/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General - Bring Her Back Edition

DLC + Big update with possible balance changes launches March 28th

MUST READ Reasources pastebin.com/Q9eDXF2j

Bardock breakdown youtube.com/watch?v=CCQwP4_eYeA
Broly breakdown youtube.com/watch?v=bvnpzHoFEJk

Attached: 1494334908333.jpg (640x960, 79K)

I want Launch-san to murder me

>Big update with possible balance changes
More like confirmed balance patch. Maxishillian has the Broly/Bardock build of the game and there are visual, distinct nerfs to Vegeta's assist and 16's 5H.

Vegeta assist is apparently quicker and fires 2 less shots, which nerfs both lockdown and combo extension without making them impossible. I'm going to assume that 16's armor starts up only once he's moving and is not infinite anymore, 1-2 hits probably.

thats huge. that means the balance patch is actually a full patch and not just a few adjustments. holy shit im excited.

Still haven't seen decisive proof on Vegeta assist being nerfed.

>has the Broly/Bardock build of the game
no he just went to Bandai Namco and played that build and recorded footage

Reminder that Max is a shitty yellow square who should stick to MvC and SF and anyone who takes him at face value is normie casual scum.

Attached: 1521975329414.png (1280x720, 778K)

>taking that square shit seriously at all

Attached: 1504477727043.gif (467x490, 1.25M)

I'm absolutely fucking done with the ragequitting, no wonder the game is fucking dead.

Seriously this is unacceptable.

How about you wait literally 2 days for the patch notes before acting like an overgrown baby? And it's the most alive fighting game of all time btw.

it's an arcsys game, they don't know how to make online work.

the only thing you can do is boycott their work and keep complaining about it until they fix it, it's a good thing this game is already bleeding players like crazy because it doesn't deserve any more succes.

>samefagging

Not him but Jive is sadly more active when it comes to ranked play at least.

The issue with this game is that the IP attracts a lot of Spanish/Mexican players etc who tend to be really bad with ragequitting and stuff.

>ragequit defense force

forgot it's euro hours so it's okay to pull the plug now.

Not exactly, it just has crossplay so it feels that way and the fact that you can't search both ranked and casual at the same time hurts DBFZ as well, and you can't turn on and off match search within training mode hurts it too. Hope they put that in the patch.

>blues and greens
>ever not being complete shit
>yellows and reds
>mostly shit but with a few diamonds in the rough
>pink
>ragequitters and tierfags with 1% actually being good
Squares are dumb, but if you're blue or green you legitimately suck balls at this game

Attached: 1520064520737.jpg (858x1171, 173K)

>The issue with this game is that the IP attracts a lot of Spanish/Mexican players etc who tend to be really bad with ragequitting and stuff.
The rage quitting in SFV was much worse and it happened for an entire year before they fixed it. You clearly don't even play fighting games.

And on that note unfortunately I must go. Good games though. I'll definitely put up lobbies again. Feel free to add me on Steam. SaintMIKAL, search and you'll find.

>win game: +1000 points
>lose game: -3000

why would i ever rematch?

I'm starting to struggle to have fun with the game too.

Not sure if I want to buy the season pass anymore, I hope the balance changes are significant.

2 out of 5 problems have been confirmed nerfed (Vegeta assist & 16). Gohan's pressure/toolset, Black's 2H, and something of Cell's (I really don't know what to nerf that isn't his base damage or very minor tech) remain.

I'm also hoping for some buffs. I don't play any of the bottom characters like Krillin/Teen Gohan/Beerus but I think they should get something in the patch. A Tien buff would be cool since I main him but I don't think he needs it, you know?

What are you struggling with?
I have several complaints aswell.

>almost done with achievements
>don't have a single Arena Match related achievement
I have literally never seen anyone touch this mode. How am I meant to spectate/participate if no one plays it? What does it even work like?

it was the best mode when the servers were overflowing with people, if you try playing it after the big update you might get to do it. you have to look for the arena lobby though. everyone stands in a circle in the middle of the lobby and you get matched with someone in the circle for one match then you come back and repeat.

like a ring match with friends except with randoms
so get some fags to help you

losing a match, rematching and then having him disconnect as you were about to win is really, really frustrating to me, i'm probably a manchild because of it but it actually seriously bothers me.

i don't really mind top tiers but the ones in this game are aggressively unfun to play against, i don't even run into that many troublesome Gohan's because they're not good enough to play like Go1 but something like 16 or Cell's oki in a netplay environment is just really stressful in a less than ideal way.

this one is more personal and probably wrong but vanish as a mechanic can annoy me too, i know it's not broken but god can it be annoying in netplay, movement also doesn't feel that great because backdashing/dashing can be hit by superdash and you're pretty free to superdash when airborne too.

i think the game, much like other ASW games, was very much made with only local play in mind, as someone who can't go to locals i just don't find online fun enough to seriously invest in.

