/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Best girl edition

>Monster Hunter: World
[3/21] Deviljho and weapon rebalancing in update 2.00 - capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2018/03/21/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Attached: 1521622573875.jpg (2480x3507, 3.92M)

have a good hunt anons

how is that pedo at all

I fucking love lolis

Good OP

Any rooms?

Xbox One /mhg/ squad is open and recruiting! Will post this thrice a thread! Session ID: 6tMBxznap3Cp
Join for tempered hunts, the /mhg/ squad, arena quests, arm wrestling and more!!
>inb4 "lol no one joins"
Probably right. Just trying to fill the /mhg/ squad to start having squad sessions open

Where are the rooms man I want to hunt monsters with people that do not suck

Attached: woud not steal.png (500x500, 86K)

Focus needed for SnS or no?

So is HH worth using finally? Between the buff (and I'm not sure exactly how buffed) and the jho horn being added it definitely has to be a bit better right?

Attached: Bulking up.webm (770x552, 1.56M)

the gang's all here

Attached: 67779290_p0_master1200.jpg (2455x1736, 1.89M)

>Rathian
>Pink Rathian
>Black Diablos
>Vaal Hazak
>Lunastra
What other monsters are canonically female?

If you're not playing it for fun, why bother

Is Divine Slasher still good with only handicraft+3? Or is +5 mandatory?

Gammoth

Gammoth. Not exclusively, but all of the ones you fight in the game are.

Create one and I'll join.

Because it isn't a lot of fun to do no damage and make hunts longer

Kirin loli where

Attached: 03349.jpg (1288x938, 141K)

Where's kirin?

She's an annoying bitch so they didn't invite her.

How do I go about practicing a new weapon? Seems like a bad idea to rush into Elder Dragons with a weapon I don't understand.

Training area and then an easy hunt

Just use the training area or low rank monsters. Why do you even need to ask for something like this?

What are the best skills for a Hammer build? Slugger any good?

Also anyone have that image of Geuse and Jho pressing their tits together? I need it

Attached: fa0f58ddd3c52d866445c5e99995dc7f.png (828x1169, 1.49M)

Dumbass, if it's a bad idea to fight a dragon with an unfamiliar weapon why not use it on some shitter like a Great Jagras to test it out first

Try out the training area and arena.

who?

I miss flinch free.

Attached: 28954283_10215700325963918_7238478830133583144_o.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

Attack, WE, Critical boost, Max Might, Agitator, Handi if weapon has white sharpness, Affinity Sliding if you use the rolly Polly meme often, Slugger is only good on solo but now after the update it might be viable in multi?? Not sure

That depends. You aren't some faggot afraid of failure are you?

you're mostly missing focus actually

>no focus
>caring about flinch free

Wow m8 ur trash

Attached: 63141926_p0.png (800x800, 226K)

Is Jyuratodus harder than lavasioth?

I love catlolis

How common is solo hunting? I keep carting to HR3 Gore Magala in XX and am considering going online for it.

Run solo investigations and die until you git gud

Literally and figuratively, no.

Are you afraid mummy will look over your shoulder and see?

Should I let the Fap room die?

Attached: 1494039103481.png (284x284, 13K)

Then make one you leeching piece of shit.

>Vaal Hazak
source

So lavasioth is harder?

no idiot

What tier should I be fighting to get handicraft jewels?

dont be a shitter

Do whatever you'd like. MH is a multiplayer game despite what some autists here will tell you.

Attached: MHXX-Massacre_Demon_Diablos_Render_001.png (784x624, 630K)

I solohunt exclusively because [/spoiler]i'm too embarrassed to go online[/spoiler].

Just keep trying user, it feels good once you learn a monster and can beat him up.

ur mum

NO!

Yes.

FINE

Can I have your blessing now, anons?

Attached: 29496999_10215700450447030_6940416918715394692_n.jpg (960x540, 110K)

i'm also embarrassed because of my spoiler tags

I'd gear down for that if you wanted to post a room

Everyone on /mhg/ says that, but how? My armor and weapon are up to date, yet I keep carting to this guy's purple balls of death. For reference, I'm using the jaggi/bulldrome mix set and brave gunlance.
It's just frustrating, you know? Carting over and over to an enemy. Feels fucking bad, man.
I definitely feel you, user. Any tips for a solo hunter?

I solo hunt because I'm too good at the game. I've never been in a multiplayer online hunt that ended faster than my solo times.

