I watched this movie, and kinda liked it. I saw it raised controversy, and I find it weird...

I watched this movie, and kinda liked it. I saw it raised controversy, and I find it weird. Why is the memory of the Pacific war still such a touchy issue.
I can understand why China, Philippines, Korea still hold a lot of grudges against Japan. But the USA also seem to have a rather distorted view of the Pacific war, like still seeing Pearl Harbor as one of the worst crime against humanity ever, or refusing to acknowledge Nagasaki bombing was unnecessary. Why ?

Bump

No one ?

I can't imagine many Americans have even heard of The Eternal Zero, much less found it controversial.

>refusing to acknowledge Nagasaki bombing was unnecessary
We nuke them once and they don't surrender. We nuke them again and they surrender. Seems like it was necessary to me.

>why is a movie glorifying the aggressors of a war theater that affected over a billion people a touchy subject?

>We nuke them once and they don't surrender. We nuke them again and they surrender. Seems like it was necessary to me.

some myths never die

I fail to see how it glorified the Japanese. The massacres they made wasn't the subject of the movie. To me, it was also clear that Japanese officers were assholes in that movie.

>refusing to acknowledge Nagasaki bombing was unnecessary
You have to completely ignore what was going on in Manchuria and the rest of China, and the imminent Soviet invasion, to think forcing Japan to surrender IMMEDIATELY, right then, not in 3 weeks or 3 months' times, was "unnecessary."

Thankfully, gooks do die, however. They die in nuclear hellfire, reaping what they sowed in China and elsewhere.

If anything, two bombs wasn't enough, given what they had done.

If the US had add one article in the Postdam conference about Japan keeping its emperor, they would have surrendered. Hiroshima can be justified, but not Nagasaki.

They got butthurt about Miyazaki's film too

>Japan's only mistake was losing the war

fuck off you obese retard

Funny, considering Miyazaki was one of those who hated Eien no zero.

>Japan sends a diplomat to talk to the US for peace and about trade.
>Japan attack Pearl Harbor without any formal declarations of war, while still having a diplomat over to "talk about peace."

You tell me why you aren't ass blasted. Forcefully occupies American territories overseas and puts the American people through several horrors (Guam, Philippines, other islanders as they were Americans at the time)

You tell me. Japs deserved the nukes and deserved to be invaded and deserved the planned invasion of their homelands.

To be completely fair china employed suicide bombers against the japanese. Much lile these pilots perhaps some of them beleived they were fighting for their nation

>Muh Pearl Harbor
It was a perfectly valid military target, 2500 people died in that attack, how many civilians did the US kill with their "strategic bombing" ? Were the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan justified too because of 9/11 ?

The Japanese army obviously needed to be stopped. But seeing Americans refusing to even acknowledge they committed war crimes, even 70 years after the war is just weird.

Fuck you, Murikans. Because you bombed Japan they become this moe kawaii uguu bullshit instead of manly samurais.

I like how retarded the US is, like wow we forced open those ports on that really nationalistic island and forced them to accept imperialist capitalism, now they are torpedo bombing our ships in Hawaii, how strange.

Us Pearl Harboured their own asses with shit long term thinking.

Wouldn't have happened if they didn't attack pearl harbor.

>They destroyed my ships
>Let's drop two atom bombs

>muh pearl harbor

They weren't mad about a military base being attacked. They were mad that the Japs did it while the diplomats were on there nominally to seek peace. Even the fabled telegram they were supposed to deliver wasn't actually a declaration of war.

The American public wasn't mad they got stabbed. They were mad they got stabbed in the back by someone who came under truce.

I swear the murricans are the most delusional creatures to walk upon earth.

And they failed to reach an agreement and attacked. It's not like the USA weren't expecting them to do so

what movie?

Americans aren't taught that their neutrality was largely a farce. Lend-lease + oil embargo on Japan made their loyalties pretty clear.

>Pls surrender
>Hurrrrr give me an indefinite amount of time to think about it first
How about "no"

No, we are. We're taught that we were out for war from the get go.

>They destroyed my ships
They also killed over 1000 people at Pearl and invaded every major country on the pacific the next day.

Maybe Japan would have surrendered if the Americans made it clear from the start they would let the imperial institution continue.

indoctrination
americans are the dumbest ppl on earth
dumber than african tribes ppl with no education

Yeah, that's the thing. They weren't. They attacked on the same day they were supposed to break off relations; not when they declared war.

The fact that they did this before relations were broken meant that they had been planning to do so from the start and had been negotiating in bad faith.

The Wind Rises afaik.

But The Wind Rises was about how shitty a plane the Zero actually was and how many compromises had to be made to give it its performance.

This, everyone knows that the Hayabusa KI-34 is the best and cutest plane.

>Forcefully occupies American territories overseas and puts the American people through several horrors (Guam, Philippines, other islanders as they were Americans at the time)
>Philippines.
Funny thing Philippines.

The US literally- by its own will (and largely because the Depression fucked us over)- gave the Philippines its independence in 1935 by making them a commonwealth. The Commonwealth was a 10 year prep period for independence in which us and Flips basically built the country's infrastructure before declaring IRL independence. Literally the most benevolent handover by a colonial power to one of it's soon-to-be-ex-colonies.

Japan then arrived, wrecked all this, and had the gall to tell the Flips that they were free now. Seriously, if there was a moment the SEA Mexicans turned Third World, that was it.

But the Americans still knew the attack was imminent. All this talk about how sneaky Pearl Harbor was can be explained easily. First, the Americans had fucked up and failed to guess where the Japanese were going to attack. Second, all the propaganda surronding this event, it's incredible to see young Americans still saying stuff like "never forget Pearl Harbor", it really shows how good the USA is in terms of propaganda

They could guess, yes. But that still does not magically make the fact that the Japanese attacked us under a flag of truce go away. They couldn't time it properly to do it after their diplomats had left Washington, and they paid the price. They fucked up and stabbed America in the back, and the American public reacted like anyone would.

bitch please since when did Japan ever use a declaration of war
you can make excuses for the Russian when they got surprised the first time.
But if you haven't figured out that japan likes to get the jump of you by 1941 you are all kinds of daft.

>he doesn't like anime and manga
>he doesn't see Japanese animated media and vidya as one of the pinnacles of human cultural achievement

Wew lad

I'd rather have my anime than a bunch of nips constantly trying to take over east Asia and stabbing themselves in the gut at any perceived dishonor lol

>butthurt about Miyazaki's film too

Why would they be butthurt about that film? The main character even asks at one point "Who are we using these on?" and his friend is like "I don't know, the Americans, the British..." he then responds with "We're going to lose"

For the umpteenth time, there is a difference between jumping you without a declaration of war and jumping you when they LITERALLY HAVE DIPLOMATS IN YOUR CAPITAL TRYING TO PREVENT WAR. *THAT* is what got the American public so mad, the duplicitiousness of it all.

Don't forget the sequence with the bombers that are bombing Chinese cities being torn to shreds because none of them have self-sealing fuel tanks.

this is what subhuman Americuck think..Lmao..

this

no that's fucking clever and you just got butthurt that the nips tricked you
do you think the germans gave a days warning you numbnut?

No, but the Germans weren't trying to avert the war with diplomacy when they opened fire dipshit. It'd be like Hitler invading Czechoslovakia while he's still talking with Chamberlain at Munich.

Why would we want them to kill, pillage, and rape their way across Asia again? It was a good think we nuked them because Asians can't handle nationalism rationally. Just look at China and South Korea.