/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Autism Edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

► 2. NEWS

>[23 jan 2018] the thaumcraft
>[02 jan 2018] The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old. Congratulations for never updating this shit

>[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html

>[2017/Jun/30] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download:
imgur.com/a/NeywO

>[2017/May/14] GoG update is finished:
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

>[2017/Jan/02] asie has been working on FoamFix, FabricMC and others.
asie.pl/foamfix/
github.com/FabricMC

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
mcforge.readthedocs.io

>Curse downloader
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>how2dostuff for newfags
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

>Cracked MultiMC for Linuxfags
anonfile.com/UcRapfdcbb/multimc-cracked.tar.gz

Attached: autismblocks.png (1200x636, 1.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/871d0l/hey_rftb_its_me_elucent_ive_always_kinda_wanted/
teamcofh.com/docs/thermal-dynamics/
github.com/KryptonCaptain/Et-Futurum/releases
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is 1.7.10 still the main version if you want mods or are there any later version that come close to parity?

ded general

looks pretty tho

Most of them come close to parity, but there's a few key mods people are missing. Reminds me of 1.6.4.

Most mods worth playing are on 1.12.2 now, including some shit that everyone figured was dead in the water, like Millinaire and Tropicraft. Not to mention all the new stuff like Nutrition and Chisels and Bits.

You can downgrade to 1.10.2 or 1.8.9 if there's something you absolutely can't live without (Thaumcraft comes to mind) but at this point there's very little reason to stick with 1.7.10 unless you're a contrarian.

I only play 1.7 because half the mods I use are dead, the other half is split between 1.10 and 1.12

That crybaby prick elu who had a huge tantrum where he deleted all his mods, made them closed source, and declared he was quitting modding is doing a fucking AMA and his weird furry followers are downvoting everyone that calls out his bullshit

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/871d0l/hey_rftb_its_me_elucent_ive_always_kinda_wanted/

>:)

Attached: ff8.png (326x259, 97K)

is there anything similar to GT: New Horizons on 1.12.2?

>tfw no traincraft

I wanna go back to the good ol days.

Attached: b1.7.3_1.png (1919x1079, 326K)

>Rustic
>Reliquary
>Botania
>Vanilla
I have too many choices for alchemy, help

>not just being a fag and using them sell

i dont give a fuck

>this community is toxic for me and i'm quitting modding
>lol jk i'm an attention whore AMA :^)
Mental illness.

In case is lurking at the right time
Got an idea for his staircase in the wall problem
Maybe remove the stone bricks wall of the stairs, replace said stairs with slabs and put some pillars, leaving like a cut in the mountain and could probably be aesthetically better

>rustic
literally useless
>reliquary
OP MAWPC
>botania
ew who the fuck would ever use this shit mod
>vanilla
literally useless outside of maybe night vision pots when underwater

>chisel and bits
literally bloatware
tired of having to uninstall this shit in every single modpack i try out

Going to sound like a complete retard, but is there something besides the client to test mods on, similar to TES5edit? I don't want to sift through 70 mods just to find which one is fucked up.

>>rustic
>literally useless
It's basically vanilla brewing but uses farmable materials instead.
>>reliquary
>OP MAWPC
?????
>>botania
>ew who the fuck would ever use this shit mod
It's fun to automate user. Calm your autism.
>>vanilla
>literally useless outside of maybe night vision pots when underwater
Not in a low-tech setting user.

>doesn't use fire resist in nether
>doesn't supplement dps with instant damage/health

Just the client. It's why so many people choose modpacks.

A crash log will tell you everything you need to know.

No, manually removing/testing and the console log is all you have

>mod skips 1.10.2
>other mod i like isn't available for 1.12
>dead mod stuck on 1.7.10
its not fair

>pack crashes on mod initialization stage whining about mod1 throwing FATAL ERROR
>remove it, crashes whining about mod2 doing same
>remove everything and start adding mods back by 4
>turns out completely unrelated to any of those mod3 wanted a library all along
>everything works fine
Sometimes crashlogs can be really fucking confusing

I still reckon that the modding community is retarded not just all sticking to a single version and backporting the content of updates.
like the only reason mods should need to move to a new version is if mojang does something that can't be easily backported

If it wasn't throwing up a "such and such requires library" with the open mod folder button that's 100% the modder's fault. Mention it to them and they might fix it.

