Consider that there is:

Consider that there is:

>luck in being born with a high IQ
>luck in being born with good genes to attract the opposite sex without trying
>luck in not being bullied and hence developing poor social interaction skills later in life
>luck in choosing friends you can trust
>luck in learning new things with little difficulty
>luck in having good mental health and not killing yourself after persistent failures

Are there any points of our lives which we actually have any control of?

Is "hard work = success" only possible if you have the luck to have good mental health to not want to kill yourself and are in a supporting environment during your struggle?

It's not luck, it's Darwin.

Kys or do a vasectomy, don't spread your shit genes for the sake of humanity.

none of these have to do with luck, if you actually look at it mechanistically.

Isn't Darwinism just randomness taken to its extreme?

Consider that 100 million sperm died before you reached the egg first and was born.

You fight for what's yours.

I think you're getting triggered by the word luck.

People still have to put in hard work if they want to achieve something. But they need a good mental health and supporting environment in order to do so. Both of which you can't choose - your brain cells / IQ and whether you are born in a supporting family or are lucky enough to befriend trustworthy friends.

You have control of your thoughts. That's it.

oprah had to sell her body and was abused by her parents. Despite being a dumb nigger bitch with bad looks she fuckin' made it. You wanna call that luck? Do your thing. Stay poor faggot.

Yeah but all those 100mil carried the same gene structure.

Its not luck when you can chose your sexual partner to maximise offspring superiority.

[citation needed]

you have in your genes only potential, to get big you'll have to lift weights.

>inb4 no such thing as being superior user!
Here, step in my shower.

No such thing as luck, not even when it comes to gambling. We have a hidden sixth sense to predict gambling.

If you were born with shit parents, low IQ /poor genes then you kill yourself and spread the message that death is good. But don't be a loser, if your parents were retards then kill them too and perhaps inherit the house and have some quality time before ending yourself.

>luck in x (the rest)
Those are things you choose. Someone's life is great because they chose it to be good.
Only weaklings fall prey to bullies/shit friends, communism and their own cowardice.
You can always hire somebody else to deal with your problems when you're incapable of it, just like copying in a subject matter you suck at.

Except she was born with good genes and a high IQ as indicated by pic related.

It still amazes me how you people make up incredible stories to deny just how lucky you are.

>conveniently ignoring reality and facts

Let me guess, you voted for drumpf aswell.

>Are there any points of our lives which we actually have any control of?
Yeah it's using the self knowledge of our limitations.

Also, and I think I've used this analogy on here before:
>Bad Luck is when the day of a great job interview my car's drive belt snaps the morning I'm driving to the interview, and my cellphone is out of battery so I can't even call them to reschedule
>Or is it... what if I always forget to charge my phone
>What if my car has been making a funny noise for two weeks now and I was too busy shitposting on Veeky Forums to actually have a look at it or take it to a mechanic, AND I always forget to charge my phone?
>"Bad Luck" is that those things happened on the morning of the interview, not a week beforehand, not on the drive back
>But I made a series of decisions, day after day, that increased the chance of those happening

Also, I'm assuming if you're on Veeky Forums you're probably middle class, so you're already better off than like 80% of the world's population or something.

But even if you're not, if you think of life for the sake of analogy as a infinite tree-branch pattern of pathways, at any given point, you always have the choice to take actions and create behaviors that will maximize your chances of "success" and minimize bad shit happening to you. Yes, you can never totally eliminate that, you may discover tomorrow you have a rare form of cancer, you may get hit by a bus, maybe your house is swallowed up to a sinkhole and your insurance company goes broke the same day... but you can increase your chances... and then maybe good luck will come your way.

IT'S CALLED PRAGMATISM!

>Also, I'm assuming if you're on Veeky Forums you're probably middle class, so you're already better off than like 80% of the world's population or something.

>you're not allowed to have problems because 80% of the world has it worse off

>>you're not allowed to have problems because 80% of the world has it worse off
When did I say that? You were talking about "Luck" so you're already "luckier" than those people, just like the top 40% of them are luckier than the bottom 40% of the world.

When did I say "you're not allowed to have problems". How come that, of all the stuff I said is the only part you addressed?

>life for the sake of analogy as a infinite tree-branch pattern of pathways

This is what free will cucks actually believe.
No wonder you're all so ridden with anxiety.

So you're saying it doesn't matter what decisions I make, i shouldn't get my car fixed, shouldn't try and actively get a better job because there is no free will and everything is predetermined?

And before you get on your high horse and say that's not what you said: all you did was make a dismissive remark, added the shibboleth of stupidity "cuck" as pejorative and then failed to actually explain with your implied wisdom why it's the source of anxiety?

Care to try it again lad?

