Into the Breach

Into the Breach General /itb/

>intothebreach.gamepedia.com/Into_The_Breach_Wiki

>store.steampowered.com/app/590380/Into_the_Breach/

>subsetgames.com/itb.html
Mods:
The nexus is coming soon.
>Acid Judoka/Cut-Content: drive.google.com/open?id=1bu8j4wKKVKCwT_y5oow2JQFtFuwS5RvR
>Retaliation Ralph Pilot Skill
drive.google.com/file/d/1LTYWE1tuMvp1txQ0ybjp7cWCxBwON7NP/view?usp=sharing
>user's cute waifu portrait (replaces Camilla's sprites)
mega.nz/#!tkBi3aBY!dCZtr7HlzaicVVaQGMsLeVbTlpOhZw8aDvexsBqBYig
imgur.com/a/cq9Ll

Timeline lost to the Veks :

Attached: SASAGEYO SASAGEYO.png (1348x757, 645K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pgCRGRLD3hk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love how cute the map sprites of the vek are
but once you click one you get a close up and they aren't so cute anymore
psions for example look like davy jones

second for this user’s cool painting

Attached: CF2F9932-6DB6-425B-8C56-E1CA5D999A22.jpg (833x1000, 320K)

noice

Based.

What's your opinion on using weapons of a different class?

I had enough cores so I tried this, and it was a fantastic addition. I didn't put it on the Ice Mech because I had Cluster Artillery on it, and the push is too good to give it up.
The ability to shoot both on the same turn killed a lot of shit on the map.

Attached: 246y4y6454uy756.png (1366x768, 172K)

it's quite useful and adds a lot of utility to a mech, if you have enough cores that is
i never seem to have enough cores to get even the basic stuff done though

It can be super effective late game.

I've only won on hard once, and I think it was when I had Henry piloting the judo mech and he had a rail gun in the second slot. So he could get in close and judo the enemies, or pull distance and hit them with a powerful shot. It was great because nothing else on the Steel Judoka really fills the "high damage at high range" niche.

Why the fuck is this called a mech game?
The units could be floating gems or something, this is a turn-based puzzle game.
In a real mech game the units have localized damage and line of sight matters.

Deal wit it

I will as soon as I cool down from that last alpha strike.

For those of you who are wondering how lucky you have to be to win with 3x mech hooks I've finally gotten around to uploading the run.
youtube.com/watch?v=pgCRGRLD3hk
That's a sick painting. Too bad I'm trash at the Blitzkrieg squad.
Go for your life. Shoring up your squad's weaknesses with another squad's weapons is an excellent strategy.

Attached: 3X HOOK.png (1920x1080, 99K)

amazing

more?

bemp

>Not putting the name of the game in the title
Expose your skill to the world mate.

Fucking finally, the Rift Walkers are pretty good all things considered.
And I was just looking for FTL shit.
So now that I have 8 coins. Judoka, Frozen or Dukes of Hazard?

Attached: victory.png (1213x700, 62K)

Mecha-AIDS

have you EVER lost a pilot?

Henry sacrificed himself to save the future on the very last turn of the final mission once.

Of course, hell I have sacrificed pilots on occasions. One time to secure a time pod that had a better pilot in it, and was going to be blown up by a rocket

ive saved more timelines than pilots

Attached: abe death.png (305x158, 12K)

>tfw you try to kill all your pilots off on the last turn of the game

Hear me, I have an idea for the final boss
Metroids

is there any way to solve this without killing the tank? all mechs have standard loadout and 3 moves

Attached: rip.png (1927x1080, 239K)

Gotta admit some pinball beetle got me in the tchoo-tchoo once, also better lose pilots than timelines.

nevermind, solved it

Judoka for 200IQ
Frozen for Real Easy Mode
Necromechs for full sacrificial fun.

>throw boulder next to tank
>grapple tank to safety

yeah thats what I did

Sometimes, the veks are just nice enough to get right into your crosshairs, maybe it's because I play the cyborg versions, I didn't even had to move my artillery.

>the Rift Walkers are pretty good all things considered.
They are good because everybody can displace and inflict damage (and in the upper range when fully upgraded - the only fact that one of your mech can deal instant 4 damage is great), plus they are very straightforward. Just finished 4-islands hard with them, 2nd island was tricky but otherwise sort of a cake walk, didn't even realized until the end that I pulled four perfect islands.

Attached: 20180321230743_1.jpg (1600x901, 295K)

I love this game but I fucking HATE Blitzkrieg.

I hate this game but I fucking LOVE Flame Behemoth.

t. hornet vek

i fucking hate myself

I want to marry the swap mech!

anyone else bugging that the armored symbol looks so weird?
it looks like scales or something but not really like something sturdy or defensive

yeah I never did like it

But scales are exactly that

pushing > pulling
change my mind

why not both

tossing the enemy over your head > pushing

what's a renfield bomb even supposed to be

A device that can transport a whole Vek hive to a different timeline.

>not doing everything

Attached: we have purposely trained him grid, as a joke.png (661x431, 32K)

What if you want to move them to your right?

You use your 5 movement to get into the other side.

the opposite of a localized breach

its like a combination of the bottled city of superman, and patrick star taking his problem, and pushing it somewhere else

is time travel an instrument

who perfect boys?

Attached: fdgfdg.png (468x820, 127K)

show me your ways

not yet

literally rng if you get perfect

>Lightning Mech doesn't have No Friendly Fire upgrade
For fuck's sake. The building chain upgrade is a complete cockblock half the time.

an instrument the vek cant posses
yet. every win, you leave behind your mechs

that'd make it too easy. the grapple mech has armor for a reason.

