/ss13g/ - spessmen on spess station celebrating spessbirthday

Last Thread:
Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>ded serb ded gaem
>multi-level maps when?
>HoP and AI unite to have a surprise party for the Captain, fun was had until a pacid smoke grenade detonated

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>OH GOD MY GAME FROZE BUT I CAN STILL SEE CHAT HOW 2 FIX??
Try the latest 512 version! It SHOULD be mostly functional
If that doesn't work, downgrade your BYOND version to byond.com/download/build/510/510.1347_byond.exe

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/c32NDYj

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/G468vcr

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Attached: happy birthday.png (1772x893, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vZjMaf2YOsk
youtu.be/4ipx35bqJRA
youtube.com/watch?v=-wdyCW9-jQc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for MoMMI is the best job on lowpop

>tfw play testing changes produces more bugs than I wanted to fuck with

job ban captain, hos

>wanting to fuck bugs
lewd

>OOC: Irradiation: Funnily enough, he popped Astral Journey then stayed in it
absolute madman

baby's day out mode when

>player controlled baby spawns at roundstart
>captain has to secure him
>anywhere from 2-5 undercover syndicate agents cooperate to capture him
>baby can resist out of people's grasp/containers and ventcrawl on cooldown timers
>babu gets randomized objectives as the round goes on (e.g. "go to the laundry room," "pet ian," "light somebody's cock on fire"), completing them enhances baby's abilities and strengthens its plot armor for further mischief
>baby must eat regularly or die (to prevent players from locking it in a room for extended periods)
>four minutes before the emergency shuttle docks all agents are notified via pda uplink that a syndicate shuttle will be arriving at one of several random locations at the same time as the emergency shuttle
>if the baby arrives at centcomm, the crew wins
>if the baby arrives aboard the syndie shuttle, the syndicate wins
>if the baby's left on the station or dies, everyone loses (round continues??)

Attached: fuck the pain away.gif (850x465, 3.76M)

I WANT TO FUCK FELICITY RIVERA'S BIG ASS WHILE SHE BARKS AUTISTICALLY

when you make a feature request for it and then either start coding it yourself or assist someone else in coding it.

wuci

legalize erp
stop being swerf and terfs, bigots

how do we learn how to code for this server

unironically the discord
they have coding sections if I remember right, even one for starting out

hit up see plus plus dot gooey dot gov
all the hottest tips for e-serfdom
your negro agricultural university online

There are basics guides on the wiki, and the coder discord has a channel for people to ask for coding advice.

mash the keyboard and make pr, it's been working for years

I've heard that the problems with the Deff brig are twofold
1) Too far from stuff
2) Perma too easy to break out of

What if we
>Move the Deff teleporter into the Deff brig, making it the ultimate rapid officer deployment option for TACTICAL DEEP STRIKES
>Turn Deff perma into a prison ship that can fly away to dock with gulag on the roid

Get on the coding discord and ask "how do I code?" In the "How-do-I-code" channel.

Spoilers: the hardest part is learning github. The second hardest part is unravelling the spaghetti code.

That's bagel's gimmick though. Deffs perma should have a layer of sleepygas or space between it and maints to prevent the piss easy breakout

What the fuck language do you even script this game in?

A proprietary called dream maker. It's like C, but with python indents. You will learn to hate it.

some 'issues'
>regular teles will send you to random locations (space) frequently
>relies on beacons
>beacons aren't located near high crime areas apart from the bridge
>beacons can be picked up and moved by anything

>perma is rarely used
>gulag permas are never used
>central docking area = prison riot deep strikes
>extra dead space means extra meme-maint

>still catty-cornered and a hike from everything else
>extra meme-maint = brig proper is easy to break *into*
>may or may not still have non-reinforced glass for [arbitrary dooney reasoning]
>may or may not still have a free nitrous flood for any grug with a blunt object

not entirely opposed but these are some things to consider

Same guy replying - you should check out the GitHub. Caught me before sleepy time, so I'm mobile posting - otherwise Id drop you a link. There's a link in game, upper right hand corner.

REMOVE BAGEL remove bagel

Total garbo shitpost unless you provide supporting logic friendo

hey ho hey ho bagel has got to go

bagel is worst station. bagel is the worst station bagel is the shitty bagel. return to derelict. to our meta cousins you may come our box. you may live in the brig....ahahahaha

>took a long break from spess
>almost guaranteed Veeky Forums hasnt done anything so i check CM out
>"Pill Bottles now have Child-Locks. Normal Marines and non-medical crew are not smart enough to operate them."