>i think the game, much like other ASW games, was very much made with only local play in mind, as someone who can't go to locals i just don't find online fun enough to seriously invest in.

It's not made for local play, it's made with mostly Japan in mind, Go1 said he thought playing online at Justin Wong's place was irritating and unfun.

I hate to say it but Leffen had some long ass rant on twitter/stream (? not sure I don't really watch him) about how a product like this is basically a dinosaur in 2018 and that it's not surprise it bleeds players.

Netcode issues are the only true thing "killing" this game, they have to look into it or else it is going to fucking die for good.
Top tiers are a pain, honestly. Not only because they are good because they are all easy as fuck to pick.
Black is in 8 out of 10 games, Cell is braindead to play and a single corner loop makes your character's hp bar dissappear from 100% to 40%, 16 is annoying as fuck, moreso with Vegeta-Black and Gohan is literally a free pass to Demon rank at least.

>Movement also doesn't feel that great because backdashing/dashing can be hit by superdash and you're pretty free to superdash when airborne too.
This is so true, movement is mostly random in the sense that I bet my ass nobody in this game knows what he is doing 100% of the time due to the shitty ari combat mechanics.

>Cell's oki
What does he even do on oki that's unique to him? All I see people do is IAD jML a lot, any character can do that.

perfect attack shit can be pretty annoying when covered with vegeta, but vegeta getting nerfed might make it more manageable.

i should say i think black is actually the least broken out of the strong candidates, i think 16, gohan, cell, "vegeta assist" and kid buu are all pretty far above him.

Perfect Attack isn't even a good oki option since you can block high or low. It's more annoying at the end of blockstrings with L/M crossups when covered by assists.

cell doesnt even get a lot of oki, this guy doesnt know what hes saying. what he has is a lot of strong neutral tools and good combo extension but he needs meter

>tfw game is full of Gohan/16 players
>soon Bardock and Broly will be everywhere
>can finally play my boy Black and not feel like a complete homo

What's general opinion on Kid Buu anyways? He seems somewhat under the radar for how good he is imo.

You are a fucking faggot eitherways for playing him

During the beta
>"top tier unga bunga!"
Now
>underwhelming character, weird hit boxes, pretty shit desu

What? He's easily top 5.

You give him way too much credit. He can be good if you put in the time with him but hea no better or worse than your average saiyan in this game. Hes on par with gotenks. Really underwhelming though once you figure him out.

lol i'm sorry but that's wrong, are you confusing him with fat buu?

Fat Buu is more fun than Kid Buu.

strong and solid. if they nerf every top tier but him, all the shitters will complain about him next

When is Goten being added to this game?

>kid buu is underwhelming
>as bad as gotenks

Yeah it's EU hours alright.

Gimme that (you) you slut

He's still top tier unga bunga, Buu also has some really dirty traits to his moves (such as the ability to hit behind with Mystic Ball at certain distances) and erratic corner pressure strings rivaled only by AGohan's 100% airtight pressure. He's just slightly more limited with his toolset compared to ultra versatile Black/Gohan/Cell.
If 16's nerf is significant enough, and people find Vegeta assist not so hot anymore, then Buu is going to take BOTH of their places. You're going to be seeing Arm Ball Assist all day.

I think he might be better than Black or at the same level imo, his neutral is certainly better.

Goku Black is fairly overrated though, I think Sonicfox even dropped him.

His neutral can be beaten by blocking low. Kid Buu a shit! SHIT!

That means you get raped by Mystic Ball shit if he has assists up.

surely he's not shit if he made like 5 teams in fr top 8

I havent been raped by a Kid Buu since the beta tho. Where are all these good buus at? Pc? Cause they sure as heck arent on ps4

Black has good specials for neutral, versatile supers, a busted 2H, and a beam that's his assist. He's upper-mid but the second most well rounded character after Gohan plus people just like Black. 2H and maybe other moves getting nerfed will put him on par with SS Goku though, and SS Goku has better options on many instances, such as easy sliding knockdowns off of anything and the double beam super combos.

