/domg/ - Dominions General

Superior Ulmish Steel edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/wjbSA98Y

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
dropbox.com/s/oo492x2cs8vag34/debug509.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game's 'data' folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Is there an easier way to play multiplayer?
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
Works for Dominions 5 just as well.

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread below.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Previous Pantokrator:

Attached: dom ulm.png (1183x600, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EAxtraPretenders
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Aboleth Traps

first for FINALLY took you long enough

Aboleth traps reign supreme.

Attached: 1505651746978.png (500x500, 347K)

Aboleths are gross and weird tho

t.Elfscum

Attached: 1481583206177.jpg (1155x1200, 77K)

So, if I'm fielding a lot of flying units, what's the best way to script them:
>immediately attack rear
>hold and attack rear

It depends.

On what?

do you wanna buff em?
is the enemy expecting an attack rear surprise? does it matter if they are? (what do you think the numbers will be, and what do they think?)
are you going to attack rear then drop lots of evo on their face, causing friendly fire that you don't want?
If they delay in murdering the rear, are the troops that don't get caught by the flyers going to be slowed enough that they don't just eat your comms while your flyers are bogged down in combat?

Hold and attack to buff, attack to get the enemy before they buff.

In dominions 4 thrones of ascension, how should sauromatia handle xibalba and caelum in the early game in order to stop them to snowball?
inb4 you can't

but you can't
maybe somehow convince them to fight each other and they'll raid each other to death

As a beginner, such as yourself for asking this question, it's impossible.
For a more experienced player diplomacy, innovation, awake expander.

i t d e p e n d s

D D D
E E E
D D D

On what?

how does one NOT get decimated by mekone?

D E D
E E E
D D D

set up more games you fuckers

Attached: 1519268042776.jpg (485x600, 102K)

>mfw rekt by magma children

You done it now, Agartha.

Attached: Bill_Murray.jpg (359x450, 37K)

Magma children make Agartha and better Abysia than Abysia.

How do you kill agartha? asking for a friend

Agartha's great at deathballing but it feels wrong to split up your armies and it's hard to tell how much to put in each group when you do, so while it's theoretically not susceptible to raiding, it practice most Agarthas are

Attached: DRgIKsyVoAEYS70.jpg (488x654, 51K)

bage 10

Do your turns.

Is there any way to increase priest levels in D5?

Early age preferably. Something better to apply blesses, basically.

Also, how does berserk + Blood Bond interact?

communions
there's not many priest comm nations in EA though

I think it works but you should test it yourself

If I'm doing blesses with a nation that doesn't have Holy3 priests, am I fucked?

No, you probably won't have enough sacreds per stack that it'll be a problem.

not at all, thinking you need divine blessing is a common newbie mistake. H1s can do it, h2s can do it in fewer numbers (the aoe of bless for them is bigger). In larger fights you can bring multiple bless casters and spread them about.

Prophet increases priest level to, you can communion to boost for combat, you can summon priests with a better holy level than you get natively, or you can get one of the two artifacts which boost priest level.

>Prophet increases priest level to
To 3.

there are four artifacts that boost holy level by one : Crown of the Shah, Immaculate Shield, Sword of Justice, Sword of Injustice.

Crown of the Shah is a Ragha national, isn't it?

>To 3
To 5 if you aren't a sucker and prophet Mother Hydra like any self-respecting amphibian would do.

Attached: 1502617208382.jpg (502x478, 90K)

From Top Five Questions that are too hard for /domg/ to answer:
"What do Gozu-Mesu's Soul Catchers do? Do they negate immortality?"

Attached: 1349732057565.jpg (309x392, 56K)

Furthermore, Tatalia must be destroyed.

is there a way to replace "decay" with "AIDS"

Attached: male dryad pretender.jpg (462x696, 83K)

page ninety nine

Male dryads are satyrs, stupid coala suit poster.

yes it's a construction two national artifact

nothings unimpossible u gay first responder. put out a fire

So I just summoned this treelord, and it doesn't look like it has the boar retinue that the manual describes. Plus it's fucking mute. Are all treelords such a shitty summon or did I just get the fucking worse of the five?

