/neog/ - SNK and NeoGeo General

SNK's new online shop is open:
snk-onlineshop.com/

KoF Destiny animated series out now on Steam and SNK's youtube:
store.steampowered.com/app/642890/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_DESTINY/

Latest episode:
youtube.com/watch?v=py6E47fK4RM

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy coming to Switch and PS4!
nintendo.com/games/detail/snk-heroines-tag-team-frenzy-switch
youtube.com/watch?v=-sNP7l71miI
youtube.com/watch?v=5iklbqJuY5E

Najd, the the newcomer from Saudi Arabia, arrives for KOFXIV!
youtu.be/iZTqbfPqvM0

KOF '97 Global Match coming this April!
youtube.com/watch?v=ku5cG1j1sA8

KOFXIV now out on Steam!
store.steampowered.com/app/571260

Get KoF 98 UMOL in English:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ourpalm.kof98.us

New MSA Extra Ops:
youtube.com/watch?v=otDSXICBQmM

KoF Destiny game trailer
youtu.be/kOTUGI-nrDs

New SNK mobage Kimi wa Hero is out (JP only):
snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/

Latest tournament footage:
youtube.com/watch?v=YGDi1iGo5eE
youtube.com/watch?v=Xz3X1imgMTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=I3sOI8wvzuo
youtube.com/watch?v=yOKn3z8cX3I

DandyJ's beginner guide:
youtu.be/Ye3KVgI1LvU

KOFXIV Punish Guide:
youtu.be/AxWvmrQAd9o
Community resources:
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
Search for the "King of Data XIV" app on your mobile device's store!

Discord group:
discord.gg/HYAQYFh

KOFXIV gallery/OST:
pastebin.com/mYwAPcM0

Play older games online on Fightcade. compatible roms DL:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Links for the Steam Artbook
>PDF drive.google.com/open?id=0B2546QRNPRPxb1VyemE5N25kb00
>jpg mediafire.com/file/758z1r4yzo66w54/KOF_XIV_Steam_artbook.rar

Previous Thread

Attached: najd.jpg (1920x1200, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/976911955431710720
taito.co.jp/arc/KOF_B2F
twitter.com/kkryu_k/status/977093662298357761
youtube.com/watch?v=PC2D5jmlo-E&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/uemate/status/977202674578866176
twitter.com/kkryu_k/status/977172290369564672
twitter.com/SNK_KimiHERO/status/977107690458615808
twitter.com/desmond_kof/status/976890481207627778
twitter.com/rre09_/status/977254173724102657
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

New thread when?

Attached: DWaDOC9VAAAcNW8.jpg (1182x1083, 125K)

Shingo when???

Probably not with DLC2. Assuming the trend of two boys and two girls, we're due for a lady to arrive.

Next SNK Heroines character will be revealed April 6!

twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/976911955431710720

Copy/Paste from last thread

Small reminder for those who are interested to check out the Finals/culmination of the Burn2Fight series of XIV arcade version tournaments that have been going on in Japan. If I'm not mistaken it's based on 2 person teams and 26 teams qualified. For those into this kind of stuff M', Kindevu, and Abao will be some of the players there. You can see the teams and characters they've used on the site.

In addition to those Meiten's VA and Max powers will also be there (they were in the WCS). In addition the site mentions a mini live by the SNK sound team. It'll take place once top 8 have been decided. Apparently there will be character themed drinks a the event.

I don't know how much of what I've mentioned will be streamed, but there's a time slot from 14:00 - 20:00 Japan time on the 24th. For reference that's a starting time of 10:00pm pacific on the 23rd.

Twitch stream: /nesicaxlive_official_ch

It seems like it'll be a fun/comfy event. Apparently with the past invitational some people seemed to feel like following SNK related events is hard. This series of tournaments have been going on since early winter I believe and except a couple people I've only seen the Japanese mention it. It's easy to know about these events if one follows SNK's profiles and has google translate if it's in a language one doesn't understand.

Attached: Burn2Fight event.jpg (1280x1200, 435K)

KOF 15 is his time to shine, bring back crits

We don't deserve her.

twitter.com/kkryu_k/status/977093662298357761

Najd lewds when

youtube.com/watch?v=PC2D5jmlo-E&feature=youtu.be

huuum

Can anyone say is really surprising?

Isn't this that XPS model?

