RunEscape general

refunded edition
The new quest, Pieces of Hate, will likely be released two days ago

Previous thread:

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive since the First Age, what did I miss?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,24,65998748
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/pieces-of-hate--player-gallery?jptg=ia&jptv=news_list
>March's Month Ahead
services.runescape.com/m=news/month-ahead-march-18
>2018's Year Ahead Video
youtube.com/watch?v=k-tYcYJEknQ
>2018's Year Ahead Dev Q&A
youtube.com/watch?v=olccC9ACA30

Attached: TZ7IJHF.jpg (1380x768, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Repeatable_events
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Large_rune_pouch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for weekly reset
do your weeklies anons

Attached: 1494771278599.jpg (209x250, 5K)

I have t80 power armor and obliteration staff but these elitist faggots wont let me on a beastmaster raid

Attached: 1510739010465.gif (320x287, 982K)

How'd they find out in the first place? Just join a group and disable examine like every other faggot at raids does anyway

is there a better daily tracker

the one on the wiki is so awful and inflated with bullshit

F2P here, finally grinded enough to make 20 mil gp

What's my next step?

there is for d&ds
buy a bond for membertime
post stats and or gear so we can advise other purchases

I've got full rune gear with 2h

Been grinding mithril/addy bars for smithing levels, and made a nice profit on the side

Attached: Untitled.png (209x285, 39K)

Get 50rc for daily vis wax. That alone sustains MOST of the cost for bonds.

well you seem right on track so far
start working on your slayer level as thats a sure way to keep the money coming
i doubt you need to invest in mage/range equpment any time soon
level 70 gear is affordable but im not sure if you needed to actually complete lost city for dragon weapons
also getting to the protection prayers is lush so you could buy some bones and use them on the chaos altar in the wilderness to get those levels pretty quick

What does the vis wax do?

can reroll daily challenges extend/reset auras and some other junk i dont remember
worth a bunch of cash though and it only costs some runes

It can be used for quick lodestone teleports, extending or rerolling daily challenges, extending auras.
But most importantly they're 9k each. And you can make up to 100 per day with

I guess I'm just mostly worried about sustaining membership because 14 days isn't a whole lot of time.

everyday i thank jesus im not a fat pig xfatto

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Repeatable_events
theres a whole bunch of easy ways to make money
as i said slayer is a pretty good way to go after 75 gargoyles are about 500k/task
as long as you have the time and aint combat shy bonds are a sinch to sustain provided theres no massive price hike because of TH events

14 days of average vis wax is 10m. You can make another 4m in that time from just shop runs or regular monster drops pretty easy.
I mean, you can put it off if you want to. But if you're going to play anyway, it's better to play members.

'member ship?

you guys are neglecting to mention that he needs 50 runecrafting before he can start pumping out vis wax

that was the first thing he said tho
>Get 50rc for daily vis wax.

post doings?

Attached: 1470503922961.png (167x508, 7K)

help

Attached: ss (2018-03-21 at 10.13.45).jpg (500x359, 85K)

>poisoned
>vulned
not sure i can help user
you using nips?

Only on phase five
fuck dominion tower

well heck i guess maybe a sigil or charging up one of the godbooks if you can afford them

Aren't those like 2M/h or more
You're not a part of the god page lobby, are you?

>the god page lobby
the what now?

you only really need them on 3 and 5, as on 2 and 4 they will fuck your day up. you can use them on 1 but i dont really see the need.

use an elements scrim, books are for tryhards who make 100m/h.

dont forget what hes gona do next, cause if you do youre gonna end up using an ability you need and youre gonna get pretty pissed.

