/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
Deviljho, weapon balance, and more coming March 22nd.
monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/update/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Lavasioth - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous: (OP)

Attached: ded.jpg (843x611, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7EB072YUoY8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> doing arena quest with /msg/
Nothing comfier

>tfw burnt out
How do I find the motivation to keep grinding them augmentations?

Attached: REMOVE.png (200x200, 58K)

we could trade podcasts

Have you tried different playstyles with different weapons? You never know what you could discover.

Attached: 1519046693949.png (298x272, 79K)

Attack or Regen for LS augmentation?

This. Gl main here. Did that with wide and long

>have 600+ IG hunts
>time to switch it up
>try other weapons
>make good sets, but inexperienced with other weapons
>go from ~4 minute hunts to ~12 minute hunts because I just can't get a handle on other weapons
>get really happy when things go well and I manage ~7 minute hunts with other weapons

Huh. I get the feeling I'm never going to make other weapons click for me the way IG did. I'll keep trying but, it's a little discouraging.

Attached: 29467945_10156056404803820_1555954588646988313_n.png (960x540, 508K)

Partbreaker 3, Handicraft 3, Speed Eating 3, Latent power 3

Take a break. There are tons of wonderful games to play out there. If you don't want to play any other games, there are books to read, shows to watch, and it's almost spring, so you can go outside. Get a garden going. There's no reason to burn yourself out, the game will be here when you come back.

Why do I keep reading the reddit mh sub?

Everyone in it is fucking stupid, yet I keep going back. Am i just retarded? Cart myself?

But user, if you cart yourself now, you'll never get to hunt a high-definition pickle.

>Why do I keep reading the reddit mh sub?
The same reason people like to watch animals.

I think it's a masochistic thing. Thanks for no bully. Maybe I'll just stick to watching the animals at a distance.

Posting even though no one gives a shit
Xbone /mhg/ squad is open and recruiting! After all the Xbone asking about sessions and squads last night I made one. Will post this thrice a thread! Session ID: 4RhbyBK7zGN
Join for tempered hunts, the /mhg/ squad, arena quests, arm wrestling and more!!
>inb4 "lol no one joins"
Probably right. Just trying to fill the /mhg/ squad to start having squad sessions open

Sorry, ID is actually: 4yhQrAKh72xw

Is there a mhg squad?

Xbone or PS4

Xbox

Yep

Ps4

I care about your squad. Thanks for posting man, keep it up.

Is it possible to kill a monster that is in a trap that was put down?

Yeah.

Reminding yourself of how bad things could be and what not to be.

>handler hair

oh no no no...

>armor comes with a push-up bra to create some cleavage out of the flat huntress model in World

thanks capcom

Attached: 1520617187797.jpg (964x867, 420K)

This place is only marginally better.

youtube.com/watch?v=7EB072YUoY8

>handicraft
>latent power
>partbreaker
what's the set bonus though?

Attached: deviljho.png (1000x610, 738K)

meateater

what does it do?

It's the 22nd in Japan already WHEN'S JHO?!

Allows consumption of Raw Meat, and causes Rare and Well-done Steaks to temporarily grant unlimited Stamina.

>causes Rare and Well-done Steaks to temporarily grant unlimited Stamina.
whelp time to fire up the oven roast again

>it's all garbage

Attached: 1439330359256.png (398x309, 122K)

>handicraft
>garbage

Or I can have my handicraft without garbage skills attached to it.

>pitiful handicraft only on alpha
yep it's garbage

There is no set bonus is bullshitting.

Any sessions up?

Attached: seeking.gif (320x240, 992K)

Try out different weapons.

What time does the update for Deviljho release? UK here.

Regen is current meta.

>That feel when I want a meaningful challenge from MH

G-Rank could not come sooner. They better make is balls to the wall intense

How will Torso Up affect the game if added to the current armor skill setup?

It's being released according to UTC time, about 4 hours left.

Alright, thanks.

Bumping this thread because I want to hang a loli catfag' s favorite pet irl

imagine if the game was hard enough that farcasters were really useful and sometimes necessary

only for the braindead weapons like gs and gl

affinity

Attack will serve you better in the long run assuming you're practiced enough to LS to function at end-game which if you have high-end stream-stones you should be.

If you'v gone cookie-cutter build the Nerg set bonus should be more than enough on the health regeneration side.

cookie-cutter build?

You see this piece of shit? By no means is he actually difficult, but dammit all, he is just a slog to level up in research. Bouncing off and constant running has landed this stupid fire fish on my shitlist.

Attached: FrontierGen-HC_Lavasioth_Render_001_(Edited).png (1260x756, 1.26M)

Kushala Chest, Teostra Gauntlets, Nerg Helm, Coil and Greaves.

Use your charm + gems to fill out the rest of the points in Weakness Exploit, Handicraft, Attack Up 4 (or as much as you can fit after filling everything else out) with a NEB gem and Polish if you're finding the base amount of white sharp on Divine Slasher isn't good enough. Critical Boost is also a priority but it's ok to leave it at 2 points.

WE + Max Might caps your Affinity when Affinity Booster is active and everything else in your kit is straight raw damage on your weapon with the added bonus of Nerg set helping keeping you topped off.

