So is crypto basically the market for all the runescape neets to merchant with real life money...

So is crypto basically the market for all the runescape neets to merchant with real life money? Sure seems like it to me. Wonder how many other people here used to play

Other urls found in this thread:

rsplayers.wikia.com/wiki/TheStory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I kid you not, runescape has raised the next generation of traders. Merchanting clans in the early days of the GE are the same thing as pump and dumps. Merchanting in the old days, before the GE, is similar to arbitrage.

>comes to crypto containment board
>talks shit about crypto
If you retards put half as much effort into crypto as you did bitching about it, you could quit your job next month.

how am i talking shit im just trying to see if anyone else here got into trading crypto because they were skilled merchants that ruled the grand exchange

Oh and flipping in rs is kinda similar to Scalping

I'm sorry but I'm just so tired of hiding pointless threads. I never played but judging by your pic and what little I know about the game, you're probably right.

Runescape taught me so much about markets & human nature, you're completely correct

I'd bet most people here have either lost money on these memecoins, or made less than $1000 from them.

Runescape taught me literally everything useful that I know about society and the world.

I lived a thousand lifetimes in the few years I played that magical game at its peak. I'm still in awe when I think back on all the strange adventures, hilarious conversations, and months of work and patience that went into being successful at that game.

From the early days of being scammed out of my precious Black(g) to the days out hustling on the corner in Edgeville, waiting for niggas to lure and rob, all the way to massive merchanting clans until I could finally afford a yellow partyhat, my retirement crown.

That game was life itself under a microscope, I swear to God man.

I bet every single decent person here was deep into it.

All financial markets are just as big a meme as rs, I was shocked by that initially

I didn't as for these feels

>tfw someone from the other side of the globe actually trusted you with a white party hat
>you never saw them again

Fuck.

I got into stocks & commodities because of my success merching & flipping on the g/e & varrock bank.

I made about 65% last year. I've been training for this since I was 11 years old flipping Yew logs.

Same here I was hooked on this game the moment I discovered it in 4th grade. Made my account when it was still only in 2d, and played for so many years. I was super deep into it and learned so much about avoiding scams and basically just how to survive in a world where everyone else was trying to take advantage of you.
Runescape definitely separated the weak from the strong

Indeed friend. Modern lures prey on people's greed. They almost perfectly mirror common sales & marketing tactics.

i still cant believe i actually owned a partyhat at one point. it was purple and worth about 100 mil. Sold it at 400 mil and don't even want to see how much its worth now. Probably could've gotten a nice amount of cash for it if I kept it until today

>Those gainz
Which coin is that I wanna buy

I bought my first purple for 1B. The funny thing is that I was too bluepilled to RWT at the time, made a few bill and spent it on buyable skills.

If only kept up the hustle and sold my gold when I was clearing 200M-300M a week dicing, I'd have so much extra money.

lad...

Jagex has been getting really good at banning RWTers. You would have lost sooner than you think.

gotta be worth even more now since thats just the max amount of gold you can have.... fuuuaark

I dont know what a runscape is, and dont feel like using the google machine, but I would guess you are right.

Video games are looked on by the outside world with so much confusion. They think people are going to be a mass murderer because they play call of duty, yet I see very few college girls trying to become farmers after playing years of farmville on facebook.

That said, I believe all games for the most point, at least subconciously teach you about other people and help you in the real world.

Is oldschool still good for GE marketing? I have an account there but it's probably only got a few mil, never played much on it.
I remember doing barrows runs for nostalgia when it came out. Good times.

Back then it was really easy to move money, though.

It's actually more than that, Max cash stack is 2.1b so you can't even buy them on the exchange anymore, you need to find someone on the forums and exchange items (usually summoning shards because constant price and liquidity) for it. Purple phat is 4.6b I just checked the discontnued item status on forums

I flipped 3 mil to about 300 mil in a couple months. You can abuse the huge margins between the buy and sell prices in runescape so easy.

Its easy as fuck. Look up tutorials on flipping.

Nah G/E is dominated by merchanting bots that use public databases at the moment. Every time there is an item with a decent margin, bots will drive it down.

Most of the money I made from flipping on OldSchool was from arbitrage from similar items. For example, one method I did was poisoning dragon arrows and reselling them as p++ for a massive markup.

holy shit i wonder how much 1 mil costs now.

About $.90 - $1.10 on Oldschool RS. On RS3 it's probably like 10 cents or something worthless. Accounts get banned very quick now though, so it's much harder to goldfarm/RWT effectively.

