Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

woof woof

>Monster Hunter: World
Deviljho, weapon balance, and more coming March 22nd.
monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/update/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous shitpost:

Attached: 1f3f6e44a376e326fa4babf5d8ae5f26[1].jpg (1500x1500, 1.4M)

First for best gun.

Attached: destructions_fusillade.png (230x230, 12K)

That is not Legia Shattercyst, remove this post.

Huntresses

Attached: 882b2.jpg (850x979, 251K)

>Shittercryst

I'll have one glass of milk please.

Reminder that GS is best weapon

Attached: 20180318_005159-1.jpg (2771x1805, 2.48M)

>Analcyst

Monsters?

Attached: 67808109.jpg (2480x2751, 2.74M)

Rathian huntresses.

Attached: __rathian_monster_hunter_and_monster_hunter_mezeporta_kaitaku_ki__8edf0f6787bf8c6ec8865c2424a8b9d7.j (768x1024, 295K)

[The Blacklist]
List of players you should avoid in /mhg/ sessions!

Fishie
Laius
Jeannu
Deadcreeper
Elfriede
Choir Girl Vicky
Lor-quan
SpookyBoi
Catpun
candy
MASTERLINKX
Modacai
Kany
Ava
Emi Tsuju
Nyx
Grushenka
Egregoros
Adam
Katya
Dairry
Nephutis
BAAL
Shiara Vane
Arslan
Aaron
Arcmen
Vandark Holme
Xiphos
Nora
euggy
Vandarkholme
Noine
Meadows
Ruuk
Viktoria
Kori
Icydeanoobs
Oushin
Antares
Weeaboo
BAAL
YourMom
Luna
Hafiz
Lionheart
Sammich
Shalako
Bloodlust Mira
Mana
Celty

If you see any of these names, leave the quest and blacklist them immediately! They’re on this list for a reason!

Attached: D889186D-5C6A-418C-BC55-4D0B2C373317.jpg (213x237, 16K)

>Black diablos in the small room
Fuck that dude she slides so much and there's no room.

Attached: Not cool.jpg (326x210, 20K)

what does huntress milky taste like?

Attached: 1494026044436.jpg (570x584, 234K)

Thank you for keeping me alert on who to avoid. I refuse to ever play with /mhg/ anyways, I'll stick to enjoying the company here.

Tastes like frenzy virus

Is there anything I can improve/add to this LS set without sacrificing my lewd hunter fashion?

Attached: image (5).png (1350x759, 2.52M)

I've played with a couple of these and they were pretty chill.

Attached: 1410022390308.jpg (550x449, 58K)

I really miss being able to min/max in MH and still have challenging fights
Getting really bored of killing elder dragons in sub 5 with no chance for them of even fighting back unless i fuck up

Attached: 1495553731514.jpg (722x575, 155K)

Attached: 1472233864149.jpg (707x1000, 224K)

oh hey I made it onto a list

Attached: laughingtimeisover.jpg (720x447, 33K)

>Elfriede
>euggy
>Bloodlust Mira

I played with these players before. Never had any problems with them. We hunted tempered Vaal and Diablos and others without any drama.

Can you tell me what they've done wrong in the past?

Then fight them with sets that aren't min maxed. Go full Girros set or some silly shit and see what happens. Give yourself a personal challenge.

man shield and shield is really fun

How do I calculate effective attack?

I want to know if Xeno GS is any good with enough Crit, or if Vaal is all there is. That white sharpness on the Xeno tho...

I miss Moofy

We all do, user

It's one person adding whoever they run into onto the list whether they like it or not. If you play with /mhg/ you will inevitably end up on this copy/pasted list at some point whether you played well or not.

>I miss being able to min/max AND still have a challenging fight
>"Ok lol don't min max"

What an utterly worthless contribution

Dual shield does sound pretty neat.

Worldbab here,
If we aren't supposed to call them builds then what the fuck do we call them so you guys don't bully screech at us?

Attached: IMG_4509.png (1334x750, 962K)

It's literally one autist. Probably his "revenge" for being called bad.

Tell me a good set for the Legiana hbg (or what skill should i aim)....I want to bully big monsters.

Attached: 1511994151769.jpg (1000x665, 146K)

XBONE UNITE

We call them sets.

>greentexting a rebuttle
What an utterly worthless contribution
It seemed like the person just wanted to have themselves a challenge if anything. I was just trying to help.

Toons

How long until blacklist fag blacklist himself?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Is there a /mhg/ xbone session??

Drama/shitflinging
Interrupting carves
Discord use

>join random multi tempered fight
>random is bleeding the whole time and doesn't know how to stop it

Attached: 893479847539045.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Someone teach me how to build around teostra's cannon. I just can't figure it out. Am I sopposed to be spamming normal 3? pierce? sticky/clust?

>shitflinging is bad
How else are you supposed to get rid of Bazel?

remove Adam from the list to show respect ffs, the kid killed himself and he still on the list

What does the symbol next to the weapon icon mean in the player list? It looks like a do not enter road sign.

Thank you user.
I will call them this too now, I hope I'm not being trolled.

Heh, not today

Did he get bullied too much for carting and just offed himself? /mhg/ is a nasty place...

>Stopping your assault to heal
>monsters face when you've lost 14 liters of blood but still keep coming

Attached: 1521129804808.jpg (1080x1145, 150K)

there is no "the rest of the roar"
roars are a single instance that can be blocked or dodged
successfully guardpointing a roar gives you a free window to immediately land an AED

Can someone tell me the quickest and easiest way to boost my Hunter Rank?

I'm currently HR70 and I want to be HR200+ so that I don't feel inadequate next to all you folks who I hunt with who are like HR200 and above.