It's okay we did it /rsg/

Attached: ss (2018-03-21 at 10.34.16).png (476x10, 6K)

gs2u
i got a lousy 8 kbd task

>2017+1
>outer path meme
???

zrik a cute
a CUTE!
i dont keep up with grindan fc, that meme was just the least stale looking image in the folder

Attached: Screenshot (316).png (1920x1080, 1.72M)

I bet jesus is tired of your stale shitposting too
actually, he probably shut you out a long time ago, just like the rest of the people in your life

Looking through the logging in page art and i must say, most of it looks like absolute shit. The only ones i like are River of blood, Menaphos Thralls and 15th anniversary

river of blood is my personal favorite

That bitch's dialogue about being a stranger in her own home was really nice.

wow the chat policy these days is really lax
i called a pmod a cunt and all he did was say "what are you calling me a cunt for I'm not the guy that killed you" then he pointed me to the death list and showed me who to be mad at
glad to see people have thicker skins these days

t. xfatto
just stop posting you're gonna get all the grease over your keyboard you fat fucking bitch

There was a pmod at a portable today talking about how bad immigration is and how Trump needs to start deporting mexicans. I honestly think jagex doesn't give a fuck anymore. There are people with racist names, people calling people niggers in game, hardcore erping at priff. I don't think people even get banned for shit like that anymore

Attached: 21959672.png (260x410, 86K)

meanwhile people got banned for wearing white clothes at falador when people were rioting against the gay event in OSRS

Not to mention people getting perma banned for fucking with livestreamers in game

wish we could turn back time

Attached: 1518791727982.jpg (702x937, 70K)

Wasn't one one the streamers some Jmods GF and the Jmod would ban people just for annoying her when she was streaming or was that just a rumor?

That was Mod mat k. In an Emilyispro livestream during dmm, people were killing her (you know, the point of dmm.) Mat k was there manually perma banning players

I seriously think they should have gotten rid of the "try scanning on a different level" message from clues. It makes it too easy to figure out where the spot is.

scans are already cancer and you want them to be even more tedious and annoying? what's next, go back to the higher rate of sliders vs knots?

I dont personally mind scans.

The arrow thing is cancer tho

>The arrow thing is cancer tho
what? how?
I wish all elites had only compass clues

i just find it boring teleporting around looking for the right spot

did they change the one by camelot caslte?
havent seen it for a good while

you just need to do it 3 times

>varrock teleport
>points west
>yanille teleport
>points north
you already know it's near seers village

I know. But that is still boring.

>edgeville teleport
>points northeast
you already know it's in daemonheim.

but ill still check canfis just in case its slayer tower

not more boring than running around waiting until the scan gets something

>teleport to falador
>points west slightly south
you already know it's the witches house

I've never had that happen, maybe because if it aims at the slayer tower the arrow will be less pointing towards the northeast and more towards east.

>that first sip of the day

Attached: unknown-2.png (1280x960, 1.58M)

dont you mean skip?

Its kinda shame that our version of the Rune pouch degrades to dust while the OSRS version has infinite uses

easyscape

no?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Large_rune_pouch

dumbass.

Are you all prepared for the next easter event oops I meant MTX outfit promotion? (spring festival)

Attached: ss (2018-03-20 at 08.52.32).jpg (442x714, 91K)

I do not like holidays and limited time events. Treating one short span of time as something more special than the rest makes the rest less enjoyable in comparison.
Hope it's over quickly, whatever they're doing.

it's the spring fayre again, same thing as last year

Good. Repeats make it less special which is less disruptive. That's a fairly large relief.

the only difference is that this year you won't need to get tickets to be able to do the stuff, so it's gonna be more like the beach

Should I play RunEscape or RunEscape 3?

Attached: 1518190095343.jpg (500x508, 150K)

Do I grind stats for invention or priff first?

Priff in my opinion
You'll probably get many of the stats along the way anyway

priff, then you have just 5 crafting smithing and div levels to get

RunEscape 3 is RunEscape.
There are splinters and private servers that are not RunEscape but rather parodies of its past.
There's ups and downs to each of them. Even RSC.

But no answer your question, no. You probably shouldn't play any. If you're even asking such a question, you're better off letting it go, unless you're intending to use RS as a substitute for other more harmful courses of action such as substance abuse or endless hedonism.

run, escape

I would like to see this if eventually Soul armor could be t80. I think it'd be cool because it's usually, but still niche because I can already see the "tank armor =dead content" comments.