Yep, that's what threw me off at first. No nice "add this library or remove that mod", just utter fucking crash&burn with several unrelated mods mentioned in the log, after adding them bit by bit leaving culprits for last it actually finally did say it wanted CTM, and then it worked finely.
I don't remember what that mod was though

any new good mods that showed up in 1.10.2 onward?

im finally upgrading past 1.7.10

>he actually needs fire resist in nether
>implying anything in the game outside the dragon needs extra dps to kill

How do you deal with Blazes? Random pockets of lava? Tripping and falling? Forgetting to hold shift?

Attached: 2031214d59689782037d64095c686b04b6e7a842ccf3659ae77f58e6e8af84b5.png (356x256, 107K)

Astral Sorcery

>blazes
shoot them with arrows and dodge fireballs
>lava
dont walk in it
>tripping and falling
>imagine being so trash that you actually fall into lava
>forgetting to hold shift
>imagine being so trash that you actually fall into lava

If you're not playing on an /mcg/ serb, why? What kind of pack are you waiting for?

Seems like all the server populations are very fragmented at the moment / activity has dwindled.

Do you play with gravestones or not?

I cant decide if it takes away risk of death or not, mainly because its for a pack to get m8s to play modded for the first time

because people are shit, and i have no interest in playing video games with them.

Gravestones is more of a convenience thing
all most of them do is prevent your entire inventory from confetti'ing out of your body and you still need to go fetch all that shit from where you died

what are some good mods for like bosses or mobs, general shit to do

Trying to make something that'll entertain some friends after finishing terraria

Shit Happens™

Twilight Forest, but make sure you put some rules in place like
>no breaking dungeon walls before the boss is killed
>no nerdpolling up a tower unless it's bugged and the floor is fucked up
Just make sure you don't put anything too stronk in your pack. It doesn't work well with equipment much stronger than Vanilla.

Hmm, any way to make it like adventure mode or something when going into twilight forest? I know of the mod but never actually tried it out before

You probably could change the default game mode just for that dimension in the world file, although I've never done it before. Does adventure mode prevent you from placing blocks? You need to place a few to access specific dungeons. I honestly never use it.

Orespawn,1.7.10 version

>Welcome to OreSpawn!
>With Girlfriends
Disgusting

Attached: disgusting.jpg (680x709, 65K)

Attached: 2018-03-23_23.15.36.png (1366x705, 774K)

>with girlfriends
wat

>playing hardcore mode
>get as far as making enchanted armor and 3-enchantment diamond sword and going into the nether to get brewing materials
>die
Well, time to quit this game forever

Attached: image.jpg (217x320, 19K)

Dev added gfs and bfs in one of his last updates

right from the website page

Attached: cancer.png (561x355, 314K)

I don't know what's worse, the dropbears or the Iguanas.

Well, I think I found the culprit.

If only I could do something about it. The server is so locked up I can't even move.

Attached: 2018-03-25_19.20.28.png (1920x1017, 68K)

et futurum with 1.10-1.13 blocks/items/features when

Something like MCedit, although i have zero fucking idea how to delete a block with it, i just remember fixing my crash on join caused by Rockhounding: chemistry pipe by deleting it's metadata\nbt\whatever

I always thought it was cool how Star Wars Galaxies managed minerals and resources, how even the names were randomly created by mashing together prefixes and suffixes (-ium, -ite, and so on) with different attributes. That, in mod form, would be pretty cool. Config could let you pick how many new ores to create for your world, choose a seed if you want.

I know that doesn't really cover alloying, but that could be added in similarly I'm sure. Even just that though, I'd pay to have for my 1.7.10 pack.

Sevtech is actually pretty neat

I tried out the new "SevTech Ages" pack.

It's shit.

the duality of /mcg/

Yes definitely
It prevents a problem where OH LMAO YOU COULDNT REACH YOUR CORPSE FOR 3 MINUTES ALL YOUR SHIT IS GONE
so, it's pretty useful.
I'd recommend against guardianchest especially because creepers can actually blow up the chests and destroy everything in them.

How much stupid fucking bloat is in the pack and can I get rid of it and make the game actually run well.

