/xgg/ - Xenogames General #128

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/

>XBC2 Artbook link
drive.google.com/open?id=1l8EuZcAvfNAVKyHuK6bSr5NxpiaUdXYD
e-hentai.org/g/1168674/90d830fe38/

>XB2 official guidebook (JP)
e-hentai.org/g/1173720/967f7b795d/

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/hbD8EEKQ

>OP (For new threads)
pastebin.com/pEC894BK

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
============================================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous:

Attached: sneaky.jpg (623x614, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U8ZLL1Hv7Bk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what's with all the fucking neutral pronouns

2nd for Nia.

Attached: 1521917638298.jpg (1180x1000, 938K)

But Pyra/Mythra already saw Nia's core crystal and never said anything. Actually I forgot about that scene until now, but Pyra wasn't around when Nia finally exposed it all. Poppi saw it too I think, but didn't say anything either.

Xenoblade 2 dies at the end

bloody lobsters might be about the dumbest name for a villain group I have ever heard

they share memories
also that's what I was talking about. she saw... whatever she showed, which we don't know

it's funny, it reminds me of tales of symphonia, how elves and half-elves can tell who each other are just by feeling their mana. Some secrets ended up being revealed that way.

It's true, he does. Xenoblade sacrifices himself at the end

It's a reference to an enemy in the first game,

Spin off or not?

Attached: D61E60DD-1D84-4615-87A2-5B6C2D981DB5.jpg (220x273, 50K)

i'm sure it sounds less awful in nihongese
actually is it buraadi robustaa or is it like chimamire no iseebi/homard ?

Yeah, basically.

>"I guess we really are... the Xenoblade Chronicles 2..."
What did Rex mean by this at the end of the game?

Stream when?

I said 'spiritual successor' until... well now that we know the conduit is on the table, that explains a LOT.
my money is on mira being a dumping ground for shit that gets whisked off by the conduit. the fact that the lifehold's harddrive was made in the shape of it indicates that elma's people know of it, and something might absolutely have happened that yanked everyone out of proper reality. the ghosts might be involved too. like the moment they touched it, the tech interacted and dropped them off in this fucked up dimension

Subseries

They were right

Attached: DZGxME8VAAEG46Z.jpg (1280x720, 222K)

Do you guys remember when in the very first trailers it had the red X from Xenogears at its logo?

How hyped were you? How did that ended up?

But now that the motherfucking Zohar is fucking real, how HYPED are you?

Attached: Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-Logo-Black-1920-x-1080-Version.png (1920x1080, 261K)

Xenoblade X is a different series from Xenoblade, X is filled with Xenoblade and XG "self-parodies" as he calls it

LIke pokemon ranger for pokemon main titles?

canonical spinoff

>"spin-off"
>"tech demo"
Same series. After enjoying 1 and X and not especially enjoying 2 it's good to know Takahashi will probably alternate between genres at least.

Attached: lao smiles for .3 seconds.gif (400x225, 1.82M)

huh. cloud tank. why does the ardainian ship keep a bunch of cloudsea clouds with monsters in it? like, to keep food fresh? surprised we don't see more like that. I guess it'd make a crummy aquarium but it looks clear below surface

oh holy shit, THAT tree in torigoth
no, I don't think I ever did excavate that chest. wow. it has a legendary in it. I think whenever I saw that tree I confused it for the botanical garden

that's just the most obvious example of stuff that's just a little out of the way that I guarantee 99% of people miss, there's tons of shit like this all over.

huh. so hana can just sense the presence of another blade but homura said nothing..

you know what I like about this game? no irritating puzzles. if you arent a zelda type, dont give us big stupid puzzles built around turning knobs on valves and then un-turning others to make yourself a safe path and you just have to go and check each time.

Hot springs scene

>Dicking around during post game
>Notice the long ass elevator shaft comming out of top of the world tree.
>Start regular NG to see if its there too.
>It is
Guess its too little of a detail to see when you're starting the game and aren't looking for it specifically, But still a big giveaway that there is more to the world tree that what youre shown at first.

Attached: 2018032516241400-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg (1280x720, 192K)

>huh what's weird ice block in temperantia
>damn those are some tough skill checks
>better google it
dodged a bullet huh

>Secret Area: Lost Capital Judicium
That's the least "secret" secret area I have ever seen.

I swear, this game's AI is just completely nonsensical sometimes.