Yeah pretty much. I tired to explain it to my friend who didn't get it and compared it to Path of Exile. People use chaos orbs and exalted orbs to trade for gear and shit on there and there are even exchanges like poe.trade

Crypto, ecommerce, etc. are the future.

Mfw when I dominated the sale of the god books on world 2 for over a year. If you bought a god book page on world 2 in the year of our lord 2005 then chances are you bought from Melon Man7.

Made about 700k an hour.

pretty sure i got 99 str fighting dagganoths which i think is where the god books came from. damn these memories are causing familiar feels

master known manip on runescape that acquired over 200b in a year through manipulating rares. so i guess you could say its true
rsplayers.wikia.com/wiki/TheStory

I still play old school.
Runescape will teach you everything you need to know about the economy.

>tfw you can't play real life in ironman mode

I used to merch all the time on runescape. I Honestly learned so many valuable lessons from that game without taking any real life loss. I'm really glad I wasted my childhood with it.

Fucking pleb

I led a dice clan. When they removed dice I made a dice bot that worked through chat, and I rigged it so that when people I hated bet big I would sneak my chance of a win over to 90%

I made over $10k selling it all

Played since 2004 and still playing, it somehow just doesn't lose its magic and you can just combine it with study or whatever because its so low-activity if you want it to.

My third parent desu senpai

Old RS was the funnest game ever.

Literally me right now,

Bitches just GAVE me free shit. I gave this back tho cuz clan reputation and stuff.

Oops wrong picture.

I remember hacking fags like you.

Shit was cash.

I know that feel

I trusted my friend with a green. Other friends trusted me with phats. Now I don't talk to them anymore

>tfw 10 year old me would rush through my morning preparations just to squeeze in 10 mins of runescape before elementary school

sucks I quit playing just as they revamped the game and the market came out. they killed the wild though, which was the main reason I played

it is for me

bruh yes this

i have zero regret playing this game

what i also realised is that merchanters made the most money of all the people in that game

i compared cutting yews/fishing lobs etc to blue collar waggie jobs

bossing and high level skilling (rcing nats) could be considered white collar since you needed some sort of skill/degree

but the real money was made by merchanters

>used to run a business
>would run around the noob areas looking for skillers who didn't know or care about prices
>"employ" them, tell them to add me and pm me whenever they have X,000 of some gathering resource, then I would give them a price and go to meet them wherever they were skilling
>eventually had hundreds of people skilling for me at any one time
>would constantly get PMed to go and buy shit
>had to hire friends as runners for me and split the margin with them just so I could play the game normally
>also some of them ran businesses of their own and sold me their items in bulk for a nice discount
Ended up making 200m from this. This being back when blue phats were like 400-500m

I was playing tibia at that time giving noobs "free potions" that were poison and looting their corpses when I wasn't playing the market but let's be real you can find the same dynamics and cutthroat spirit in pretty much every old mmo from that period even Ultima Online.

I used to play it back in 2006 (never got the easter ring though)
then i quit somewhere in 2008 like 2 months before they even removed PvP. I just didn't like RS, the way it felt, the way it moved, the way it loaded.

I lurked in the game, but only for the revenants and finally being able to explore the wilderness without getting mauled.

I came back when the economy was collapsing and inflating.
People were paying 200gp each for cabbages.
I then started farming zamorak wine and limpwurt roots, grapes too. Before this I didn't know how to farm. I was a poorfag cutting yew logs, which sucked ass at profits. You could barely make 300k a week compared to 5 mil a week.

But I never flipped, never really farmed, I was just a humble social player who didn't farm for xp.

If I ever get back into it then I'm definitely buying a full maxed RS account and only for the classic 2005 game.

Before RS I used to play Dungeon Siege 1.

Old school black(g) was my favourite armour, I prefer it over Saradomin. Even if black (g) has the normal stats of a black armor meant for lvl 10 defence.
I wish I had gotten more into it rather than just lurking on the side. I wasn't a very active and smart player.
So I never got into pvp properly, scams properly, gambling, clans, etc. yeah I never got into a clan now to think about it.
I simply leveled too slow and made the cash too slow to be able to play it to its full extent.

Runescape had an userbase so shitty it rivals Warcraft and League. Which made finding trustworthy and decent people in it all the more challenging and satisfying.
Mostly because it was a game meant to make you play like a cheater and Fagex's obsessive compulsion with rules didn't encourage players to be nice.

It felt like I was playing Ed Edd Eddy.

>tfw wasted a whole summer as an "employee" that smelted iron and coal into steel bars in exchange for gp

All dat time spent buying unids trying to get the ranarrs. I quit before GE so had to hop into world 1/2 to sell my shit.

>catherby chat