How do people not realize how useless their XRP tokens are?

So Ripple says they were selling ~300 Million XRP each month ripple.com/insights/ripple-to-place-55-billion-xrp-in-escrow-to-ensure-certainty-into-total-xrp-supply/

So already the rate of inflation for XRP was about 10% annually

Now they are saying they will limit themselves to just 1 Billion a month?

So they are re-assuring the market by saying they will have annual inflation of only about %30 ?

Why they are doing this doesn't even make sense. The argument being this is to re-assure speculators that Ripple Labs won't crash the market but a 1 Billiion monthly dump is a pretty good way to crash the market. A dump that could go on for literally YEARS

I'm also getting confused with this part as well:

Whenever there's a criticism of ripple's centralization and the developers holding everything, I see an argument that "b-but ripple isn't meant to be used like bitcoin, ripple is a network for banks, ripple isn't like other crypto!"

So then... Why is there a token in the first place?

Bitcoin hater Lagarde wants to win this game as well. So she's pumping cripple. The polls showed that hardly anyone outside banks buys this centralized currency.

Why won't it crash? This shitcoin is over 21k now. I don't want the fucking kikes to win!

> The polls showed that hardly anyone outside banks buys this centralized currency.
I honestly keep doubting my sanity whenever I see those 20% jumps. Are those just banker loyalists getting fleeced on a continuous basis, or am I missing something important? I just can't comprehend how people are getting suckered into buying a crypto asset that seems to have zero utility.

I have a feeling the bubble will burst eventually, how long that will be? I have no clue. XRP may someday have long term value, but for now it's not demonstrated to.

The funny think is that when and/or if Banker take a colossal dump on it, they will have effectively collected all the money from all the cryptotards who thought they were "winning" against the banks.

This whole bubble is making me anxious, people are going to lose tons of money. Just take a look at the Veeky Forums to see the delusion, they're all getting hyped up like crazy, predicting 300 billion USD market cap by year-end, thinking the value will only increase. Nobody is wondering why nobody gave a shit about ripple a month ago and suddenly every altcoin is up by hundreds of percents, that the huge majority of the trades are speculations done on Poloniex (and smaller exchanges just follow Polo's trends), etc...

I wouldn't touch it even to short it. It's obvious that the market can be extremely irrational regarding that coin and the downside when shorting is potentially unlimited even without leverage.

I'm getting worried, its just not crashing. I kept saying it would crash at 10k but its not, its just climbing and climbing despite everything. JUST DIE ALREADY!!!

>Not knowing why altcoins are up.

Come on, lets call it what it really is... digital fiat.

>bubble

>there are cucks who fell for the scam meme
>they still don't realize current market cap is a fraction of what it will become over the next month

>/pol/ack supporting kike coin
You are a traitor to our race, you're going in the oven too.

The reason XRP will dominate is because it is associated with the big banks

The big banks always win. Don't go against the grain. Buying bitcoin or other anarcho-coins won't stop the future.

Hey, if you can't beat them..

this

this meme has to die

i think the pajeet coin bubble will burst pretty soon, but stuff like ethereum and ripple are going to become an entire industry.

What really weirds me, is that I still dont exactly understand where the value comes from.

For example. Bitcoin is a currency. You pay for things. Its value comes from the limited supply so the more things there are around that used it, the greater it can be.

ETH is all the smart-contract mambo jambo. But basically in a veeeery roundabout way one could say that it competes with AWS. I get it.

Now. Ripple settles payments etc between banks. Kay. But why must its price be "high"?

Is the idea that banks would pay you to get your ripple because they run out of theirs? And they would do that... why? Is it even something they run out of? Is ripple destroyed some way? Can someone end up with all of it and then it means the banks can't do transactions?

Surely the banks would have no reason to pay for something if it ends up costing more than the fees of current system so that places an "upper limit" on how pricey it can be???

I literally dont even.

Waiting for pump hours to buy in

interbank currency, means there is only one exchange rate. that means, instead of having an exchange rate from usa to chinese yuan, china to thailand bahts, bahts to NZ dollars, etc. Instead, there is only one exchange rate from each currency to ripple. i.e. one world currency. mfw you realize that is true globalization. There needs to be a fucton of xrp in order to keep liquidity and prevent massive fluctuations daily, hence the inflation. Once the inflationary period is over, there should be a high enough price and enough liquidity to keep everything relatively stable. That, and because it is a less a blockchain, more a distributed ledger that can't be tampered (most likely). It will have an enormous market cap that dwarfs bitcoin, so you should probably not hesistate to buy at least a few now so you don't QQ later.

Considering banks would be dealing directly with Ripple Labs to use the network, it seems much more likely to me that they'll be getting the tokens directly from them. Which won't be a problem, as the developers are sitting on most of them.

So us as individuals who are not banks and have no use for this payment network, why are we holding or trading in these tokens? Are we hoping that the banks WILL be on the exchanges buying tokens, and Ripple Labs won't sell to them directly? We provide no value to the network, we're not mining or strengthening it through our transactions. What incentive does Ripple have to forgo the direct payment from banks so that we get a piece of the moonshot?

Maybe I'm missing something here but it seems to me like none of it adds up.

>
>This whole bubble is making me anxious, people are going to lose tons of money. Just take a look at the Veeky Forums to see the delusion, they're all getting hyped up like crazy, predicting 300 billion USD market cap by year-end, thinking the value will only increase. Nobody is wondering why nobody gave a shit about ripple a month ago and suddenly every altcoin is up by hundreds of percents, that the huge majority of the trades are speculations done on Poloniex (and smaller exchanges just follow Polo's trends), etc...
>
>I wouldn't touch it even to short it. It's obvious that the market can be extremely irrational regarding that coin and the downside when shorting is potentially unlimited even without leverage.

This is first sane post ive seen on biz in a long time.

Every time i see people promoting a coin on here, i know its already past a good entry point. Two weeks later when the hysteria is gone and people are talking about the bags they are holding, then i know its time to start looking for an entry point.

>
>
>Considering banks would be dealing directly with Ripple Labs to use the network, it seems much more likely to me that they'll be getting the tokens directly from them. Which won't be a problem, as the developers are sitting on most of them.
>
>So us as individuals who are not banks and have no use for this payment network, why are we holding or trading in these tokens? Are we hoping that the banks WILL be on the exchanges buying tokens, and Ripple Labs won't sell to them directly? We provide no value to the network, we're not mining or strengthening it through our transactions. What incentive does Ripple have to forgo the direct payment from banks so that we get a piece of the moonshot?
>
>Maybe I'm missing something here but it seems to me like none of it adds up.

Another level headed post.

yeah we all know this, but the question is how much money can we make off of all of this optimism?

>
>yeah we all know this, but the question is how much money can we make off of all of this optimism?

Its about not getting stuck holding bags for me. Im ok with missing out on moon missions that have already begun. I only want to participate in moon missions that dont start for a few weeks. Otherwise id be subject to the bipolar emotional states of this board.

this