>embarrassed o an anonymous image board
ctrl+s holy shit

>level 1
lmao

What skills are good for switch axe in XX? Does artillery affect discharges in this one?

motivate me to pick up World again /mhg/

here come my blessing *unzip dick*

Lavasioth is annoying and bits fairly hard. It spends a good deal of the fight swimming in lava so you can't do shirt, and pips up to lob laser accurate balls of lava at you. If you roll dodge too soon it'll spit one where you are going to end up. If you have a shield it'll spit one just behind you so the splash damage bits you, sets you on fire, and will knock you forward into the next one it spits. It'll swim around making the area it moved through lava, so now you take constant chip damage while trying to melee it. Then the hardening, your weapons will bounce off. You can soften the armor with a torch pod, but once it's broken it won't take crit damage anymore, so eventually you are just plinking away with white damage. And most annoying, when you are fighting it, expect to be attacked from behind by an azure rathalos fireball, uragaan roll, or a bazel bombing run at least twice, often at least once by each monster, with very little area to dodge in since the places it fights in are small and surrounded by lava.

I appreciate the offer, but it's getting late here and have errands to run. If I'm still stuck, I'll post here again.

You're anonymous, no reason to take anything personally or to heart. Highlight something and ctrl+S

>lv1 focus
why even bother

I'd say 3 is fine but only if you have protective polish

Either try a different weapon or git better at blocking/braving his balls
Gore's attacks are very telegraphed, learn the tells.

The ones that reload your sword and make it stronger

YOU"RE PROOFS!?!@?!

Attached: 1500917692280.gif (500x246, 528K)

Wow, just use a weapon with a shield and hit his head you'll never bounce and you'll only be hit by it's fireballs if you are fucking blind.

literally how? are you exaggerating? i find that hard to believe.

it was a joke and i can't ctrl + s on my phone

>Any tips?
If you don't want to learn the monster for yourself, looking up TAs can teach you a lot about a monster. Patterns, positioning, and places to aim for and whatnot.

Try weapons you've never used before.

>join a SOS for flying squirrel
>two nerds cart at the same time when lightning squirrel slams down onto them
>manage to do a decent job fighting it
>chase it to a nest
>get stunned
>it slams me and I cart
I'm sorry

Attached: 1403357097465.png (568x278, 164K)

I can't help but feel like the most hated guy when I play Hunting Horn. I always rock out with my cock out bashing monsters' head in, but I still feel like they see me as useless.

>phoneposting
Okay now you can be embarrassed

Didn't really seem like a joke but alright, whatever you say.

S-shut up.

>phoneposting
HAHAHA

A god like me need not prove itself to mere mortals like you.

Because I'm too good.

Solo hunt monsters have less health so if you're very good you can do it way faster than in multiplayer. He speaks the truth I ran over most of the content. (except Kirin) with a bow, and did all clear times sub 10 minutes. As soon as I started going online and helping people the times climbed to about 15 minutes, even with what I would consider a decent team. If they didn't triple cart everything.

Thanks user. Just curious, but how far are you into the game as solo player? If I'm struggling with HR3 monsters already, that's a bad sign, right?

Figured I'd try out LBG and HBG. What are the must have ones?

>sub 10 minutes
Nigga, people who brag about being good like that clear it in sub 5.

We're talking about XX, though.

Depends on which ammo type you want to run with each. Have you tried the basic ones in the training area and have an idea how you want to play them? Normal shots, elemental, shotgun, pierce?

>did all clear times sub 10 minutes
that's cute user

Yeah I haven't ever touched anything yet. So maybe I'll play around with the default ones and get a feel for things before I approach things further like you said. Shotgunning sounds nice though, I can at least say that much.

>Have started seeing a few more Horns around in SOS
Is it their time?

I did it for you

Attached: 1517810162251.jpg (803x711, 66K)

I hate being the second HH player on a team

Nerg has a fun hbg shotgun
Odogaron has a fun lbg shotgun
I'm told the Jyura is pretty good but I've yet to use it because it uses the base model and I cant be doing with that.

Other fun Hbg's are the Legia Shattercyst for pierce and the Zorah for cluster spam.

it's the hipster's weapon, so it's getting more popular because it's "unpopular"

I greatly appreciate the information! I'll start by making the Nerg HBG since I'm a sucker for for his stuff. For LBG I suppose I'll go ahead and make the Odo one while I'm at it and just play around. Thanks again user!

I'm at the end of G-rank farming for my final sets and weapons. I've done almost everything in the game except supers. The first time(s) you're fighting a monster (that isn't a Great Jaggi or something obviously) you'll probably get smacked around a bit, there's nothing wrong with that. I think Gore beat me up in 4U when I picked that up after a few years away from the series as well.

Second horn brings Nerg horn and plays Earplug L and Affinity up to complement the main horns Attack Up

Don't use spread 1 on doggo lbg. Stick to normal 2 RF only.