So is CM a joke now or what?

You know when you try to make your first Sims house and you end up making a cobble of huge rectangular rooms and you have no idea what to put in them to fill up the space?
All of Bagel is like that.

its been slowly devolving into a joke, especially with the shitty human sprites they did which make em look like they're made of playdoh

dude it's high pop lmao

I have never been on CM
post the sprite

theatre+holodeck is some of the ugliest fucking shit I have ever been in
rip out the entire wooden block
just start over

Don't talk about CM
Don't reference CM
If you come across someone who admins on CM, piss all over them.

been a joke
i don't see it maintaining it's current momentum on the off chance feweh doesn't try and get them DMCA'd

>comes back from long break
>retains his grudge
>wears it like a crown
youtube.com/watch?v=vZjMaf2YOsk

Attached: 1520451484903.jpg (509x339, 18K)

stay gone

cm host is a supposed military dude but
>I fought LITERAL TERORRIRTZ who are better people than those who play on some shitty ass 13 year old 2 d spess mans
>also DOXX all those fuckers, they deserve it for saying silly words in a spess geam!
I mean... you can't really get worse than that in terms of being an admin of ss13

Attached: baw3vXt.png (885x417, 54K)

>>regular teles will send you to random locations (space) frequently
Not if you test-fire beforehand.

CARGO HAS NO MAILING BELTS

I remember him getting autistic about something about doctors

i think that he didnt want people to operate planetside and instead told em to holla dying people back all the way to main ship and THEN operate.

That was it

WELfare BOYscouts
look dad i joined the WELFARE BOYSCOUTS!
youtu.be/4ipx35bqJRA
listen to this fucking kid
read that in his voice
oh my god dude

if people could chose their loadout in the character screen it would have made the entire game a better experience. I stopped playing grunt and took up medic, which was more rewarding and fun to play, but you always have to spend at least 15 to 20 minutes if you want the true autist experience, or at least in order to make sure you dont have to re-supply every half an hour because you ran out of bandages. If people could just customize their favourite weapon, rigs and satchel in character creation loadout it would have been that much smoother but we gotta wait 30 minutes before the first action starts and then just die from FF

yeah, he doesnt really feel like the guy who actually fuckin sees any action in the front lines, but even if, c'mon, comparing shitters on the internet and saying they're worse than some fuckin isis? That's fucked up.

but dude it's like real wars
that he was in
you just sit around and stuff
like real life
immersion

next update: VA benefits

>no book belt for the librarian
>no bottle webbing for the bartender
>no PDA satchel for the HoP
>no flower holster for the botanist
>no security belt that has 10 slots but can only hold donuts

Attached: yare_yare_daze.jpg (320x320, 16K)

cm needs a clown update

tone deaf for sure

Why is Veeky Forums's codebase so much better than Veeky Forums's?

because they have liggers and catgirls, DUH, oh and lavaland.

>2562
>walk into bar
>battle of lil slugger starts playing

Attached: meatboy.png (554x400, 100K)

youtube.com/watch?v=-wdyCW9-jQc

gay (str8) sex with hats (cat ears) on

quick gimme unlisted servers

Attached: ChuckAwesome (2).png (159x168, 49K)

slash vee gee slash

v.o.r.e.

As much as he is a faggot, the RCD is a legitimate loadout pick for a HoS to kool-aid man through some obstacles

I thought emergent gameplay was the best feature of ss13

byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Go to github
>Go to the file
>Click the edit pencil
>Click the edit pencil on the other files
>Smash dat mf pull request
Wiki

Git looks terrible and autistic but it's basically just pasting 5 commands whenever the guide tells you to.

Alright, while I get where you're coming from, you also need to step back from the shock. The painful reality is there can be over one-hundred and s i x t y marines. Non-prae spit was nerfed to basically be a joke that you can take care of yourself and you can generally handle your own moderate injuries two to three times heavily alleviating *medic

With this in mind, the child locks aren't that bad. It's just a little bump to try and alleviate runaway marine swarming and incentivize protecting your downie medics,

Open a PR. I doubt anyone will fight something as braindead as two metal crates and a signaller. I'd do it myself but there's a bagel PR up and I haaaaate varediting and testing conveyors

I see people talk about "long breaks" all the time and then it always turns out to be "six, maybe seven months".

we got a couple a class clowns over here
no lifeweb either i already got in but i aint paying my hard earned rubles for that shit

I never fucking wanted bagel.
Even with a lot of work put into it bagel will still be my least favorite map.
No, fuck off, I won't learn how to map just to slightly improve one thing in bagel. The fucking shitmapper that forced that garbage on the entire server owes me that much.

