/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
[3/21] Deviljho and weapon rebalancing in update 2.00 - capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2018/03/21/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous

Attached: XXUSJ.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/choji1227/status/977029398850236416
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Room/Session/Lobby/ID: 67L6xFapPeRR
Playstation 4
T2/T3/Deviljho Whatever you want!

Get in here and let's hunt!

Attached: 1518707642536.jpg (335x454, 59K)

Have a good thread, /mhg/.

Attached: Hanako 9G.gif (1000x640, 1.71M)

Can someone explain Critical Element to me?

I’m doing a ton a TON less damage on a element bow than my Cera. My crits are very weak. If I’m understanding this currently element damage doesn’t Crit unless you have Critical Element? Is that correct?

For every crit you get, your element damages increases. The boost is stopped by your weapons cap.

>Why should you get to play "with what you like" if you don't extend that same courtesy to others?

Because they're mentally ill and don't deserve respect. They should be treated the same as you'd treat a gambling addict or an alcoholic, with distant scorn

>Called out
Are we in high school? I don't care about the opinion of someone who's mentally ill.

I like video games, I play hundreds of hours of them every year. But I play for FUN, not out of some autistic enjoyment of seeing a number go up or down like a gambling addict who gets an adrenaline rush from the highs and lows.

I honestly do not believe people like that enjoy playing games, they just enjoy the routine of the grind. Their appreciating of the game is as advanced as cookie clicker, I don't respect players like that.

I do not respect players who use games to enable their mental illness

Bullying.
twitter.com/choji1227/status/977029398850236416

Are there no limited bounties this week or what?

nth for mentally ill fags

Huntresses

Attached: 546324431.jpg (980x1404, 1.1M)

It allows your element to crit when your weapon does. Normally a critical with your weapon will only increase the raw value of the weapon, while the element remains a flat, static number.

Imagine being this mad others are better than you at video games. The fucking mental gymnastics.

Then why does it seem like my Cera bow does more damage than my Jho Bow even when attacking a monster weak to dragon?

I see the download for citra in the pastebin. But I do not see the XX download. Do I just find that on an emulator site?

holy shit he actually killed him

Keep it alive anons, I'm gonna join in a few hours when I'm off work.

Man I simply can't find any of the weapons fun in this iteration of monster hunter

Great, he's posting on multiple comps/phones
Because you're not geared for Element damage. It requires specific skills.

So am I to assume the Jho Horn is great?

Heads up, got a (non-tempered) investigation up for Jho and both Raths in the fap room, 2 silver and 2 gold boxes. Get it while it's hot.

They show up when whatever timezone hits Friday

>release 7* monster
>his weapons are better than endgame monster (8*)
why

I assume they'll just update later. This week is three Kula Ya-Kus, five Brute Wyverns, and five 9* quests.

Jyuratodus has some of the best weapons in the game, where have you been?

Yes, it's the best one-size-fits-all horn now.

cause this isn't an mmo
also I wish most of his weapons were good

So if I get 3+ dragon attack AND element crit I’d notice a difference?

Any idea what the cap on Jho dragon attack is yet?

Attached: 3C6B54B6-7616-4AD5-91E4-783E49375630.gif (294x326, 162K)

Probably at around 3 dragon up gems, like with most elemental weapons.

brutal. nice.

>mfw having to get used to not having 2/3 Evade Distance

I feel so sluggish but the DPS is so good,

Attached: 1520874663159.jpg (1080x1145, 150K)

2 dragon gems but I think his bow is a bit worse than vaal

Yes, mh1, 2, 3 and 3u

Because it's fucking Jho.

kill screens

Attached: DZAE-ZFUQAAmWHj.jpg large.jpg (2048x1152, 380K)

holy fuck? i thought turf wars wont kill ?

Higher dragon damage, much better raw and high seal. Just no slots.

Jho being strong is a meme, I don't know why the devs catered to the vocal minority who keeps memeing Jho as if he's an equal to EDs.
Rajang makes fucking sense, he literally eats a ED. Jho? He's a goofball

List of problems with Monster Hunter World:

