/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: Discord: discord.io/homebrew

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0 (4.1.0 "eventually")
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.55
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
?CFW + b9s: hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Switch: switch.hacks.guide/
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E
-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Mar 12] Firmware update 5.0.0 released. Do not update.
[Feb ??] SciresM is working on a custom firmware for Switch called Atmosphere: github.com/SciresM/Atmosphere-NX
[Feb 18] nx-hbmenu released. Homebrew Launcher for 3.0.0. It's happening. Instructions: switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/

>Vita
[Mar 11] TheFlow released the exploit for 3.65, still requires 3.60. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/update365
[Feb 24] TheFlow has an exploit chain for 3.67, but is going to leave it until at least the end of the year before releasing. twitter.com/theflow0/status/965261365496696832 (embed)

>PS4
[Feb 28] "Holy Grail" PS4HEN released, allows running unsigned packages and much more. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-holy-grail-ps4hen-released-enables-pkg-support-homebrew-backups/
[Feb 28] 4.55 kexploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-jailbreak-specterdev-releases-full-implementation-payloads-pending/
[Feb 27] 5.05 webkit exploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/27/ps4-exploit-5-05-webkit-exploit-released-4-55-functional-jailbreak-probably-matter-days/

>PS3
[Mar 3] The PS3Xploit team is working on a userland exploit for Super Slims and certain Slim models which does not support homebrew but offers PS1/2/P emulation and backing up PS3 games. psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-3-0-preview-new-features-for-superslim-all-non-cfw-comp-ps3-models.16525/

Attached: hbg.png (1920x1080, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/599604
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When 5.05

Attached: IMG_9835.gif (398x384, 268K)

In 5 hours.

alliance alive leak?????

Is there a way to download from eShop on 4.1?
I bought Bayo 2 at TRU today and can't download the first game because of my low firmware.

Attached: 1520435056662.png (500x500, 197K)

Does the switch have a good gba emulator running on it yet? I need a reason to use ny switch.

>?CFW
>(embed) (embed)

No.

Attached: chuckle.jpg (559x399, 59K)

Shit. I guess I can pirate Bayo 1 on PC and play 2 on Switch. Thanks for the quick reply, user.

Yes, get retroarch.

Attached: hbgs.png (1920x1080, 1.1M)

How is the English-patched copy of Alliance Alive? Is it good enough to play or should I wait for the leak/release?

stop advertising your AIDS circlejerk discord. we don't want to use discord. get out.

See you on the other side.

Attached: cf8c81e23d6413b30715f9733584470f.png (997x561, 54K)

It was worth it last week. Now wait for a fresh bug-free copy.

I'm tempted, but I know I shouldn't.

if the user trying to download the catherine undub hasn't yet, here's the original torrent
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/599604

stop posting my screenshot you fag

I see. I put three hours into the demo thinking the demo save would transfer, so now I'm feeling a bit cheesed and wanted to get on with the actual game.

Okay, haven't touched my 3DS in a long-ass while but followed the threads well enough to know that I should get off AL9H and get on B9S or whatever it's called. Looking through the pastebin, can't find any info on updating. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

when

Attached: alliance-alive-art.jpg (1158x1061, 362K)

is there someone else other then TheFlow who's working on 3.65 exploits?

3ds.hacks.guide
Click "A9LH to B9S" at the top.

5 hours

Thanks lad, I appreciate it deeply.

Attached: 1301561150437.jpg (158x152, 5K)

Compress your fucking PNGs, goon. And no it's about shiternet or helping Veeky Forums.

Attached: 1521829548994.png (1920x1080, 843K)

I hope not.

When they finish processing my ticket.

BASED discordposter

it's been threads without updating PS3's news for fucks sake I know OP is a faggot but this is too much

W-what do you mean?

Coming very soon.

what do you use, PNGOUT?

Any way to transfer cross saves between ps3 and vita without PSN access? My Ps3 is banned obviously

why would you want Sony to patch the kernel when the vita is still getting games?

New Game option. This will take five hours though.

Kek

By any chance any of you guys still have the BLJS10187 eboot FIX file?

>PNG crushing
user we're not in 56k days

unironically ask on Reddit, you're gonna get trolled here

farewell lads...

Attached: 1521641822469.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

>trying to migrate from A9LH to B9S
>copy everything correctly
>asked to boot 3DS while holding start
>"if the Luma config menu comes up, just power off and try again"
>Luma config menu comes up
>power down and try again
>just skips to 3DS home menu like normal
>tried four times now

Oh boy

there's no way to use the cross save feature. there never will be, it's completely reliant on PSN. like anons have said before, you could try to work around it by manually editing decrypted saves on each platform.
this will never change. you don't need to ask ever again. it doesn't matter how long you wait.

