/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Rare Micolash Edition

Augur'd: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Mar 6: Bloodborne is free to claim to PS+ members for the month
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25
-Dec 26-29/2017: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-Multiplayer range calculator: mpql.net/tools/bloodborne/

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-Hintertombs: 5x3agiwe
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Attached: Ahh....jpg (960x550, 54K)

PURGE FILTH

Attached: Alfred.gif (540x540, 1.96M)

Attached: 1520400652698.jpg (1210x916, 334K)

First for ARC builds

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended
So the world might be mended
I don't give a FUCK what Shadows Die Twice is. I was DeS on PS4.

Attached: mib and fluted knight.jpg (640x506, 200K)

Oh christ how do i get more chalice ritual items? it's fucking insane the amount of farming i need to do so i could fucking do more farming for gems

Attached: help.jpg (456x628, 606K)

tfw no bb gf

u wot
If you have PS+ you shouldn't be using any ritual mats on gem farming.

WHAT.
explain right now

I don't understand the dlc, when/where did the hunters find Kos? In the past and orphan created the nightmare curse?

Sup niggas. I'm playing around with the Burial Blade and I really kind of dig it but its attacks drain my stamina quickly. Should I raise my END above 15 if I'm going to stick with this guy? 15 END has been typical of most builds I'm familiar with.

The way she says 'strength' is so cute, MiB a best honestly. Also I agree, the parties involved would all make a quick buck off even a simple graphically upgraded port.

Why the fuck are you using ritual materials to make FRCs for farming? If you know the glyph you can just open the shit for free and farm to your autism's content.

There's several lists right in the damn OP.

Search for glyph and enter dungeon, no mats needed

I'm doing a skill focused build and used Military Veteran as my class.

Should I get Bloodtinge and Arcane to like 9 or 10 for a reason?

I'm level 20 and I have like 16 Vitality and Skill and everything else is base. Idk If I should just forever boost Vit and Skl with just a bit of Str or what. I hate coming up with stat builds. Ugh.

Use the anticlockwise runes if you aren't already. You could go up to 20 if you really wanted to. What's your build?

Yeah I have a +20% anticlockwise rune equipped. Those are among my favorite runes for any build. Right now I'm VIT 40, END 15, STR 10, SKL 45, BLT 10, ARC 9.

45 vit, 15 end, 25 str, 50 skl is a good skill build

..it tells me that i don't have the right.

Been using the Saw Spear most of this game btw. Just had someone help me snag a Burial Blade from one of those hacked chalice dungeons a couple days ago.

>cant even kill defiled ebby
lol holy fuck i suck

Holy shit I just started an ARC build for the first time. I don't think I can go back. I'm doing so much damage with just 35 ARC and shitty 10% fire gems from the UPC Watchdog.

Here's the DLC story
>Byrgenwerth has had its first encounter with the eldritch truth in the labyrinths
>Willem gets news of a corpse that washed up on the beach of a small fishing hamlet, already dead, the corpse of the Great One, Kos
>Willem, in his zeal to uncover more evidence of the eldritch truth, gets Gehrman and the first hunters to sack the hamlet, massacring the inhabitants, looking for eyes on the inside
>Kos' (or her baby, the 'wrath of mother Kos' is mentioned after all) in revenge for the murder of the villagers and the defilement of the corpse (it's highly likely Orphan's umbilical cord was taken), curses the bloodthirsty hunters to all eventually go mad with hunting, and end up in a sort of ironic hell where they can hunt forever and ever, little more than beasts themselves
>you go in and very messily end the curse in a rather tragic and uneasy fashion by killing a scared and angry baby lashing out at another fucking hunter who just killed these villagers AGAIN

Complete the ones in the guide in OP

Attached: KgVUkyd.jpg (824x4552, 475K)

Yeah it's great, fire shits on most main story enemies

Should I make a bl117 50/50 saw spear build to give bl117s a taste of their own medicine? I would do it in a heartbeat but I don't want to fight bl98 good guys with the build.

If I already have a physical copy of BB, can I transfer the save files to my PS+ copy? If I can't well at least I'll have 20 character slots instead of 10, which is nice.

I haven't tried this but yeah man just save your data to the cloud.

If you want to, I see no reason why not. I was told the other day that that's Reddit though (?)

>700+ hours played
>relog because internet is shit
>I get the Doll prayer after loading in

Pretty sure it's the first time I've seen it.

Yes the data will be just where you left it. HOWEVER you'll have to delete the disc data from physical to install the digital one.

Attached: 184899523 .png (256x256, 56K)

Yeah, well, fuck the Orphan and fuck the villagers, Simon was right. This whole curse shit isn't fair at all.

I also finally got the doll prayer yesterday. I didn't know she used that prayer at the DLC headstone. I thought she'd be at Gehrmans spot near the stump, praying for him.

Doll praying is one of the best moments in the game for sure. It took me a while too see it though and I'm not sure what, if anything, need to be fulfilled before she'll do it. Also, most people know this already but if you let Gherman behead you and start NG+, there will be a new gravestone (yours) that the Doll with kneel by sometimes.