>go on expedition to elder's recess with ghillie mantle
>follow him around
>collect his footprints for a while

If you aren't already partial to doing so, try GL or CB. GL can just full-burst for days since shells don't care where they hit and CB is somewhat similar with unga SAED, but has the added bonus of being able to charge the sword to also never bounce when charging phials.

yo

FUCK AZURE RATHALOS IN ARENA
FUCK YOU

You trying to get the arena coins? What weapon are you using? There's 2 cheese strats which are easy and I used when solo'ing for Divine Slasher and other workshop weapons I wanted.

bow and i wanna kill myself, help me brother

PSN rooms?

Die fucker.

>almost did all my tempered investigations
>the majority of them i have left are 3 reward tempered b52 quests

Attached: 1521080641988.jpg (548x547, 46K)

:,(

judging by how world has single player scaling for everything and the hunters are pretty overpowered in general, i doubt that's gonna happen
you're better off playing 4u, xx or even frontier if you want a challenge in g-rank and beyond

i'd trade those for all the shitty 2 reward investigations i have

Which weapons in world have the highest skillcap? Is IG still just get red and mash the same combo? I would play DB but they are associated with shitters.

2 easiest are Hammer or Dual Blades. Hammer's weapon is straight-up better and gets Mega Demondrug but if you're not used to landing the combos it could be a problem. You do get para knives for a free combo opening though in addition to the mandatory 3 flash pods.

Dual Blades on the other hand doesn't get drug or knives and the weapon is a bit below-average but if you don't know how to use hammer it's probably the way to go because you get 6 flash pods and can just drop Rath out of the sky for free damage every time he flies.

Additionally both of these weapons have amazing slide attacks which works great with the fact that you can fight on the hill-side of the arena to spam them. In a pinch if you've used all your flash pods you can also use those slide attacks to hit Rath in the air while he's flying.

this doesnt sound cheesy at all, more like what youre supposed to be doing in the first place

What the fuck is the point of the three reskinned basic lizards and the two chicken raptors? They are such joke monsters.

Room?

Attached: 6283820342f344884b98294cfe7feca4.jpg (1186x1956, 190K)

They are just the 2 load-outs that give you the best shot at him since you're given way more to work with and it's incredible easy to use their spinning dash attacks in the arena because AR often just stops mid-air to roar and shoot the odd fireball making him easy to hit.

Using the bow by comparison is just making it hard on yourself because the arena doesn't favor bow and the load-out it gives you is garbage.

There has to be some lower threat level monster around user, not everything can be a Bagel or an Elder Dragon after all.

Also Worldbabs really show their new whenever they mention re-skinning since MH is a series basically built on creative re-use of assets.

Jho's GS is the best in the game.
>it may not even be final
Holy fuck. Who cares if the armor is shit: that weapon is amazing.

Room ID PSN: 7bAQ2FjQ4CEy

its not raw meta

6BjLTBZ3dYA3

can confirm
i did with an user here and we got A first try
i flash, he stun with hammer, then i go in and trip the cunt with DB, then he hammer stun again. everytime the cunt fly up i flash him again

It's 40 higher than Jag and has natural white.

Why is SNS the most fun weapon in the game? Can't wait for the weapon balance patch tonight or tomorrow.

Shhh, don't tell anyone.

i just wish the stupid jump attack wasn't also the highest dps

i love spinning around for mad hits

Not it doesn't, the Jho armor has Handicraft which gives it white.

I thought they were buffing the spinning slash or whatever it is for SnS?

>xx
>challenge in g-rank
lmfao

yea but unless it's a massive buff the jump will still be higher dps, we'll see

If the buff is good then whats the downed combo? Spiral into roundslash repeat?

The advancing spin move now builds up demon gauge iirc, that's it.

when pc release

today!

depending on positioning but yeah, you just wanna dance around the weakspot back and forth

that's what i already do since i find the jumping spam just boring

Just made one, tried the ones I saw here and they didn't work. Gonna post some T2's, come get some /mhg/

Attached: NonSummerJack-Kirin-MonsterHunter-Cosplay-3.jpg (1500x1000, 999K)

aaaaaaand being the retard I am I forgot the session ID, it is 6PbtTxTaWaLu . T2/T3 Room/Session, should hit all the ctrl + f's

Attached: dinner time.jpg (1280x720, 282K)

i did ur mom wide and long lamo

Guys what is a decent gunner set? Googling and Youtube just gives pre-nerf slice builds and i'm not interested in cheese, I just wanna have fun. I'm not too fussed on the main ammo type, but I've been pure blademaster/bow in World and don't really know the must haves in gunner skills.

I wanna try out at least the LBG.

ID's not working

>sniff investigations for 50 minutes
>7 Investigations
>1 in 20 tracks give you investigations
Is this actually the fucking rate?

Why is everyone dropping World and going back to XX? It's like a ghost town in the /mhg/ squads.

I've been told Kinsect has the highest skill cap but I can't verify that by any means, either way it probably has the funnest play style from what I've seen

>Why are people dropping a game with no content and going to play a game with more than triple the content
Gee, I wonder why?