/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
[3/21] Deviljho and weapon rebalancing in update 2.00 - capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2018/03/21/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Attached: 67825814_p0.jpg (1133x958, 728K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eXhqrS-_374&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=hQC-9gzzVFc&feature=youtu.be
mhworld.kiranico.com/monster/bazelgeuse
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=eXhqrS-_374&feature=youtu.be

You told me kirin was hard AND that crit draw GS was dead. Any other lies, faggots?

Gunlance is the chad weapon

Post those kill screens

Attached: Screenshot_20180323-093915.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

>10 minutes
>TA
LOL

>10 min

Attached: 1453602010412.jpg (217x248, 4K)

Attached: he'll get there.webm (1138x640, 1.42M)

heres your (you) retart

Attached: anguish.jpg (758x758, 200K)

What are the must have skills for a bow? Constitution or Marathon Runner? Is there any point to using Focus? I've been using the Legiana set for the extra charge level but It's becoming a bit boring.

Also I'm only HR59 so my decorations are shit.

I have a similar one.
Those 3 slots give +5 edgemaster/honed blade(AuL+Handicraft in one skill)

Why don't I find any of the weapon playstyles FUN in Monster Hunter: World? I've been playing since Tri.

Question regarding getting Bazel gem.
Should I capture him or kill him during investigation with 3+ Silver or gold rewards?

Why the fuck is Jho so big?
I can't hit either his tail or head unless he's knocked down. Even with upwards attacks

Crit draw is dead, let it go. I'm sorry you can't adapt to using more than one move.

>pard, this is totally not kosher
What did the handler mean by this?

Ask 3rd fleet master. She knows.

I love the Uketsukejho

Attached: 67485172_p0.jpg (1432x1196, 1.01M)

>still slower than prepatch critdraw build
how embarassing
youtube.com/watch?v=hQC-9gzzVFc&feature=youtu.be

Reminder.

BiS Jho Weapons:
>GS
>LS
>HH
>Lance
>GL (limited or no shelling build)
>HBG (cluster, wyvern, spread, sticky)

BiS Against 2-3* Dragon
>SnS
>DB
>IG
>Hammer
>SA
>CB
>Bow

Disappointing Jho Weapon
>LBG

Anyone who says otherwise is trolling you or fell for incomplete and misleading Reddit math.

Attached: 1521750157237.jpg (2135x3300, 2.63M)

Capcom confirming that she is indeed Jewish, just as we had long suspected by her facial features.

And of course i forget the picture

Attached: 20180323_092657.jpg (3264x1836, 2.65M)

>HH
debatable

What HH competes?

>Jho HBG
Give a skill set for it
Spareshot necessary?

stop spreading misinfo you retarded mmo refugee worldsperm

>BiS Against 2-3* Dragon
>Bow
Congratulations on your retardation.

You build it pretty much like you'd build other guns for the specific ammo type.

I'm still baffled that Lance got the tall end of the stick in this update. shame its a horse cock

JE SUIS MONTE

How do you hammer jho when you can't reach his head

>misinfo
>retard
>worldsperm
I spotted one of the emotionally-attached-to-a-weapon autists!

It's not even close to the best in slot bow.

Carve and Cap in this game draws from the same loot table. Carving is 3 draws, Capping can be 4 to 5 I think.
Only real consideration to bother with here is that you might want to delay a cap until you've broken the feasibly breakable parts since those yield extra chances too.

Like for Bazel you want to break the head and sever the tail before you cap. Breaking the back has a Gem chance too but it's an extremely obnoxious hitzone and only offers an extra 1% shot at it so I wouldn't bother.

There are no better dragon bows mathematically.

HBH II, aff, attack, attack augments

Attached: HBH II.png (725x370, 11K)

With an optimal set the dragonbone and Vaal line blow it the fuck out.

I play every weapontype
Which DJ weapon is the most important one to build first? I have just enough for one right now.

Jho decimates it in Raw though, and has better note combos.

>HBG in older MH games
>Super fun ranged powerhouse weapon
>Every shot feels fun to use because of the animation impact feedback

>HBG in MHW
>Only good for degenerate Rocksteady + Healthbooster cluster spam gameplay
>Shooting a Normal S Lv. 2 or 3 feels worse than bouncing off a monster

I want old gunner mechanics back.
Pierce is so fucking awful in this game because of how each individual hit is weak so they're all reduced by the monster hitzones, but they hit for like 12 times instead of 5 like in previous MHs

Attached: 1519882646121.jpg (480x480, 46K)

There is no better combo than T+Ox3

That's not what the numbers posted here seemed to indicate. Care to contribute some testing? I'd be happy to update the list with some legit results.

