/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Infinos Gaiden
store.steampowered.com/app/771070
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
store.steampowered.com/app/745880
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Pawarumi
store.steampowered.com/app/610410
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/570050
>Garegga M2 port (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800
>Terra Feminarum
store.steampowered.com/app/796380

UPCOMING RELEASES:
Vasara HD Collection
gematsu.com/2018/03/vasara-hd-collection-announced-consoles-pc
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4
>Blue Revolver Black Label Announced
bluerevolvergame.com/1year/
>Rolling Gunner
rollinggunner.wixsite.com/rollinggunner

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Attached: 1509153043375.png (800x1216, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5K4Mzq9bBrw
youtube.com/watch?v=djXSHksTKA0
store.steampowered.com/app/493670/Valkyrius_Prime/
3jus.jp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for cave

Attached: cavelogo.jpg (530x250, 15K)

>Liking anything in current year

how could you let it die?

it hit the bump limit

i mean why didn't you make another thread?
krautchan already died
i can't take another death atm

Attached: 1437344246_cover.jpg (500x500, 38K)

what you playing?

nothing
i'm too depressed to play anything atm

i thought a lot about my shmup though and designed a good scoring system on paper

Attached: 1519342291001.jpg (464x512, 31K)

why are you sad?

krautchan was shite just like everything to come out of germany

too many reasons to list them all here

stfu

Attached: 1513372883104.jpg (641x641, 73K)

well i'm sorry to hear that, hope you're ok.

What are Cave up to these days?

making mad money

did someone clean up op? good job.

phone shit.

selling witch piss

can't find any game i want to play recently, we need a new decent release on steam.

danbo will surely save shmups

he needs to save himself first. GET THE FUCK ON WITH IT DANBO.

They have ported almost all their games to mobile at this stage. Are they making more money on mobile? is there any news on them making a new game.

>Are they making more money on mobile?
big time, my understanding is it's their bulk profit source now.

get dodonpachi western wr

i did think about learning the helicopter but honestly learning chains is fucking miserable for me.

>monkeys copy replays
>monkeys love banana

Attached: 1516821024204.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

want western wr

Attached: 1510292202189.png (778x512, 45K)

Still at work for 2 more hours and can't easily be arsed to make new threads from my phone.

bump

So someone mentioned Feveron was getting a console NA/EU localization?

xbox one/ps4

Why do so many games on mame always have easy modes in the game options (f2), although they actually don't even do anything?

I wished I could play a more casual version of Psikyo games. They are so fun to play but I can't survive 3 stages in them.

Surely this is a good sign for the future, right?

it could come to the relevant system some day

switch ports are coming

cannot wait

Thinking which Astro Port game I should play next

>Steel Strider
>Wolflame
>Zangeki Warp

Probably gonna leave Zangeki Warp for a dessert

Steel Strider

I don't think it's the mobile ports that's doing it for them, I think it's the gacha in Gothic wa Mahou Otome.

>is there any news on them making a new game
Pretty sure they were doing something a few months ago but I forget what. It may or may not have also been a mobile game.

Attached: crossover team 2.png (1080x1920, 2.44M)

It's another mobile game. Details are scant but it was being nicknamed 3jus for a while. It doesn't appear to be a shmup at all.

Correction it does appear to have the style of a twinstick shooter, but on mobile.

youtu.be/5K4Mzq9bBrw

Bahmpu~

Attached: 16 - 8.png (358x389, 127K)

What is happening in this image?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

wew unironically pawarumi better than ikapooga

Looks like Windia is laying on a bed. Though it does seem a little odd.

Attached: 49518281_p0.jpg (732x614, 235K)

Casper playing pranks on Windia again by replacing her bedding with coffin linen.

For some reason I had remembered Windia lying in a bed of roses in that stage clear image, not just some regular bed-looking thing. I don't know why I thought that, I know it's a thing on the 360 game cover, at least.

Attached: 67845948_p0.png (1000x1405, 892K)

Casper replaced her bed with quicksand.

of course it, ikapooga is the worst shmup EVER MADE, according to china

There is most likely a Rosa hidden just below the framing of the picture

That is a lot of effort to go through just to make sure Windia has to sleep on the couch.

For what purpose

Attached: 1457581801502.jpg (574x765, 214K)

try Storm Blade

Huh...that happened. Anyone here who can enlighten me who this guy is?

youtube.com/watch?v=djXSHksTKA0

this looks awful

Attached: 1518936565636.png (645x729, 105K)

funny, you say the same thing when you look in the mirror

wut? espgaluda arrange is top tier and miles beter than the boring original.

sinmoon, he has a bunch of records. I think its him who has akai katana and ketsuipachi records.

looks like she is dying

deathsmiles mbl wr holder

>ikapooga is the worst shmup EVER MADE
it's like a modern version of r-type... it's the BEST ever made

can anyone tell me what version ddp ressurection is on steam? v1.06?

What the hell was Irem thinking when they made the stage 3 boss in Image Fight?
It's a great game, but this boss is just complete bullshit.

I HATE CHECKPOINTS
WORST FUCKING GAME DESIGN

Back then it was a smart game design, because otherwise the games would have been too easy.
I think they just made it like this because they couldn't add too many bullets or complex patterns to the games. The deadlines also were much smaller for games back then, so they couldn't add too much content.

>The deadlines also were much smaller for games back then
completely the opposite is true.

>because otherwise the games would have been too easy.
Gradius 3 would of been easy? the first loop would of been easier but still hard and the loops would still be murder.

>completely the opposite is true.
Gradius was made in 8 months which was still a rather long developement period compared to other games from that time. That's much less than modern shmups, which usually take at least 2 years or something. Plus the developer teams also were much smaller back then.