Okyou the best Whipfag known to man.

Attached: Blue mary dlc kof14 leaked.png (243x262, 152K)

I think they used this

Attached: blue_mary__kof__custom_model__classic__for_xps_by_cunihinx-dbwxbb3.jpg (2049x1118, 372K)

She's not even out yet user.

And?

>She's not a street fighter char user.
Fixed.

MUH

Attached: DY1PquWUQAEYmA1.jpg:orig.jpg (500x700, 85K)

here

Attached: Najd lewd.jpg (480x360, 11K)

twitter.com/uemate/status/977202674578866176

Attached: DY-364MVAAElYSW.jpg (1000x1414, 257K)

N-NANI?

>Male Ptolemaic OC
The end is near

Attached: clones.png (603x404, 96K)

Attached: heidern knows.png (410x614, 621K)

>male PM OC and special worst PM girl Mira
>PF United Front
I can literally skip this week, there's nothing for me.
A lot of people are happy with Owen but I wonder how many will actually whale for him.

i'm back from work orientation day
that means it'll be today to work on luong domming sylvie

nice to hear

twitter.com/kkryu_k/status/977172290369564672

Is Gang-Il going to rape Meiten?

He isn't even looking to Meiten user.

>Mary is the last DLC character
>Nobody clamoring for her actually plays her
>Instead we'll have to listen to people bitching about no Shermie
Fuck all of this.

>Flash backs to last year
>VANESSA WHEN, WHERE IS VANESSA? YO PUT ROCK IN KOF SNK, I KNOW HE WAS IN MI BUT HE NEEDS TO BE IN THIS IF THEY WANT ME TO MAIN THIS SHIII
>1 week later
>Nothing
>Man where's Blue Mary? I need Rugal-constant retard noises for months and only got louder when more DLC was announced.

Dunno about other FG's, but this seems to be the fate of KOF DLC phases.

i'm no maryfag but
i played mary
in kof97

They got their characters, and surprise: Rock was meh, and Vanessa was F-tier.

i don't know cvs tier lists but rock was pretty low in motw which i did play for a while, so i had trouble understanding what the big deal was about him outside that he looked like a kaworu nagisa wannabe

This is the hype that befalls any new character: despite all the hype and extreme interest, no one is going to play them if they play like shit. This is why all the DLC2 characters need to be really strong out of the gate.

that blue mary shop looks like whip's head recolored onto an edit body

>i don't know cvs tier lists but rock was pretty low in motw which i did play for a while

Rock is shit in MOTW, CVS2 was(like Hibiki's) his 2nd debut in a FG and it wasn't even a SNK game. Anyway he was like mid tier in CVS2(going with what max said, sorry SF players idk about that game either) but that's better than how he was in the game he debut in which was the ONLY game he was playable in before NGBC and MI. Rock's never been an astounding character, that's why Oda-san gave him a little interview talking about how he sucked in his past SNK games and promise to make him not suck. Fast forward to now and Rock is mediocre in XIV. Now that he's finally in KOF he can now be properly overshadowed by Iori Yagami and stay irrelevant.

I was waiting for this. I personally would've went with the meme face he makes before he gets crushed.

Anyone that plays Kimi Hero, can you tell me what the hell Cyber Fox's active skill does?
敵1体 ST強化を解除
Says something about enhancing ST strength? But ST isn't even a stat in the game so I have no idea what it's talking about.

Attached: eventslider02.jpg (600x312, 159K)

My mind is fucking blown. Why didn't any of you point this out?

Attached: 1.png (800x600, 339K)

And this is what it says when I activate it. It says 'buff' something but I dont know what. My japanese is still in progress so I can't even read the kanji that follows.

Attached: 0Fxwdnc.jpg (1240x697, 136K)

>Iori, a musician, is dressed like a musician

who da thunk

Woah

How much money are the Saudis pumping into vidya? Between Shaheen in T7, Rashid in SF5 and now Najd it seems kind of suspicious. I don't think that everyone would just suddenly go "wow we need characters from Saudi Arabia" at the same time.

I do find it pretty unny that Najd is a girl though. WWE's holding a giant show in Saudi Arabia in a few months that won't even have any women on it because the contract between WWE and the Saudis actually stipulates that there can't be any women.

