/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Naked Watcher edition.

Got squished:>New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Mar 6: Bloodborne is free for PS+ members for March
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25
-Dec 26-29/2017: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png

>Links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-Multiplayer range calculator: mpql.net/tools/bloodborne/

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-Hintertombs: 5x3agiwe
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Attached: Watcher Mace.png (591x591, 314K)

I like sipping dregs!

Fag.

Attached: Cuck_0.png (191x146, 68K)

>three posts
>11 minutes since last one
>on a brand new thread

/bbg/ is dead

When can I mod my current ps4 so I can play the network test??

Good riddance.

Hasn't that guy that showed the alpha version of Yosefka's Clinic already done that?

Could someone help me with a false depth boss? Went in for the rune, but thought I may as well try the boss too. Seriously underleveled.
jgn2jkkw
pass bbg

You need a old PS4 that's never been updated, I don't have the money to buy one.

>the elevator drop into the Winter Lantern bridge in Nightmare of Mensis

How did this pass the QA team at all?

What’s wrong with it?

Drop in going up > Drop in going down

It's not the drop as much as the winter lanterns with essentially insta-kill grabs that have a hitbox twice as large as the model

What do you think is the story behind the MC hunter?

>hey guys help me cheat

Oh ya winter lanterns are gay as fuck themselves. Just run past all of them.

Still need help?

Normally I'd agree with but MHW actually kind of sucks and there's nothing else on the horizon.

Isn’t the boss in that maneater pig? Why not do a boss that drops something at least remotely useful?

I want to make a new character, i already made a kinda quality build, and a 25/50 str/arc.
What is more fun, a bt/skl, skl/arc or pure skill? Any other options for a new build?

Attached: 56bc094b-37bf-4fad-9d09-3edf0baece75.png (1280x1808, 1.37M)

I didn't even know what the boss was.
Just for fun dude, relax.

You could help me on the next one?
xc284ugx
bbg

Ok, phew!:) Glad you explained, I was furious there for a while.

pure blood

SRRCing

Funny, I like going down. Even funnier, I used to like going up.

Is Boomhammer a good weapon to use?

You do remember just playing for fun, don't you?

I prefer going up because you can roll out after you see it, but if you see it as you go down its too late.

Is this alright for hms/wheel? I want to use both forms on each.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-23_14-17-33.png (414x577, 119K)

Too much stamina. You can work with base END. VIT is fine. Other than that, it looks alright. I wouldn't go with 40 though. I prefer 50 or at least 45 STR/ARC

I already got END to 20 regrettably. Otherwise I would do 50/50.

40/40 doesn't work in BB, go either for 25/50 or 50/25. For HMLS you don't need more than 20 END and an Anti-Clockwise.

>120

Guess I'll do 50/25 then. Will the hmls still be good in tricked form?

>caring about levels when this general is dead
>caring about levels when we have an FC once a week

Next one
ahg38eit
bbg

Just use this.

Attached: 7645687876898.jpg (320x450, 83K)

Sorry, Gabrielle. I have to go for now.

Is ok m9

2 more big bird
p2tbyrh2
bbg

>Don't really have any issues with any of these bosses
>Suddenly Ludwig
Fucking my ass, can you parry anything he does in beast form or is it pure dodge skills? And fuck his health pool, +10 weapon swinging for 230.

Put some gems in nigga, you get them during the story and all. Also fire paper and serration.

>+10 weapon swinging for 230
chalice dungeons bro. i do that much damage with 2 L1 watcher gems with a +7 saw cleaver

got purple'd

Do blt/skl

I've got 19% physical ones from outside chalice dungeons on the saw spear.

what's your build?

I have almost this same build at 120 and it’s great. Take 5 out of vit or end and put it in str though

What chalice exactly did you use to get those gems? Asking for a friend.

I went 25 str / most skill since I was getting more returns on dmg with skill even if it str scaling. It's probably bad since I was winging it and I thought 25 was soft cap or something on str.

the first depth pthumeru chalice, i just killed them twice and slapped both of them on there
you shouldn't be doing 230 a swing with a +10 saw spear even with one of those watcher gems

>base END
Stop giving this shit advice. You can play like a passive faggot if you want to but HMLS is just not fun to use with such low stamina. Especially pointless if you’re going to 120 anyway

t. babby that needs to R1 spam

HMS is perfectly fine at base END

Pump skill to 50. That's the last softcap for weapons, strength, skill, blt and arcane, and it's recommended to get one attack stat to 50.

Anybody up for a spelunk?

Yes!

lucky last muh wheel
5jne4scm
bbg

Not a big fan of it, but let's do an FRC Ihyll, just for a change.
Glyph: yxv7dygf
Password: pthud

Ringing

Got Julia here with me: one spot left. Will wait two minutes.

SRRC is popping off

Attached: DY_1b6sUQAAUS_L.jpg (1200x675, 138K)

On what stats? 50/25, 25/50?

cheers Alba

Do I go normal or uncanny wheel on as strength build? At the moment, my better gem is a waning so I'm thinking uncanny. Does it really matter?

Layer 1 report:
>An australian Madman and his spoder farm guarding the special coffin
>Almost died, when I accidentaly tried to parry him with my torch
>Lost our way back to the lamp, we discover a Bloodlicker spawned in a cramped corridor, where I visceraled a Gravedigger
>Two witches right outside the lamp room
>No pre boss bonus room
>Boss was Keeper: bullied so strategically, I even managed to land a backstab on her
Onto L2 and we still have room for one more: .

