/hg/ - Halo General

#416 - Back to the Future Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise. New arrivals check out the spreadsheet for updates on community events and to familiarize with active /hg/ members.

>/hg/ 1v1 Winter Championship
Punished Dog wins the championship, beating THE ONE BIG RED in a close game, 15-13.
youtu.be/qZs5Wwc8ZPg

>/hg/ community spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/180BTI18TtggxC9yGxZE5-_QPiSK_fFAGLOx5awbTySY/edit?usp=sharing

>Halo General Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/chief-concerns

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>News

Attached: halo3_98500313_Full.jpg (1536x1152, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/n1cdcsNhSPY
youtube.com/watch?v=MtPsAf3bgAA
youtube.com/watch?v=yWh9l8RSkPk
youtube.com/watch?v=sCxv2daOwjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jTyGWXX4ve8
youtube.com/watch?v=ommLyaaLnc8
youtube.com/watch?v=iNhfuhiveUM
youtube.com/watch?v=f5qMjQvW-QE
youtube.com/watch?v=xZOUNbbInBI
youtube.com/watch?v=V8NmynhfeUs
youtube.com/watch?v=MoHCpa4rG7I
youtube.com/watch?v=vUBiRXXwqdI
youtube.com/watch?v=i5jPy-GmyUc
youtu.be/pXCKqt4bWDE
youtube.com/watch?v=IgGRKZ1nmt8
youtube.com/watch?v=-WWjwsCCOFM
halo.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=FreeformLiid&sg=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We already had this edition with the same picture.

Attached: 1472323571633.jpg (322x156, 11K)

>Custom Edition dev brought on board

Attached: oh my fucking God.png (1987x1080, 1.36M)

not really. it only got 23 replies and was deleted.

>Microsoft planning biggest e3 ever
gas up the hype train
This e3 will either kill /hg/ or save it. Might as well go all in.

Attached: canocity.png (857x1202, 1.14M)

thread theme:
youtu.be/n1cdcsNhSPY

Attached: Just_keep_dancing.gif (600x253, 2.08M)

If they do it I'll cut off my dick and balls, because custom edition on MCC will bring me more joy than any family could.

Attached: file_59.png (192x192, 6K)

Attached: Snapshot_20171220_092658.jpg (1920x1088, 263K)

What killed the dinosaurs?
Noble Team.

>that DMR number font
>DMR only holds 12 bullets
>0 score
>that HUD color
Something about this seems off

That's the reach beta

OFFICIAL HALO OST LIST
-------------------------------------
1.Halo 3 Warthog Run (1 is acceptable in place of this) youtube.com/watch?v=MtPsAf3bgAA
2. Halo 3 ODST Difference for Darkness youtube.com/watch?v=yWh9l8RSkPk
3.Halo 2 Mjolnir Mix youtube.com/watch?v=sCxv2daOwjQ
4.Halo Reach Ghosts and Glass youtube.com/watch?v=jTyGWXX4ve8
5.Halo 4 Green and Blue youtube.com/watch?v=ommLyaaLnc8
6. Halo 2 In Amber Clad youtube.com/watch?v=iNhfuhiveUM
7.Halo CE Bravery, Brotherhood youtube.com/watch?v=f5qMjQvW-QE
8.Halo 3 Halo Reborn youtube.com/watch?v=xZOUNbbInBI
9.Halo CE Dust and Echoes youtube.com/watch?v=V8NmynhfeUs
10. Halo 2 Heavy Price Paid youtube.com/watch?v=MoHCpa4rG7I

Attached: UNSC.jpg (1680x1050, 581K)

Attached: 1460514147490.png (764x556, 23K)

Tew Betrayals

What are the two betrayals

Spark and Cortana

Attached: shimmy.webm (1280x720, 407K)

>halo 4 shit in the same list with all those other osts
delete this

>implying halo 4 wasn't worth it for that ost alone
user pls

ok its a good ost, but it does not belong on a list with Marty's music

lets boogie

Attached: awoo.gif (450x540, 294K)

that's a dumb reason imo
If the music is good, it's good.

>Too good for the Reclaimer Saga OST list, not good enough for the Halo Trilogy OST list
JUST

Attached: lewdtana shuffle.gif (320x180, 1.55M)

Lemme pull out a classic

Attached: HTTPS9tZWRpYS50ZW5vci5jby9pbWFnZXMvZWI1ZmRhMGNhYjdmMDUyOWIxOTkxMzI1NjFjMGMzYjgvcmF3.gif (498x278, 488K)

>it's a dance/music thread
comfy

i'm just saying that there are better osts that should be in its place in that guy's list
>this isn't on his list
youtube.com/watch?v=vUBiRXXwqdI

>Halo 4 alternate ending.gif

>he likes the crash bandicoot suite
embarrassing

>Cortana fragmented herself and decided to take up being emperor of the galaxy
She really should have pursued erotic holo-dancing instead

Attached: cortanavx21.gif (320x240, 299K)

ok how about this one
youtube.com/watch?v=i5jPy-GmyUc

I'm in the mood for some Halo 3. How active is the MCC? I might just buy an Xbox One S to play it. The 360 version is just dead, only playlists on there people bother with are Lone Wolves and Social Slayer.