Attached: Maximum Disgust.png (459x360, 355K)

Why would you have to pay money for lifeweb? You're not new are you?

There are players in the playerbase that wanted bagel for years ever since donutstation fell out.

Yeah and I'm sure there are people here who want their balls stepped on.

>people wanted it
>people got it
>Anonymous: Well I wasn't asked. I don't want it.
just vote for another map when it comes up

Alright, redpill me my famalam. Write up your biggest word vomit on what's bad about bagel. I got cargo's no autoconveyor in a pastebin.

n-no

>Ever spending a dime for lifeweb

Why would you ever do that, user? Unless you can't access server one or two, there's no reason why you should bother with that. You're a joke if you fall for the 30cm meme dick or miggers living in the fort for that easy life

You don't have to become a mapper (which is braindead easy) just to have something improved. Make an issue. I have to beg people for map feedback when I change things.

Posting requests when you aren't going to be the one to do them is pretty slim odds of them being done. But posting requests in the thread where they're more than likely not to be seen then lost to time is the worst way of going about it. It takes 60 seconds to sign up for github and 20 to post an issue. Then when I do my weekly map fix roundup I see it, I fix it or try to improve it, and you get what you want.

Signal boosting this

The PEOPLE'S MAN(tm) probums christ is here. If you're too shit or unwilling to do it yourself, thoroughly describe it, make a good case for how it improves sphess and use a throwaway e-mail to post a github issue.

Hell, you can even trigger >c*ders and just use the bug report button as a feature request so you don't even need to use an e-mail.

there's not another server for accounts that aren't allowed in right? thought that shit didn't exist

seeing as how marines got nerfed 4 times in the past month or so and still have a 65%+ winrate yeah its a joke
all they do is vote 624 or big red and hiverush
on the offchance that their retardation gets the better of them and they stop the push, or prisonstation/icecolony got chosen as the map xenos are handed a win
also a shitload of the admins left and now theyre super strict and do autistic and/or retarded events all the time, at least during the times that i play

Big rooms with lots of completely empty grey space in the middle. It's not "highpop" it's just poor. Looks terrible and plays terrible. Arrivals and bridge are some of the worst offenders. Also every room is a perfect rectangle mostly because of the above bad placement.
Absolute fucking worst maint of any map I ever remember playing in. Big, 2wide, empty, slapped on top with no thought. Brig has an entire layer of maint around it that has no reason to exist and is never used.
TOO MUCH FUCKING WOOD EVERYWHERE AND IT DOESN'T EVEN LOOK GOOD
Hallways are terrible to navigate. It never feels like a circle it just feels like a constant annoying zigzag.
Chapel needs to be burnt down and started over, just all of it
Criminally overuses rwalls
Centersingulo is hella epic XD
Podbay behind mechanic's
What the absolute fuck is going on with the disposals pipes inside the windows outside brig?
Where the fuck are the vending machines here?
Brig cells are incredibly out of the way and out of sight
Like I already said, someone could spend 100 hours fixing every little detail about bagel and it would still be the worst fucking map by far. I already resigned myself to just not playing when it comes on and that will never change even if I open requests about it. It's just a bad tumor on the server that we'll never get rid of, much like taxi except it's here to stay

Also one important thing I forgot, there are almost NO O2 lockers anywhere on the hallways. Hallways are empty and dull and sterile in general.

What kind of 'tator are you?

Spectator – These people sit on the sideline, never getting in the game. They just sit and watch you do all the work.

Hesitator – These are people who talk about their ideas and dreams, but never do anything to reach them.

Commentator – People who find fault with the people playing the game. Never get in the game. Never take risk. Never fail forward. Never succeed.

Imitator – These people are so unhappy with themselves, they have to pretend to be something they’re not.

Dictator – Bossy people. They’re not confident that they can sell others on their ideas, so they have to try to bully them.

