/vtg/ - Vermintide General

screamsuffersurfacedweller edition

>Patch Notes
steamcommunity.com/games/552500/announcements/detail/1656635407222041992

> Enemy HP spreadsheet that looks mostly correct and valid until the devs shit on it and don't contribute anything
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PiWoQOH9LeZVlbHv5GvTaToet5wKW6AdpKDf35StcBI/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

>Information about chests and when to open them
pastebin.com/4tpB97Kb

>Book locations for dumb people.
pastebin.com/mKeD7t6T

>Performance guide
pastebin.com/BKH7pNMy

>Mega of cool shit:
mega.nz/#F!dIt3HSJR!EjAlmKkPW1VwMqacbWzM5w

>Vermintide lore
dropbox.com/s/spag8tl6d6zewjg/lore.txt?dl=0

previous thread:

Attached: 1521469206006.png (600x897, 973K)

Attached: hehfrisky.webm (800x442, 1.97M)

>in game with elf
>horde audio cue
>says line "I'm waiting for you."
I hate elves and this elf in particular, but that line gets me hard.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 5235234.jpg (764x905, 87K)

Are you sleepy? Now?

Remind to drakefire pistol dwarves to fucking slit their wrists.

>Jumps about and climbs over everything

So which class to play as Kruber and why?

Why are people suggesting the second class?

I hate that having Kerillian in your game is essentially worse than a Nurgle's Rot deed.

>Good day to ya. Business as usual.

*ignores you*

Attached: 1503992487312.jpg (180x200, 19K)

is beam staff really that good compared to bolt staff for, say, boss slaying
its dps seems to be far, far higher on the dummy

The First class is sort of an all-rounder that helps bolster a team. 125hp and a CC shout that gives temp HP which can help in a pinch.

Second class is basically a slower Waywatcher but has a bow that might as well be a gun with how hard it hits, and if you get headshots you can generate arrows easy, he also does some heavy boss damage too.

Third class is basically a sidegrade to Ironbreaker. Not as tanky but can CC bosses way better and gives everyone a defense aura that is pretty noticeable (20% when talent is taken).

>It's another Elf/Sienna doesn't know a single book location but runs 10 miles ahead to farm kills episode

Attached: 7107298ebe0a9c0d88e8d3fc227fbc930c6d12981cfeefb6462dc1a7e491649e_1.jpg (620x800, 38K)

They're all pretty good. Footsoldier is a great tank, aura is amazing. Huntsman is like waystalker but better. Mercenary is a decent bruiser and his career power helps out a lot, especially if you use the talent that makes it revive allies. Just depends on what you like and what your team needs. I'm personally having fun just doing Footsoldier and perma-stunning bosses with a charge build.

Oh I forgot to mention, second class has 100hp, third has 150.

>grudgeraker with +5% crit chance and ammo on crit property.

Que up the theme for doom because it is time to rip and tear.

even with 5% crit on all applicable equipment, it doesn't proc often at all

>It even gives ammo back on crit shoves

It's kind of clunky but you literally can use it for the entire level

>Mercenary
Buff/support. Talents will allow for your passive attack speed buff to be shared and your ult to get downed party members up.

>Huntsman
Medium to long range elite/special killer, can consistently kill or stagger anything short of a boss or Chaos Warrior at distance. A good Hunstman will also have unlimited ammo, has high damage.

>Foot Knight
The backup tank, gives defensive buff to everyone and can bully anyone but Halescourge with his charge. Confirmed Bro status for the manly charge to rescue downed team maters (just make sure you can get back out)

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The bash attack procs it.

>Unchained Sienna grabs the grim

Attached: 4am.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

I take it all back. I love this weapon. 1 shotting chaos warriors has never been so fun.
>Charge attack into leap
>crit headshot on chaos warrior
>out kurber starts freaking out and dies typing
>"DORF DID YOU KILL IT WITH YOUR DICK?!"
>Team dies to horde trying to save him
>Kruber yells worth it in mic before disconnecting

Attached: 20180319213221_1.jpg (1920x1080, 418K)

You get the ammo on crit for shotguns because you can replenish ammo with crit buttbashes.

yeah, nowhere near often enough. you'll be stuck meleeing hordes the entire time and sometimes you still won't get a crit

It doesn't happen often but it's fucking amazing when you don't have much ammo left and you get a crit that gibs half of a horde.

I love it

It is fun to mess around with on veteran.