Raw * Sharpness * (Affinity / 4)

do whitewind

One day you'll hunt with the only person not on that list. Then everything will become clear.

Do Optional Quests that featured tempered monsters like Summons From Below give out good decorations and augment stones?

Those are blacklisted players user be careful around them.

Tempered multi-monster investigations

Why are there so many Xbox One players this late??

like the moment when you realize nanako is the true murderer

>"game is too easy if you do ___"
>then don't do ___
>"HURR I AM NOT GOING TO GIMP MYSELF"

Every fucking time.

Needs more Vitality

>trying to raise my HR in MH4U
>90% of the players i meet wear clownsuits with literally 0 active skills, some even have decorations in slots amounting to nothing
>people who are HR4+ coming into my rooms and triple carting because they have less than 50 defense
what the hell is this

Attached: tumblr_p56ms3CTVZ1uk1e86o2_1280.jpg (577x420, 62K)

>Mad that he can't report others for calling him bad
>Autistically posts the same meme list thinking it will do anything

Not even on that list, but I'm going to make a point of playing with everyone on that list.

I was actually in charge of making the room and the squad, but no one ever joined so I stopped bothering.

>Paolumu, Gama and Girros don't have a single unique weapon
I hope that's fixed in G Rank. I mean, even fucking Lavasioth got the shit treatment, and its weapons in the previous series look rad.

There's a lack of unique weapons in the game and it's pretty sad so many share the same model with very slight alterations.

The point is literally that in past MH games you were able to min/max without completely breaking the game. I'm sorry that you are so retarded that you completely miss the point.

Unless you're willing to swap out Odo pieces, then no.

So then obviously there's no solution to your problem so what good will bitching do? Fucking christ take your blog and complaining somewhere else you massive crybaby.

>mfw Odogaron has weapon trees for everything except all of my mains

Attached: 768754.jpg (438x632, 64K)

>no tempered jagras to fuck jho up
I sleep

Never before has spread felt so good

I like the Lumu swaxe that has a fluffy heart on it

Not him, but nobody should have to self-gimp themselves in order to make games hard. The game should be the one imposing the difficulty, not the players. That's why I find shit like "no rolling" runs in Dark Souls games to be completely stupid. Players going out of their way to make the game hard.

(Note: I don't necessarily agree with him on MHW's difficulty. That user nostalgic for older MH difficulty is really just nostalgic for a game where the difficulty comes from damage sponge enemies scaled for multiplayer. Difficulty in older MH games was largely artificial difficulty. MHW is the closest there has been to a MH title where the difficulty feels just right and not forced.)

It's inconsistent as fuck too

Like, why does Tobi GL eventually upgrade to a unique model when Legi GL is always an Iron Gunlance with shit taped on?

Its actually a hitscan shotgun now instead of firing a cloud of fuck you flinches into other hunters.

Daughter

Attached: Ca-mUdDUAAAVm-x.jpg (1676x2184, 303K)

Shit, is that how Spread works now? That actually explains a bit.

Pierce shots.
Free element/ammo up
Attack up
WE if Attack up is < 5
Evade Extender

One shield customization and Guard if you're not used to the slowness, otherwise Recoil + ranged Up × 2

Don't bring it to Elder fights though unless someone else elder seals the shit out of them.

also imo all ED need to have a weapon in every type, esp new ED
some of the vaal shit looks cool but he lack a lot of weapon

You seem angry.

It's not to make games hard, it's to take an existing game, and add an extra layer of challenge. No one praises games because they're hard if you do [x], they praise gamers that do [x] because it's going above and beyond what the game intends.

Worldbabs buying the game on discount and have no idea how old armor skill works.
All of the old players would be at endgame G rank by now if they're still playing.

Wife

Attached: 59678348_p0.jpg (707x1000, 626K)

Any ways to improve this longsword set? (other then get a hero-stone since sword-stones dont flipped exist)

Attached: Long and hard sword.jpg (1920x1080, 273K)

Just so you know, you really only have to be HR 50+ to play with us. Most people are 100+, but there are quite a few below that.

delet

Attached: 58381941_p0.jpg (3000x3000, 924K)

Here's a good set for the Legiana HBG:

Forge the Workshop LBG instead that can benefit from non-elemental boost and ends up dealing more damage than the Legiana HBG with Pierce 2 because there are no more HBG/LBG modifiers

Eye patch> nerg helm

Monster Hunter XXX

Well tough shit faggot, you have mainly 3 options then:
-Go back to a difficult game in which you can still do that
-Challenge yourself in World by not min-maxing
-Complain about it in a Cantonese Watercolors board

augment your sword

Not in every situation. As you can see they have WE3 without it so you'd be incorrect with your opinion.

what augment is best for divine slasher?

Only thing I can see is maybe take 1-2 points out of handicraft and pump up critical boost with gems (lol)

Affinity.

Which means that they wasted deco slots on WE instead of just using the patch, lowering their DPS, so you'd be incorrect with your opinion.

They always choose option 3..

Attached: 1434307440076.gif (320x240, 2.64M)

Are the LS and GS the only arena weapons worth making in MHW?

Does the roll for HBG have any i-frames?

I can easily roll Paolomu's roars even without Evade Window if I use any other weapon. But it seems that using the HBG changes roll properties somewhat.

Am I just shit or is there an actual change to HBG rolls?

GS is becoming my favorite weapon and i'm afraid the patch will make it too overpowered to be enjoyable

Not him but I was running into this before world

It actually feels like a shotgun now. It helps that the sound effect for shots and hits for the LBG/HBG with Spread shots sounds so much better than Pellet shots in previous games.