Only thing you'll be blocking there is his silly underground foot. Fight a proper Kid Buu player who knows how to work his pressure, and he's going to be hovering directly in your face, interrupting your 2H attempts with his best pressure tool, bouncing around like a ping pong ball.
Kid Buu has been prevalent as fuck in several of the top pro players who were at events like Final Round. I'm starting to fight a lot of them in Demon/SS3 Ranks.

Attached: Kid Buu's most dangerous pressure tool.jpg (532x706, 139K)

I don't really get the love for Black. He's fine but like his 2H hitbox is whatever all 2H's beat all air moves anyway and like 2H in neutral even if it hits is suboptimal. I think what happened is he was popular because he's edgy, so you saw him a lot, so people assumed he was good, so he got played a lot, so people saw him a lot and assumed he was good.

I mean he is good, don't get me wrong. But I don't think he's amazing.

Seriously

ON THAT NOTE THOUGH why does his divekick not count as an air move for 2H invincibility? You can beat it if the hitbox positioning works out (trunks 2H for example) but it's not the usual "i read your air move that you can't get out of so 2H party time". It trades with 2H's or beats em. I don't really get that.

That fucking j.S of his that stops his crazy air momentum on a dime is super underrated. He can IAD into that for a super tight crossup and convert off of it.

it's even dumber because his jM hits high i'm pretty sure. i don't see how you could ever think he's mediocre.

>play Ginyu ironically
>fall in love with the purple bastard
How can one man and his bros be so based

Attached: 1521988434841.gif (400x214, 3.08M)

I've been using Black since launch but decided that I like SS1 Goku as a character more.
But as I play him, he just seems more and more like a lesser Black aside from double level 1s. Does he have unique combos or stuff I'm not seeing? I can't find any notable SS1 players online either.

Sure my dude, you totally don't play Black or anything

>90% of the playerbase use Black
>"h-he is fine guise I swear"

Holy fuck if you are going to use a top character because it's strong, use it but don't act like your fucking character is "not as good".
What a bunch of fucking faggots I swear

They mostly due it because they know that without characters like Black, Gohan, 16, Cell, etc they would be several tiers lower.

He's got the overhead into sliding knockdown, good reaching normals, air beam.

He's a pretty straightforward character but for example, the 236M gives you a good opportunity to set up for oki and it's an overhead you can get at any point. Goku is a straightforward character but he's got quite a solid toolset that you just gotta look for opportunities to make the most of. Like being able to do a mixup into a hard knockdown and a setup is actually really good.

I don't play Black, but I think while he's good, he's not incredible. I don't really get where you guys think he's amazing from. I obviously play against him all the time and I'm never like oh fuck goku black, this is clearly over. He's versatile and strong, but, so are other characters.

Attached: kitty2h.jpg (476x399, 75K)

He is "pick this if you don't know what you are doing and you are not very good with mechanics" the character.

You just described 16

Name what's so dishonest about Goku Black exactly?

That's true. I don't really get the hate for his 2H. the hitbox is fuckhuge yes, but, Krillin's 2H beats all air attacks (except Goku Negrone's dive kick for some reason...) just as freely. You have a bit more leeway on your 2H timing with Black, but, whatever.

Using it in neutral is quite punishable and even if it lands the combo is suboptimal as fuck anyway. It's a fine move but it's hardly a free win button.

lol this is an incredibly pathetic way of thinking, i don't play black but he's definitely the least broken out of all those by a good amount.

he really struggles to open people up compared to the real top tiers, obviously has good buttons besides that and top tier damage, but if you think he's actually a problem you're probably some yellow shitter stuck at android rank or something.

Probably SSGoku's best advantage is that all of his attacks (specials) are safe on block, at any level of LMH power. He can throw out absolutely anything, and he'll still have at least one frame to put up his guard afterwards, or some distance between him and his opponent. Any other character has at least some unsafe moves.
His Dragon Fist is also a free overhead into sliding knockdown, with an AGohan-lite teleport Heavy.
And he has the most flexible, versatile Kamehameha, actually makes him a really good zoner, just shoot beams all day.

2H shouldn't hit behind him, God Slicer shouldn't be safe on block, and having the tools he has giving him a beam assist makes him too useful.

I'd say nerf 2H, and then either nerf God Slicer or change his assist. Don't have to do all three, but definitely tone down the 2H. New assist can be L God Slicer, L Divekick, or 5S.

They all hate him because they think holding downback and pressing 2H is an unbeatable strategy.

i don't get why you want less viable assists in this game.

sure make it so it doesn't hit behind him, i agree that's dumb, god slicer being safe on block is something i very rarely see come up in actual games, it's really strong with assists though.