DOES EVERY ELF PLAYER NEED TO BE SO FUCKING BAD AT THIS GAME
LIKE EVERY ONE

>elf shitter A won't stop spamming arrows, causing a shit ton of FF and often ults through the party
>elf shitter B seems to avoid using their ranged weapon entirely, if they spot a warpfire rat behind a horde they'll just stare at it or run
Why

Wish they'd let us pass tomes so I could herd my bots better.
Grims can stay the way they are.

Attached: 1328910470352.jpg (396x396, 27K)

reminder that literally every person in this thread shitting on dorfs is a dirty fucking elgi

fair enough

Reminder to sexualize albinos and gutter runners

>Play FK with 2h Hammer
>Join lobby with IB wielding the same or 1h hammer
Hammerbros for life

Attached: good job.png (129x173, 16K)

Wait

Should I be saving commendation chests?

Attached: 1521576225297.jpg (471x400, 119K)

I honestly would say that Huntsman Kruber isn't as focused in ranged as other ranged specializations. While the ammo on headshot is important to keep his performance going, most of the damage-improving traits, talents and active ability he gets work just as well for melee.

>elf ults into your back to kill trash
Fly true

They really need to increase the base crit chance or let gear give up to +10% crit again. Even the high crit classes can barely make good use of on crit effects outside of bounty hunter with the guaranteed crits.

Is merc the worst choice of the three for champ+? I'm probably just being shit but i seem to take a fair amount of damage, i love the halberd but it still doesn't seem to clip every enemy it should and i end up taking hits. Doesn't seem like i bring much to the table.

you are block canceling to get the first light attack pattern every time, right?

Attached: 246E2420-D2AF-4803-8574-11DDC6188EFD.jpg (1939x1149, 199K)

If you want

Downside to saving boxes: Takes you longer to reach 200 power

Upside: Can boost straight from 200 power to 300 without even doing any champ runs. Might give higher chance at getting a red or two if you open them past level 25?

*deals with a horde, 2 stranglers and a brapmancer while paying you only a minimal amount of attention because you're slow as shit and do no damage*
pssh, too easy

How do I host and also quick play? I know there's a way and I'm tired of these shoddy hosts and having to restart missions

You can host a regular map, wait for someone to join, then cancel it and then start quickplay.

Choose any map when you start hosting, when someone joins your lobby hit F10 to cancel and then open the menu again and choose quickplay. I don't know why we can't just host quickplay lobbies without having to go through that crap.

>get new orange axe illusion
>lookssick.jpg
>swap out rapier for axe and test it out
>it's fucking worthless

Attached: disap.gif (480x270, 142K)

s-stop posting this until you get the sauce :(

flail zealot nods at you from over here

Attached: 1438591404446.gif (235x240, 1.89M)

That's probably the issue. Is there some trick I'm missing about block cancelling? I block as soon as possible but it still seems slow as dicks.

Who's a better jack of all trades, Witch Hunter or Mercenary?

gutter runner moving at incredibly hihg speed

Attached: sneaky stabby.webm (784x480, 2.07M)

>A good Hunstman will also have unlimited ammo
stop repeating this lie. if you have the level 15 talent and a weapon with ammo on headshot you get 2 ammo back for every headshot. that means you need a 33% headshot rate to have unlimited ammo. if you take ammo pickups into consideration you can probably get by with 20-25% headshot rate. even that is difficult considering that none of kruber's weapons are particularly accurate, and that situations like trying to hit multiple enemies in a horde or snap shotting a gutter runner flying through the air encourage body shots instead. huntsman is by far the hardest ranged class to keep going without running out of ammo.

So I played Legend pubs for the first time tonight. We wiped a lot, is this normal? I was Bounty Hunter but the armored groups could fuck us all up in literally 3 seconds if we made a mistake

Unchained Sienna is one of the tankiest characters in the game.Here let me give you a list of characters that are appropriate for grim carry.
>Mercenary(not recommended)
>Foot Knight
>Ironbreaker
>Waystalker(not recommended)
>Handmaiden(not recommended)
>Witch Hunter Captain(not recommended)
> Unchained

Attached: an old ranger trick.gif (367x201, 1.66M)

>Looking around for gutter runner
>see him jump off ledge above me
>momentarily confused by the slowest fall ever
>lands on my face and starts stabbing me
I like this new feature.

Fine, a great huntsman will have unlimited ammo. Happy now?

>end of champ run with full tomes and grims
>pyro and waystalker run ahead for some reason
>waystalker dies
>try to rush up ahead to save them
>bounty hunter behind me tries to crossbow a slave rat thats attacking him and misses thrice, takes 25% of his hp from the 1 slave rat and dies
>asks "why didnt u help me"
>lose 2 tomes and 1 grim in an instant

nani

Am I retarded for speccing Pyro for faster dissipation while carrying a grim? I only play Veteran on her so far so I think I can get away with it. Gonna get rid of it when I hit 25.