I mean Needle Strike and Unload are basically the pistol thing.

Tank armour can be useful with special effects. Achto does it well with defensive resets.
I just don't see what special effect EW armours could ever have to justify actually using em.

make you not need whatever rune they're related to
like battlestaves

Far easier to get/replace after the quest is done. Same reason some people use Blisterwood outside of Vamps.

were you here when branches of darkmeyer came out?

You mean you don't have to redo the basic steps of every single tier to make bars anymore?
Blisterwood is used because you seriously just cut and fletch from a tree right next to a teleport, while also being standard t70 weapons.
EW armours take a lot more effort than that, and are tank armour without special effects. It's not the same.

nobody was comparing the effectiveness of the current gear, we're comparing them because getting them is much easier after you've done the quest, a hypothetical fifth quest could actually have good gear with good special effects just like raids tank armour.

as it stands tank armour is only superior to power armour in a pvp situation, i.e almost non existant in this game outside of warbands, and even you're most likely to get ganked by a clan rather than a single guy unless you bring grindanfc members to use as meat shields.

>getting them is much easier after you've done the quest
That's what I'm saying is not fully true. The machines may be fixed, but you still need to go through every single tier's process sequentially to make bars. It's far more tedious and not comparable at all to blisterwood.

If Soul armor could be t80 like I suggested, would making bars not be worth having decently high tier and non-deg armor for virtually zero cost? You could make a few sets in one go and likely never have to touch it again.

only if it has an effect, that's the whole point
and since it would be augmentable, being degradable or not wouldn't matter

It would still be incredibly niche, and actually weaker than ports armour.
I just don't see any utility to justify the tedious process.

Would an OSRS player have fun playing RS3? What is there to do from low-mid levels?

>What is there to do from low-mid levels?
train to get high levels

There's a fair amount of low-mid level content, but you usually cruise through them fast enough.
The good stuff is after 80s.

For some reason I thought the grind from scratch would be fun in a foreign environment, fumbling around and discovering everything anew. Would this be the case for someone who never played after summoning came out?

Oh, if you never played since then, then yes you'll run across lots of new things. If you're really interested in doing stuff you never done before, sure.

You're really not gonna find things that much different except that you cant quest to rocket past the low levels. You cut trees, mine rocks, fish fishing spots, etc. etc.
Jagex added requirements to use certain lamps to prevent that. Yes it's dumb but this is Jagex remember?

RS3 really shines once you hit the end game though. Tons of quests, a shitload of bosses, endgame cape grinds (Comp/MQC) can be fun if you do them right, and collections logs are great for your inner completionist/autist

>it's dumb
How is it dumb to make part of your game suddenly not irrelevant anymore? Like what's the point of being able to smith bronze to train if one quest makes it so you never have to?

If anything they haven't done it enough. Waterfall Quest still has zero requirements to get 13750 xp in attack and strength which is going from level 1 to level 30 in both skills.

This Ashdale tutorial is a bit tonedeaf, I can't imagine anyone enjoying this. Oh well, at least it won't last long.

Wait so how does dying work in runescape now? I died but I don't think I lost anything. I think I just had to pay death some gold and I got everything back.
Is that how it works now? I thought I lost everything but my top three items on death.

If you feel like rolling new accounts you can retry the character creation and get tutorial island

The odd thing is Jagex claims it's had higher player retention rate than the other tutorials, but then again they've decided to put tutorial island back to see if things have changed

pretty sure you get an option to skip the tutorial if you pick "i'm experienced", I made a new account a week ago and that's what happened to me.

That's how it works now. You can still leave Death's office and run back in 2 minutes if you can't/don't want to pay, though.

Because players are going to rocket past those skills anyway.
Remember when Jagex was talking about developing Invention? They said their decision to make an "Elite Skill" was because it felt like a waste so make content for levels 1-50 that people would blast through in a few hours and never touch again.

Who cares if people never smith bronze or iron? Who cares if people don't spend 40 minutes whiffing a cows or chickens?

Anything that helps people get past the low level slog is better