And can I heal its mute injury that's apparently giving it 1/2 magic skills to make it a 6N caster?

Attached: treelord.png (724x499, 517K)

>everyone here creams themselves over Howl
>it's literally just summoning wolves (aka shit unit) with attack rear

Attached: 1520451303679.jpg (600x849, 189K)

It's 5n and I think D1 or something.

As for the mute, it's somehow got fucking old age and got a bad roll. It's fixable.

Dumb stupidposter.

none of the treelords has death moron
The E1N4 gets a battle retinue of boars
The N4B1 gets a battle retinue of dire wolves
The N5 one does not get a retinue but gets +4 ivy lord bonus instead of +3

oh the no retinue N5 one autocasts swarm at the start of battles though

I think this is the no-retinue one that I got (it has +4 ivy lord bonus) but it doesn't say anything about autocasting swarm.

Oh and does ivy lord count for ivy ogres or just ivy men? Getting 6 ogres for 2 gems seems like it would be pretty decent.

no seriously how the fuck do people think it's even worth casting let alone some great battle decider against anyone not stupid enough to leave an unprotected mage line

>everyone here creams themselves over Horde of Skeletons
>it's literally just summoning longdead (aka shit unit) with attack closest

HoS doesn't cost you 3 gems per casting

HoS also doesn't keep spawning chaff while your mage is casting other shit.
On that matter, Howl doesn't require half a dozen mages spamming it to be effective.

the main thing about howl is that the flankers can fuck with mage casting, not that the summons usually kill a ton of stuff

It's 100 dudes worth of useless chaff, spaced out over time and position, for one slot in your scripting. It's a nice spell.

Eating unprotected magelines is a bonus.

It counts for the ogres too.

Putting troops to protect your mage line means
>you don't have those troops on the front line
>you have to blob up your mage support and have a lot less possible positioning options

Both of those have obvious advantages for the enemy, and there's always a chance you fucked up and forgot or didn't properly protect your mages.

If you have plenty of N3 mages and the research for it there's little reason not to just put it up every significant fight.

Let's not forget that killing unprotected mages isn't the only thing Howl is good for.

A big part of why Howl is so good is that it fucks with your enemy's targeting. You'll have mages shooting their fireballs or thunderstrikes backwards to take out a single wolf. You'll have archer squads trying to shoot in a dozen directions at once and hitting anything but your troops. You'll have attack-rear flankers zoom in on some shitty wolf that just popped up, only to get distracted and intercepted by another shitty wolf. A huge chunk of your enemies will be busy killing shitty freespawn instead of your actual units. That's a big fucking deal.

Howl doesn't give a clear-cut advantage like Fog Warriors or other big spells, but if you think it's not worth casting you obviously don't know shit about Dominions.

Do Banevenom charms still disease enemy units? It seems like that got changed between editions--I've never seen a Harvester of Sorrows on my land where the event mentioned units got diseased, and I've been using 7 shades with banevenom charms against a group of mages, for at least 4-5 turns of being in the same province (total probably 10 turns since I started--I initially moved the shades in about every other turn to avoid them mind hunting me down). But not a single mage seems to have kicked the bucket yet from all that disease exposure.

(btw I get that population dies from disease, that's obviously happening quite effectively. I'm asking about units on top of that, because it's a throne province and I don't care about its income, I want those mages to be crippled/dead.)

R'lyeh, you can take any of those provinces to join your forces on Tien's paliad, if you want, it was just raiding, don't mind me, I'll evaporate from there next turn.

>lore of the Marble Oracles explicitly states that they have "a will and a mind"
>still get the Mindless trait

I can't handle the late game, what are some innovative builds / nations that never make it to the late game?

