206k unconfirmed transactions

>206k unconfirmed transactions
Is this why the Bitcoin price is stagnating

Other urls found in this thread:

trustnodes.com/2017/05/17/ethereum-reaches-50-bitcoins-transaction-volumes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bitcoin is a mess

>using Bitcoin
No, fuck this retarded, slow, fee-mongering monstrosity. I only use it for trading because most coins are paired to it. Whenever I need to withdraw or transfer, I always use fast altcoins.

>my fiat gateway only uses BTC

Fuck this gay earth. Going on 7 hours waiting for my tx to clear.

retards on this board just can't understand that altcoins are NOT fast. They are just not used as much. Even if they have bigger/faster blocks this only means they will scale really bad in the long run - most likely by centralising the network.

Shitpost all you want, if Bitcoin can't scale, none of your meme coins can

>What is lightning network
>What is PIVX

Litecoin and ETH will topple btc
They are fast as fuck

Its time we get together and get SegWit through. Fuck ASICBOOST.

it took 15 min today to transfer btc from bitbay to polo and i didnt pay a fee

This.

Also Bitcoin doesn't even need to scale. It's already becoming a settlement platform for certain projects (Factom, Komodo etc.). Ethereum is also considering using it's security on the back end when it goes to POS.

ETH has a 15 second block time
BTC has a 10 minute block time

post the tx hash faggot

what would be the ETH block time if it was as widely used as BTC?

>block time scales with use

You should really read up on things you invest in

I meant confirmation time

Bitcoin? More like SHITCOIN

THE DREAM OF A DECENTRALIZED CURRENCY IS OVER!

THE ONLY WAY TO ESCAPE THIS WORLD IS ON THE ALT-POWERED ROCKET!

REPENT! REPENT AND BE READY FOR ETHER TO OVER TAKE THE EARTH!

>tfw wanaencrypt will boost bitcoin

That's a better question.

Real answer: who knows?
Currently I doubt it could handle the load as well

I want my mother fucking bitcoins, goddammit.

I misses out on so many moon missions today because of my btc being stuck in limbo.

Fuck btc its shit 10 min block times might as well be a horse and buggy.

>Litecoin

lolno

Been waiting for fucking 11 hours to transfer my BTC. This shit is a joke. It used to take seconds and I paid a decently high fee too 105k.

>biggest network hash power (security)
>censorship-proof transactions
>seize-proof store of value

there are other coins for instant cheap payments does not mean at all they will replace bitcoin

Why are there so many unprocessed transactions now?

Computers were a mistake

I agree.

>bitcoin transaction stuck on unconfirmed after 4 days

178k yesterday

>send 10 USD
>pay a fee of 2 USD

Yeah companies can't wait to get on it. Truly a new paradigm.

>babby wants to transfer monies without fees
my BTC transactions take minutes at most

>BTC will be a future currency!
$2 fee to buy a coffee (plus tip).
>Well, it's a good store of value like gold!
1 day to confirm transaction

How much more can Bitcoiners backpedal?

If they pass segwit I might have my faith restored

otherwise it's literally a communist crypto

This will get fixed soon

literally how

the majority of miners (chinese) aren't going to allow it to happen because it will break their forged asicboost

this:

>t. blockstream drone

you do realize that those are both posts by me

Yes, segwit will possibly fix the issue

The problem is that they won't ever be able to implement it until asicboost is open-sourced or the shenzhen hack is reverse engineered (what is the incentive to do this exactly?)

How do you foresee segwit even possibly being implemented? Do you believe in mythical altruistic chinese people?

Doesn't look like it will be fixed anytime soon, the Chinese are fucking retarded.

I can't upload images anymore.

Hey /biz,

I heard about a 51%-attack on Bitcoin and that such an attack wouldn't be likely.
But as I've seen there aren't a lot of full-nodes. Site says ~6000.
So 6000 isn't such a great number. Wouldn't it be possible for an attacker to
at least DDOS the full-nodes, so they quit working? And after they don't provide
their transaction verification service anymore he has the power the manipulate the
ledger with his new full-nodes?

XtraBYtes is the answer
There will never be a transaction that takes longer than 60 seconds in XBY

They are almost done with a major update that is basically lightning, for ETH network. Look at the transaction volume...it is growing every day, coming up on BTC. Plus it takes just a couple minutes to send, guaranteed. Just try it. Not to mention the impending breakout with the EEA2 announcements...

we wouldn't be in this situation if Jihan and Roger stopped sabotaging Segwit

>unironical BUnigger
you have to go back

are you a complete shill?

Lightning DEPENDS ON SEGWIT

There is zero incentive for the current power players to implement segwit, since that will destroy their mining advantage.

You quite clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

>major update

You mean a soft fork that will never happen. The only possibility is that you somehow get a segwit-like protocol built in that doesn't break the shenzhen asic code

ETH developers have no idea how to implement the LN. They are just stalling, waiting for it to be completed by Bitcoin developers so they can copy-paste it

Never ever

ETH is currently at 1/2 of BTC's daily volume and 100 times faster:

trustnodes.com/2017/05/17/ethereum-reaches-50-bitcoins-transaction-volumes

I am actually talking about Raiden for ETH, which is over 80% done, original code, and weeks away from being released. I said that it is similar to lightning except it's actually going through...

See above

sorry your ID color was nearly identical to the person I was talking to and I didn't realize you were responding to an old post

Oh yea all good homes. Not trying to be a shill here but it's astounding how underbought ETH is right now. The facts, REAL news coupled with the lack of a shill army says a lot I think...

Dammit sorry to keep posting but from the article I posted above:

"Can ethereum handle this growth rate? It depends how fast adoption and development moves in the coming years, but eth can currently handle around 20 transactions per second, which is close to 10x of bitcoin’s current capacity.

That means, even in its current form, it can at full capacity handle some 2 million transactions a day. "

And his blockchain is a mess that you can't even fully download anymore.

The autists on this board don't get that bitcoin will eventually get layer 2 scaling solutions. Meanwhile, enjoy the "stagnating price" (just lol when we are hitting ATH pretty much daily lately).

If you can't send transactions over the capital B blockchain, then use pajeetcoin or wait for layer 2 solutions to arrive.

If you are too stupid to understand any of this, stick to index funds.

Raiden is a half baked lightning network. Lightning network is already working on Litecoin thanks to segwit. Not to mention Rootstock is coming.

Eventually most alt will become irrelevant (even more so). The market will exists because people love gambling and pumps and dumps.

Litecoin will stagnate for a bit, but as people like me realize the advantage in speed that it has compared to bitcoin you will see its market cap increase.

Because when I need $100 to $500 worth of btc to put into the newest mention NOW bitcoin is too expensive and slow.

You could pay $1.60 to transfer your money to an exchange whoops it took 4 hours the moon mission is over or you could pay $.25 and get it there in 3 minutes.

You could say the same thing about eth except I like to hold onto my eth.

Yes, bitcoin is rangebound until litecoin catches up and the traffic moves there.
Smart people are buying litecoin while it's down.