No it isn't, but neither is being a baby and being murdered twice. Orphan is tragic, but he isn't necessarily in the right. The DLC a messy story that ends about as well as it could, the curse not actually ended and nothing actually fixed, but shooed out into the cosmos. The Hunter's Nightmare will continue to exist, but no one else will end up there from now on.

>DeS on PS4
It would be cool but for all intense purposes, Demon's Souls is super simplistic and is outdone by all of the later games in content and replayability. Even that shitpile DS2 had better replayability and lasting gameplay value.

>the parties involved could all make a quick buck
I think you should realize
1. Porting games from the PS3 to PS4 would require significant effort as the two consoles are internally so different.

2. The cost of publishing games, marketing and reworking how much each company gets profits etc.

3. Realistically speaking Demon's Souls would be a PS4 exclusive and thus the profits would come from a single platform's sales but unlike Bloodborne the game would not be new, it would compete against existing PS3 copies as well as newer games, the play value would largely depend on nostalgia as aside from atmosphere and level design DeS is a huge step back in the series mechanics wise.

I think the possibility of a DeS remaster depends heavily on the ps4 sales of DaS1R, that would show whether a singke console exclusive remaster of DeS would be even profitable.

Attached: 1510222174542.jpg (955x1430, 1.02M)

How do you do backstabs in this? I can never sneak and do a visceral.

I was so hype to do this for all my favorite weapons/ favorite builds. It quickly became too daunting and then MHW came out.

Since the revival I've considered getting back into it but it seems like it's already slowing down again. Wish I'd had the work ethic to just do them. Probably would have turned out bad anyway since I don't have access to Photoshop or anything.

>all intense purposes
What about moderate purposes though?

Attached: build template thing.png (2461x1544, 1.75M)

no backstabs, only viscerals. enemy must be staggered. you'll hear a distinct sound. charge an R2 then approach for the R1

No one can stop you but don’t act surprised if you’ll get a lot of shit for doing it even if you’re doing it ironically

I think the Hunter Nightmare still being there after you kill Orphan is just a gameplay thing. It's be kinda shitty not to be able to visit it again as the player after you beat the boss.

Is it just me or is the netcode ass?

It's not great.

What would be faster to get to: Cainhurst or the Lecture building?
I'm assuming they're both the same right?

>Is it just me or is the netcode ass?
>souls games
>good netcode
wew

Sneak up behind them, charged R2 them, and THEN visceral? That seems like a lot to do but I'll fuck around and see if I can get used to doing it. I've platted this game but I've been wondering about the backstabs all along...

>no class that has minimum arcane AND STR

I just want a cancerous minmaxed chikage toon with 5 arc, is that so much to ask?

I've played through ng and various ng+ at least 15 times and only just now discovered that by attacking that shadow after the Orphan fight did you get a small cut scene. I never thought to attack it before today. Is this common or am I retarded?

>miyazaki creates a game that doesnt have retarded camera angles as its biggest challenge
Can it even be done?

There's no Souls backstab fishing in this. You're going to have to work for it.

Attached: fat fuck.webm (853x480, 2.68M)

>98

Attached: 1516575711824.png (1104x1080, 527K)

Lecture Building. After you light the Woods lamp you can get the tonsil stone from any window. Not that much faster though.

More or less the same, although cainhurst would be a little slower seeing you need to go a bit farther in woods get the summons and also kill witches to make the horses come get you at the crossing

Eh, it's just as well. Truth be told, I suck cock at backstabbing in Souls, too.

>world tendency shenanigans
>pvp fuckery
>five very varied worlds
>gender specific clothing
>a bunch of different builds with more stats than Bloodborne
Plenty of replay value.

Market it as Dark Souls 0. The game that started it all! Normies would eat that shit up, people LOVE the brebare 2 dy shit. The whole Souls hardcore nonsense is a strong angle to market from. Add to that the amount of people like us with DeS nostalgia or Souls/From loyalty.

I'll give you the potential problems of a port, but other games got portedd from the PS3 just fine. God of War 3, DMC4, Journey, Wolfenstein, Last of Us, Far Cry 3 soon enough.

Lecture Building considering you just need to get to Patches in Forbidden Woods without having to clear your way all the way to Iosefka's or clear Hemwick like you do for Banehurst. The difference isn't huge but it's there.

Attached: 1491133249938.jpg (841x475, 114K)

>it seems like it's already slowing down again
I was getting constant coop today, online is alive and well

>God of War 3, DMC4, Journey, Wolfenstein, Last of Us, Far Cry 3 soon enough.
Don't forget Dragon's Dogma.

How was the orphan even born? I thought all Great Ones lose their child during birth and that's why they seek a surrogate.

Can anyone remind me how to open the front gate of the Upper Cathedral Ward? The one with all the werewolves and brainsuckers.

