Hurr culture doesn't exist...

>hurr culture doesn't exist, humans are just identical mindless automatons that output civilisation if you input resources according to a fixed algorithm

Why did historical materialism become so prevalent, especially on this board? How is this not obvious to everyone how completely ludicrous this is? Is it because Western culture has been so utterly destroyed that some people can no longer even recognise its existence?

PROTESTANT WORK-ETHIC

because of leftist incursion

when you're too busy jerking off to dead philosowanks real history is hard to find time for

Protestant work ethic does exist though, it's just overrated and only ever resulted in personal wealth acquisition. The success of the West is entirely founded on Catholicism.

>strawman argument

>major generalization

>inability to assert any argument to the contrary

>appeal to tradition

Wow, very impressive OP, got any more up your sleeve?

>hurr culture doesn't exist, humans are just identical mindless automatons that output civilisation if you input resources according to a fixed algorithm

The level of strawmanning nationalist weenies resort too when their favorite abstraction is questioned just boggles the mind.

>The success of the West is entirely founded on Catholicism.

'No'.

Culture exist, but it is material in its nature.

>m-muh strawman
>I never said culture doesn't exist, I just said it's completely irrelevant!

marxcucks please, just follow your own retarded statements to their logical conclusion.

Yes.

What does that even mean?

communists will be hanged when the time is right

parasites deserve only death

How can culture exist without material base?

simple. ask any poor or primitive culture.

> parasites deserve only death
This is why we should kill all the useless CEO's and such.

It isn't like this guys have zero materal to work with, even if they are poor as fuck.

stories and sayings and shit are culture, though, and you don't need anything material for those.

Well as soon as you leave a single person's consciousness you have to traverse the material world, that's a pretty obvious fact. But historical materialists believe that consciousness, both singular and collective, either doesn't exist or is of no consequence.

They believe for example, to simplify, that Gothic architecture or the scientific revolution are simply the mechanical consequence of West Europeans having access to turnips.

>t. neet who produces nothing but judgements against capitalism

Great insight from wage slave.

Did you just said that according to marxists Class Consciousness is not real?

Historical materialism is a meme, so is Jared Diamond.

Geographical determinism however is completely valid. The fact is, no matter how talented you are, it is next to impossible if not physically impossible to accomplish certain things without the resources to do so. Even if you have the resources it can still be very unlikely that someone would make the discovery and figure out how to use them, generally the more resources in a region for artisans to fiddle around with the more likely the inhabitants will be the first to stumble across it.

You will say "herpdederp there is oil in Africa why didn't they have helicopters in 3000 BC and shit", the reason for that is they must go through developmental stages beforehand.

great insight from the man who spends his time coming onto rival sites in desperate attempt to convert people to his beliefs

and doing a classic leftist job of it too ;)

Sure, lack of certain resources will make certain things difficult or impossible, but the inverse isn't true. Having access to resources isn't sufficient for developing a civilisation, let alone complex achievements such as the scientific revolution.

> rival sites
> muh great meme war of 2016
are you 12 years old or what

He's not the one posting with his redditor friends about trying to "convert Veeky Forums to leftism" by raiding Veeky Forums.

There is no need to convert Veeky Forums, as original 4chaners like me were left by default... Before retarded /pol/acks migration here.

Veeky Forums has been predominantly far right long before /pol/ even existed newfag.

Any differences in intelligence aren't enough to account for differences between civilizations.

You could have an IQ of 160, but if you are fleeing from rampaging mongols you're not going to be able to accomplish much compared to someone with a 130 IQ who runs a comfy business in an Italian city state with plenty of access to trade, new ideas and opportunities.

early Veeky Forums would fap to trannies before going "lol hitler niggerfaggots" because it made people salty

whether you consider this left wing or right wing in your left versus right false dichotomy meme is up to you

early Veeky Forums didn't give a fuck about politics it was about making sensitive groups of people like furfags butthurt all the time

this current trend of millennials le internet debate wars!!!111 comes from /new/ and all the political divisiveness in murica since the late bush/obama admin

What are you even babbling about? I fap to trannies and I'm far right.

Why the fuck are you talking about IQ? That's just more historical materialism.

>early Veeky Forums would fap to trannies
>implying we don't do it now

When did strawmans become so popular, especially on this board?

Diamond is a weak non-historian but I still doubt you've read him.

Hi Sam.

>marxcucks

>communists

more strawmen

>simple. ask any poor or primitive culture.
ah now I see what you're doing. You say something outrageously stupid to bait a vaguely materialist response out of us, and then call us Marxists. As Schopenhauer said: "A quick way of getting rid of an opponent’s assertion, or of throwing suspicion on it, is by putting it into some odious category."

Well anyway I'll bite. Primitive peoples don't live suspended in a vacuum. They're every bit as affected by material circumstance as everyone else.

>it was about making sensitive groups of people like furfags butthurt all the time
It's still the same, except the sensitive group is now the political correctness crowd/SJWs/"leftists". If, say, the alt-right goes mainstream, Veeky Forums will turn left again.
I'm honestly surprised more people who have been here all along (or claim that they have) don't get this.