My experience with unchained players is watching them explode and die the second a plague monk/berserker gets within 30 feet of them.

You're pushing when necessary, too, right?

Yep. I probably just need to spam the first slash more.

I thought that this worked while you have a grim in the party.No need for you to be the one to carry it.
>Increases overcharge decay speed when affected by a Grimoire by 100%.
As long as there is a grim in your party the skill should be working.

What are some new orange item properties that you would like to see?

Personally I would love one that slows the temp HP decay speed.

I want one that makes you not a chump.

What level are the people you are playing with?

Dunno what to tell you then.
Attacks don't get a lot faster than a block canceled halberd unless it's a rapier, a mace or something naturally fast.
And those are way less cleavy.

It's one of her best talents.

Drake pistols or flamethrower for Ironbreaker?

Oh fug, I guess I'm retarded either way. Thanks user.

Depends, youll run into good players and just breeze through legend. Lots of championshitters on it tho rn

Landing consecutive charged attacks increases charged attack damage by X%, stacks up to Y times. Stacks last for Z seconds or until missing a charged attack, whichever is first.

grudgeraker

> Should I be a green circle chasing shitter or a bro
Ftfy

If I am getting green circles isn't that me being a positive contribution?
I prefer the CC of the fire weapons

Flammendorfer.

Always grudge-raker for maximum shield vermin bully.

>If I am getting green circles isn't that me being a positive contribution?
Depends on the circles and on the way you got them.

> wow look all these dead slaverats that came at me in a line I'm helping
Fuck off shitter.

Rapier pistol is fun to use for flavor but the range nerf makes it pretty much pointless imo, you're better off stabbing than shooting

>champion is a joke mode for fisher price babbies
>legend is just seeing if the game wants to fuck you with a horde, a boss, 3 disablers, a tornado, and 8 chaos warriors all at the same time at any point in the map

Attached: 1401582379857.jpg (384x313, 83K)

VT1 had the same problem where Nightmare became tedious and easy but Cataclysm was ball-bustingly hard.

Though I do think VT2 does things better. Champion is harder than VT1 Nightmare and you die quick if you fuck up, but it's not "15 disablers in the middle of an endless boss horde" hard like Legend is, and I hear Legend crates don't even have high goodloot chances.

After killing X amount of specialst/elites, small portion of temp health is converted to regular health. As powerful as the 25% chance to not consume is I really hate inconsistency.

Boss maps should give either more chests or easier time to get an emperor's chest.

You should be able to break rarer mats into lower ones, such as the weapon mat into scrap.

Merc should have had the charge and fk the shout. It makes more sense that way.

>Boss maps should give either more chests or easier time to get an emperor's chest.
yes
>You should be able to break rarer mats into lower ones, such as the weapon mat into scrap.
no
>Merc should have had the charge and fk the shout. It makes more sense that way.
maybe

>drop from 1 way ledge
>coast was clear
>suddenly 8 chaos warriors patrol spawns in front of us in the chokepoint and cuts us off
>horde spawns
>literally unavoidable wipe

legend is fun xd

Uh Oh. It looks like Kerillian is tied up! You should probably ____ her.

Attached: Choice.png (716x776, 1.12M)

>Sigmar belt
>Karl Franz written on left shoulder
>hammer on left elbow
>twin tailed comet on left knee
I was going to post this to ask what the "E" on his belly was but looking at the image I now realize it's a belt buckle. I like the details on the outfits in this game.

Attached: 20180321000510_1.jpg (961x897, 281K)

It's even more fun when you manage to avoid chaos patrol but their stomping breaks all sounds for rest of the match. Gotta love those silent hordes and specials.

Imagine how gratifying it would be to come up here and take a fat shit

do elves even poop?

Attached: outhouse.jpg (1200x1800, 1.15M)

Purge for straying from the light of Sigmar by running away

Why isn't Kerillian's quarters under that thing?

>play legend
>hold ledge
>team runs away and I get swarmed thinking I had people helping me
>get revived
>hold front against a horde
>they let me get surrounded again
>die
>kicked
fun

how do i get on the roof of the kep

RAPE

sounds like you're the one not sticking with the team and just doing his own thing, while expecting everyone to do what you want

>he hasn't seen the light yet
start playing longbow huntsman
bounty hunter is just training mode for the real class

Attached: lkru.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

kick

What is the best gun for IB and why?
I've been using the grudgeraker to good results