>tfw you find out that /mhg/ are actually skilled as fuck with lots of wisdom regarding the franchise
>tfw you uncover the complex defense mechanism system using shitposting, falseflagging, layers of irony, UNGAposting and much more to keep the reddit audience out of /mhg/
Wow, you guys are really something else..

Attached: 1507532337726.png (499x513, 283K)

You're fucking retarded and need to stop spreading misinformation

>LBG
>bad
>Literally better for Spread 3 than Vaal

i wish deviljho could be my mom

What numbers? Where?

Old GS is dead
Old CB is dead
Old Bow is dead
Old LBG is dead
Old HBG is dead

Your game is changing to cater a new audience, sorry grandpa. Your time is almost up.

mhfu runs flawlessly on ppsspp, dont bother with a psp. plus you can play online aswell

Encore blows that out of the water. You should never be focusing on note combos.

Trying to make a Jho GS set, I'm having a lot of trouble fitting MM3 and Focus 3 into the same set with everything else. Should I drop Focus 3 for MM3?

But spread 3 on LBG is shit compared to rapid spread 1 or Jyura spread 2.

ls is only better against 3* weak dragon targets. it's worse against everything else if your hunts take longer than 1m30

cb is worse than even vaal which is already not very good due to being a power ele cb which still get btfo by impact

hammer is straight up shit compared to blos

I feel you bro

Attached: 20171110094047.png (1172x878, 513K)

But isn't there different % of chance on looting it? I do break his Head and Sever the tail. So I guess capping is way to go alongside plunderblade palico then.

Are you retarded?
>this weapon has better note combos
>actually this one does
>YOU SHOULDNT BE USING NOTE COMBOS
Don't reply to me ever again, fuck face. Learn context of posts before posting.

Did you get gold/silver crowns? I can reach his head just fine, even breaking and stunning him in multiplayer with the rest on the tail.

Lance, HH and GS seem to be best Jho offerings, but all of the blademaster ones look like Top 5 material honestly, except for the Charge Blade since it has element phial but it's not unviable for normal play. I heard LBG is legit pretty bad though.

New Pierce feels so unsatisfying to use
>line up a shot perfectly along Jho's entire body
>shoot in through the head
>20, 20
>shot passes out of the head
>5,5,5,5,4,1,1,4,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
It's unironically better to aim exclusively for a weakpoint and only register 2 hits than it is to line up a shot along the entire length of the monster's body and get 30 hits.

Different guy, broseph.

Any tempered elder rooms going?

>compared to rapid spread 1
oh god please stop giving advice if you have no idea what you're talking about

Hammer, SA, Bow are all incorrect.
Blos Hammer and SA still shit on it Jho's version even against Dragon-Weak enemies.
Dragonbone and Vaal shit on Jho.

Everything else is right though.

>Old CB is dead
It was never dead to begin with. It wasn't spammed much due to red shield consumption.

Attached: grug smash vs the strongest mainline monster.webm (600x360, 2.96M)

Yeah Pierce is pathetic and they will NEVER fix it, i'm 100% positive
They probably don't even have a grasp on what makes it shit

Nope, older games had different loot tables between capping and carving but in MHW they're identical according to the official guides.
You can look them up on Kiranico.
mhworld.kiranico.com/monster/bazelgeuse

>Old GS is dead
Good.
>Old CB is dead
A shame.
>Old Bow is dead
Good.
>Old LBG is dead
Good.
>Old HBG is dead
Good.

All these
Being a gunner is suffering

Attached: 1515323801084.jpg (753x707, 331K)

Why the FUCK did they remove sub quests, the one good thing MHX introduced?

no it isn't. cb is ass and vaal is better than it even though both are still shit compared to blos. ls is also worse unless your calculations end with the affinity booster buff.

perfect

>sub quests
>introduced in MHX

>sub quests, the one good thing MHX introduced?
Sweetie, that was in MH4U first.

Maybe it was in MH4, I never played it.

Worship kirin sloots

Attached: 1520372530349.jpg (1200x1540, 155K)

This is probably the most optimal set for Jho GS.

