Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

Hope she was worth itEdition

New Players :
>Welcome to Heroes of the Storm!
us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE

News :
>Fenix, Steward of the Templar confirmed!
>Now on PTR
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/fenix/
youtu.be/YiLiBMcXxj0

>Upcoming Hero Announcements
>(Next hero) Week of Apr 2nd (TBA) @ PAX East

>Sonya and Medivh Reworked
>Now LIVE!
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21508381/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21594628/

E-Sports :
>HGC: Heroes Global Championship 2018
esports.heroesofthestorm.com/en/
>Heroes of the Dorm 2018
heroesofthedorm.com
>Where can I watch?
Blizzheroes @ Twitch

Resources :
pastebin.com/aj8KNSYS
heroespatchnotes.com/

Community :
>Blizzard Social Tab
>NA - blizzard.com/invite/paGDfZaX
>EU - blizzard.com/invite/K0YLXSnvk
>In-game - Type "/join Veeky Forums" in the chat

Previous :

Attached: infested_tychus_by_itzaspace-d8e4wsa.jpg (1100x683, 609K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SVYmPIJt2BI
youtube.com/watch?v=5fZiMNo5-uo
heroeshearth.com/hero/fenix/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

where the FUCK is Mei

Attached: Mei.jpg (774x1032, 123K)

I want to IMPREGNATE Mei

avdentor

Attached: 1311412461.png (736x978, 1.34M)

Cute pet support when ???

Attached: Poloma.png (879x832, 1.34M)

>promoting/shilling the game without addressing core issues
Here we go again...

Attached: 1519756106677.jpg (1200x599, 297K)

To be honest, the first overwatch event got me into hots. I don't even play overwatch anymore, just hots

Welcome brother

To be honest, the first overwatch event put me off hots. I don't even play hots anymore, just shitpost

Goodbye brother

>core problems
Remove QM and fix reconnect and this game becomes easy 9.5/10 over night

>league gets 9.3 out of 10
>over half it's roster is unplayable
>hots gets 8.0 out of 10
>more and easy free stuff, all players names revealed during draft reflecting what a pro game would be like, get to play your favorite characters from other games, actual consistent lore, sexy skins aren't censored

>No Varian parying animation spray.
At least good for him, he bringed a lot of attention to the game with his animations.

OW has given thin slices of content that isn't even good so they lost a good amount of their hype. Doesn't help they are shilling their shitty esports despite ignoring balance issues.

I really lost interest when they started changing other modes to satisfy whining ranked players.Changing hero limit on QM was the beginning of the end for me

Attached: 1520548255027.png (786x1920, 576K)

>erho the cuck gets btfo

Attached: 1512163246790.png (600x792, 425K)

They have a game mode for it if you really loved it. Winston was a shitty hero in general but nobody realized this when there wasn't bunch of them hitting at the same time.

DAILY REMINDER THAT 27.07.2017 WILL BE FOREVER REMEMBERED AS A DARK DAY IN ORCISH HISTORY.

youtube.com/watch?v=SVYmPIJt2BI [Open]

Blizzard really fucked up with Garrosh's representation in Heroes of the Storm. His abilities and role do not fit his character fantasy in any way. His kit should have been for another character. Yes, he is fun to play. But he should have been a bruiser, like Artanis, but with burst and less focus on defense and with an ability to force 1v1.

>what Blizzard devs did
Hey guys we plan to release Garrosh somewhere in summer 2017
Fast forward summer 2017
Alright guys just attach some existing kit to Garrosh and release him.
And dont forget to make a legendary skin + bike with a bunch of tints

Attached: 283px_Garrosh - art3.jpg (283x419, 28K)

>DO NOT PASS GO
>PAY $1500

Attached: 1517939682066.png (212x274, 85K)

All the arcade stuff has really high queue times

I love Lunara!

Attached: lunara sfm 3.webm (604x1080, 538K)

Because its a shitty mode to play.

Attached: Top4.png (816x329, 412K)

uh no

>*blocks own path*

Attached: 1521480857800.png (222x239, 10K)

>Poke line referencing horrendous pathing

It wouldn't have a high que time if it wasn't.

>chrome

Attached: 1219877108002.jpg (1100x729, 42K)

>*kills u*

Attached: out fucking skilled.webm (1280x720, 2.72M)

Johanna loli is cute and fun and she tries her best to tank for you!

Attached: johannaloli.png (1000x1414, 873K)

protip: If you don't know what you should be doing then go lane or better yet get a camp. Stop fucking walking back and forth in the middle of the map.

Attached: Police.png (1280x720, 1.03M)

GM level protip: you don't need to win your lane, only soak xp and deny tower damage

Attached: LoL420.jpg (1106x723, 123K)

can you post all the talents?

Fenix is on PTR right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=5fZiMNo5-uo
Take a fucking look at this and be glad that you won't be a part of it. Imagine somebody at riot actually approving this garbage.

