Going to war over this

>going to war over this

What the fuck was wrong with people?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palapa_oath
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What about going to war over money, power and influence that one gets from dominating such a large market as the spice one?

You would have too if you had half a brain.

I already went twice.

The Spice extends life. The Spice expands consciousness. The Spice is vital to space travel.

How is this different than Oil?

>this filthy pleb doesn't have raw black peppercorns in his pantry
>this lowly peasant doesn't even use saffron to season his buffalo wings

>not going to war over that
you must be white, OP

It's not about the spices. It''s about the trading of the spices.

>CHOAM literally believes this
LMAO

Sometimes its really just about the spices:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palapa_oath

People didn't go to war over tasting spices. They went to war over securing trade routes

>Starting shit

When the Superior Military comes in and asks you for SPice, you give them spice. If not, the resulting tragedies are your fault

Native warlords wanted to loot and attack innocent European merchants. They were little different from regular criminals.

I know, I'm just saying that one guy must have been pretty motivated by wanting to actually taste spices.

>going to war over fucking fossils

>Opium Wars
>UK merchants: the big bad China won't let us sell them Opium that is objectively destroying their work force, culture and was already illegal
>UK: How dare you don't let our merchant exchange that harmful stuff instead of gold for tea, we are going to attack you and take Hong Kong

It's as if Mexico invaded USA for the War on Drugs.

If Mexico was 5 times more powerful than the US they probably would

I want her to worship my sandworm.

Eat all your foods with no spices from now on. And after a month tell me you wouldn't kill s man for some taste

It wasn't really about the Opium. It was the fact that China raided British ships despite an existing treaty to not do that. Really, it was just an excuse to open the ports.

The stuff was pretty valuable desu.

the spice must flow

Their meat was rotten and tasted like shit because no refrigeration so spices were a huge quality of life increase
Same reason people drank booze or tea, well water often tastes like shit and has lots of patgogens

>going to war over this

What the fuck was wrong with people?

He who controls the spice, controls the universe user.

kek

No. He was motivated by how much fucking money he could make selling that shit.

Just follow the money. Every. Single. Time.

Follow the money.

i want to be oil