/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, shows and comics.

/sthg/ #1265 - Incoming Disappointment Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Attached: sonic-idw.jpg (1726x1311, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180322T1530&p0=224&font=cursive
youtube.com/watch?v=4ep1vL1muuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is this adopt Sonic OC thing? Would you do it?

Attached: tumblr_nyxlsa5DhZ1tgwv53o1_500.jpg (500x506, 56K)

SONIC MANIA PLUS WILL SAVE THIS GENERAL SONIC MANIA PLUS WILL SAVE THIS GENERAL SONIC MANIA PLUS WILL SAVE THIS GENERAL SONIC MANIA PLUS WILL SAVE THIS GENERAL

Attached: file.png (800x874, 583K)

#1 this weekend boys

Dead pet

Attached: death.jpg (300x171, 27K)

Mina Milestone Maybe?

Attached: 1519929321047.png (300x430, 33K)

It is very cool and I am happy for it. Hopefully we get some new Sonic Racing news too.

Will Chao be in Sonic Racing?

Attached: 1510473348961.jpg (1200x1200, 165K)

>Let's combine Rouge/Blaze/Tikal into one and call it my special OC
Disgusting
You meant the Comics, that was what that pasta was used for.

Attached: disgust.jpg (325x326, 28K)

Attached: sonadow_kiss.png (950x809, 88K)

Attached: Hate - FuLL PowAA.png (2518x1440, 3.27M)

flusteru

Attached: tnchxhRl03 - 975676328283316224 - 1.jpg (1667x1562, 286K)

>Classiccucks BTFO.png
>Sonic Forces sold well.png
>Reeee Modernbabs! x 400
>Reee Classicfags! x 400
Does that sum up the last week of this general well enough?

Also, post Classic & Modern hanging out. I don't know why, but I love seeing different Sonics hanging out together.

Attached: modern sonic and classic sonic sleeping.jpg (346x295, 30K)

wait why does knuckles and tails know spindash. isnt the entire point of spindash to hit enemies with the quills..yet tails & knuckles have no quills

Okay but what is there to be disappointed about in these comics, exactly?

Flynn was never the pinnacle of writing quality but he's always written fairly fun stories for anyone who enjoyed parts of the preboot or reboot Archie era. What exactly would disappoint you? Is it still people sore about Sally not being around? Or is it skepticism about Tangle? I can't see it being anything less than a fun Sonic-themed kids comic.

someone makes OC
then they put OC in adoption
someone adopts OC
???
profit

I already adopted an oc from /trash/
>would I
Yes, though I wonder if I should

probably in the background of a level to appease adventurefags but they won't be playable/useable/etc. but wisps will be because kishimoto

If I catch you wearing these I will talk to you.

Attached: sonic_clothes_1_by_darkgamer2011-d4ibrja.jpg (900x675, 153K)

>Classiccucks BTFO.png

Attached: Classicucks BTFO.png (1500x1100, 1.85M)

Will the film save this general?

Give us something more at this point. Screw settling for mediocrity,give me stories as good as SA2, Battle, or Unleashed.

snow-man caterkiller huh
somebody write this down for a rom-hack

They'll be in the audience cheering in some stages just like they were in the Olympic games.

Attached: 3.jpg (854x480, 246K)

you forgot classicfags bullying modernfags

Tails actually taught Sonic how to spindash as we know it today. Hence why the CD version was worse and the peel out was more useful.
And knuckles does has quills.

Attached: 1501548777414.jpg (800x720, 209K)

why does the chao look so out of place compared to toad and the penguins? the anti-aliasing looks really bad

REMOVE KISHIMOTO

Attached: [autistic screeching].png (328x315, 176K)

1 day, 2 hours, and 53 minutes until disappointment
timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180322T1530&p0=224&font=cursive

Attached: Big Guy.jpg (1261x678, 54K)

Flynn isn't good at writing story arcs. They start out promising with the first 4-5 issues and then they fizzle out HARD and drag on and become incredibly boring to read. His strength lies in short stories.

Attached: 1518658436092.jpg (196x288, 8K)

Attached: xnS7LpTr.jpg (1440x1440, 76K)

texture. it's shiny as hell

Thanks helga

>They start out promising with the first 4-5 issues

The arcs were only 4 issues at most.

The comics should be mostly like the games or be something else entirely. No middle ground!

In Universe, yes, but I'm talking about the main comic.

