/ink/ - Splatoon General

Anemone Edition

Previous thread: Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Splatoon 2 Map Schedules: splatoon2.ink/
Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

>News
New weapon: Zink Mini Splatling releases tonight! Sub: Curling Bomb; Special: Ink Storm
Next JP Splatfest is Latest Model vs. Popular Model (sponsored by Nike)! 2018-03-24 06:00 UTC - 2018-03-25 06:00 UTC

>Wiki
splatoonwiki.org/

>Patch notes
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

>S2 gear & weapon lists (contains unreleased weapons)
leanny.github.io/splat2/
leanny.github.io/splat2/newgear.html

>Loadout planner with weapons, gear, abilities, and stat calculations
loadout.ink/

>List of possible main abilities for gear from Splatnet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ip1HahYq8DRZRgSEXoRqa915aThLXPb79AFF91HCe4/edit#gid=0

>League weapon usage data
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k78z_Nz7xDXcSSK5lCtNMKwNE0tRea_vHf6cavl8KLI/edit#gid=255836450

>Add your FC to the list of FC below:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

>List of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Attached: 1521687375126.png (680x812, 710K)

Other urls found in this thread:

splatoon.nintendo.com/squid-sisters-stories/
splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/172078173592/once-you-meet-a-certain-condition-after-the-v30
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WnSDbSja9lar_VHZ89r_ix2mFk1KYsony2k71xtZDBc/edit#gid=0
youtube.com/watch?v=gvyN7dfrbAk&feature=youtu.be&t=4m50s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Blasters are actually pretty fair and balanced.

When is Custom Hydra

Attached: 52428525_p7.png (900x684, 193K)

anyone else here ever shamelessly clone someone else's fashion from a screenshot/fanart? a part of me feels slightly guilty, but the other part feels really satisfied with how well it looks

BUH BUH BUH BUWASTERSSSSSSS

I love X-chan!

Do you, user. Nobody owns any one set.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p5z1alOgQ21tk56vn_raw.png (692x585, 121K)

Would be, if inkers and long-range weapons were as good as blasters in this game.

Marie is handsome!

Attached: 1454150169275.jpg (800x1129, 252K)

slosher need a big, big buff

Marie gave me some with her hand

Attached: 7C5BC24D-19AA-41F7-B3BD-5E51A24AC137.jpg (700x944, 109K)

Slosher by itself was shit even in 1, but it was saved by its kits that made it usable. Slow, inefficient, not particularly good at inking.

That is very inappropriate. Apologize right now.

Attached: 1454125194946.jpg (2480x3508, 2.76M)

goodnight ink

Attached: 44BEDC79-5CD2-46B4-A9C4-CEC756D0BD01.png (412x648, 236K)

Piss off

Need more pictures of sad idols.

Attached: 908706389274501120_DJxfoUzUEAAS9xV.jpg (2048x2016, 451K)

Attached: 1450309157235.jpg (638x1166, 198K)

Callie is always sad. Her smile is a ruse.

Attached: 1452314396668.jpg (1200x1200, 295K)

so she jokes all the time to try to keep the sadness at bay. i can relate.

Attached: 910155842439102464_DKGF5rkV4AAaNdJ.jpg (2048x1966, 415K)

This is a face of crippling depression and pain.

Attached: 1450594339865.jpg (768x1024, 671K)

Did they make Callie the one to "turn evil" because she lost the last Splatfest, or for a more practical reason?
Like I can't imagine she'd be able to take care of things herself the way that Marie did, she's not that responsible
And also it would mean she'd have to remove 'evil Marie's' glasses by smacking her across the face with a Roller, which would probably make the scene unintentionally hilarious

Sorrow!

Attached: image.jpg (1129x652, 61K)

>this shit instead of sorella or foil squeezer
fuck off nintendo

Attached: DY9ynjJV4AA1zt0.jpg (1024x576, 36K)

Read the Squid Sisters Stories, user.
splatoon.nintendo.com/squid-sisters-stories/

Attached: 65997457_p0.png (1905x2000, 1.57M)

That seems to be the case although I've never seen it explicitly stated. The recent GDC conference referenced the "effects of the final Splatfest on Splatoon 2's story." I don't know what was actually said about it. Your theory makes more sense imo. Either way it was a careless and stupid decision and they half-assed it too.