>luck in being born with a high IQ
genetic predisposition is so insignificant; while relationship is nuanced it's definitely mostly environmental
>luck in not being bullied and hence developing poor social interaction skills later in life
environment
>luck in choosing friends you can trust
>luck in learning new things with little difficulty
all things you can have control over; stop blaming luck boogeyman

This life movie doesn't make any sense! All these people are just making shit up as they go!

No you're confusing determinism with fatalism.

>No you're confusing determinism with fatalism.
Sure, but how are you not talking about fatalism when you say "free will cucks"?

Because I was talking about determinism, wherein there is a butterfly effect that can be reinforced through successive good decision: and again, where and what is your disagreement with that?

3/6, could be worse

I have failed at more things than most people would even bother trying and I will continue trying things until something takes off

> luck in being born with a high IQ
Brother is a literal genius, but I'm more knowledgeable because I work hard
> luck in being born with good genes to attract the opposite sex without trying
No one does it without trying. For some it's easier, they don't have to spend as long in the gym.
> luck in not being bullied and hence developing poor social interaction skills later in life
You're only bullied if you let yourself be bullied. Asked Bryan, who tried to bully me in 7th grade and got a fractured skull. Or Max, who tried to bully me in highschool and got a broken wrist.
> luck in choosing friends you can trust
Not luck, more of a skill.
> luck in learning new things with little difficulty
Little difficulty compared to what? Some things are far easier for you then others. It's not "easy or hard", knowledge is a spectrum
> luck in having good mental health and not killing yourself after persistent failures
Mother fucked do you know what 'luck' is? You're just being a sad sack, throwing a pity party, and being a little bitch. Everyone can change and improve everyday.

And yet you were lucky enough to overpower your bully and turn out to be an aggressive chad

You forgot
>luck in being born to a middle class or higher family

You can address and fix most of these problems

I have crippling mental health issues and I put in the work in skills training and medication to fix it, Worked throughout college to help pay for it, worked out and figured out what looks good on me to attract women

you can literally work through all of these issues in a short amount of time with a pretty basic knowledge base

>Are there any points of our lives which we actually have any control of?
You're currently choosing to shitpost here instead of learning and bettering yourself and making money

how the fuck do you control your thoughts?

do you know what you'll think about before you think it?

I agree but would say that for the most part every human on Earth has a built in gift or gifts that they can excel at.

For some it's their brains, other their brawn, etc.

If you try enough things in life you will find something you can be very good at. Then you use that for $

Darwin is a meme and natural selection is, at best, a truism.

How about being born is a western democracy during an unprecedented period of peacetime and medical technology.

And yet tons of people are miserable

>this is what untermensch tier gene carriers actually believe
top kek
I bet you even carry the rh+ factor, literal monkey.

>the business board is discussing philosophy

spoken like a true loser/sjw.

this thread cant be real. the number of captious excuses in this thread is shameful. sounding like 19 year olds arguing with your parents, conflating synonyms just so that you don't have to concede that even one of your points is full of shit.

mental illness is the most pathetic, rock-bottom excuse you can possibly use. yet it's also the most popular, because it can never be refuted -- nor can it be proven. "m-muh brainscans!" yeah, it doesn't mean what you think it does. you learned to read, you learned to use technology to accelerate processes, so you're capable of learning everything else you need to get what you want. if you're not willing to make sacrifices, you won't get anything. should you?

some self-help books are good. psychocybernetics will teach you internal representations and how to control yourself under stressful times. business books give insight into the habits and thought patterns of people who are doing things that you arent doing the right way.

Consider that there is:

>luck in just being born

now do something with the time you have

Your post is full of things that aren't permanent detriments and disadvantages. Bullying, social autism, and most other kinds of non-psychotic resultant mental illness can be solved for free if you're poor. Work ethic can be acquired, and most things other than your face and height can be changed for little cost. That being said, your life is largely determined by
>How smart you are (random, immutable)
>How attractive your face is (random, immutable)
>How tall you are (random, immutable)
>How rich your family is (random, practically immutable)
If you failed all of these rolls, and are a poor, ugly, short retard, your life is fucked from the beginning and there's not much, if anything at all, that you can do to change it.
If you failed 3 of these rolls, you can still live an enjoyable life, but you're going to be putting in 10x the effort that others are to achieve the same thing. Exception being if you are rich.
If you failed 1 or 2 of these rolls, you're average, and can easily live an enjoyable life with an average effort.
If you failed none, you won. No effort required to live a more enjoyable life than the vast majority of people around you.

In my experience it's not really about controlling your thoughts. It's about controlling your reaction to them and not getting attached or stuck on them, which over time will reshape your mind and your reaction pattern. This will ~eventually~ change the type of thoughts that come into your mind, but you will never change your thoughts by trying to force negative or unwanted thoughts out of your mind.

I've found a particular type of meditation practice called vipassana to be very helpful. I would recommend it to anyone with difficult thoughts or who experiences a lot of anxiety. As a bonus, I've also found it helps a lot with trading stocks/crypto because it makes you less emotionally impulsive.