>Healing while running, can dodge while healing, move while shooting
>Many other actions can also be dodged out, including sharpening
>Traps are placed almost instantly
>Weapons in general are more mobile and stronger, think adept + brave movesets from XX combined
>Except for the hunting horn, the weakest weapon in 4U and Generations, which got NERFED in World
>Even easier mounting thanks to much lower mounting threshold (sometimes activating the mount after 1 hit), with the grappling hook taking you right back into the monster even if you fall off as a consequence of an attack
>Environment recovers health, puts the monster to sleep, paralyzes it, etc.
>Can refill your items anytime, including potions
>Mantles give you OP abilities like no knockback, never be seen by the monster unless you attack or a full new health bar
>Monsters do not adapt to these changes, resulting in an incredibly easy game from start to finish
>Monsters have been given more generous weakspots, the main example is Diablos with a 40 MV in its head for blunt weapons, as well as a new 45/63/40 weakspot on its head. What this means is that monsters die much more quickly, as well as making them more exploitable
>31 Large monsters, most of them are tutorials (Great Jagras), gimmicks (Zorah) or irrelevant (Dodogama)
>It has the worst High rank final boss in the entire series
>Areas are huge and can be confusing, chasing down the monster takes a lot longer than in previous games, to the point where hunts can be 50% chasing and 50% hunting
>3 monsters per area means monsters encounters are much more common, making cheap hits from attacks you can’t see or getting combed by 2 monsters at the same time much more common. It wouldn’t be so much of a problem if dung was easy to farm, however they made it even more annoying and time consuming than before.

Continuing on the next post

Attached: 1518288917936.png (1434x430, 429K)

Xbox One /mhg/ squad is open and recruiting! Will post this thrice a thread! Session ID: 3KmruLNRLZ6
Join for tempered hunts, the /mhg/ squad, arena quests, arm wrestling and more!!
>inb4 "lol no one joins"
Probably right. Just trying to fill the /mhg/ squad to start having squad sessions open

Come join the /mhg/ squad anons, it's fun and comfy.

Jho eats everything.
Also Jho was never hard. No one ever said he was. He's just a well-liked monster and is an annoying asshole.

Not technically a turf war

Man, aiming down sights ruined call of duty, how can you enjoy the game if you know where the bullet will go before you pull the trigger.

Do we know which rarity tier the Boost GS is going to be in yet?

Attached: 1483508285704.jpg (1274x1800, 943K)

Why no tempered Jho? Are they just gonna make Savage Jho the temper?

Maybe GIVE HIM A FUCKING SET BONUS

Right in the goddamn chin

>Getting tempered elder quests requires complete reliance on RNG and can take hours thanks to the slow loading times
>Teostra, Kushala, Deviljho got gimped, their fights are much easier and uninteresting, the supernova especially taking much longer to fire and Deviljho dealing barely any damage at all, with its signature moves all getting slowed down
>Heartbeat shows about how much health the monster has left
>No G-Rank, though it is expected from the first game in a generation
>90% of the weapons in the game are reskins of the bone and iron weapon models, with monster parts glued on it. Contrary to popular belief, this does not change in high rank, the weapons still look the same.
>New skill system removes negative skills and is dumbed down for the masses
>The system makes so using full sets are almost never worth using, making the classic “fashion vs optimal armor” battle even more one sided.
>No gunner armor. No, alpha and beta armor are not replacements to the old gunner / blademaster dynamic, mainly because of the fact both usually have the exact same skills on them;
>On that note, Alpha and Beta armor look almost the same.
>Soundtrack feels generic in certain areas and a step down from older games
>The music for past monsters was changed for the worse, Deviljho especially
>Pre order bonuses and day 1 DLC
>DLC is overpriced content that should've been in the game in the first place
>Events now cost money as well
>Quests only available only during a certain timeframe
>This means essential, end game gear, are going to be locked behind a time frame. An example is the wiggler helmet, which 2 points into the wide range skill, there’s no other helm like in the game
>Guild and village quests were merged, amount of quests lowered drastically
>Lobby system is garbage
>So is the squad system

Continuing on the next post

Attached: dlc.png (992x1223, 748K)

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180320114555.jpg (1920x1080, 344K)

The best GS either was or still is fucking Jagras, the tutorial monster. Welcome to the New World.

Thats not a true turf war, however it is a unique set of animations.

Comfy!

Attached: 1497893177739.gif (250x207, 487K)

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180221201314.jpg (1920x1080, 379K)

now that the weapon balances are out. are all the weapons kind of even? what weapon still needs a buff or nerf?

Attached: 67762329_p0.jpg (2480x3507, 3.39M)

Yes

>Playing the story missions with other people is bad, with you needing to see the cutscene first, then send an SoS signal, only then, other people can join.
>Can't give rooms names, nor give them a password
>Only way to reliably play with randoms is to use the SoS system, which means you will be fighting almost dead monsters with people who will leave as soon as its dead
>No way to play offline without turning off the internet
>The chat is awful and encourages people to not use it
>Loading is much longer than before, with quests needing two different loading screens
>You can't pause the game
>Transmogging removed, only decorative armor are the ones you have to buy as DLC
>Only 1 palico is allowed, no different classes
>Cats no longer can use special abilities like in XX or 4U

Feel free to add to the list

Attached: a.png (1880x380, 274K)

Attached: ff5.jpg (1920x1080, 115K)

Capture screen but eh

Attached: odogaronbondage.jpg (1920x1080, 663K)

>Hunt Deviljhos for lance
>2 gems from 3 hunts
>Hunt Doggos for coil
>no gem in 8 runs

Is that doujin any good for a fap and if so, sauce?