Maybe it's because I've read the comics for years & I've had fun with the preboot & post-reboot eras even if they weren't perfect, but everything we've seen from the IDW comics so far looks to be exactly what I expected. A decent for all-ages Sonic comic with game characters & new characters.

I mean, would it be nice if we got Sonic stories that had higher stakes & everything? Yeah, but it's not like Ian's never done plots that rose the stakes before & I understand that we can't get moments like "LIMIT?!" all the time.

I'm sure Ian recognizes that he's better at shorter stories, hence why he said that "he won't do a SWC-length arc" this go-around. Personally I can get disappointment in that, but I was never really cared for arcs lasting longer than a year anyways.

Is he still canon?

Attached: Roughest of Waves, Blackest of Dooms.png (350x438, 118K)

Main comic too, excluding the crossovers

Enough! It will be retreading familiar ground. It use the games as a setup but will be it's own thing

It's really depressing seeing fans celebrate the deathblow Mania dealt to the franchise.

You pretty much nailed it. I'm not saying the comics won't be immune to criticism but it does seem like a lot of people are being too pessimistic too early, Flynn seems to be staying exactly within his comfort zone and expectations aside, I doubt it'll fail at what it intends to be - a fun comic for Sonic fans.

You miswrote Forces. After all, it killed any chance of good, polished and well thought out Boost gameplay that Unleashed and Generations left us.

I want so bad Sonichu in that comic

Attached: Sonichu.jpg (403x393, 144K)

The only reason you praise that is because Pontaff suck. If they weren't around the comics would be better acting like they were in the same universe as the games.

>I want a come with nothing but shitty memes and pop cultural references

I know not many people actually believe this, but imagine not being able to see what good Mania can & likely will do for both Classic AND Modern Sonic.

Black Doom is still canon, but giving that Shadow beat him & Shadow's game is so hated, SEGA probably wants to forget he ever existed.

Well, the main comic had arcs that lasted 4 issues, but the overarching plot of the Shattered World Crisis lasted throughout almost the entire reboot.

>Boost gameplay.
>Well thought out.
>Polishable.
Kek.

I don't know about canon, but he's definitely hot

is him a Sonic character? O_________o

TGT is better

>Tails actually taught Sonic how to spindash as we know it today.
You're adorable, Sparky.

It's hard to have a discussion if you're not knowledgeable and/or know the fundamentals of a game or a comic.

It's sad, isn't it user? SEGA is gonna kill everything from the past 20 years. No more moving the series forward. Look forward to the same game every time with no variety because classicucks can't handle change. I sure can't wait for more Green Hill. Sonic is going to die for real this time, all because of a bunch of retards that have shit taste and want NSMB ripoffs instead of new games with engrossing serious plots and fresh new gamplay styles. Mania ruined the series.

Attached: 1521240886162.png (500x500, 190K)

this should have been his design.

You can't refute this.

Attached: file.png (1277x1744, 876K)

>You can't refute this.
I literally can't. That design is fantastic.

Mania is a lot of fun! I really like Press Garden.

how come he don't got a mouth

>but the overarching plot of the Shattered World Crisis lasted throughout almost the entire reboot.

The problem is you're ignoring that several different arcs happened in that timeframe. You should look at SWC as a new status quo or saga, not an arc.

Hey now user, Boost has the potential to be good. It's just that Sonic Team refuses to make it less OP and continues to keep the level design linear.

Attached: 1482292695457.jpg (500x381, 41K)

Black Doom's original design is better because it's a Wizeman recolor.

Attached: Wizeman from NiGHTS.jpg (1112x1197, 652K)

You don't really need to know EVERYTHING about making a game or comic to have a discussion, but it is good to learn a lot about Sonic history. Better start going through the Sonic wikias, user!

Fair enough. Ian's better at arcs, instead of full-blown sagas like the SWC.

He comes running when I whistle now. It's really cute!

Attached: file.png (622x530, 431K)

I think it might actually be that Mania is a one time thing and future games from Taxman and Headcanon may use modern Sonic.

If the film is a success don't be surprised if this happens.

All of the gameplays could have been pushed to their peak. Adventure easily could have without all that trash minigame/gimmick shit that bogged down the core Sonic/Shadow gameplays. Boost Unleashed was perfection with the Daytime levels, with Gens being the more variety as a whole to the Sonic series. A proper SA3/Boost3 would have done them justice with the right people.