Agitator – Perhaps the worst of all. These people like to stir things up. They’re only happy when they’re unhappy. They try to unite people as a negative force.

You want to be a:

Facilitator – These people are always looking for a solution. They bring out the best in others by making work easier.

Sweet ‘tater – These humble, likeable, nice people will do just about anything for anyone. They genuinely like people. The get respect because they treat people with respect.

While the nerfs aren't helping especially the loss of common and the cargo nerfs, it's 100% a lack of staffed command, staffed competent command, and boots on the ground to stop doing dumb shit. It's a lack of the SL and CO making sure that they have at least 3 rail scopes with AP per squad to keep boilers off. It's the fault of the SL not keeping tabs on his squad's loadout composition and ensuring there's enough shotguns that in a tight group, anything will die pushing. It's a lack of the spec rounding up 3-6 squaddies to always stick with him to run flanks. It's the fault of the smartgunner who thinks he's rambo and dies within 10 minutes of contact every single time. Don't get me started on jarheads and command getting their shit together once the ayys age up a bit and the squads need to function as one body, not rambos because 3 marines are only good for being hosts at that point.

That's fine, we just want to improve it so it's better for everyone. You have a different perspective than us which makes your help vital

Yeah, a lot of the depts are basically flood fills and it's rough. Sadly it's a lesson for the future cause >reibay rerun
2 wide is so you can't blind shoot down a hall for free balids. Thoughts?
Vending machines was a poor idea to create a novel station by allowing cargo to run out with its restock packs. Thoughts
Sec maint's almost entirely for antagonism and slightly for a meaty whore/bleb shield. Thoughts?

yeah, biggest cluster is in escape and arrivals. If I could turn back time, I'd have buggered him to make central's wall 1 tile thicker for o2 locker nooks. Deff and meta have the same struggle.

Since dorms is absolutely worthless as a space, could we swap sec with dorms on deff?

>dorms is absolutely worthless as a space
very important for succs

Attached: AIRyiUF[1].png (3315x2522, 3.41M)

Hesitator ;_;
Being a silicon/sec main was a mistake

youre not going to get it in that space without a fundamental remodel of that entire sector of the station.

Better solution, make a new map.

I'm the missing option for the people who actually try to do things, but all their ideas are fucking horrible and worth little to no notice.

>tfw no comfystended followed by invasion from spacebasecargocult

>genetics so hot that you can barely even see the room
Wait, really?

i've been all of those things

Attached: Gallagher Mad As Hell.gif (420x396, 1.38M)

It's dorms though, all he has to do is assblast that quadrant and really, there's nothing of value to it that can't be remapped with bobbling the ghetto med into part of it could actually see it get use when shitbay is inevitably blown the fuck out as the cryo tubes are the main limiter for tool storage medbay

>Try to set a theme gimmick for the round because it's lowpop, I don't want to deplete us but I also can't get myself fugged
>Instead of going along with or at least ignoring it, they fight it in the most hamfisted way
>AI's probably the only one that had any fun

A mix of all of the above but a failure of nearly every one.

>when you want to do THAT but can't because you've already wasted too much time fucking about and also sci didn't bother with research so you accomplish very little

well at least it was funny when the shitter cmo attacked me and got stung immediately

>blow up deff
>rearrange piece into ad hoc junkyard station

Deff only deserves death.

I was gonna do a bit but you killed me.

I'm a premeditator.
I've spent more time theorycrafting than I have playing the game. I have figured out literally everything there is about my job and memorized it all like an autistic flowchart that I follow like a robot. I have even premeditated how I will deal with any distractions or antagonists trying to fuck up my job, this is what one would normally call powergaming, but to me this is the only way I can cope with anything out of my routine that I have autistically memorized.

being unable to adapt and react is a sign of autism
This is the perfect game for you.

There need to be more xenos at start, 15 vs 100 on the ground isnt that balanced. The starting 15 also have to wait a long ass time to evolve or age so they can be useful. The xeno force relies on the few starting players to stay alive when they make a real push 1 hour later with fresh hatched recruits.

This because pre-ancient the baldie's bad aim and cowardice has been the only thing stoppnig curb stomp games

The bridge should be a final stand indeed.

Attached: Supply Installation Rho 2018-03-20 000049.png (480x480, 178K)

It's gettin better and better my dude

>should be a final stand
but you're lying down in that pic