Fucking 1HP bonus allies, though. I can't fire my weapon without eradicating every Mine-Bot on the map.

timeline reminder that RALPH FUCKING SUCKS

Attached: 600k timelines in debt.jpg (611x645, 93K)

>Lighting Boys, protect this train and these two retarded tanks!

Attached: 1520657468875.png (252x234, 97K)

>clevery reposition an attacking alpha hornet to break two laser mechs out of the ice
>they're hostile
FUCK

Welcome to Pinnacle, motherfucker

Teach me how to better use the backblast on the rust and flame artillery mechs. The only time I ever kill anything with it is when I'm using it to hit blobs. It otherwise never sees use. Am I just positioning poorly or is it generally just not an overly useful feature?

Sounds like your artillery is hanging out further from the center of the map than you want it to be.
Sure it's safer to be tucked away but at the same time that limits their potential attack angles. Only reason you should be afraid to have them centered is if there are webbing vek on the field.
If it helps your planning, Vek AI intentionally avoids standing on tiles that have smoke, fire, or a timepod on them. ACID is the only status effect they'll blindly douse themselves in.

Wow. And I thought the mech that attacks by crashing and hurting itself was fucking dumb.

Attached: frozen titans.png (649x590, 54K)

realize that with the three point rust cloud upgrade, you're upgrading two mechs at once. your artillery's cloud, and your jump jets fart. jump becomes 3 damage, and rocket becomes 2, which makes it the ONLY artillery that can "attack" next to itself

it goes from a mech that can attack every other round, to one of the best mechs in the game depending on which pilot is inside it

if you don't have bethany or mafan for EZ mode, you just gotta be clever and position your ice mech in harm's way or on a vek spawn, to break the ice.

but the colors they chose for those scales suck. and it just looks flimsy. the icon is POOR.

Teach me how to not get fucking frustrated every time something goes wrong to the point where I just abandon and restart my entire playthrough.

I dunno, in ftl I'd literally scream at the bs but in this game it feels just too easy to get mad at

Sorry for saving the world you dumb bitch

Attached: fuck you.png (1304x758, 248K)

pinnacle is the fucking worst, ingame and in lore/writing.

This sounds like a dumb solution

Are they just hoping the next time line won't have people on it?

Might be why you never run out of timelines to save.
Or it is targeted and they all send them to the same timeline or a dead earth. Stuff like that.

What's the common strategy for island progression?

Which squad to I pick next to get all the medals with?

Zenith can go fuck itself. Worst squad.

Attached: fuck_zenith.png (978x595, 54K)

Zenith rules, bro.

Time to swallow the hazard pill.

>Break 5 buildings out of the ice
>Kill 7 enemies
This island is the worst.

>youtube.com/watch?v=pgCRGRLD3hk
I admire you greatly

Ice Mech is supreme easy mode. It makes hard mode look like a walk in a park.
Even without cheese-shield, it can be used to block any hits while stopping any enemy with crossfire. You can eternally block the same spawn. It flies meaning very easy movement.

Ice mech is just pure awesome and contrary to the charge mech, doesn't even need a special pilot to be good and it actually turns into the most OP thing in the game with Bethany or Mafan.

I won't, you're right
That's really impressive, I've yet to do more than one perfect run I believe. Congrats
I would understand if you never picked pinnacle again solely because of her attitude.
Derp, I completely missed that. Thank you
I'm glad someone appreciates it, Harold had a rough time pulling that one off. I'm toying with the idea of running a 3x ice mech squad next.

Attached: ice mechs.jpg (1226x774, 229K)

Hey guys quick question. If an iced mech gets struck by lightning does it break it out of ice or kill it instantly? Send help.

Attached: ice lightning.jpg (1920x1080, 502K)

Instakill stuff is always instakill

Tyvm

Watched you hook playthrough too
I am both impressed and envious because of the stuff you got
>double wind turbines
>ice generator
>smoke

Glad you enjoyed it. I must admit I got some really lucky streaks. All those weapons you mentioned helped a lot to secure the victory. Not to mention the few lucky resists early on. I probably couldn't do it again if I tried. The first 3x hook run I attempted failed miserably.

Attached: quickest.jpg (1920x2160, 540K)

>What's the glitch?

Whilst not strictly speaking a glitch, I definitely think losing all your mechs on the first half of the final island should cost you the run.

>Objective: Survive the fight
>(kills himself)
>eh whatever just blow them up

Wait, do you "win" the first half if you just murder all your mechs?

Is it worth doing a 4-island run as opposed to a 3-island run? I believe it's simply more of the same at that point, but if people would rather see 3x ice mechs tackle alpha spiders I can push ahead and go for 4.

Attached: 3 or 4 island.jpg (1920x2160, 592K)

in that one video it worked but i never tested it myself

i'd say yes for a "complete" run but if you don't like then i won't force you, not that i could

I think you're right. It's a minor inconvenience for a better experience for everyone else.

Why do so many pilots have spic and asian names? Is this made by the most powerful race?

what should i take?
everyone has normal loadout besides judo mech which also has the spear

Attached: stuff.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

cores

Looks like you're pretty kitted out already. I would definitely swap your teleporter in for your gravity pull weapon. Buy at least 2 reactor cores and perhaps a 3rd or the ice generator, they're always OP maxed out

Attached: 1507925954704.png (720x672, 438K)

got the teleporter from the perfect island reward
and ice generator sounds pretty good