It is not specified in the game but they are masters of the esoteric martial art "Mind Outside" which lets them think and make decisions outside of their bodies, as well as tank attacks by foolish mages that exclusively aim for their bodies as they think that it's where the living being's mind should always be located.

But seriously, Lugh has it stated in his profile that the Tuatha had plenty of shipwrights before he came but he is the only shipwright in the whole nation of islanders in-game. Illwinter still hasn't fixed that even if they decided that iron caps on EA Sidhe Lords was too lore-breaking (I assume that's why they quietly "fixed" that in one of their recent patches).

Attached: Sailor Moon Danger Zone.jpg (634x2387, 169K)

Wow, I think everyone was so bad-mannered to him that Vanheim went AI. And it's just turn 27.

Attached: Fam.png (720x540, 513K)

Unable to select provinces on my turn for ScrubGen. Already tried resending the turn file.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=EAxtraPretenders

Yeah it's a memegame, you didn't specify otherwise.

t. Eeofol

Any blitzes later tonight?

>tfw you get your mage with site searching randoms on the 2nd recruitment

>tfw you find 4 sites for a total of 6 gems per turn on the first province you sitesearch

So how much of Dominions is skill, and how much is just luck?

With expert positioning, knowledge of the game and otherwise you'll always beat out someone worse than you.

Personally in MP I'd say it's Diplo > Skill = Perseverance > Luck. Unless someone was an asshat with the map, getting level 3 thrones in your cap circle or getting 4 water borders with Abysia or something is just a death sentence if everyone else is great at the game.

Say you're good diplo buddies with a guy, and then the game comes down to just you two. What usually happens?

Kill each other generally.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

Attached: Highlander-1-Full.jpg (1920x1023, 171K)

Basically you have 4 options
1) Backstab him
2) Be backstabbed but prepared for it
3) Convince him to forfeit
4) Forfeit

Every friendship is only a momentary truce.

I don't know if it's changed since dom5. You might need to do a quick singleplayer test.

However, disease takes 10 turns to kill if your max hp is above 10, so the only ones who could possibly be dead are those you diseased on the first turn. If you only had one BVC on the province at that point, the number diseased would be very low.

He might also have disease curing items.

fight as bros to become the ultimate bros

Could you elaborate on what's happening?

Is it still a problem with the latest turn?

I managed to fix the problem

Confirm/deny

Attached: 722060_20180323105846_1.png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

AYE
Sprites are a bit wonky, but I fully support the idea.

"modern" modfactions with a lot of guns and stuff tend to place an unwarranted amount of attention on the guns when they get countered as easily as every other projectile weapon in dominions

So, I know Brands are standard issue thug gear, but what options are there? I'm liking the Mace of Eruption a lot.

mace of eruption is the new fire brand

and the answer is it depends

That's what you get for defying your true master.

Anyone wants to play a magic enhanced game?

There's a couple draining weapons that are good. You really want AoE, so it's hard to beat a brand/eruption.

Reminder about the clockwork hounds discord:
Discord invite code:
xRsDh56

Doing at least 2-3 blitzes today.

did /v/anheim migrate to clockwork hounds or what?

sorry if I'm retarded, I blitzed like twice with /v/anheim and just wondered what happened as activity seemed to die down a lot.

Also wondering this.

Convince him to fight you in ritualistic combat, where you literally throw every single unit each of you have at each other in one, final, epic fight.

And then back stab him and cloud Trapeze your way into stealthcapping each of his thrones and win the game.

This has happened more than once.

pretty much. get in here and blitz nerds

/v/anheim died for meme reasons, people just kinda stopped hanging out in the chat so games stopped happening so people stopped hanging out in chats...

Now we all seem to be on clockwork hounds. I see a lot of familiar names.

Kinda sad. Steam chat was comfy.

the one underwater autist didn't migrate over, i wonder what happened to him

moggers? I thought he was in discord