You still have to go get your shit when you die, it just makes it so that it's somewhat salvageable.
Especially in modded minecraft when you could have an inventory full of various rare garbage that took you literal real world days of effort to acquire, it'd be bullshit of the highest order if you lost that stuff because the item entity timed out.

I'm decent enough at the game to where if I somehow manage to die and lose my stuff, it's likely somethin I deserved for being too careless or outright retarded.

Graves also encourage brainlet level play because it means you can fuck around and not get punished for your retardation.

It somehow is both bloated to hell and feels like you do nothing. It's all about inconveniencing you (chests and crafting are intentionally tedious because XD) until you get to the next level, but the game looks so visually cluttered and the font (that uses like 500mb RAM) is hideous.

I prefer my "hard" packs to be more like Age of Engineering.

>orespawn

Attached: images.jpg (194x259, 9K)

I'm interested in sevtech because it seems like a more drawn out and curated version of AoE but I'm hesitant to try it because I've heard some things and seen how shittily it runs.

You can try it out - I've now made two worlds and tried to get into it, but so far it's just been tedium and annoyance without any real feel of progress.

there's that shitty mod that makes every grass block have fuzz on it and the font mod uses a shit ton of RAM for no reason.

I've seen it does the custom main menu thing--
How do I tell that to fuck off.
I tried getting rid of it in another pack that did it but all it ended up doing was turning the main menu into a missing texture.

is there anything that gives the same feeling of progression and accomplishment as GT: New Horizons while not being so autistic?

Wizardry updated and the book actually tells you shit now.

So what do you guys recommend for getting started with 1.7.10 modding with Forge? Just the basic setup, or starting tutorials. I'm familiar with Java as a language, but not modding Minecraft as much.

Do 1.12 man, 1.7.10 is only being held up because it has the most mods built up and a lot were abandoned or just haven't updated
New shit is happening on 1.12
As for the rest... you're on your own, Forge is a fucking shitfest from what I've heard.

Hello again, 1.7.10 user.
The base game has better shit for you and your friends than either recommendation. I haven't played 1.7.10 in a while but I think you should just use that since Thaumcraft with a few addons has been the best mod in Minecraft since Buildcraft and Industrialcraft for Beta 1.7.3. Since you have multiple people, install a few tech mods like IE and disable all ore doubling that isn't Thaumcraft and don't include any other mod that adds it and makes it available before IE like Thermal Expansion, since that's for singeplayer. Forestry is good, too.

Attached: 1520925070710.jpg (675x1200, 146K)

And that's the reason I'm sticking with 1.7.10, for awhile yet anyway. The mods I really use as the core of my packs are abandoned, so until an alternative comes along I don't feel like going without.

I don't disagree, but I just haven't tapped out my interest for my 1.7.10 pack yet.

>Wants to mod
>Doesn't want to do it on 1.12
>Doesn't want to pick up the abandoned shit and keep it going
bruh

>Doesn't want to pick up the abandoned shit and keep it going

maybe if they were actually open source.

Damn, what a bimbo.

How is Project Ozone 2? I've stayed away from it since it has a mode called Kappa (which is 1 step away from putting le epic troll face picture) and it's 1.7, but I'm bored at this point.

this general has eventually made me disillusioned with every fucking minecraft modder in existence.
is there anyone within this community that isn't insufferable?

Yeah it's a retarded name, and it even has a couple of le epic troll XD mods like chance cubes, but that's easy to ignore and if you're into expert packs it's actually pretty good. Probably the second best pack I've played

Laggy server user here again.

So I found out and removed the source of the lockdown - apparently Buisness Bees are just fundamentally broken at the moment and cause the Forestry thread to run infinitely. However, after fixing that and continuing to troubleshoot the situation, I've come to the conclusion that Thermal Dynamics is just straight shit and needs to die in a fire.

Pic related. We're currently using about 85% of our server's resources on Thermal Dynamics - which is just pipes and shit. There are some other low hanging fruit to fix, as well, like NuclearCraft and IC2 being big hogs, but nothing like Thermal Dynamics, which is really frustrating to me.