Attached: jho.png (2342x298, 92K)

>unless your calculations end with the affinity booster buff.
Why shouldn't they?

At which point can I start farming G Exotics? Ded game so I'll probably have to do most of it solo but I dunno what kind of gear I'll need to make kill times manageable. Using Switch Axe btw.

I mean, Pierce isn't bad performance-wise Shattercryst is still the strongest non-cluster/sticky HBG and often only shooting a tiny weakpoint headzone for 2-3hits will still outdamage normal 3.

It's just both incredibly unsatisfying and counterintuitive that Pierce rounds are basically used as a substitute for Normals and their unique function is largely irrelevant unless the monster has a giant weakpoint hitzone like Diablos.

Subquests were in 4U as well?
Or are you going to meme me

Attached: DQicZ8WXUAECO0j.jpg orig.jpg (682x600, 62K)

it's from fucking Dos
goddamn the babbies are rampant

Tri had them, they were even considerably bigger in that game often having multiple goals, 3U removed them and then 4 added them again.
It's weird that they removed it again since it seems like a pretty cheap addition but it's not unique to MHW

Is Jho supposed to run away first encounter? I found him on an expedition, and he left the locale after like, 5 minutes.

I'd barely gotten onto the second bar of my weapon's durability, and he just dug into the ground and fucked off, now I'm being told to speak to a scholar?

because hunts aren't an 80s dps race. are you retarded?

>jho SA finally gets power phial
>still has less raw than diablos without non elemental boost

In that case: Jho annihilates the alternatives with peak performance.

What a shame because I've waited long enough for mainline to fix its SAs

Attached: 55586662_p3.jpg (830x830, 182K)

You probably didn't find him until a few minutes in, most monsters leave on the same timer as far as I know.
I killed him just after the first "Jho will leave the locale" warning popped up the first time and Anjanath left shortly after.

>Jho is stronger than Diablos
>Weapons don't reflect it
Every time.

Attached: qgpbvn.png (397x561, 197K)

Stop expecting things to be better than NEB Blos.

Capcom fucked up REALLY hard when they made NEB. Nothing is gonna beat it. Accept the reality now instead of whining every fucking time we get an update.

Expeditions are garbage and the locale leaving mechanic is designed specifically to fuck you over for trying to hunt monsters without an Investigation, because monhun's design is obsessed with wasting the player's time and with autistically overstructured grinding.

The invasion monsters, Jho and Bagel, will attempt to leave the locale very quickly if they are attacked. Unless you can kill them in TA timeframes, scoring a takedown on one in an investigation is unlikely. Because Jho being an HP sponge and Bagel being cancer wasn't enough incentive to have the player not engage them when they interrupt a hunt, the devs went out of their way to try and deny the player rewards for fighting them outside of dedicated missions/investigations.

>Shattercryst is still the strongest non-cluster/sticky HBG

But that's wrong
Spread is way better than Pierce, but it's yet another degenerate playstyle like Cluster/Wyvern

Can't join the FapPer room anymore. it's not even full and it gives me an error

is it kill?

Attached: 1453523597804.jpg (249x249, 8K)

I know Jho has a turf war with Diablos, but does it also have a turf war with Black Diablos? Is the latter any different from the former?

And why the hell is Odogaron the only apex predator Jho doesn't turfwar with?

Yes.
It's useless.

Yeah, I'd had to follow his tracks for a little bit.

I'll keep that in mind. I usually only need them for quick parts & ingredients etc.

How the fuck do i git gud with SA?
I barely get the sword meter to full once a hunt, and then once it's full you only have limited amount of time before it goes away, and you can't extend that duration by attacking with it more like DBs archdemon mode.

The only way i can get some good damage off the SA phials is with Rocksteady mantle but that's cucking awful

Because Odo is just a bitchboi that gets picked up and used as a weapon like any other little shit.

And yes, Black Diablos is the same result.

But Jho does get a turf war with Odo.

Is it the best for shotgun meme or do I stick with nerg?

>Nergigante legs

Fuck, those are fucking awful looking. Thanks for the information.

>>The invasion monsters, Jho and Bagel, will attempt to leave the locale very quickly if they are attacked.
Stop spreading misinfo. I killed Rathalos, Jagras AND Deviljho in under 15 minutes yesterday. Nobody fled the locale.