B9S isn't worth the hassle anyway really.

>you don't need to ask ever again.
>implying this isn't the first time I post this

if you can't follow a simple guide it's best to just leave it the way it is

someone else has asked multiple times so i assumed it was one person.

You basically need it to play online MH4U

>someone else has asked multiple times
Oh well then I understand it gets annoying.

is it possible to softmod a nintendo gamecube?
i have a gameboy player and some memory cards.

how do?

No
Get a Wii and mod that instead

Why's that?

there are some softmods but they aren't very useful on their own. there's several exploit games you could use, most popularly melee or wind waker.
you could run swiss and run homebrew from an SD card reader, or play burned games (if you can physically fit them in your gamecube by removing or replacing the case)
the most interesting thing you could do since you have a game boy player is run game boy interface, which replaces the shitty official software for the player and has less latency than it.

sorta, but the only reason is to use Game Boy Interface

anything else can be done better on a wii

Is it safe to buy a new 3ds xl, or should I look into another model for homebrewing?

Because you can't go online without the latest firmware.

any 3ds is safe with ntrboot

Why would you need b9s to get on the latest firmware? a9lh has been able to do that... forever.

First of all, yes you can
And second, a9lh can still be on latest

optipng

>we're not in 56k days
Took a couple seconds for free savings, the horror! And it'd take you less to just save it.

But okay.

>the most interesting thing you could do since you have a game boy player is run game boy interface, which replaces the shitty official software for the player and has less latency than it.
>sorta, but the only reason is to use Game Boy Interface

This sounds very interesting. WIll look for a tut somewhere hopefully out there.
thanks

Why?

????????????????

Can I convert PSP DLC to pkg using PSP2PS3?

Attached: 1520095566634.jpg (365x322, 24K)

i need to change my vita psn account, and i know the "only way" is to do a factory reset, but i found the vita account switcher, does it still work? last update was sep. 2017

Is there anyway to get netflix/youtube working on a wii now?

Probably. Thought you only needed to format the Memory Card (read: only 1 specific file you can probably delete with Vitashell) to change PSN accounts though.

user just post your mahos here you don't need to make a new thread for it

Wow didn't know that, is that the activation file in um0?

b9s and luma were a mistake

I don't know, sorry. I only know PSN accounts are totally tied to the mem card being used and not the console though.

play virtua racing

Siren 2 idiot here again. Got it working on the PS3. It is beautiful.

well thanks anyway i will look further into

i feel compelled to try it on my PS2 later since i have a hard time believing it's unfixable and i hate the PS3's emu

Let me know if it works. I might try that as a project.

Fuck you and your ego

>not just buying a spare homebrew switch
what's wrong, anons? not enough EXPENDABLE INCOME to wait for free games while enjoying the ones you already bought?

Attached: Cava6CL.jpg (512x512, 59K)

I can do that on just one Switch though.

I could probably buy every game I'll ever actually play for the cost of a whole new console.

check silicaandpina on Twitter they updated it I think

Thanks mate, already used the account switcher, but now have to install gain henkaku, you keep all the apps but the you need to reinstall henkaku

I am literally retarded and can't get the Ultimate VC Injector for Wii U working. Can someone please help?

>buying 2 of the same console when it has maybe 3 exclusives worth playing and probably won't get more than 10 for its entire lifetime

Is it worth buying a 2DS XL?
I have old 3dsxl and would like to emulate more.

If you want to emulate, then yes, it's worth getting a 2DS XL because it has a better processor, a c-stick, and a sexier design (at least in my opinion).

How can I move .gci files of GC saves to my wiiu injects?

Spend the extra $50 on an N3DS XL. The N2DS has awful battery life and a pretty shitty overall build quality.

Nah, battery life is worse than 3ds xl
What's the point

N3DS (Lite) is the best one, let's be honest.

you mean extra $80?

The N2DS XL is $150 in the US. The N3DS XL is $200.

Anyway of knowing what firmware these badboys are shipping with ?

Doesn't matter since they're all hackable.

all n2ds' are 11.4+, for n3ds avoid new bundles like the samus pokemon galaxy snes to get a better chance of lower firmware but if you do get 11.4+ you can hack them with ntrboot or with another hacked 3ds

>sister and gf having sex in the room next to me
>can't even play my video games without being distracted
i just want to smash the wall and tell them to stfu

>sister and gf
Nice degeneracy

idk if she's lesbian, bi or asexual.
what's with people being noisy as fuck

Nice blog !

fuck off you racist piece of shit