In February 1821, Napoleon's health began to deteriorate rapidly. He reconciled with the Catholic Church...

>In February 1821, Napoleon's health began to deteriorate rapidly. He reconciled with the Catholic Church. He died on 5 May 1821, after confession, Extreme Unction and Viaticum in the presence of Father Ange Vignali. His last words were, "France, l'armée, tête d'armée, Joséphine" ("France, army, head of the army, Joséphine").[184][185]

Is this some kind of a joke?

This guy rises from nothing to becoming emperor of France and his last word is literally the name of a woman who cucked him?

Other urls found in this thread:

shannonselin.com/2015/05/napoleons-last-words/
youtube.com/watch?v=qrjl2h4Zo5U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He was a goyim.

>People loved their wives and said nice things about them sometimes

Breaking news

She wasn't his wife for years at this point and she had cheated on him multiple times with other men.

Sometimes you can't help who you love user

Yes but doesn't this make one realize that the grandiose picture people have of the past is unwarranted when this guy who seemingly conquered so much and became so great died in some manky island surrounded by guards and his last utterance was the name of a woman who cucked him?

Does it not dampen the image?

have you ever been in love user

Yes but I've never been so much in love that I would consider my last word to be the name of a woman who cucked me after I had conquered Europe!!

t. Someone who's never been in love

Are you such a loser that you would still love someone after they cucked you?

If that happened to me, I would literally forget they existed and never speak to them again.

If I were on my deathbed, my last words would probably be the name of my ex- who left me thee years ago.

I don't see what's so unreasonable about Napoleon uttering "Josephine". He was probably remembering some fond memory of them two in the past. When you're about to die, I'm sure everything you've done - no matter how great - appears inconsequential in the face of what's coming, so one scrambles to search for those pleasant memories to comfort them as they pass on.

I think you're being autistic.

Still love someone? Yes I would, even if I got cucked. That doesn't mean I would want anything to do with them anymore. If my fiancee cheated on me, I'd dump her the minute I found out, but I know I would never quit loving her regardless.

hi cucks

If you're in love then the answer is pretty obvious yes.

at that time he was delirious because the british made him shit himself repeatedly so he was shitting blood

like this wasn't a guy on his deathbed passing away this was a guy going unconscious because the british fed him laxatives until he shit out his stomach lining

>at that time he was delirious because the british made him shit himself repeatedly so he was shitting blood

serious?

>Their hypothesis was that the calomel given to Napoleon became an overdose, which killed him and left extensive tissue damage behind.
never trust an anglo

Love is a peculiar thing, though i understand such things are way out of op's expertise.

Intersections of Love and Death don't have to make sense and are filled with conflicting emotions.

>haha Napoleon was a cuck what a faggot lol
>check out my hero who is a midrate businessman who will never be as impressive as based Nappy

Why are Americans so shit? Just accept that your empire is collapsing and that you're too mediocre to truly be great.

Fucking perfidious Albion

t. saltycuck

They had an open marriage. They both fucked other people, but still liked each other.
But of course we're on Veeky Forums.

I'm disappointed wikipedia would post such a thing as fact. There were several witnesses that reported different accounts of what exactly Napoleon's last words were.

This site does a good job summarizing and points to all its original sources:
shannonselin.com/2015/05/napoleons-last-words/

It even includes a handy diagram (pic related).

Yes, user, it happens that sometimes, people hurt you but you still have feelings towards them.

>Cucks
>But guys cucks
>Cuck cuck cuck

A high level of discourse is expected.

what a cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=qrjl2h4Zo5U

cucked

People are complicated. They love those they should rightfully hate. He apparently never stopped loving her, even though he couldn't trust her. These things happen.

Aesthetic end to the greatest man of all great men.

What a based fellow.

Part of the appeal of Napoleon is that he's perhaps the only example of a beta rags-to-riches story. Hitler, for example, was popular, well liked by his peers, confident in public and a great speaker. Napoleon was bullied in school, mocked by everyone around him, so shy that he fainted when the assembly booed his speech, and yes, was cucked by his wife. But despite all this he stomped on the collective face of Europe for twelve years. Napoleonic France was the beta uprising.

>Hitler, for example, was popular, well liked by his peers, confident in public and a great speaker.

Hitler was beta as fuck as a kid, he even fantasized on a girl he never had the guts to talk to
Napoleon too became confident when he was Emperor

The Wikipedia article's last words are what people agree to most likely be his last words.

>love

This is why the netorare genre exists senpai.

For christ's sake, why is there this constant reproduction of "Hey guys isn't Napoleon a cuck? Right guys? Right?" Threads? It's fucking boring.

>posting a draft dodging coward in a thread about Napoleon

I want /pol/ to go and stay go

Did you even read the article? Supposedly only one witness mentioned (20 years after the fact) that Napoleon said "Josephine" and it was in their best interest to say that.

>what people agree most likely be
People (who? experts?) can be wrong. Wikipedia can also be wrong.

If your only response to any form of disagreement is calling someone variations of cuck your ideology will never gain any traction among sane, civilized non-virgins.

t. Frog

Did you read the article yourself or others?

There are multiple accounts which corroborate the general idea in the Wikipedia entry.

he was being poisoned by the British, his mind was likely gone

I meant did you read the article in Wikipedia and many other articles do not cite their sources to the level of quoting individual witnesses to Napoleon's death. They instead propagate a myth.

Napoleon cheated on her as well.

hi autist

lonely people have to make themselves feel better somehow

Stirner bashes sacred love, but not love itself.

I hate it when people don't get stirner.

If you can just stop loving someone then you never loved them senpai. Emotions and rationality don't always see eye to eye. I think it was pascal who said "the heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing."

it's a way for us to connect with the great characters of history

makes you think