Callie is an octo sympathiser. She also knows that her singing can lead octarians. So she went there to help them revolt against inkling oppression, grabbed Octavio
, zapfush and some weapon blueprints on her way there, and when it all folded made up "muh mind control" to still be welcome in Inkopolis. Baisicallie, she betrayed both sides.

Callie won't even return to Inkopolis because her fans are too obsessive, according to NoA at least.

splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/172078173592/once-you-meet-a-certain-condition-after-the-v30
>Once you meet a certain condition after the V.3.0 update, Callie of the Squid Sisters will appear in Tentakeel Outpost in Octo Canyon. Given how famous the Squid Sisters are in the Inkling world, this must be a good place to avoid being mobbed by fans. Callie will also offer recent news about Agent 4.

>shit umbrella
>shit forge
feck off m8, we finally have an actually good inker.

>He needs a crutching bomb to ink
shitter

Well okay, to not get jailed, her reputation tarnished and her relationship with Marie destroyed.

>best inking main
>best inking sub
>second best inking special
The only way to go against bwaster invasion.

>best inking sub
Not needed with the main, while mini needs a way to counter someone who slips close which is a burst bomb. Burst bomb also helps with climbing small ledges.
>second best inking special
Nice bait, rain doesn't ink shit
>The only way to go against bwaster invasion.
H3D exists for that, best answer to blaster and roller menace

No it doesn't, all buckets need to go aerospray

With curl it can reposition much faster, since splatlings naturally suck at mobility. Small ledges can be done not much slower with a partial charge.
>H3D
Why not have both? Nothing wrong with some variety.

Its that time again folks!
NAME!
YOUR!
CRUTCH!
Name the main, sub, special and BONUS:ABILITY that you think are very crutchy and why.
I'll start!
>buckets, especially the sloshing machine
Massive reach, disjointed as fuck hitbox, two hit splat and a fastish fire rate appeals to braindead "hang back and throw in the general direction if enemies/objective and win game" mentality.
>chicken bomb I forget the name
While on paper its a mildly annoying sub thats easily avoided, take into account the retardation of the average splat player who will swim backwards away from the bomb 500 miles with the bomb following them 500 more just to be the squid that gets popped 1000 miles away from THE FUCKING OBJECTIVE JUST SWIM PAST IT YOU DAFT CUNTS.
>THE SPLASHDOWN
very few specials in the game offer as much universal viability as the panicdown does. IT TURF'S. IT KILLS. IT OFFERS ARMOR FOR A COUPLE OF FRAMES LMAO. Its a special that's really strong, and made crutchy by the retardation of the average splat player.
>ninja squid
An ability that automatically does an in game mechanic that can be done manually is literally the crutchiest thing I can think of :/

Attached: sometimes_i_m_mad_by_crowtesque-d8l0qhc.jpg (755x1057, 131K)

Nothing deserves to go Aerospray, not even Aerospray. The only weapon that is allowed to remain trash is Sploosh because I see no way to actually make it good. Even shit like Inkbrush and Clash can be decent if buffed enough.

>buckets
>fast

>play squid mom poster in random queue
Always makes the playerbase feel small when I recognize people. She actually wasn't too bad. I only bullied her a little.

>Nothing deserves to go Aerospray
Half the weapons do
>no way to actually make it good
Give it some range and less overspray maybe
>Clash
Is decent enough, would be better when neo releases

Clash ranges from decent to annoying. For some retarded reason, they gave it a bigger blast radius than even the normal blasters.

>half the weapons do
If they suck they have no reason to exist. And if they don't, we will have shooter hell. Variety is important.
>give it some range
So... Make it Aerospray/Jr?
>decent enough
Literally Luna except shit.

>Literally Luna
No it's not, luna is a big blaster variant while clash is small blaster variant

Luna splats twice as fast both with directs and indirects. What does Clash offer in return?

>while clash is small blaster variant
With none of the benefits of either Rapid aside from fire rate.

As long as the Clash lands at least 1 direct, it'll kill faster than the Luna's indirects.

Bigger fire rate and bigger explosion, rapid can't force people out as effectively as clash

Luna direct: 12 frames
Luna indirects: 30 frames
Clash directs: 20 frames
Clash direct+2 indirects: 40 frames
Clash 4 indirects: 60 frames

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WnSDbSja9lar_VHZ89r_ix2mFk1KYsony2k71xtZDBc/edit#gid=0
That's not what I'm seeing here.