Buff cunny

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180321160810.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

jho's has lower dragon damage, not higher
and no slots is pretty big considering bow lives off of crits and a double slot allows for more crit boost

Stop being a contrarian fag will ya.

Attached: DZAsWlDWkAA-kgH.jpg (1200x675, 122K)

I’ll add this to the list:
Shut the fuck up, you retarded nigger. No one fucking cares. End your life.

Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 8/8

No real need. Not like it'll fix anything by complaining about it.
hopefully whatever complaints that are major will be addressed. until then I will continue playing the game.

>tfw

Attached: Monster Hunter- World_20180323154343.webm (720x680, 1.66M)

>World cuck this mad his shitty game is being made fun of
Kek

>FapPeRR

Nice try user.
I even thought it was a real session for a moment.

It is lol

Expand DonGS.
Kill rat.

Attached: DZAsjMOW0AAGJWw.jpg:orig.jpg (1920x1080, 245K)

also no negative affinity, probably the biggest upside here

If being a threat to the ecosystem for eating a bunch of harmless shit non-stop is solely all it takes to be an Elder Dragon then the Handler also qualifies.

Make fun of the game all you want, I just wanted to say something funny.

yo this is crazy its almost exactly like what happened to /nosg/ let me see if i can find my copypasta

Crit boost doesn't effect element, and barely effects low raw elemental weapons.

Holy fucking autism.

>Teammates stand infront of vaal
>Promptly miasma beamed and fail my mission
Just stand on its sides wtf

That's my point, they only said shit like this because of retards like you who keep jerking it to the thought of jho being da strongest mohnstr

Leave that faggot ass shitposting garbo to /v/ my dude

lol found it
lets get this out of the way early
"le trandate of trannies lmao tran tran TRANNNNN TRANTRANNY TRAN TRAN le underaged 16 yearold dicks le trans tranny tran tran le 77th fastest clear time of trans trannies"
>tranny underage dicks tranny reddit cancer orbiter tranny clique loot council corrupt aids madti erp bridge aspie roastie tranny pile of rocks 82th server clear dog guild pedo edgemasters dads freezing band loeiz guild bank earwen babymetal literal children officer artie tranny nudes just nutted ama salty keks dank budders experienced raid lead MC speedrun tranny snapchat Nihilum success where is the proof tranny drama paladin mom discord child penis channel ironfoe boypussy choker tranny healing meters 39% damage increase

>literally just died to a non-tempered Diablos

Time to kms I guess.

Attached: 1520568479751.jpg (411x412, 15K)

I know it doesn't, and vaal's isn't really low raw. the -25% affinity is a pretty big deal though

Augment for Pandemonium's Root?

Attached: pandemoniums_root.png (230x230, 7K)

source please

They said it's as threatening as an elder dragon, not that it is one.

>eating a bunch of harmless shit
Yeah, like eating all the predators and prey of any ecosystem alike, breaking it completely. That sure is a lot of harmless shit.

>only then can other people join
Confirmed for never played with a friend. as long as you both are in the same session, once they see that cutscene you can join their hunt like any other

>Xbox

Attached: 1520392275659.jpg (669x696, 78K)

Don't reply to xx discordshitters

You ever played on one?

Youtube cucks keep saying I should be farming vouchers this reset. Anyone familiar with MH know how often meal vouchers come up as freebies?

Attached: voucher.jpg (1200x675, 120K)

Anyone have any Jho gold reward investigations? Ive used up most of mine and have yet to get a god damn gem.

>min-maxing in a pve game with no leaderboards or any sort of pvp at all.

Attached: 1521325512334.png (703x911, 19K)

Attached: 67885983_p0.jpg (3000x1687, 894K)

Attached: Monster Hunter World Screenshot 2018-03-22 20-18-31.jpg (1920x1080, 542K)

What is it?

[Inoue Makito] Girls Who Go Too Far - Mayu-chan
Now answer me, dipshits.

just sell it and farm jho its garbage

The thing is he just ruins entire ecosystems because he eats both, predators and prey, faster than they can repopulate eventually leading to an ecological disaster. He's not considered an elder dragon and no one says he is. It's just that his impact on the enviroment is on a similar scale to them or maybe worse because he's not territorial at all.
He goes to one place, fucks it up, and moves to the next.