/rsg/ - Runescape general

previous thread Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive since the First Age, what did I miss?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,474,65994747
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/deep-sea-fishing--royal-spades-pack--feedback-buttons
>March's Month Ahead
services.runescape.com/m=news/month-ahead-march-18
>2018's Year Ahead Video
youtube.com/watch?v=k-tYcYJEknQ
>2018's Year Ahead Dev Q&A
youtube.com/watch?v=olccC9ACA30

Attached: rs fc.png (535x139, 35K)

stephen hawking was a hack

ur mom was a 2 dollar hooker

hue hue

huey huey
im watching a mgs video while grinding this horrific event

What's so bad about this event?

currency drops in 8s every 5 mins+time between xp drops
resulting in 50hour grinds per set

>Only 5 days to do it
damn

panic buy bonds

what a complete horseshit of event this is
>can't buy/sell currency
>currency switches every 3 hours so if you only want one of the outfits you have to grind for 3 hours at a lower income because lunite/solite trades for 3 to 1
>can't buy the sword and the shield with both lunite and solite, it has to be either one or the other

>currency switches every 3 hours so if you only want one of the outfits you have to grind for 3 hours at a lower income because lunite/solite trades for 3 to 1
you can change the type you get by right clicking it and selecting the opposite one at any time

>>can't buy the sword and the shield with both lunite and solite, it has to be either one or the other
because they are identical :^)

Attached: fX8nz.png (3449x2598, 3.56M)

speaking of hermaphroditic aids carriers someone tell reddit to bitch over the event until we get a better currency rate

HAHAHAHAHA I know it's low detail and textures turned off, and I fucking don't care about that

but HOW DID THEY LET THIS HAPPEN HAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: nice cape jagex.png (186x387, 57K)

I remember back in 2006 people in runescape forums would actually charge money to make bad anime ms paints drawings of their avatar/clan, and people actually paid them.

I actually agree with that.
Of course it's nice to have a few special cases where other weapons are better. Like darklight and sunspear.
And spec weps are nice too, like guthix staff, statius hammer, zaros godsword, decimation, etc.
But there's something about having a single set of weapons that is most powerful by default almost everywhere. I can trust that, unless the monster can only be harmed by specific shit, my end game weapons will do good enough.
They'll be generally accepted by everyone. I can just hop in any group and they'll be okay with all my gear being good, without having to acquire special little snowflake weapons for each and every little use case.

looks better than high detail t b h. very 80s french architecture-tier.

slayer weapons/gear rework when?

Yeah, man. I want a t99 sun's darklight spear that works best on literally everything but only on slayer tasks. Totally sounds autisome.

Did someone actually buy keys for this shit? Just play the game lmao.

dont be silly user i just want the current items for and from slayer to get fixed
i mean i remember when darkbow was impressive but now its just trash
and whens the last time i casted slayer dart? never thats who

let mid levels have their stuff, might as well ask for bronze to become useful for endgame.

It was obvious from the get go that they were going to be outclassed eventually. You can't just shoehorn usefulness back into low level gear.
People still use darkbow for switches though. EVEN THAT is not completely useless.
Nothing needs changed here.

i used to keep a bronze dagger (p++) for shenanigans but now its just a bronze dagger :(

You already have the slayer helm increasing 15% damage and accuracy and now you want even more help?

no, I'm looking at the wardrobe
the cape actually looks nice on high detail though, so I might grind the 500 whatever currency it is

How many do you have /rsg/?

Attached: Untitled.png (89x41, 4K)

i mean whats the difference between slayer and regular pvm?
actually id like it to require more ***skill*** than generic hit it till it dies

ahh, ok. Though I bet there are some people that will buy keys for it.

I use an augmented dark bow with mobile perk for warbands so I can escape more easily.

pig related
but warbands isnt even slayer
the fuck have dark beasts at 90 slayer got to do with a shieldbow that has special arrows nobody uses

Attached: fatbutts.png (726x403, 294K)

Attached: dasfdsf.png (156x74, 11K)

>actually id like it to require more ***skill*** than generic hit it till it dies
you mean elite slayer monsters? the ones the community hated cause they weren't "generic hit it till it dies"?

how do you have only one solite?

>but warbands isnt even slayer
who the fuck cares? it's useful and that's what matters.

kind of but more gear based :^)

Exchanged as soon as I saw I was getting solite.

The best part is that you're rewarded for "skill" without actually requiring it. You can rotate abilities properly to effectively shave off up to 30% time.
Using that skill, you can, for example, kill ripper demons before they spec. So people who fail to do that have to deal with avoiding an instant kill.
Then there's mammoths, which require moving exactly two squares to the side without moving away from the mob to avoid notable damage.
And what about wilderness tasks which add an element of social skill into the mix?
It's already quite balanced for rewarding skill. You're just ignoring it all.

>The best part is that you're rewarded for "skill" without actually requiring it. You can rotate abilities properly to effectively shave off up to 30% time.
>Using that skill, you can, for example, kill ripper demons before they spec. So people who fail to do that have to deal with avoiding an instant kill.
max combat
t90 weapons and armor
go to fight skippy the demon
>you require 96 slayer to hit this
its silly

You can already perk weapons with all sorts of slayer related bonuses. Switch weapons for perks are still incredibly useful, such as caroming for mage/range AoE.
What the fuck more do you want?