Rapid splats faster with pure indirects. And faster with direct-indirect. RPro matches Clash's indirects but still outdoes it in direct-indirect. Moreover, Rapid can spark instead of blasting after a direct, Clash's sparks are useless.

Is empathy autism a thing because looking at people crying or drawings of characters crying makes me fill up with tears

It's normal to feel sorry for others.

I know that but I go so far as to fill up with tears for strangers, looking at them I feel as though I almost feel as bad as they do even if I don't know why..

from what i gather the lack of empathy is an autistic trait.

Oh nice, who compiled this?

Yeah I know that but I mean I'm a little extreme when it comes to empathy

Attached: 1492293748459.png (771x113, 6K)

Just a pussy

Attached: 1384384429491.gif (200x183, 428K)

I ain't a pussy, I just care too much about things. I'm a big guy, I work out and have a nice and thick lumberjack beard but I can't control these feelings.

>have a nice and thick lumberjack beard
pussy and gay

Who cares kek.

Attached: 1491764190817.png (560x407, 6K)

If multiplayer hero weapons are just normal weapons with shiny paintjob how come there's no scoped hero charger?

>Sill no Tri-Slosher Nouveau

Attached: 1521420274401.jpg (663x579, 38K)

I kinda want one too, but it makes sense that they stick to the actual ones in single player.

I'm octoing my squid at the earliest opportunity with no regrets.

I cannot find a single thing on this post I disagree with, though I think most Sloshers are okay, fuck the SloshMo though.
Though not a crutch, I fucking hate Humpback Pump Track because all the bullshit weapons like the Octobrush, Buckets and Bwasters are extremely effective there. It's such a hellish map to navigate and it's so easy to find yourself stuck in a deathpit, god forbid if someone Panicdowns, fuck.

>playerbase rage-levels up and starts shooting splashdowns out of the air
>splashdowners start doing it exclusively via superjump

Attached: splashdown charged.webm (1280x720, 1.27M)

This general is cancer and you should be ashamed

Play with me!

I think I love my woomy too much to abandon her

Attached: 1437943778595.jpg (1280x720, 275K)

Cancer

im gonna fuck your woomy
you can watch from the closet though, i dont mind.

Even more cancer

Probably remove your trip if you are going to act like a poofter.

Why is the miiverse nothing but posts about gays?
Just play the game and jack off to pre-teen squids jesus

Report them for inappropriate content.

You think everything is cancer, shitposter-kun
I don't see how just posting my woomy is acting like a poofter. We used to do that all the time in S1 days. Has /ink/ really changed that much?

youtube.com/watch?v=gvyN7dfrbAk&feature=youtu.be&t=4m50s
>attempting to stop a splashdown from spawn
This is good example of a team that's constantly aware of special status though, they're calling out where splashdowns are potentially coming from well before they happen.

S1>S2

Yeah but S2 has umbrellas. I do have a soft spot in my heart for S1 though.

Its actually a proven fact s2 is a bad port

Guess we'll just have to wait on S3 on the New Switch Pro for something more than a side-grade with even less tick rate.
Remember to give your money to Nintendo! And pay for online.

Attached: 1506056078308.jpg (645x773, 56K)

>calling everything easy

Japan gets to spam gg ez but the west gets banned on the spot

S3 will likely be on the nextgen console when nintendo ditches this dumb handheld idea nobody wants or uses

>can't own multiple of the same gear

I can't believe after Splat 1 they kept this shit in the game. Especially with Splatnet and chunks

Attached: Switch Screenshot 2018-03-23 08-40-43.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

I've sort of come around to the whole map rotation thing, but they do make a lot of oddly limiting decisions. Holdover of that animal crossing mentality I guess.

I'm going to abandon mine in favor of an octoling girl. Nothing personal

>abandoning your woomy for an octothot

Attached: 1503971213769.jpg (240x402, 41K)

>implying they wont let you have both a woomy and an octo

It'll be for the best. Woomy will no longer have to suffer in an abusive household, octogirl will take her place.

You misunderstand. I'm turning my woomy INTO an octothot.

>finally learn how to aim
>my face when using the splat charger

Attached: 1509991615322.gif (260x187, 1006K)

Oh so your giving her new hair

What if she doesn't want to be an octothot?

Yeah pretty much.
She has no choice in the matter.

Shave beard then let me cry in front of you

Enjoy your """""freeduhms""""""

a-are you a qt girl

DUDE
WEED
LMAO

Attached: happy stoner.png (421x520, 449K)

>/ink/ is 90% Mexican females