/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
Deviljho, weapon balance, and more coming March 22nd.
monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/update/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Lavasioth - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous

Attached: 67689985_p0.jpg (1000x750, 739K)

first for sns bros

Show those monsters who's boss, /mhg/!

Attached: Hanako 55.png (597x686, 367K)

What is the most aesthetic Lance?

kirin

Rathian huntresses!

Attached: __felyne_and_rathian_monster_hunter_and_monster_hunter_world_drawn_by_tunapon01__c21aacec9fe47f64745 (1505x2125, 2.11M)

>they'll never know

Attached: MonsterHunterWorld-9.jpg (1280x720, 996K)

Posting even though no one gives a shit
Xbone /mhg/ squad is open and recruiting! After all th Xbone asking about sessions and squads last night I made one. Will post this twice a thread! Session ID: 4RhbyBK7zGN
Join for tempered hunts, the /mhg/ squad, arena quests, arm wrestling and more!!
>inb4 "lol no one joins"
Probably right. Only brits play this game on Xbone and their timezone is fucked. Only time people ask for it is at like 5 AM.

The starter Iron Lance.
Not the transformation it suffers in its final upgrade, literally the first one you can get.

Is there a way to move while doing rapid fire shots with LBG?

Attached: pretty boy eve.webm (614x344, 2.85M)

Exactly. If you find the basic gameplay fun then it won't feel like a grind. There doesn't need to be an endgoal beyond what you set for yourself.

Attached: 1343004116322.jpg (1300x1000, 266K)

This would be pretty cute if it was unrealistic like the Wiggler face, this thing is just fucking creepy.

>tfw hr 200 and still not enough augments for my HBGs
>can't use the ones i have anyway in case jho weapons are good
>can't augment any gs until rocket gs comes out

Attached: 0atJnyV.png (633x758, 440K)

Switch Axe

Attached: 809.png (250x180, 36K)

What if we got rid of Slot Augment and replaced it with a Shaprness Augment?

>Doing a Investigation with one attempt left
>"Oh wait, I wanted to use a ticket"
>Cancel and bring the list back up
>It's gone
Oh come on with this. Really? I didn't even move an inch

yeah, not him but atm i got pretty much all the good deco that i want. so next thing on the list is building different shit and try them out because smashing monster is just so fun

god i wish we get g rank now with more shit to kill though

It is used up the moment you post it.
Sorry m8

After the game saves they're used up no matter what you do. If you post an Investigation and cancel it right after the game consumes a use.

the weekly quests are so stupid

hunt a bird wyvern 5 times

yeah fucking great, I enjoy hunting shit monsters that dont drop any good gems

Definitely Kirin. Nothing compares.

Vaal

there is an event quest that on right now perfect for that
you pop in your hr gear, you killed them both in 3-4 mins, you clear the whole 5 kills in 3 runs with 15 mins top

Still no rooms other than the full 16 man one?

Shit takes like 10 minutes if you do the Tzi-tzi/Kula Ya Ku event quest.

How likely are we to get a G rank that is as hard as the previous games?
I mean, Capcom got their money from the casual market already, right? Surely they can give us a better challenge now? Even casuals might be able to improve between now and the time G rank is released.

I guess I'll restart then

Wish it had a move for going up mushroom walls

Attached: mh zinorge female set.jpg (700x992, 269K)

oh they are birds as well lmao

Is there a girl-only squad here that regularly uses chat? I'm interested in joining and yes I can provide proof to whomever is in charge.

Attached: 1521548949067.jpg (500x499, 37K)

>How likely are we to get a G rank that is as hard as the previous games?
0%
difficulty just cant exist the way the game is currently set up

We're all girls here user.

it literally takes me 3 minutes with my heavy nerg shot gun build, it would probably take less than a minute with a cluster bomb, sticky, sleep buld

stop playing shit weapons and switch to hbg

>going up mushroom walls

Attached: confused palico.jpg (250x201, 25K)

Explain. They could always add monsters with more health and CC resistance. It wouldn't be hard.