Despite the airplane fins, it does work better than that Final Fantasy reject version.

t. delusional Edge-Hedge fags

Attached: no thanks.gif (192x256, 323K)

I wish I could refute that, but I can't. Cherry on top would be Sticks somehow wearing some of those ornaments.

Generations made the wound, Mania unloafed a truck of salt into it.

We're literally getting that anyway, might as well go all in.

Yes, he's the character that retcon'd the events of shadow's past in Sa2.

You call that wound of wrinkles in his face area on the og design a mouth?

This only works if the individual stories and arcs are all good. In practice maybe half of them were, and the rest were boring obvious filler that only served to muddle through the next part of the overarching SWC plot.

That's why moderncucks shouldn't post here anymore. Their sect of the franchise is on its way out anyway.

classicuck kys

Aww

I doubt the movie has anything to do with what Sonic SEGA uses going forward. The whole point of the movie is because SEGA wants to make Sonic a huge multi-media franchise & the movie is meant to be a step in that direction.

If the film flops, they just won't bother with Sonic movies anymore.

Only people that should stop posting are the autists who feel the need to spend all day shitflinging in a general dedicated to a childrens franchise.

Tails is Sonic's sidekick. Knuckles is Sonic's rival. Their own abilities is defined by Sonic's.

Come on everyone I can make you all happy right?

Attached: Sonic_Advance_4.jpg (388x130, 18K)

Unlike your real life pet.
Fucking kek. Mania is all classic Sonic, all the time. Don't delude yourself otherwise.

Heard we got a sonic mania expansion lads

What's the deets, are we hype?

Attached: 1521487164277.jpg (618x570, 28K)

I wasn't arguing that all his arcs were good, just that SWC shouldn't be treated as a single arc.

>Only people that should stop posting are the autists who feel the need to spend all day posting in a general dedicated to a childrens franchise.
ftfy

what would be gameplay even be?

Fuck no. What an awful idea.

That wasn't me. Tails teaching Sonic the Spin Dash was an american thing. In Japanese canon, if we include Tails' Adventure, Tails learned the spin dash on his own before meeting Sonic, while Sonic learned the spin dash on his own in Sonic CD, but Tails mastered it quicker than Sonic did because Tails could use it in the air and everything.

Yes. Thankfully Sega is focusing on their only good game in 20 years instead of Forcing more modern Sonic into the franchise.

already came out

Attached: 250px-S4,EP1_boxart.png (250x299, 128K)

Advance 3's partner gimmick but it doesn't change your abilities.
Character handling is based off of Mania.

A straight line into a spring which propels you up into a ceiling of spikes, the momentum of the knockback throwing you into a bottomless pit.

>2 new characters
>encore mode
i was hoping for new zones but i like what it is anyway

It was only that bad in Sonic 4 and in the end game.

What is this?

>Mighty and ray with unique abilities
>"Encore" mode which is like some sort of New Game Plus but we don't know anything
>Four player Competitive mode but I don't have any friends so that means nothing

I'm fairly excited but I'd rather take online multiplayer for competitive instead of just four player.

No one would complain if it was made by the Mania team.

I wonder what compels the Sonic fanbase to act the way it does. How can the kids that follow this franchise be more mature than the "adults" that follows the series?

Chao Raising is just the best.

Attached: hmm.png (145x136, 39K)

What was the last Sonic related video you watched?

youtube.com/watch?v=4ep1vL1muuU

>still no online competitive

Attached: 1492221001607.png (355x369, 107K)

Now kick him.

I love Chao raising. Now I understand why people want it to come back so much.

It's just Shadowfags acting edgy and classicucks being jerks.

Glad you enjoy Chao Raising, it's a lot of fun. I've gotten a lot of playtime out of SA2 through it, what with the Chaos Drives and Animals encouraging you to explore and replay the levels, and the fact that there's so many missions and ranks to begin with.

SADX unfortunately hasn't aged well enough for me to really play it even for its Chao Garden in my opinion, but either way it's a great feature and I'd love to see it return.

Just let there be an SA2/SA2:B port to the Switch and I'll be content in terms of Chao raising.

Please watch the Sonic livestreams. The masked man appeared in the last one, and it is likely teasing news for the racing game on the 22nd.

The countdown itself is for another event on the same day. The event is a presentation at GDC by Ohshima and Yasuhara about Sonic.

There will be nothing but disappointment. Please heed my warning this time.

Attached: gdc_logo.jpg (646x224, 15K)