I play her in every game she's in m8 but you're right. And then when DLC Pack 3 comes and we get Shermie it'll be people demanding Jenet and then not using her and then when KoF XV is announced people will demand Hinako and then nobody will play her unless she's overwhelmingly top tier.

I started playing yesterday and I have no idea about status in this game. Sorry user.

i just don't really care who gets in at this point, nobody plays enough or at all in america* *in a way that is accessible to play with me that i would be excited enough

but if there was a shermie i could at least do blender ero of her once i learn blender to a more competent degree and then we can enjoy fapping together

sry I'm not a nip or weab enough to know Japanese clothing. first thing that comes to mind is that he was an emo.

Akarin ~~

Attached: 1521129159483.jpg (1280x720, 321K)

>Akarin
>Akari
>Aka

Akame ga Kill is a shit manga.

That was such a good hentai.

The threads were great though.

one of the better kof xiv players stopped playing because there's nobody in AZ that plays it that's on his level and there's only like 5 people he can hit up on discord and get ok matches. It's sad.

It's a big market that was untapped for many years, so it makes sense that we're seeing so many jump at it. Harada actually suggested the idea of Rashid to Ono after creating Shaheen, so it probably all goes back to him.

But in Najd's case, she's created by a fan who won a contest, not SNK themselves. The Middle East, like every other country that isn't America, fucking loves KoF.

The Middle East is growing as a hotbed for the FGC, so SNK, Capcom and Namco created characters to represent them. While Capcom and Namco came up with their own designs, SNK went to the source and ran a contest asking them to make their character. Najd is already a major break from other characters of her type. Instead of being a swarthy, dark-skinned man with a beard and a shemagh, the first Middle Eastern rep to enter KOF is a modern Saudi woman who goes to college and fights with powers not having to do with wind or sand or whatever. She still wears a hijab, and the source of her power is her abaya, but she's still a breath of fresh air.

What's more, Najd's signature profile picture shows her WITHOUT her hijab on, which is a pretty big deal.

yeah, you're talking about juicebox aren't you
but then we get comments like "DURR HURR WELL LOL@U BURGERS WE GET TO PLAY IT EVERYDAY W/ EACH OTHER GIT GUD DURR HURR WORKS ON MY MACHINE" fuck you guys go die in a cardboard compacting machine
i need to buy a punching bag thingie

>yeah, you're talking about juicebox aren't you
I am indeed. And yeah it's obnoxious, meanwhile you get garbage like jive thriving. I feel this way about UNIST, too. It gets fucked over

That Christmas was a very special Christmas. It went to shit around the time of the anime adaption. I don't regret reading and reacting to raws in the threads. Shit was fun, but fuck AgK.

Once the anime shitposting mostly died down, the threads went back to being somewhat great.

Attached: akame ga kill no dragon dick.png (1013x3478, 1.39M)

twitter.com/SNK_KimiHERO/status/977107690458615808
Taihen da! Orochi is being reawakened in the Kimi Wa Hero world! His arrival is March 28th! Is this the end of humanity and the start of the age of darkness?!

Attached: DY9pPjpXkAE_9tb.jpg (1000x800, 118K)

That's good to hear. The only good thing about this shit even at the end was Wave. He never killed anyone, never gave into the edge and got a happy ending. He had more MC qualities than the actual MC.

twitter.com/desmond_kof/status/976890481207627778

Why are goobers so mean to us XIVbros?

Can anyone post the DLC silouette image? I wanna guess who the last persom could be.

Also, I had the sad realization that I don't think I can realistically improve at KOF XIV enough to play at tournaments, I just play by myself and practice that way and I don't mind playing against people, it's just when I do SO BAD that people don't want to play with me and since I'm the type that learns by fighting long sets and losing a lot, the crowd isn't there for me to build off of.

Go to tournaments to play casuals then. That's one way to get better and nobody's gonna say no to playing casuals.

yeah a tournament is right available for him in his area whenever he has the time to go to one

works on my machine

Attached: 1521690834463.png (1920x1080, 691K)

that's obviously jotaro kujo

You don't have to have a tournament in your area to go to one, they aren't region locked. If it's outside your price range then split a room and carpool with people. Most people are willing to do this because it reduces the cost for everyone involved. Combo Breaker is coming up and features KoF as a main game with lots of the community going, if you can make it work I highly suggest showing up because people will definitely play with you.

I really want Blue Mary bros ...

