/wotg/ - World of Tanks General

Is it finally the end for /wotg/?

Clans:
EU: NOPAN - eu.wargaming.net/clans/wot/500136066/
NA: NEET - na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000043295/
PS4: BLAPS - console.worldoftanks.com/en/clans/ps4/BLAPS/

Attached: 1521486739492.png (1922x1082, 2.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ouhhXSnruJM
youtube.com/watch?v=76XTKfJaszA
youtu.be/gabQQcbQToU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for anime and 1.0

Attached: Capture.jpg (1600x860, 272K)

1.0 NEW BEGINNING

The worst update ever. I never complain but what were they thinking making the game unplayable. From 120 fps on medium to high (fps>"hq" explosions), to 30 sec of loading menu and min settings to get 80fps.

How is it going to work on laptops and the potato outdated systems that poor americans use?

Buy a proper laptop next time
Or a cheap ssd and put the game there

Also a trick to avoid that loading nightmare, join a training room for your first match to preload most of the heavy things, if you didn't know already
And you can tweak effects too, learn what uses what and set it accordingly, externally/in driver settings if needed
Ffs, why are so many WoT players computer illiterates?

I use a desktop.

What's the problem then?

My friend says lowest settings look even worse now

Your friend is objectively blind or stupid

it looks different. colors are aggressive on some maps but overall it's alright, good PS2 game feel

Finally a correct thing
Colors indeed are more saturated, but I think you have filters to avoid that

Min Requirements didn't change. Your PC sucks.

Holy fuck this update has brought out the retards. Either that or WG has decided to reset me HARD. Every. Fucking. Team. fucking crumbles in the first three minutes. These are basically the exact same maps but my teams are fucking driving all over the place like they're playing tier 1 for the first time. Heavies yoloing medium flanks and fucking dying. Light tanks camping with TDs. Fucking mediums pushing me into enemy fire. Team killing at an all-time fucking high. SPGs driving to the front lines and attempting to play as armoured TDs. I am farming damage like fucking mad but this losing streak is fucking ridiculous. Only tanks that don't seem to give a fuck are the object 430Us with laser accuracy and are shitting out Radley Walters like its the aftermath of a budget Indian restaurant. Today is the day boys if you want to get that ridiculous high damage game as long as you play one of the new broken Russian tanks. Today is the WoT equivalent of a gym during the first few weeks of January. Fuck me dead. Worst part is I'm going to continue playing like the shit eating faggot I am.

Attached: 1521597777885.jpg (750x1009, 66K)

no explosions, no shells flying
didn't read but I'm sure it's of balance comrade

THE NEW ENGINE IS INSANE
There are here, your pc is surely broken

American here, I get ~111fps at maximum, and the game's on an ssd

Does camoflauge do anything for the E50?

are NA servers even up? I can't connect.

it doesn't seem that they are, I'm sure that will change soon

he had to set special effects to maximum to see any shell flying, I doubt he'd lie to me and so I'm enjoying a bit of schadenfraude.
could somebody upload new map's minimap?

ok so I have more frames and the game looks marginally better despite using lower settings than before, I'm okay with this
those loading times tho, I'm definitely pilfering a SSD from my broken laptop

I see them on every setting, you all must be blind

Also hdd loading is literal shit, went back to standard from smooth ultra, gg programmers

so shiny, and flat...

Pastanks when

Attached: Capture.png (539x352, 283K)

>this tank is a slut

>forgot to preload

Attached: 1450561762032.jpg (257x279, 21K)

>that live oaks intro

Attached: 1450553077296.png (462x653, 212K)

wow the game looks slightly better than before!

I'm too scared to log in in case my potato won't run it anymore :(

wow 1.0 was actually disappointing

I have an ancient toaster with an i3 and a fucking GTS 450 and I get more frames now than before while it looks marginally better

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE RED LINE I DRIVE NORMALLY AND MY FUCKING TANK JUST STOPS BECAUSE THE RED LINE ISN'T FUCKING THERE AND THOSE JEWS MADE THE MAP LOOK ENDLESS FUCK BESIDES THE GAME STILL LOOKS LIKE SHIT AND THE MAPS AREN'T THE SAME I WANT MY OLD SHIT GAME BACK

Attached: 1496465727231.jpg (688x788, 45K)

the minimum requirements stayed the same

is this better?

~145fps btw

Attached: shot_247.jpg (1920x1080, 1.57M)

the map border is now white line that is unmistakable, but yeah, the maps do look somewhat endless now

Attached: shot_246.jpg (1920x1080, 1.93M)

there's a setting for it

literally in the game options
if there's those red glowing numbers in the options it's not just to be pretty

>impyling everyone didn't know that 2 months ago

I wonder how much soviet propeganda is spread out on the maps? I bet you won't find its equivalent in ruinberg or himmesldorf :^)

Attached: shot_244.jpg (1920x1080, 1.81M)

next time win the war pls

>new garage
>half the tanks are soviet
hmm

youtube.com/watch?v=ouhhXSnruJM

I'm annoyed the other tanks in the garage aren't from a selection of tanks you actually own
shit, let me chose which tanks I wanna display

out fucking skilled

Attached: shot_754.jpg (2560x1440, 2.68M)

>the forced splash adverts on every login just weren't enough so they had to fucking add the premium vehicle itself in the back of everyone's garage so they're *sure* that everyone read their autistic ad and MOREOVER have its name permanently show to ensure that the ol' NLP advertising trick works as well

nah fuck this and fuck everything that this trash company stands for, I'm done. This time for real. I was patient when they added the forced ads, I was patient when they intentionally allowed p2w in ranked but this is an entire new level of kikery that isn't actually present in any other mmo. Fuck WG

Attached: 1502178609575.png (492x496, 559K)

when you're sperging about forced ads, are you talking about the MOTD?

yes

>forced ads
there is like 1 splash screen every 7 days and of the stuff is ingame events related
>premium vehicle itself in the back of everyone's garage
thats not the first time they did this and it doesnt bother me
just get a garage mod if it triggers you that much
>p2w in ranked
there is not a single tier 10 premium tank, what are you talking about?