40/40

26/40 str/skill, interested in whirligig saw now since I found it but I'm pretty fucked on points for it's str scaling.

I was doing fine until ludwig, it's honestly like 250-270 maybe with the damp blood gems and nothing in 3rd since I can't find any good gems to put there but the cursed ones.

>playing through first arcane build
>fighting darkbeast paarl
>shoot two rounds of executioner's gloves at him
>instant stagger, his lightning is also removed
>shoot him like four more times
>he dies

What the fuck, my arcane is only at 46.

it's weak to arcane

FULL

Gotta go get my chunks from fishing hamlet.
Anyone wanna come?
bbg

This isn't dark souls 3. You don't need a handful of rings, 80 points of stat investment and a silly hat to make magic do anything other than tickle

I'm up for it, give me a min

Sweet. Gonna do the whole thing.

When humans turn into beasts, is it possible they can only follow a specific path in their evolution as a beast? As we've seen, humans are capable of transformation from the Beast Patients in Old Yharnam all the way up to the Abhorrent Beast. However, I don't believe that humans could evolve into something such as a Scourge Beast or Darkbeast, their basic anatomy would become far too warped. The human lineage carries more human characteristics, most notably their bipedal nature. Other beasts are more canine, notably the aforementioned Scourge Beasts and Darkbeasts.
This raises another question, the non-bipedal beasts are likely not the result of human evolution via scourge. Given this, where did they come from? Could the beasts potentially breed? And how could the Scourge affect other species in their own evolution?

Attached: 1484073570136.jpg (393x501, 100K)

>shooting a midgame spell with endgame stats at an early game boss
Yeah?

>only 46 arc
>only executioners glove
>weak af boss
Made me think.

Ringing @Hamlet lamp, although it might take a while, the servers have been being a bitch this week, for me at least.

there's an interview with miyazaki that explains it, it's basically the stronger the shackles from beasthood, the more grotesque the creature the person transforms to when the shackles are broken.

I haven't noticed any problems with summoning

ringing

Humans absolutely do become Scourge Beasts, Cleric Beasts and Darkbeasts. Beasthood isn't evolution, it's degeneration. The Beast Roar tool states that the roar is made using human vocal chords, and it's hinted something terrible lurks deep within the form of man. It's also stated that clerics, i.e. members of the church, became the most hideous of beasts. The horror of the situation is derived from the fact that these things used to be humans (very much inspired by Lovecraftian themes of human degeneration and alteration) but are now so utterly removed from their natural, normal state. We know, thanks to the existence of Loran, that the end result of beasthood is electricity as beasthood seems to be a reaction to the alien Old Blood, because electricity is anathema to Kin of the Cosmos.

We know there are different types of blood, different strains. This is evidenced in gameplay terms the various different effects different unique blood vials have, but also Gilbert's dialogue of 'different types of blood'. Different blood, and different dosages, likely result in different beasts.

Layer 2 report:
>Bell Bitch starts spawning waves and waves of Red Spiders, before we can even leave the lamp room
>Jamal and Tyrone hiding from the police in a swamp
>The area was hiding a secret treasure room too
>5 Tomb Mold (5) in the special coffin. Wew, thanks Pthutato
>2 Red Jellies and 6 Ritual Blood (5) in other chests, though
>2 more Jellies in another chest
>Illusory wall led us to a chest with a Yellow Backbone in it
>A classic trio of Mad Ones, but no witch. Strange
>Failed a parry and got stunlocked to death
>No other bonus rooms in sight
>Boss was another Undead Dindu: paid the toll numerous times, because of his shitboxes
Should have done Loran: time for Layer 3.

See, it doesn't want to work

You're answering someone who's not the beckoner

So what you're saying is the victims slowly evolve backwards until they become Darkbeasts. Where do the Silverbeasts fit?

The word would be degenerate or regress, but no, that’s not what he means. Read the last sentence.

Yeah something's gone fucky. Every time I ring and silence, the lamp is dead, have to restart.

Julia?

I’ll srrc, died 3 times to undead tyrone now, don’t want you to have to wait

Alright guys. I've got VIT 40, END 15, STR 10, SKL 50, BLT 10, ARC 9.

That leaves 14 more points between now and level 98. How should I spend them? Should I get VIT to 50? Or leave it where it is and put it all in STR for more of a quality build? Or something else entirely? Help me out here. I leveled my first character way the fuck past 98 and I want to try sticking with the meta this time.

you dont

I think different blood, dosages and how much you fight it off, like the other user rightfully said, determines how bad you turn. I don't think it's even a proper, clean backwards progression, it's a bit hard to explain. Basically it's degeneration into a subhuman, animalistic state, an exaggerated primal monstrosity. It's meant to more resemble than actually be something humans once were, or are capable of becoming. Darkbeasts, being huge and undead, are some extreme category.

Silverbeasts are weird and stand out because they combine the advanced beastly trait of electricity with some oretty out-there characteristics. Vermin, or whatever those silvery worms they have in them which appear in Headless Bloodletting Beasts as a colossal version, are partly an answer. They're found in the Nightmare, suggesting a cosmic origin or influence. I think the vermin are a Nightmarish thing, but the beast is not. But then why don't we find HBLBs in the Nightmare if they have colossal vermin? It's a pretty perplexing question.

I see one spelunk up, anyone want to get another going?

What?

20 END and 15 ARC for bone and roar maybe

6 in arc, I forget the blt requirement for the Reiter but get that if you don’t have it, and the rest in vit imo

Is pure SKL even fun?
What weapons can I use?