>If it's outside your price range then split a room and carpool with people
with *who*
carpool? do something several states away? do i look like i don't have a job to go to or something

Attached: pee on raf's shoes.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

I go to the local fighting games club and I can get some games there but they specifically prefer Tekken and DBZ so it's hard to pull someone there. Are there any tournies in the midwest with KOFXIV at them?

Thanks, I actually have no clue who that could be. I wanted Adelheid or Shion but neither would fit the pattern of 2 dudes/ 2 girls. I wonder who on Earth could that be? I pray it's Shermie so she's a Dream contestant like Rock is.

>shermie
it's not a weird crossover game like ngbc is

There's a couple of dudes who do tournies so maybe I'll ask them

Everyone else has to ask their boss for time off and travel out of state, sometimes out of country, too. Hell most of KoF's veterans are parents with wives and kids. You're not special or unique, it's part of being an adult.

Illinois and Michigan definitely have scenes. Like I said, check out Combo Breaker if you can. If you want, you can try and get your friends into KoF and maybe pick up a game they like so you can both improve together. That's how I got my friends into the game.

That's the spirit. You're already a step ahead of 99% of /neog/ because you're going out and getting involved instead of passive aggressively crying that nobody will play KoF with you while making no effort to reach out. Good luck user.

I mean you're right but also this isn't a crossover or Fatal Fury game but Rock is in as a non-canon character. I mean they probably are saving her for Gals Fighters but I would rather have her than Blue Mary. I always found Blue Mary kind of bland in comparison to the other KOF girls

It's obviously May Lee doing her classic winpose!

Attached: maylee-twirly.gif (78x122, 64K)

>Everyone else has to ask their boss for time off and travel out of state
i don't exactly make enough money to just take time off AND go pay to travel/lodge to begin with
so if i miss days of work _at my new job no less_
plus, if i'm within driving/local access of people knowingly playing the game, why wouldn't i just play with them here instead? i don't want a tourney, i just wanted people to play with
my point is i don't have anyone local to play with, and there is noone online to play with

I'm actually in Michigan so that's right up my alley. Thank you user.

Attached: dHWJdFA.png (371x770, 337K)

A rivalry with ralf would be neat.
It could even be friendly

Attached: DY97NKyU0AAM12r.jpg (658x1000, 94K)

HEART

Attached: best mai.png (683x476, 474K)

STARS
MOONS
CLOVERS
HORSESHOES
AND THE RED BALLOONS

"U still want sum ramome bby"

Attached: 1519167457547.jpg (841x508, 104K)

twitter.com/rre09_/status/977254173724102657

Oh boy

Iori's face is the best thing about his figma

Attached: DY_ml9NUMAAYjFb.jpg (960x1200, 130K)

I take it this is from twitter. It's always the "D"

Based japanese dataminer revealing how not-Chino looks like.
She's also a tank girl in the same vein as Alice or White Baby.

Attached: DY-W5J1VoAIZ6fv.jpg:orig.jpg (1024x580, 126K)

Another Anti-K' test subject.

If I played MSA I would whale for him. 10/10 bara husbando material

Depend on how much he know about Ptolemaios, really.

Are you talking about his pants? It was very popular in J-Rock and visual kei moviments from the 80's and 90's. Not sure if people still wear something like that nowadays tho, probably not.

Attached: 8d595a2218b18ed4842159a2e41e5f47.jpg (600x450, 175K)

>If I played MSA
It's never too late, user.

>I would whale for him
Do it and don't be a wuss.

Attached: MSA my wife Nova 1.png (1280x720, 470K)

Im talking about that but also

>Small black jacket
>Very long shirt
>The bondage pants
>Hair style which emo's tend to have, or at leats the emo's i've seen in my lifetime

I always thought Iori's design was anime and that it didn't follow the theme of "KOF characters wearing casual clothing in combat". But after seeing this image and the fact that it ties into his job makes me appreiciate his old design. If its 80s clothing i can see why they got rid of this design in favor of more modern clothing.

I already play UMOL and it consumes a lot of my free time, but if it was not for that I would play MSA.

I never thought I would spend money in a mobile game btw, I was lucky with Orochi Iori but when the event for NESTS Kyo appeared I was kinda low of diamonds so I whaled with no regrets.

nice

Attached: Alice dubs.jpg (875x1200, 439K)

When is TGU ?