I'm grinding Reeking Douglas, and the fight never unfolds the same way. Sometimes I absolutely crush him and he barely hits me. Sometimes he kills me within fifteen seconds. Sometimes it's more of a mixed bag. Sometimes he uses his superpowered attacks, sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he resists Break virtually the entire fight, other times I can juggle him endlessly.

And from one perspective you might say this kind of variety is good in a game, but it just makes me wonder how many other things in this game just come down to dumb luck (aside from things that of course are luck-based, like rolling blades).

Who and who? Either go full moonrune or no moonrune, don’t half ass it.

I definitely could tell from the beginning it was artificial. I was actually surprised to find it was as much of a real tree as it was.

hahaha, I knew after the first barrier because you could kind of see it. I still wanted to free it.
isnt he the one who is a pushover unless and until he summons friends? requiring you to keep a dark orb on him and then no other orbs?
user, that is full

If you save up a combo and nuke the reinforcements, that also works OK. But yes.

Why are people so dumb thinking X is a spin off when Monolith itself stated that they see de Xenoblade series as two separates series: Chronicles, focused on chatacters and story and X, focused on exploring. Jeez, it even has the same exact core gameplay and it’s produced by the same team that produced 1 and 2.
And the example with Pokemon Ranger is ridiculous, as it’s developed not by Gamefreak and has a different gameplay from the main series.

What the fuck is with those goddamn foxes?

There's a few living in the Aegishammer crater, and I swear I saw their holes in some other insane locations before.

Are they some kinda higher beings or some shit? The few I talked to seemed like no big deal.

what good do combos do for nuking the reinforcements? youd have to make sure it's AOE

oh wow you keep getting pouch expansions? haha I'm going to have so many.

"chronicles" is not something monolith came up with

they're all for one blade's quest
not even kidding

Even the ones you can't talk to? I have Nim in my party.

wow. quicktravel is showing a ??? at my position

if there's a few you can't talk to in one place, that's meant to represent like a little village of them

That means you are on a new floor and haven't hit the trigger

that can't be right. I was on the upper level of the boss room on the titan warship.

also hmmm, homura's wound is a red streak.. but blades DEFINITELY don't have blood, right?

>youd have to make sure it's AOE
That is the idea.

HAhahahaha okay I didn't think the water in the tower was that bad, especially afterwards, in the grass. looks quite good.
but the fact that water droplets and steam go all over the camera is really silly.

I wonder how Zeke feels about me breaking into his daddy's vault and stealing all their stuff.

He probably approves but still that felt weird.

(not as weird as breaking into the refugee supplies in Indol and stealing THEIR stuff though)

wait, when did we st-
oh my god that chainlink lockup. that WAS their stuff wasn't it

>That missable sidequest in Indol where you uncover a Gormotti pedophile ring that raped hundreds of underage Nopon
What the fuck Takahashi

Wouldn't you feel kind of miffed if Rex Master Driver'd your Blade? "Sorry pal, I'm gonna use your girl for a bit." Building trust and affinity with her, while you're forced to use some bara Blade off your bench.

Now that I think of it, I'm surprised Rex didn't try to use his Master Driver ability on Malos. It worked on Mythra.

in retrospect it's pretty special that o'brony can make big maps that show every titan and even a few blades' location

Kind of nice of him actually. works better than a merc mission

Why is daytime music in Tantal so damn good.

Actually, the music after Uraya has been getting better and better, I'm starting to really enjoy the soundtrack.

>I love you Rex
fuck off catgirl, he's mine

Attached: 1521714934374.jpg (640x626, 136K)

Anyone know the battle song that plays during all the battles in the KOS MOS quest? Haven't been able to find it.

I don't think you'll get any objection. you can have him

as long as he doesn't give their core crystal the succ like Amalthus did

Ok now that I can access Nia as a blade should I use her of let her as a driver?

not if you ever want to complete her hidden affinity chart. grinding that sumbitch is going to take AGES

Use her. Make Rex your healer, make Zeke DPS.

I haven't played KOS-MOS quest (because I still don't fucking have her) but I think I heard that it was this theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=U8ZLL1Hv7Bk

She's good as both. She can make Rex almost inmortal.

By the way, Whicj core chip is best on her? I have her now with Sunlight wich give 25% chance for extra autoattack which allows faster driver arts recharge. But tachyion improves healing by 20% which helps since Rex's ether isn't that high

Aight, thanks bro.