Attached: DKBGOPLVoAALnHT.jpg (689x600, 79K)

>Yasuo's windwall nearly negates every ability in the game
>this is good design
>lets stick this on Irelia too
this is why I started playing hots
I don't regret it
imagine a game that actually has voice chat and tries to make games even by making afkers turn into elite AI

Attached: tumblr_oi6j6fYJrE1qiwdwoo1_500.jpg (500x670, 99K)

>league is threatened by hots
>They start adding heroes faster
>The first three heroes they blatantly rip off are Tracer, Li Ming, and now Genji
How long do they have bros
Six months? A year?

got no PTR. it would take too much time for me to download yes 3rd worlder here and I don't shit up your games btw

It may be the ex dotard in me, but everything about League is so repulsive.

>Greg left Blizzard for that

Attached: ghostcrawler.jpg (358x326, 32K)

Found this on a quick search hope it helps
heroeshearth.com/hero/fenix/

Attached: 1521489434832.gif (500x381, 34K)

>Tanks
>Bruisers : Sonya Thrall Rag Butcher Leoric Chen Artanis Malthael Rexxar D.va Murky ...
>Marksmans: Valla Hanzo Raynor Tychus Falstad Zul'jin Fenix Hammer Lunara Greymane Illidan Junkrat Cassia...
>Mages : Kael KT Chromie Jaina Li-ming Azmodan Probius Nazeebo Gul'dan Alarak...
>Ambusher : Samuro Nova Genji Valeera Tracer Zeratul Maiev Kerrigan...
>Heals
>Off-support : Tassadar Tyrande Medivh Zarya Abathur
can't decide for shits like Gazlowe

>Irelia
>New

>remade the entire character besides the name
>not new

>delete Irelia
>make new champ
>call it Irelia
Yep.

>Hotsbab can't handle mobility creep

She looks fun af. I'd play her but I am a support cuck. You must've been shitting bricks when they released Zoe. I like how they're bringing in op champions, then toning them down. Better than bringing in underpowered ones, and buffing them nonstop until they break the game.

Because HotS has original designed heroes too amirite. Yasuo isn't even played top lane a lot, unless it gets memed on in pro play. Which happened earlier this split, so many feeding Yasuos.

Nu league reworks are just new champions with an old name.

>The first three heroes they blatantly rip off are Tracer, Li Ming, and now Genji
Can you explain further?

Also, lets not forget them stealing hots 2.0 progression and then making it worse.
League has been on the decline for a while, and sadly it looks like it's going to die a slow death, but the company has no plans for a second game or anything like that... and games tend to at most when extremely well supported have a lifespan of about 12 years, maybe occasionally pushing to 15. The only real exceptions are the "too big to fail" games like WoW, and even then it's been on the decline for sometime but expansions occasionally freshen things up.

neat thanks

Everyone I know that plays LoL is always complaining about how it keeps getting worse and worse. But I don't think it'll ever die because of how much of its community has sunk cost fallacy at this point

I don't get the appeal from a spectator standpoint either. People always rave about LCS but its some of the most passive and boring play I've ever seen of any competitive event. I'd rather watch a game of soccer that ends 0-0 than that shit. I watched competitive hots for the first time with eastern clash and other than the draft/pool being complete trash, its genuinely fun to watch.

They really can't get away from everything revolving around flash.

Rework =/= New

Same.
In fact I had never played a game where you had to click to move but now it feels so natural

new

Attached: evolution of swain.jpg (2380x1420, 677K)

It's too late.

You can fuck right off.

Attached: 1499455602519.jpg (600x926, 54K)

Get fucked Swainfags

>gets worse and edgier over time
Still convinced league would be better if they just deleted all male characters and stopped pretending they exist for anything other than appeasing to children and waifufag

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

I an appreciate both of his incarnations.

>new passive
>new W
>new E
>new R
>new model
>new animations
>Q is still a resetting dash
This isn't a Nazeebo or Morales tier mini-rework, see.

Attached: 1483037237917.jpg (1280x720, 320K)

I got into watching dota and lol esports like 5 years ago, but they were generally boring asf, but I enjoyed the team fights. Hots you get a clash of teams damn near constantly. It's pretty easy to understand whats going on and it's intense.

Wrong. Look at what they did with urgot, or basically any other fucking rework.

good ol' shotgun knees

Calm before the Panda HOTStorm

Attached: Emoji_Brightwing_Pack_1_Brightwing_HappyS.png (256x256, 2K)

Mobility creep has been a topic of discussion since Season 2 back in 2012, and in releasing this rework it's clear that Riot just doesn't give a fuck about people's concerns. Man if you're playing HotS you still know that Tracer and Genji are the two most hated heroes in this game by far. Sure it might look fun, but think of it from a perspective of how fun it'll be to play against (it won't be in the fucking slightest). I bet that Riven was having the time of her life as she got dashed through a million times without being to land anything. Garbage like this ruins games.

