What's the best book in the Old Testament and why is it Isaiah?

What's the best book in the Old Testament and why is it Isaiah?

Other urls found in this thread:

bricktestament.com/genesis/god_annihilates_people_of_sodom_and_gomorrah/01_gn19_01.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I suppose you could say because it speaks of Christ, but I personally like Sirach.

Isaiah is great because it proves how dishonest and double-dealing Christians are, as well as being extremely poetic.

Anything outside of the Otrah is literal shit. Especially the Babylonian sorcery of Isaiah and Jeremih.

Exodus. Its very easy to identify with it for anyone who was ever in a leadershi position, or a position where you have to explain stuff to people, convince them that they are wrong. The Jews (meaning the averade people in general) are portrayed as so agressively stupid it's amazing. They are following Moses who literally has God guiding him. He proves it by performing miracles and the Jews even see and hear God. It's obvious they should do what this guy sais. Yet they constantly think they know better than Moses, argue with him, srart worshipping other gods even though they just heard Yahve speak etc.

It's a very interesting and accurate case study of how much can people deny reality and believe ridiculous shit even though it can be disproved with minimal logic. Just think of all the idiot conspiracy theorists, sjws, pol posters.

It's Ecclesiastes.

If I had a choice between saving the Bible and saving the complete works of Shakespeare, Ecclesiastes is the only reason I'd opt for the Bible, and even then I'd try to bargain saving some of even the bad works of Shakespeare by tossing out the rest of the Bible.

Ecclesiastes has a simple, timeless message that humanity still grapples with to this day.

This or The Song of Solomon.

Goddamn I have GOT to stop going on /pol/. All I could think of, reading this thoughtful post with actual Biblical/literary commentary, was
>Jews
>people

I'm not even fucking anti-Semitic. I just spend too much time hanging out on here.

Can Veeky Forums read me a bedtime story from Isaiah? Or do I need to read it by myself?

>(((you)))

Sure, I've got one.

Once upon a time, a man named Ahaz was king of part of the divided kingdom, the southern half, Judah. Jerusalem was still an important city, and the northern kingdom would have liked to grab it. So Pekah, the king of the northern kingdom, made an alliance with Rezin, the king of Aram ( a group in what's now south-central syria) against Ahaz.

Ahaz was worried, the war looked bleak; he held onto his capital, but couldn't do much more. Worried, he looked to God for help, and through his prophet, Isaiah, Ahaz got a message.

That the Lord himself would send a sign, that a young woman who was pregnant at that moment would soon give birth to a son, Immanuel, but before that child would even know how to discern between good and evil, or eat semi-solid food like curds and honey, the alliance against him shall fall apart, and he will be triumphant.

Then, hundreds of years later, Christians took this story and decided it was about Jesus, because they're stupid.

mmm, this one always gets me. not as much as the "prophecy" Jesus fulfilled in Psalm 22 though

>AM 5777
>Not appreciating the literary comedy of Esther

Leviticus

Sorry but you misspelled Job.

Why?

I prefer the last book. It has edgy beast, like from the anime.

> Which messages specifically? The only thing I know about Ecclesiastes is that the protagonist from Fahrenheit 451 memorizes it. I'm a pleb who's still only halfway through exodus. And whatever parts I've bothered to read from the brick testament bricktestament.com/genesis/god_annihilates_people_of_sodom_and_gomorrah/01_gn19_01.html

Sorry, wasn't supposed to be a greentxt.
Here, have a rape

>he likes the feminist book
Gtfo sjw

Ecclesiastes in my mind echos the sentiments of the existentialists and the absurdists, grappling with the knowledge that everything you do is pointless because it will all some day come to ruin and you'll wind up in the grave (which in the words of Solomon is the end of all knowledge). Solomon suggests that one should eat, drink, and be merry, taking pleasure in the little things of life, try to live a good life, and to stay afraid of God, rather than obsessing about the pointless vanities that will ultimately come to nothing.

t. Samaritan

Sorry, I'm new. But Psalm 22 is a false Bible, right?

what do you mean by "false bible"?

Sorry, I've no idea what I'm talking about? Ignore me.

Continue your discussion about your favorite books in the Bible.

Thanks user! That's why I love this board. I learned about something new in a concise and well reasoned explanation.

> Not choosing Ezekiel
I personally like this book more, the colorful descriptions of the otherworldly angels and the throne of god Is something that is unique and special in the entire bible - the only thing close is revelations which in my opinion is talked about a little too much by Christians but to be fair it is filled with exciting stuff so its understandable.