NP

I want Rex and Morag to hold hands.

W-What tree user

do the wee foxes actually have missable dialogue at every chapter that's only available if you had nim on rex or nia?

The one on the roof of the building on the east side

The World Tree is so mesmerizing at night. Truly beautiful.

Attached: XC2-World-Tree-night[1].jpg (1200x675, 134K)

Wait wat, this can't be true. Tell me more.

Attached: 1223762454718.png (429x486, 148K)

holy shit I never killed nitpicking beru my first time

yes this is it thank you user

Perun likes kids and likes to help kids, and her sidequest is breaking up a gang of kidnappers

west side
like directly west of garagorm's arch. like that user said, if you go to the little perfume store there and look up, you'll see it

yeah we may have been robbed of the same breathtaking sights we got in xenoblade 1, getting only tantalizing glimpses of like a mere 3 of the locations, but that sucker there...
yeah but they were trying to use kids as science experiments, not cockwarmers.

If you’re controlling Rex and you aren’t as confident in your party’s ability to self sustain (or just want more healing) then use her. I personally think Ursula is better. Also, she doesn’t get SP when she’s a Blade

Attached: 62E6122D-E8D4-4140-B04A-C9DD8136A4F6.jpg (1200x900, 209K)

I have a bad luck for ursula, I just unlocked her from Morag

She is probably the only healer that will work for Morag since she gives an agility mod and she only needs to be switched too which is why I’d say she’s better than Nia since Nia has to be out for a while to be fully maximized where Ursula doesn’t. She also gives Morag break which is nice. Best character for Ursula is still Nia and you can probably do some good NG+ with her and Obrona (as Nia’s next best stay is Agility and she’s second only to Morag). Ursula works on everyone though Morag may still be better for her than Zeke.

Ursula is very easy to cheese with too since if your using an overclock bangle (which is already good on Rex) and Fast Switch V, Her recharge will be 7/8 done after switching off from her. It’s really easy to beat Orphion using her, Mythra and another blade.

Yknow this old fart doesn't look like he is dying at all. He's still got plenty of weight on him and isn't wasting, his complexion is healthy and not pale, all he does is cough every now and again but he's not in any obvious respiratory distress and the cough is nonproductive. What the dicks did this fossil die from?

Attached: tranquility.jpg (650x366, 40K)

poison dumplings

nonproductive coughs are not a good sign man
he's from mor ardain, right? or was it uraya. either way he probably inhaled a bunch of shit

>which helps since Rex's ether isn't that high
Oh yeah, it's just the HIGHEST among all characters.

He likes Uryan choclit, and his bracers were buried in Mor Ardian, but it doesn’t mention his home.

In the absence of symptoms and signs of any other respiratory or systemic disease the nonproductive cough is almost useless, he isn't even short of breath ffs

It definitely did. one of his kids said "this is where we grew up, but he retired to gormott"

He and his kids are Scots. Definitely Ardainian.

You've got a point, it's not as if he has an oxygen tank up his nose. but I definitely got the impression his heart was just worn the fuck out from beating off its ass to handle his shitty breathing, and today it just puttered out because he was at peace and could stop hanging on. I bet most of the time he coughed way worse, and just held a lot of it in for visitors.
I mean you can't tell me he looked HEALTHY.

There you go. That place is like if china moved to death valley and took up smoking asbestos. He probably worked in one of those chimneys.

He was in the army and moved to gormott to be an instructor

When I get the smog weather I can almost feel the smell of gasoline, that place certainly isn't healthy.

also, these people run on different bio rules in the extreme. he could have just had shitty ether lines or whatever.

I'd let Electra shock me, if you know what I mean.

I think I get what you're saying
you wanna die, right?

Attached: I want to shock that.png (1280x1226, 865K)

These are the same people who said 'JIN IS LIGHTSPEED (except not really) BECAUSE IT'S COOL' you think they're doctors?

You’re all forgetting one very crucial detail. A small cough in a story implies GTI, Generic Terminal Illness. I’m suprised he didn’t tearfully say good bye to his kids and die right after really.

Nobody's forgetting that, we're just choosing to ignore it for a moment.
also when has anyone ever done that tearful goodbye part? That's for heroic sacrifices, not Incurable Cough of Death illnesses.