Is anyone else getting this glitch where you get hit but there is no sound indicating the penetration? I keep on thinking I dodged a round only to see I've been hit or I get the hit indicator but no sound.

that bug has been in the new engine since the earliest HD map sandbox, everyone has it

Well, the game looks really nice now. Seems MM is fucked beyond belief though. Havent played a match today that hasn't been over within the first 4 minutes.

I'd seen other people saying their frame rate is unplayable since the update, mine seems to be about the same as before though. Getting absolutely horrible load times though, hopefully that's just down to the servers being packed today

>Servers packed
>NA: 10K

EU

I want one casemate TD between tier 5-7 for comfy camping, what would you recommend?

>still no /wgg/

The new maps look nice, some of the background mountains are comically huge though. You feel like you're looking down at the surface of a planet while you drive around

SU-152 and the premium version

Are the graphical changes significant?They even changed graphics engine...
Are there any before/after pics?

>Want to play 1.0 with everyone and to be the homoest cat ever and take super cool screenshots,
>Have to complete 2.5k word essay on Maoism for tomorrow.
Can anyone explain, what important new things are in the patch, please?

Would it still be possible to run wot on atom cpus?

Use 152mm?

Looks like a lot of people are getting loaded into games minutes after they've started. Hopefully that means WG will fix it but who knows

I hope you're studying human retardation user
the new things are
>cool new looks
>cool new sounds
>a fatter lorraine

unf

Attached: shot_080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.44M)

>Play WoT for the first time in months because 1.0
>5 games, 2x5s, 1x7, 2x8s, all bottom tier
Looks nice but I'm still not going to put time in this again until the MM is fixed on NA.

>Are there any before/after pics?
this video should give you some idea. youtube.com/watch?v=76XTKfJaszA

I want a Type 62.

I OWN A TYPE 62!

Attached: 1465847504444.jpg (2048x1536, 654K)

>tfw you left after the server merges

Attached: 0060f3e7bd32d46b19925c60f2f1304498d3778bf99780c67b138618a96c8910.gif (540x304, 432K)

Blitz clan is BENIS

>Asia server has to wait until 27th for the patch

Why are patches always late for us?

I have one as well, it's a cute little guy, a micro type 59, but without being gimped in tier 9 games

>tfw I have to play WZ-131 with stock gun and pretend to be a Type 62 without premium status.

>Why are patches always late for us?
Asia is far away so it takes longer for internet to reach you

Attached: LittleBro.gif (1962x1255, 593K)

penis

I feel like fjords and fisherman's bay are really unbalanced now

>click Connect
>instantly disconnected
What gives?

indeed

oh?

does fisherman's bay favor the south spawn now?

I was just there and we rolled the north team

Attached: shot_256.jpg (1920x1080, 2M)

north spawn now can pretty much move directly to the south spawn via the 1 line and then setup all along the 2 and 3 lines from there
at least that's what I experienced in my whole three battles on that map
I'm a shitter anyway so what do I know, call it a gut feeling

Anyone know if that patch is up for NA? I can't connect for some reason.

have you tried turning off and back on again?

Win 10 battles in a row where you're basically given god mode cheat codes. Heavy tanks bouncing off your LT's armor whilst you snapshot their cupolas at 60km/h. Derpy guns magically derp rounds into target when you're not even aiming properly. Feel like you may one day actually be good at this game.

Lose 10 battles in a row where fully aimed and accurate guns plonk shots into the floor right in front of your target. If you hit an enemy in the side the shot is a "critical hit" and nothing more. Team with worse stats shits all over you and your best players. All skill suddenly gone.

Anyone else feel this way?

Attached: 1445361819242.jpg (1200x750, 374K)

Every day.

Attached: That feel - we all know.png (976x548, 49K)

>Anyone else feel this way?
yellows and teals

Yes. I was in the bulldog and somehow penned 90% of my shots using almost exclusively regular ammo. Then in my T57 using gold rounds I bounced half my shots, all of which seemed to not go anywhere near the center.
I also hate the new graphics even though they look objectively better. I hate them because they are different. There was nothing wrong previously, I don't like change for the sake of change.

makes me think

Attached: sniff.png (285x63, 5K)

they should make new maps instead of uselessly polishing the old ones

clearly an HD update was what this game needed

so what did they change in 1.0?

i haven't played in months

WoT now looks like a good looking PS2 game and all maps have been reworked + one new map. Some maps the changes are hardlessly noticeable and others you'll see your favourite spots have been completely removed or made unviable because of some added little bumps.

>WoT now looks like a good looking PS2 game
Nigga what. Turn on your PS2 and throw in any game.

>World of Tanks version 1.0
>MM improved )))))))))))))))))
>Balance improved ))))))))))))))
>Tier 8 improved )))))))))))
>Maps improved )))))))))))))
>Clan wars improved ))))))))))))
And on top of that it looks just as good as the first Crysis! What more do you people want?

>I don't like change for the sake of change.
[screeching magic bird]

>youtu.be/gabQQcbQToU
WG can't even get a T-34 right. What the fuck, just look at this thing.

I'll need to dig deeper into this, you can't notice those things unless you have a direct comparison.

Why do I get the graphics setting popup box EVERY SINGLE GAME?

to let reds know they have a settings menu

so that even the biggest retard becomes aware that his old settings might not run anymore for him before shitting up the forums