This is the kind of thread I like

Attached: 4L_MHMPu3lz.jpg (965x724, 71K)

this is some kino stuff right here.
I sometimes play it when I'm out for a run.

Does BTB still suck in halo 5?

Attached: 1450265294688.gif (320x180, 2.66M)

>Halo 5
Yes

Yep. Halo 5 is going to be the only Halo game that launched and never received dev made BTB maps (no, Warzone doesn't count).

Nah listen to this star wars shit
youtu.be/pXCKqt4bWDE

Halo 4's music is totally unfitting and therefore bad. I can count on one hand where the music actually complemented what was going on in the game well

Attached: eecea664bd7233b2412b73e2fb4a9317.jpg (1920x2731, 1.39M)

Yeah thats not bad

I literally thought of Star Wars when I heard that shit. It was terrible. That being said, Green and Blue is nice

Active enough to find matches.
Plus the major overhaul update is coming out so you should pick it up now before the price rises.
What's your rank in Halo 3 on 360? I'm mid 30s and can find matches in almost every ranked playlist and BTB pretty easily still
also, I recommend getting an X console for futureproofing If you're getting an S I say just save money and get an original.

>Does BTB still suck in halo 5?
Yeah. The mechanics of the game don't transfer well to big open-sight battlefields. It's pretty strictly a 2v2 and 4v4 shooter. That's all it really works as.

Is it wrong that I'm still upset over it? I generally felt insulted playing it. I get they wanted to push their meme mode but that got old after a weekend. I didn't like the arena maps so the game had nothing for me despite having kind of good game play.
Sometimes I just want to go back to playing CE using shitty p2p clients.

kek. It DOES sound like star wars holy shit!
I do like some halo 4 music pieces though

ODST was good.

youtube.com/watch?v=IgGRKZ1nmt8
youtube.com/watch?v=-WWjwsCCOFM

If we could take Halo 5, make every weapon just SLIGHTLY less deadly, have actual vehicles on actual maps, and make the physics fun again, we would have something good on our hands.

5's biggest mistake was trying to push esports at the cost of literally everything else. I mean, Apex 7 is the ONLY map in the entire game with vehicles on it, those being 4 mongooses. That's just antithesis to what Halo should be.

Attached: 1516485459140.png (1080x1195, 1.33M)

The gameplay really isn't even that good. It sacrifices almost everything that can lead to the possibilities of "fun moments" so it can be balanced, and even there it's not perfect. They also keep changing the game every few weeks instead of letting it settle and have some identity.

Nah. You're justified. I mean, every Halo game except 5 launched with dev maps that supported 16 players, even Halo CE which literally launched before Xbox Live was even a thing and the only way to get 16 players was through LAN.

Anyone mind acting as my training wheels tomorrow in Halo 5? I haven't touched a gamepad in years, so I'm more than a bit out of practice. Gamertag is herr andrew.

Attached: 1346259220304.jpg (391x430, 14K)

Definitely, dude. Add Neirn, and I'll be on after I'm done with some irl stuff.

5's BRB problem isn't a lack of devmaps.
I'm not saying it's not bullshit that they focused only on memezone. It is, but regardless of who is making the maps, the game just doesn't play well with larger than 8-player environments. The entire game is built around the Spartan abilities and they're pretty much almost useless in wide open fields.
see

I will send you a message on XBL
We can work something out, plus it looks like Neirn wants to play too and he's a top tier /hg/ user.

Is there an event for /hg/ tomorrow or something?

5's biggest mistake was its art style, I pray to god it looks like actual Halo this E3.

It is what it is but dammit I'm still mad

Maybe next game will somehow please everyone, they must have learned a lot from the cluster fuckery. I mean H5 is still successful right? I stopped playing after a month but I been around since H2 but clearly some people enjoy it. I watched some of the esports shit other day and it wasn't that bad. Didn't look appealing to play though.

it's successful because of req packs
BUT it's unpopular for the same reason.

343 is going to have to find a way to do both or more fans will quit.

>What's your rank
Haven't played in years, but this is my old profile.
halo.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=FreeformLiid&sg=1
>I recommend getting an X
I'm only interested in replaying the old Halo games, so getting an X would be overkill. It costs over twice as much.

REQ packs are terrible. The only reason I played for as long as I did is because I felt some compulsion to unlock all the armor. 90% of which is fucking ugly. I won't make that mistake again with 6.

Thanks, I'll try not to drag y'all's W/L ratios too far down.

Attached: 1462536865014.jpg (324x401, 65K)

Don't worry. I'm sure you're not as bad as some of the people here.

>no blue team
>no covenant prayer
>no walk softly
>no jameson locke
>no the trials
>no revival
>no 117
>no to galaxy
>no arrival

I love marty as much as anybody but people who dismiss the new music just because o'donnel didn't compose it are really missing out

What playlist should I focus on if I want to derust? I'm kind of curious to play now but I didn't even play that much during release, only reach level 43.

b-but the 4K...