>I think the possibility of a DeS remaster depends heavily on the ps4 sales of DaS1R
lmao, bandai milking the Souls name has nothing to do with From/Sony wanting to remaster Demon's Souls.

Redpill me on tricked beast cutter, what bosses is it good for except darkbeast?

>this
>Kos has a human face and hands
>Orphan looks even more human, has Gehrman’s cry
What does it MEAN

I can't believe I forgot my favourite dangan

Attached: early game feels.png (645x773, 48K)

Also how did Simon end up the Nightmare? He doesn't seem very blood-thirsy but very well could've been a Church Assassin like Brador, going by the description of his armor set.

before the 2nd lazer dude in unseen village drop off a ledge. pluck the key off a choir corpse

How do you beat gank squads?

beast cutter is the worse version of something else against all bosses

carefully

So I thought that Bloodborne's concept of players only getting invaded if they're co-oping or being in a nightmare is neat. It streamlines a lot of concepts from DS1 without making it cheap. But how does DS3 do it? I only heard it wasn't great.

Untricked is amazing for any beast boss and most bosses in general

Parasite/Bloodletter

Oh sorry, I guess I was unclear. I have the upper cathedral ward key itself. Now that I'm IN the upper cathedral ward, I want to open the front gate of the building with all the werewolves and brainsuckers.

Orphan's a compete fuck up. He shouldn't exist, he's an inversion of the natural order. Makes him all the more tragic, reall.

Thanks, Anons.
Hopefully I'll get the hunter tool in less than a nhour

lead elixirs
mobs
gunspamming
cannons
list goes on

Isolate and use environments or enemies. Oil throwing mobs in the woods for example, would be useful if you're an arc build with a fire weapon.

Just look around, it’s a tiny area

Probably a church spy/assassin who learned some shit and wanted to get to the bottom of it.

>couldnt kill a boss
>realized i wasted all day fucking trudging through chalice dungeons and struggling with a shit boss for literal chances at a gem
>in a fit of rage, uninstall
yikes

wtf I hate Bloodborne now

>trudging through chalice dungeons and struggling with a shit boss
This is not the game for you bro.

I interpreted his birth as being a miracle for that very reason. And then you butcher him, just like Gehrman and Maria did.

Yeah I'm a tard, I got it. Thanks.

Where can I invade at 98?

ur butt

Invasions in DS3 heavily prioritize those who have phantoms. Gets really annoying fats having to deal with constant ganksquads

The ps4 wont let you download the digital copy as long as the disk version is installed, but the save files are the same for both.

I deleted my disk install and installed the digital version the other day. Save files are all there still.

>World tendency shenanigans
Wew, forced suiciding in each world so I can get a pile of rubble to magically disappear / or a plank to appear.
No new bosses or new levels, just some minor side areas and loot. Tedious busywork with no real reward.

>PvP fuckery
PvP and co-op went pretty much unincentivized aside from Souls but nobody bothers to co-op just for the Souls after a while, co-oping and invading returned you to human though which is cool but you could only invade / place signs if you weren't a human. Also World Tendency actively discouraged playing online.

>Five very varied worlds
4 of those ''worlds'' had only 2 levels and a Archdemon fight in each, they're very short level sets with linear progression in each, very simple bosses and no real endgame content.

>gender specific clothing
Which was a bad thing since DeS already had shit variety in terms of armor sets eithout the gender specific shit.

>A bunch of different builds
All of the Dark Souls games had better build variety. FTH gets ONE offensive miracles, pyro doesn't exist as a separate class so all offensive spells are on sorceries, you have to go back to the hub every time you want to swap spells and so on.

DeS is just full of jank that was okay back in the day but today the game rides on nostalgia alone.

Attached: 1519778420339.jpg (1000x750, 201K)

You're retarded

didnt do chalice dungeons for 200 hours, genuinely thought this was my favorite souls game
but sadly i think you're right
i wasnt really saying it was the games fault, im sure a lot of people like this spelunking stuff.

>They were trying to grab your dregs. They hunt for the Queen, the masketta-woman.
>VILEBLOOD?

Attached: 1519075864792.png (672x688, 207K)

Alright thanks. Think I'll stick with my physical for now.

Any tips on using the Bloodletter? Looks fun so far?

But demon's souls is better than dark souls.

Attached: PlayStation_4_button_L2.svg.png (2000x2100, 97K)

>Bloodborne concept of invading is neat
No, it's absolute dogshit and cripples invasions practically altogether.

Dark Souls 3's system of prioritizing hosts with phantoms is pretty gay but at least there is a good chance of invading a solo host and the fact that you have to roll around with the hp penalty if you don't ember up incentivizes hosts to make themselves open that way even if they don't summon. Especially since killing a boss gives you your max hp back like in DeS

Attached: 1513174957398.jpg (1496x2353, 887K)

What's the memeiest of meme weapons?

Trick it. Dash R1. Sometimes you can do both at once.

Attached: Fair and Balanced.webm (844x475, 1.92M)

>Dash spamming with heavy weapons
>Being a massive faggot
pick two