Anyone know how much Broly and Bardock are going to cost separate?

5 or 6 bucks

I just think God Slicer being safe makes no sense. He already has a good neutral option by divekicking off a super jump while calling an assist before he crosses up. He should be able to get 5M'd by anybody that blocks a random God Slicer.

I think that the stronger the character, the weaker the assist should be, and vice versa. Let the ability to help the team outweigh deficiencies on point, although some characters kinda need both assist and general buffs, like Krillin (rock is good for his oki, kinda shit as an assist). Black being toned down to be on par with SS Goku or having a slightly worse assist than SS Goku (but not both) is what should happen to be fair, but either way that 2H hitbox needs to be like 75% of its current size.

$5 apiece.

WHO CAN STOP THIS FIGHTING MACHINE?

Post things that make you think
>I've always been a big 16 fan

Attached: 1515636849001.png (282x385, 170K)

Not 5M, that's too much, but make it unsafe enough to get a light off and I'll agree.

The issue with Black is that has no good low and his heavy buttons are incredibly unsafe, if you could punish his God Slicer with Ms you'd get pretty a pretty unusually high reward since most things in this game are unpunishable by mids.
I don't think nerfing his 2H is going to make him less prevalent online, nor will it really impact his tournament viability that much.

they could nerf goku black down to low mid tier status and he'd still be the most played character online at anything below 600k, he's easy and edgy.

>I play Goku Black due to his looks

$10 for the pair. $5 each.
Allegedly you may have to buy each pair together, but I didn't see any official confirmation of that.

I'd rather more variety in assists. Instead of SSGoku and Black both having a grounded Kamehameha with identical properties, Black could stand out more if his Assist were God Slicer.

Although I'd really like to see each character with a choice of two assists.
5A and 2A inputs. Imagine how much more flexible everyone would become.
Goku with both Kamehameha and Dragon Fist.
Black with Kamehameha and Light God Slicer.
Vegeta with air Consecutive Blast and and Super Dash Kick.
TGohan with Dragon Flight and the first kick of Medium 5-Hit. Etcetera.

>tfw this is true and I play grapplers in everything so I was planning on using 16 from the get-go
Hopefully using both 16 & Broly gets the point that I'm a big body main across and not that I'm some tier whore.

>tfw making a comeback and can't tell if dude ragequit or is actual DC
Worst feel.

That's me. His hair is pretty.

Yeah I agree, I feel half the reason the game is so centralized around a couple of characters is lacking assist options,if Krillin had access to a
high beam or something too he'd see more play, 18 could have her disc, Frieza could have Doom rocks assist which would massively buff his viability, etc.

The fact that you never shower does that.

I just got out of the shower an hour ago.

Don't respond to obvious baits, user

What bait? Big body players don't shower. Simple known fact.

Why is every fucking team match stuck at 19FG?
This shit is unplayable.

Kid Buu easily has the most nigger tier blockstring in the game, his 236 that lets him spam air jabs when covered with assists is bullshit. Not even GO1 was defending that shit at Final Round.

Why is converting of a vanish wall bounce with Vegeta so hard to me.

Fighting games don't have dedicated servers because it's usually just two people connecting to each other. 6-player games where one guy hosts are gonna be laggy to fuck.

Now imagine if team match was literally the only way to play online, and the game was actually dead and shit, and that's Dissidia NT.

Way the fuck more stuff needs to blow up neutral jump and a bit more stuff needs to blow up superdash.

manlet buttons.

Weird question but could someone look at this Goku Black combo for me?
>whatever>5M>2M>236L>Android 21 Assist>pick up with 2H or j2H.
I know it's not optimal but I've been messing around with it and the launch after the assist is pretty inconsistent to me.

Call 21 as late into God Slicer as possible, that way you're more likely to recover in time to launch. Also, try a faster button into the launch, like 5M into 2H or even 5M into a jump cancel into a string before j.2H.

Bad combo is bad. Why is it bad? Too complicated for too little pay off. You'll most likely do shit damage or fuck up and leave yourself open. Unless you think it looks cool, but still just sounds bad.

Why is he so perfect?

Attached: 1510379880902.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

When you give a character everything except an invincible reversal and make him the 2nd best at basically everything except oki, that character is in a position where he's a top tier that nobody can figure out how to nerf. He's going to be in his position forever probably, the worst they can do is nerf his damage.