I'll probably just get the capes for each one.

that's what I'm doing too

>runescape is unrealistic
woah

next you're gonna tell me it's crazy how you need 80 agility for that spike jump taverley dungeon, something we surely haven't heard 10 billion times.

>I haven't learned to slay things but I should still be able to hurt them because I am good combat ugh
Please.

but agility isnt one of if not the most popular skill user
why put so little work into your playerbases favorite thing?

this is my point theres no SLAYING involved its just regular ass combat but with an artificial barrier on certain mobs

you mean things like wearing specific gear like cave horrors or basilisks, or like having different mechanics like glacors and camel warriors? or both?

two times you've changed the argument into something unrelated, first it was about how slayer should be more than just generic monsters, then after elite monsters were pointed out you changed it to "b-b-but why do i need 96 slayer to do this high level content it's unrealistic!" and now you're changing it to effort? what? elite slayer monsters are like the most effort jagex has put into monsters a long time prior to their release.
>artificial barrier
EVERYTHING in the game has an artificial barrier, EVERY game with stat-specific items have those like Dark Souls, what are you doing here if videogames are too unrealistic for you?

You're telling me they put 'so little work' into a skill with 100 monsters dedicated to it?
Oh no, just like combat levels and equipment are a artificial barriers on hitting high!

Please stop posting. It's embarrassing.

>Slaying monsters is somehow not slaying monsters just because it can be compared to other combat
I was going to look for a reaction face, but gosh. I don't to remember THIS SHIT when looking through them later. Fuck.

How did you get so many so quickly?

Dude WEED LMAOO

grinding my ass off for solite, lunite got em from daily keys.

Attached: Untitled.png (43x42, 2K)

What if a shortcut here?

Attached: shortcut.png (337x278, 97K)

what if you sucked my dick.

Will that make me get to the clue spot faster?

Well, at least you aren't buying keys.

shut the fuck up about your shitty edate cosmetic promotion xfatto go spend your time losing weight instead

Go spend your time at work wagecuck

Attached: 1429200745129.jpg (2048x1447, 253K)

I'm new, I assume Silverlight is shit right? It looks cool and I want to make some holy warrior dude, so I'm walking around with that sword and the book.

Just keepsake it and use it as a cosmetic override

Buy keepsake keys goy

This event gear looks nice but.. I'm working for the whole time. Is it possible?

I think it's 15 hours for the armor
unless you get lucky on daily keys

Yah, with a couple nights of no sleep.

rate my fish collection anonymous

Attached: fish.png (473x292, 113K)

1-99 fishing?

breddy good / 10

What does /rsg/ think of me playing rs3 on a mac?

ur gay?

No sir.

My work laptop is a mac. It works for afk'ing or a separate screen for netflix while I play. I've managed to get some reaper tasks done while traveling too, though it lags quite a bit at araxxor.

got a scare tactics today, sold for 2.5m
what did you get today, /rsg/?

Don't you get a Silverlight override for free after DoD?

I did my daily vis wax

almost played more but just didn't care enough

Nothing notable.

At least 3 other high leveled players who PvE often in grindanfc alone use macs.
Silly as shit but whatever.

>Hate slayer but want to get 120
Such a boring skill.

Well engage it then. It's only boring if you let it be boring.
Use full manual, alch, loot, and diss between attacks. Hell, even 4taa if you're that bored.

Makes trips longer.

What? Killing faster and clearing drops between attacks makes trips longer? Please explain.

Yeah, I mean, makes sense doesn't it? If you're picking everything up, alching stuff, etc., that takes a lot longer than just standing there and killing them.

what kind of logic is this? takes the same amount of time

Like I said, between attacks. You never stop or interrupt doing damage.

Well I mean in that case, of course it doesn't change the duration. But I think the point that user was making was to try to add something else into the mix to disperse the grindy-ness of it.

It's not about dispersing the grind. It's about engaging the game. Actually playing it with full attention. That is the best fuel against boredom RS can offer.

do self imposed challenges
no armor tasks
tier limited tasks

NONE OF MY CLUE SHIT WILL SELL

Attached: thom_autism.gif (480x324, 3.91M)

>still doing clues
what a retard.

you're trying to do the wrong thing at the worse time possible

even a barrows dye at 200m is still more money than i've ever had.

Attached: 1484961824970.gif (480x270, 1.76M)

>resorting to very rare drops
oh user

You're probably trying to sell at guide price and expecting it all to go smoothly. Which is completely retarded. Just drop the price until it fills someone else's offer or wait literally forever at your exorbitant asking price.

are you talking about the trimmed and god stuff?
they should be at ~300k still

one of these times that huge xp star is gonna be a dye.

that's not how it works, user

>WHY WON'T PEOPLE BUY MY SHIT AT THE HIGH PRICE I'M CHARGING
>Look at all this potential money I can have a CHANCE at getting!
>I'll win these slots some day
Gee golly, I wonder why you're poor.

probability of winning the slots is much lower than getting a dye though.

Reminder not to kill yourself. Some dude on r9k just did.