We want to have factories. It's just how we like to play. But factories involves needing something to move products from point A to point B - and everything we've tried to use to do so has turned out to be an enormous drain on the server. First we tried the Extra Utilities 2 transfer pipes, and those are awful, with the one small factory on the server that still uses those registering up to 150 us/t on the transfer nodes. We thought the TD itemducts / fluiducts / fluxducts / servos / retrievers would be the solution, it's a huge well supported mod so SURELY it's coded well, right? But that's not the case as we see here.

So, what gives? What mod lets you move things from point A to point B with the minimum of fuss without destroying the server when used in large quantities? XNet? AE2? Embers? Or should we just give up on factories entirely?

Attached: 2018-03-25_21.17.14.png (1920x1017, 69K)

No pipes (except maybe Logistic Pipes if your whole base runs on them) should ever impact your performance that much. That's not your problem.

Immersive Engineering conveyors. They are a bit limited compared to 0 skill required pipes and shit, but I've used them to transport tens of thousands of items at the same time by myself so I imagine it would work alright in a server since its rare that someone can get as autistic as I am.

Also your own fault for using faggy bees. I don't understand why every single fucking pack seems to have forestry and its stupid fucking bees. I hate those things.

So what gives, then? That's all Thermal Dynamics is. It's just pipes. And it's very clearly using pretty much all of the server's computational power.

teamcofh.com/docs/thermal-dynamics/

Will have to look into the conveyors, thanks.

It's not the pipes themselves, it's something that they are connected to that's causing them (probably one pipe in particular) to get all sorts of fucked up.

Unfortunately, LagGoggles doesn't display usage per pipe for TD. The way TD is coded, all of its processing goes through its thread, and the pipes themselves are just placeholder blocks.

You could be right, it could be some stupid loop somewhere, but it could just be that we have close to a thousand servos / retrievers spread across our bases all polling for things to push / pull and that's killing the server. I would not even begin to know how to troubleshoot that in particular.

black xychorium dick brick

github.com/KryptonCaptain/Et-Futurum/releases
The user who forks Thaumcraft addons backported a few things to an Et Futurum fork recently
For 1.13 stuff on 1.7.10 it would be better to get Mariculture instead for something similar

akaana getout

>the font mod uses a shit ton of RAM
That's bizarre, it seems to behave perfectly well on my 1.7.10 instance. Maybe the default configs for that pack have the font at a fuckhuge resolution.

CONVEYOR BELTS

beautiful, downloading now. truly the hero we need.

>Get rid of every loaded chunk and add Born in a barn
>Still get a bunch of entities loaded in the Overworld even when I'm not there
What the fuck is going on? Are there even more "hidden chunk loaders" like the village doors?

I was going to suggest Railcraft carts but then I realized that you're on 1.10+.

Attached: 2018-03-23_22.59.22.png (1366x705, 959K)

>the freestanding rails from the catwalks mod have apparently no traction at all so you don't need to spam powered rails with them
Absolutely fucking based

does anyone know if the loyalty infusion from thaumic horizons work on eldritch mobs?

Gonna have to agree with this user. Your problem is absolutely not TD. Whatever you switch to will create the same exact problem. There is absolutely no good tool for debugging lag, you need to take the information you get from with care.
From having done a lot of debugging myself, any of the large well maintained mods rarely fuck up your shit by themselves. Sometimes they do if you just build a shit ton of machines but that doesn't seem to be the case here. What you need to look at is the interactions. One quick way to debug a server is to make a copy, spin that up and just delete entire chunks to see where the problem ones are then delete parts of it till you narrow it down.

I'm having a real rough time believing that the IE conveyor belts are in any way more performance friendly than any regular pipe. They literally just drop the item on the floor and move it along, there's NO way that's better for performance than invisibly instantly transporting it from A to B.

it depends on how the mod writes it's pipes.

If the pipes have to constantly keep checking with every pipe in the network or the end destinations, that's going to stack up and cause a performance hit.

whereas a conveyor only has to act on an item in it's hitbox and never has to worry about any other part of the system.

I'm no coder so I have no clue how hard or easy it is to write a pipe network system and what steps one could take to mitigate every pipe having to be cognizant of every other pipe in the system

retard here
when allocating ram for the game to use, is it pulling from gpu vram or system motherboard ram?

example: I have 6gb vram gpu and 16 gb sys ram

what is the max ram i can allocate?

Attached: 1396648762346.gif (500x339, 938K)