>new hots thread
>more posts about league of trash than hots
come on lads, here is a Jaina to get us back on track

Attached: 1520804221319.png (850x1100, 1.44M)

jaina is a filthy whore

Attached: DGELwHmUAAA8bl0.jpg (800x600, 66K)

Riding momentum from last thread and also /v/ apparently

I want to marry and impregnate Jaina

This game would keep more players if they actually fixed their shitty engine and removed QM all together. They fucked up hard on the 2.0 release.

braided jaina skin when?

>the reconnect system
>the replay system
>no in-game spectating system
>took years to implement VOIP
>somehow no all chat on pubs/mm

At least you can chat while loading and reconnecting, but ya they need to fix a bunch of shit still. Priority should be on the abuse of the reporting system.

Babysteps user
No all chat though, worthless bants doesn't add anything but salt in an already salty genre. I prefer sportsmanship over sassy angry virgins typing angrily at each other in from of 8 strangers.

Maybe a summoner/pusher category since zagara doesn't fit anything either. With multiclass being more common since these classes aren't mutually exclusive, like azmodan being both a mage and a summoner.

Fake retard KYS

>No all chat.
All chat would make this game a hundred times more enjoyable. I like being able to tell people they did a good job, or laughing at a really close call, regardless of the team they're on.

You make for good eat

Attached: 1521481195244.png (256x256, 22K)

>I need to talk to the enemy team like a fucking retard
yeah, nobody wants to talk to you

I would be happy if they let you have full control of the AI or just give an option to remake a game if a player leaves at start then punishing the people who stuck around. That doesn't mean we should add a surrender option though.

>30 posters

Attached: 1512458492548.jpg (358x448, 57K)

Fuck off we all know the only reason all chat gets used is for shit like "lol report this guy" or "end mid I afk" and bullshit. If you are typing eve for one second on this game you are actively throwing or already dead or both.

Literally no reason to talk to the enemy besides bitching about your team and giving away your location. Of course the guy talking to the enemy will be praised by the enemy because they want them to throw.

I was trying to find robot crabs talents online cause for a moment i forgot this probius tier abomination that blizz have shit out is actually fenik himself..........

>lorelet

Attached: 1521481016187.png (222x239, 9K)

>play kel thuzad
>cast my point and click ult on ANYBODY
>PROTECTED
>STASIS
>UNSTOPPABLE

I don't know about Dota but in League all chat 95% of the time isn't used for anything even remotely positive.

>gg better jungler wins
>gg better bot wins
>gg X fed Y
>pls report Z because fed/toxic/afk/bad
>generic cringe passive-aggressive bm

The rare bit of sportsmanship is often misinterpreted as condescension or sarcasm which only makes things worse.

Attached: 14038533108.jpg (1200x849, 226K)

But what if people liked how he was? Or was he so bad that making him again was the only way to save him?

>try to whisper a guy after a game, the enemy, who did good
>this guy is not accepting whispers
feels bad man

sore losers (ie. dota and hots boys) just cannot stop talking about league. it's sad but it's a testament to how big league is. I don't even follow the game anymore (pirate man was just reworked) but apparently some people here still have league news in their feeds.

>take the bad ult
>doesn't use it right

Lol kill yourself retarded blizz fanboy. Only reason ppl wanted fenix is for badass last stand fight to the end and death mechanic. blzz at the time even said they wont release him cause of leoric. so. every1 waited for fenix with rebirth mechanic. why he doesnt have it its even in his fucking name? stuid shit. and his description and voice lines all mentioning how he reborn so wht??? hes just a retard robot crab, but fags like u like eat blizz mmm very tasty shit thx blizz more nice skin thx u for lootbox

Attached: dogriotdogfanboy.jpg (397x353, 67K)

I can't decide whether to buy Cassia or Zeratul

Zeratul seems like he would be fun to learn and worth struggling with for that one game I finally outplay someone and begin down the path of becoming korean. Also I really enjoy stealth assassins already and I would love to at Zeratul to my collection.

As for Cassia I didn't even like her that much until I got her a couple times in this week's brawl and we just clicked (something that didn't happen the various free weeks I tried her). That active talent at level 1 that makes her attacks splash to heroes and the blind for auto-attack dependent teams are really cool and I think with practice I could really come to enjoy her.

Please give me some advice friends, I am having trouble deciding and I only have 13k gold right now.

Not subtle enough garroshfag

>badass last stand fight
Didn't he die like a bitch both times?

They have it turned off because 99% percent of the time nobody really wants to praise, but instead insult you only to ignore you right after.

Fenix is known for DYING in SC so he could later become a dragoon, a big dick deal for heroes of the Protoss.

His one mission as a zealot didn't mean shit when the next 15 missions were him as a fucking dragoon you faggot.