>Actually having faith in Capcom
I remember that feeling, I'm so sorry

>difficulty just cant exist the way the game is currently set up

Why not?
Just give the monsters more health, have them do more damage and move faster, that's it.
I know people will want to see even bigger numbers with their G rank weapons but if the monsters get a significant buff in terms of health and damage then that should be enough.

Pretend "girls" with dicks don't count, silly virgins.

Don't all weapons have one?

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180311220005.webm (960x540, 1.94M)

Unlikely. I don't see them ditching the way it is being played right now which is all quest scaled to 1 player, only scale up with multi while the old games g rank is multiplayer scaled only.
Our best bet is them giving us some special event quest that actually hard. Speaking about I really hate how quests and shit are being rotated around instead of being added on with existing ones like old games

>g-rank monsters can no longer be flashed or trapped
>starting area is always random
>fast travel disabled
>1 faint per person allowed, caps at 3 for 3/4 people

Well?

Not that guy but I think it has something to do with the environmental element in world making it easy to take huge chunks of hp off a monster very easily, and also being able to restock anytime you want etc

fuck you

>can no longer be flashed

That's pretty stupid. It would give a huge advantage to ranged when it comes to flying monsters. The rest is fine

When unsheathed, not all weapons have the move

>or trapped
That's pretty stupid

>fucking 2 handicraft jewel 3's
what do i do with these

Attached: 1521212337381.png (640x480, 717K)

I don't even mind environmental traps or being able to restock, I just want endgame hunts to take more than 2 minutes.
Playing with people who know what they are doing feels ironically unsatisfying as fuck this time around, shit dies too fast.

Maybe have it work only when monsters are flying with the exception of Kushala, he has to be poisoned to be flashable. I just see to many randoms resort to chain flashing when they get destroyed, and it usually works.

Trappable only when unenraged

Not being allowed to capture monsters is retarded, also Kushala without flash is a horrible fight so no

>>g-rank monsters can no longer be flashed or trapped
this is just bad idea. add flash resistance like trap sure but cmon

>>starting area is always random + fast travel disabled
one problem i can see with this is monster fucking run around in a 15 mins hunt

faint per person allowed, caps at 3 for 3/4 people
this sound good as first for hardcore but overall it is a bad game design since you legit prevent people from playing. so if you cart the hunt is over for you and harder for the guys left? not very fair

>starting area is always random
why? and do you mean "random" like how there are specific locations where you sometimes get dropped off at?

they are useless considering that handicraft 3 talisman and protective polish deco is the most efficient combination for white sharpness

>playing with randumbs
>sleep monster
>monster clearly goes to sleep
>there's a pause where no one attacks and the monster is actually sleeping
>some nigger gl faggot pokes him awake

I think there's gonna be plenty of difficult content, but mostly because there's gonna be a lot of content, not because the game is going to be difficult.

I don't really mind. The fact that World has been such a runaway success has it's good and bad points, but one of the good points is that it's probably going to be actively supported and developed for a long time.

Melding fodder. Any build that tries to get handicraft doesn't do it with decorations.

>add flash resistance like trap
You mean this isn't a thing in Worlds? When it has been up until then?

Sorry trannies don't count as girls sweetie

Where are the rooms

Attached: 1520166293450.jpg (918x597, 216K)

It's kinda in world in that the monster's will be flashed for less time each flash but they'll never be immune to i

Can someone explain how Poogie works? How do I unlock new clothes for it? And is that all you can do with it?

Attached: 22ac02a37d34138b653f032a3b4d29fc.jpg (707x1000, 465K)

Some good skills for Nerg Dbs?

So far I'm rocking
AB 7
WE 3/3
CB 3/3
Dragon attack 2
With health augment

Other thank pretty much going full cookie cutter and trying to fit some Critical eye in there this is the best I can get with this weapon for now correct?