>Gradius 3 would of been easy?
Of course it would have been easy. Checkpoints is literally the only thing which makes these games difficult. Otherwise anyone could clear them first try or something, even if they would add much less extends.

>the first loop would of been easier
It would be A LOT easier. Too easy.

>It would be A LOT easier. Too easy.
Prove it.

>Checkpoints is literally the only thing which makes these games difficult.
if this was true no one would die in the first place you fucking idiot. Doesn't even matter what power ups you do or don't have at the ice rush, they're literally irrelevant and it's always super hard.

>Prove it
Just play the games and see for yourself. The only hard part about R-Type for example is, that you are not allowed to die almost at all, because otherwise you get send back totally underpowered. That's mainly what makes the game difficult, since you must memorize really difficult recovery strats otherwise.

>if this was true no one would die in the first place you fucking idiot
When you play these games you do almost never die, except you are a fucking retard like yourself.
You only die very rarely, but since they have checkpoints and take away your power ups, a single fuck up often still means game over.

Of course loop 25 or whatever of Gradius is an other story, but I am just talking about loop 1+2 here obviously, because those are which count the most for a game. If those are too easy to clear, then the whole game is too easy.

>Just play the games and see for yourself.
I have, you haven't even cleared gradius 3 have you? or 4? or even gaiden?

>gradius
>r-type

Attached: closeup-portrait-sick-young-woman-to-throw-up-vomit-white-background-73632909.jpg (1300x1390, 86K)

DANBO HURRY THE FUCK UP, STOP CRYING AND WANKING.

I have cleared Gradius, R-Type Leo, almost got a 2ALL in R-Type and almost cleared R-Type Final on hardest difficulty.

Once you practiced R-Type or Gradius a bit, you only die very rarely in them. You can especially notice this when comparing the Japanese and US version of R-Type Leo, since in the US version they removed checkpoints. And once you practiced the game a bit, the US version becomes so easy, you can clear it always without any effort.

Oh and I also got a 1all in X-Multiply, I think. There it's the same. The only really hard part about the game is basically just the endboss. If you would have no checkpoints in it, it would be too easy.

>I have cleared Gradius, R-Type Leo, almost got a 2ALL in R-Type and almost cleared R-Type Final on hardest difficulty.
>I also got a 1all in X-Multiply

What a surprise every game you listed isn't a hard game to begin with. Go clear raiden 2 or gradius 3/4 before you speak again.

>mommy look how tough I can act on the internet by being an elitist on video games
Also Raiden 2 is known for being an unbalanced shit game. Why would I play this? Usually games with checkpoints are not that difficult. You are just cherry picking with games known for bullshit difficulty.

Why won't the bullets and enemies in Ikaruga switch colors instead? Functionally the same but reads much better when the color of things you avoid and absorb is constant.

>What a surprise every game you listed isn't a hard game to begin with
fact, you don't even play these games

Attached: 1512328018512.png (647x775, 13K)

it's almost time for depressed dumbo to apologise for another delay

Attached: my first time doing anal.png (640x427, 214K)

Wouldn't make any sense at all to be so powerful that you could manipulate the world around you like this.

>Functionally the same
Not at all.

>reads much better
Not at all.

>making fun of people for having depressions
Primitive bottom of the barrel behaviour.

How wouldn't it? Both version make safe bullets dangerous and vice versa with the press of a button.

>appeasing those who wallow in self pity and the currency of victimhood

Fuck off you faggot, we all got problems, doesn't mean you have to be a sorry for yourself crippled faggot bitch.

How wouldn't what?

It would just look retard and nonsensical to be this powerful to manipulate everything in the fucking game world like this.

It also would be way more confusing if you constantly change colors of enemies. It would make enemy placement memorization much more confusing and difficult.

Go and play Poowarumi if you want confusing color based systems.

Aggressive assholes like you should be executed. The world would be a better place.

How do you keep up with their news? Japanese isn't a problem.

Using your logic it was also justified and correct behaviour when Logan Paul filmed and made fun of this Japanese guy who committed suicide. You are obviously a sociopath.

Moo

Attached: 2573892_p0.png (1000x642, 200K)

>wahhwahh i don't want to be responsible for myself

not even remotely related you thick cunt, infact i have no idea where you think the link is. Being a self loathing self pitying little bitch solves NOTHING so pull your fucking pants up and start becoming an adult male.

>Being a self loathing self pitying little bitch
You make the dumb mistake to assume that everyone who is depressed only is in this state due to self loathing/self pitying.

I have no idea where you got that idea from, but I guess it just fits your narrative of finding targets to look down upon.

found cee's selfie

Attached: 1520289611852.jpg (1600x875, 218K)

is good? store.steampowered.com/app/493670/Valkyrius_Prime/

Cavemobile YouTube channel. Also there is this site for the game.

3jus.jp

Looks nice. Surprised I've never seen this before. A bit too easy maybe. The warp mechanic looks a bit broken, but I can only judge from the previews.

Bump!

Attached: 7fedb40b4b3ffc01fa285b430d74ff355f0591e6_hq.gif (500x281, 442K)

Attached: 15213112745250.jpg (604x452, 58K)

/r/ing cee's r-type 2-all replay

why are there so little "C button features" for shmups
like 90% of shmups merely use smart bombs there, sometimes a hyper mode, that's pretty much it

that cuz shmups for brainlets

why are you depressed then? grandad died?

the reason that you even ask why someone is depressed shows me it makes no sense talking to you
instead of asking why someone is depressed, it would make much more sense to ask why someone should not be depressed

i would be depressed to if
1. i put thousands of hours into this dead end shite genre
2. i developed games for this dead shite genre that no1 will play
3. i watched anime
4. i was european

kek you're hopeless, enjoy your rut.

good list desu, agree on all points.