Stacking PM

Anyone here stack or do you guys all just speculate on cryptos?

good luck selling your pieces of metal in a few years

I usually buy 30k of cheap coins

Does silver have any industrial usage?

Why not get gold my dude?

i have a bunch of the scottsdale rounds
they're kind of fun, but it seems a bit silly really.

PV cells need silver albeit less and less by year. PV cells are growing fast however.

Fair nuff, just needed to know if I ever start buying metal.

I hold 10k in gold and silver. About 15% of my total assets.

Silver is primarialy an industrial metal.

Used in all sorts of electronics, needles, solar panels, etc.

$10k in Silver, really missed the boat on Crypto will buy some if it has a nice correction but at the current prices I'm just going to keep stacking silver for a while before swapping.

>vague threat
What did he meme by this?

ur fuckin dead kiddo

been selling mine off, it's been a shit investment for the past like 6 years

> selling assets when they go down in price
We are the 99%!

> selling an asset that's at a discount to it's 1980 price
We are the 99%!

> selling an asset once the price bottoms out and several factors are putting upward pressure on its fundamentals
We are the 99%!

> Crystalizing losses ever without a really good plan B to swap into
WE ARE THE 99%!!

Jews got this market in their pocket. You are buying useless metals.

t. I currently hold $20k in gold and silver that no one wants to buy. They all want huge below spot prices and fees.

>Useless metals
>Required in most electronics, demand is far higher than production, most silver ends up in landfills instead of being recycled, prices are being artificially pushed down by paper market

oh holy science tells us that silver is the most electrically conductive metal known to man.

i personally prefer gold to silver, just because of the convenience in weight. a few ounces of gold are worth several pounds of silver.

In 3-5 years material companies like 3M will come out with a synthetic super electricity conductor.

By then it's too late for you to sell.

I live in one of the biggest silver mining towns in the US. So big that we crashed the silver market in 1896 destroying our own local economy and doing ugly things to the world silver markets. As I recall we played an important part in the US going off the silver standard for a number of decades.

The funny thing is when we crashed the market and closed up our silver mines we left billions of dollars worth of the shit in the ground.

The reason we did this is very simple. Back in the 1890's a dollar was an ounce of silver and it was also the average wage for a day in the US. Think about that for a second- the average wage for a day's work was one ounce of silver. What's the average wage for a day in the US now? $80? $120? What's that, 5 ounces of silver? Maybe 7? We don't mine it because it's worth 1/5th to 1/10th of what it was worth when we mined it before. It simply isn't worth it, americans miners make far too much money to mine silver using conventional underground methods.

it's not rare, we aren't close to running out of it. We can produce millions of tons at the drop of a hat. All we need is for prices to go above $100/oz and stay there. Of course that won't happen, because as I said it's not rare and thousands of mines produce it at pennies an ounce.

I don't buy physical metals because I understand there price is speculative as well. The markets are strictly controlled and in real life supply far outstrips actual demand.

> in real life supply far outstrips actual demand

Except this is the 4th year in a row of a physical deficit, dumping scrap stopped 2 years ago and the only thing inflating supply is the paper market which has no bearing on industrial supply which is why the premium is so far above spot.

is silver a meme I have like 25 pounds of it and it's starting to get heavy
I've been buying gold lately, have 2 of these 20 peso coins in the mail

Why not just buy 100oz bullion silver bars? Seems more cost effective and in a real currency collapse you're not going to use PM as currency anyway, you're going to use it to buy some other currency and a plane ticket out of the smoldering wreck of your former homeland.

I'm not talking about price.

I'm saying we're sitting on billions of tons of mineable silver that won't be going anywhere because demand hasn't driven the price to a point where it's worth mining.

Most of the US silver production at least is just byproduct from mining copper and other base metals. As long as that's going on it's simply not worth ramping up silver mining. There's no money in it.

To reiterate- when silver goes above $100/oz we can and will flood the market with millions of tons of the stuff. It's not rare. It's just not worth mining at current values and wages.

Yup, I knew this as well. Silver is a fool's assest, waiting for a specific type of doomsday or recession scenario.

Ain't gonna happen.

Yeah, I don't get owning silver. It's priced correctly to gold, but more difficult to store and move. That said, neither silver nor gold has much utility. The world will go to war over copper. We need it for everything and we are going to run out.

I stack silver but have started to move to gold. Gold is easier to hide in your ass and take an international flight.
Now i realize a phys. btc wallet is also easy to hide in ass and can hold more $

Silver is in just about everything electronics and is branching to power/medical/clothing/etc...

Commercial/industrial us alone is pretty much taking up 90%+ demand of all silver mined in a year. Nice part is no one recycles it. Just gets trashed and thrown into dumps and ocean.

If comex wasn't shorted to all hell by the gov't and bank contracts, silver would be much higher.

just started my dude