I'll be honest, I don't mind Locke at all. He is nowhere my favorite character, but I do like him. He is not perfect, he makes mistakes and is certainly weaker than Master Chief.I like his humanity.

at this point there's really only team slayer. Which sucks but they removed normal FFA and team objective is bad without a team.
Just take this advice: be patient. Untrusting takes time. You will die. You will lose. My advice is only use the pistol unless you're picking up a BR or Light Rifle and trade the AR for everything else. Pace your shots. Only shoot when you know you have a shot on target and don't aim for the head until shield breaks.

>weaker
not according to 343 lore

Then why he didn't win his fight with Chief?

He nearly did. Chief should have been able to sweep the floor with Locke, instead it was nearly Locke who won. It's silly.

Can't exactly praise the new songs when I can't remember a single one

The original trilogy is full of memorable ones, the new games have uhhhh... That song in Halo 4 where the woman goes HEEYYYYAAAAAAAAA

And I only remember that because of how bad it was

>Not perfect
>Makes mistakes

In his first scene, we seem him flying down a mountain 360 noscoping an entire covenant army. Then, he single-handedly kills Jul'Mdama with no resistance, saving Doctor Halsey in the process. Then later on, he beats chief's ass and smashes his visor. Then, he turns the tide of a civil war on sanghelios and saves the Arbiter's life. Then, he rescues master chief and blue team from being trapped by Cortana for 10,000 years

Jamal Sue

the life saving shit is for me the worst stuff. It's so forced too. The sanghelios battle in no way conveyed that Arbiter was in trouble. That line that says "I saved your life" is just as forced in as "war is traditionally a males job"

halo's story has been dead since 343 took over so I can do nothing but sit back and laugh

This shit should be a parody but it's not. This is a textbook case of how NOT to introduce a new character. Not a single person will enjoy some literal who showing up out of nowhere then doing everything better than any established character.

Arbiter was backed up into a temple with an army closing in on him. Sure he is taking out a few goons with his sword when you see him, but if you didn't wipe out the entire army beforehand with your mantis/wraith/whatever he would have been overwhelmed.

>He nearly did.
He just cracked his visor. He even pulled out that thingy that was supposed to lock his armor and he still lose.

The first scene was something that all Spartans are supposed to be able to do, including Chief. The scene where he kills Jul'Mdama was weak, I will not deny that. He lose the battle with Chief (which was his ONLY real objective at that moment). He might have saved some sangehilis but not the Arbiter itself, he was doing pretty good on his own. The ending was bad, I would not deny that.

Sure, but the fist fight should have not been as equal as it was.

You also have to take into account the fact that Spartan-IV are supposed to be technologically more advanced than Spartan-II, they're obviously going to have some advantages despite their lack of experience.

In a fist fight? Chief was not only like a foot taller, but stronger and quicker. It probable doesn't help that the fight looked like two fatties fighting over a greasy chicken leg

it's not like Arbiter has ever taken out and pushed through worse odds before...

i liked this HUD a lot more

Locke got more hits on chief than chief got on Locke. Locke also busted chief's visor. Regardless of getting frozen, none of that should've happened to begin with. The only reason it did was for 343 to show off their fucking OC character.

343 oc sonic'd us kek

Yeah when the player was controlling him not when he's some shitty NPC for agent Locke to cockslap

Attached: 50d3e5c7-e3ae-46a5-967d-82ff998c81eb.png (1920x1080, 2.03M)

>That moment where Halsey's personality takes over and she crashes the ship

What could have been, and instead we got a cliche "whos really the human???" plot

Attached: 1493737080094.gif (250x198, 1.66M)

It was cliche, but I dont think it was done terribly

Isn't the BR total crap after all the weapon tuning they did?

I'm credit grinding for inheritor, what the hell is wrong with me?

>Destiny is dead
Does that mean 343i will stop copying stuff from them like the reviving your ally in campaign?

Figures as much, did they ever add in the actual objectives? Although I just clued in Oddball wouldn't work since muh abilities

They better. Fixing Halo 5's gameplay mechanics are super easy

>want to play a normal SWAT match on H5
>H1 SWAT
>mmmkay
>SWATNUMS
>o'right
>SWATNUMS again
>...
>H1 SWAT again
>...
>H1 SWAT

WHY

Hey fellas, what do you think about having a classic Halo night soon? That means no Halo 4 or 5.

Attached: 1521425097470~2.png (1558x880, 1.06M)

How soon?

Upcoming weekend. We'd have to use MCC. Start in matchmaking and enter customs when necessary.

Attached: 1517177071298.png (1516x1080, 918K)

Halo is being played.

Attached: 1465095332146.jpg (623x904, 261K)

why do people think 16 players on lockout is fun

Which Halo game is it and where do I join

Welcome back user. I haven't played a ton lately but you might see some people join you tomorrow.