Attached: (2).gif (607x426, 32K)

I think there is still flash resistance but it isn't as noticeable like trap. The duration of the first trap vs let say the 5th one is huge, the monster is probably stay in the trap for like a second. With flash you don't really notice the big difference

Hi sister I run the MHGals squad and we still have around 12 slots open. Post your PSN and we'll get in touch with you to join up.

Attached: 1506840321618.jpg (466x601, 48K)

Only way I can see them make G-Rank more challenging is by adding ridiculous new moves to each monster and shaving off a few frames from current moves to make them all faster.

Though cheesing will always reign supreme if someone really just wants to beat the mission. Having 13+ flashpods are too fucking strong, especially when each monster has a 2-3 second window of literally doing nothing after being flashed for some reason.

In the previous thread.

I miss when combining could fail and you needed books, made you think more about what slots to use

Attached: april.jpg (1280x1068, 446K)

Attack or Health Regen augment for Love's Sorrow?
The thing clashes horribly with anything that is not the Vaal Hazak set anyway so Health Regen would probably be useful.

Attached: Cat very confused.jpg (3000x3000, 1.16M)

>inb4 everyone in that squad is a voice changer with a dick

Item slots to fill* wish I could edit this shit

Flash is so fucking good man. A lot of new hunter only think of them as counter to azurelos and kush, but a good timing can fuck up a lot of dangerous move from monsters and save a hunt
I use it to stop vaal from doing his dumb shit moves so many time in multi hunts to save random ass

They've been vetted for proof to the contrary before being allowed entry.

7 attack vs ability to heal and stay in fights more effectively?

Healing easy unless you are doing TAs with perfect never get hit runs

Attached: monster_hunter_world_spring_blossom_fest_teaser01.jpg (1920x1080, 1.1M)

>They've been vetted for proof
YOU'RE

>5 attack decos
>no mushroomancer
>no marathon runner

Why are these so rare what the fuck

Tilt the left thumbstick?

the thread about the one room that's always full and there's no rooms?

>Worlds

is this a good set for heavy bow gun? Any tips?

Attached: Screenshot_175.jpg (1667x865, 398K)

How to git gud?

About to face Teostra with ice dual blades. How fucked am I?

Why stamina surge?

>always focus on being the DPS
>responsible for the fast kill and thus fast drops
>end game screen rather show the fuckard who used a mantle for 6 minutes straight and the retard who shot the monster 4 times with slingshot rocks

We really need a proper scoreboard.

Attached: 1501874585790.jpg (492x475, 68K)

Attached: 1520058403210.png (112x112, 20K)

Stamina recovery speed +10/20/30%

not really

Attack boost is useless when over 4.

Put those slots to good use instead.

You're using a bowgun. Why would you need stamina. You're better off with max might.

eeBMEvpi8MQ
7nWtjhe8D8bJ

Attached: 1500275741228.jpg (676x380, 25K)

pretty sure attack is in a lower tier than those. Makes sense since both those skills (esp marathon) are more game changing than attack boost.

Drop the nerg stuff and go for stuff like maximum might. Since you don't use stamina, it's like a free 30% affinity (bringing you up to 80%)

Why are you using Artillery? It only affects Sticky shots.

>Drop the nerg stuff and go for stuff like maximum might
But maximum might is nerg stuff.

pls respond

Attached: bf68969a059d4b7cef001ae29132077a.jpg (2480x3507, 391K)

Why do I have to carry insect glaive users every fucking time? They are the fucking worst

I'm not that guy, im just explaining the skill man

Post tits or GTFO.

For me it's lady kicks

They would be a weapon only equip able by female hunters and would attack with swift kicks.
The first form would be blades that came out of the heel to deal quick slashes to the enemy.

Lady kicks can also transform into it's second form by inflating the huntresses toes into massive clubs to smash and grind enemies.
As the huntress flicks her huge inflated toes a buff meter called "sweat" builds up eventually letting out a thick sweet smell buff for the party members around the huntress.

Attached: Lady kicks.jpg (800x1066, 222K)