Why cant we have this

>be me
>be back in primary schoolish
>learn about austro-hungarian empire
> get a weird panging feeling in my heart
>"what is this feeling. why do i feel so sad?"
the feeling only intensified later in life when i think about Austria Hungary. i have no Austrian or Hungarian ancestry, but i want a neo Austrian empire.
but i have no idea why...
> am i the reincarnation of Franz Ferdinand

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=06643umEJZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No retard, you're the reincarnation of Franz Joseph. He was the one who basically single handedly kept the empire together. Franz Ferdinand was ironically enough sympathetic to slav nationalist movements like the one the eventually killed him, and was basically the sole voice against further balkan expansion in Austro-Hungarian politics.

I understand completely. I feel the same way about
>muh Prussia
>muh Byzantium

Dude, are you me? Same situation, not Austrian or Hungarian in the slightest, but I had the exact same feeling, the way you put it into words is uncanny.

>be Czech
>imagine remaining a part of a Central European empire free from Russian influence
>imagine this country developing along industrial trajectory set before communism

>Franz Ferdinand was ironically enough sympathetic to slav nationalist movements like the one the eventually killed him
Absolutely fucking not. The Slavs Franz was sympathetic towards were people like the Czechs and the Croats who just wanted broader autonomy within the empire. They weren't secessionists.

The Serbs were a completely different people, they didn't give a fuck about representation, they wanted to secede and join Serbia. It's absolutely no coincidence they targeted specifically Franz Ferdinand and not someone like Hotzendorf - they wanted war.

Nobody wanted to be part of the A/U 'Empire', not even the Hungarians. Fuck off with this fucking shit.

Mad?

Aboout an empire 100 years dead? Why would I be?

Obviously butthurt enough to tell people to fuck off.

I h8 the shitty revisionism and LARPing on this board mang.

Well nobody is holding you here, I hear reddit is a great website maybe you'll feel more welcome there.

>if you dont like autistic LARPing gb2rabbit

Classy fag aren't you user?

This.

Basically no one wanted to be part of the empire. A multicultural empire is doomed to fail if they don't learn to accept other cultures.

Where is the revisionism?

Not true, anglo propaganda after ww

>Nobody wanted to be part of the A/U 'Empire', not even the Hungarians. Fuck off with this fucking shit.
Meanwhile, in 1701
>OMG THANK YOU BASED AUSTRIA FOR FREEING US FROM OTTOMANS.

That's a very broad generalization.
Serbs had 3 separate movements that wanted autonomy within the empire.
One in Vojvodina, one in Croatia (they worked with the Croats, read about the Agram trial, Hungarian authorities forged evidence and broke the coalition), and one in Bosnia.
Similarly Austria is the one who soured relations with Serbia after 1903 (you could say this was instrumented by Russia).
Franz just happened to be at the wrong stop, on the wrong day. Also, Gavrilo stated that he hit his wife by mistake, he was aiming for general Potjorek who was in the same car, but he was a lousy shot.
You can't generalize an entire nation.

Austria-Hungary was not multicultural.

> freeing us from the ottomans
They were conquered not freed.

So happy that they made a rebellion so large Austria had to rely on all other minorities AND Russian help to put it down.

>tfw born too late to live in glorious austro-hung empire
youtube.com/watch?v=06643umEJZg
why live
>muh Byzantium
it doesn't even bother me that much
more the way it went out
stabbed in the back by europe and left to die by the hand of people with no appreciation of the history behind the place they conquered
so much history was lost that day

>Doomed.
Yeah nigger, it was so naturally bound to fail. It wasnt finished off by a war or something.

>Not having The Most Serene Lord FJI's portrait over your dinner table on which you eat your sunday meals
ishygddt

I know it might be pretty generic, but I always feel this way about Rome. I mean, I get that it would be pretty horrible to actually live in it, but there's something about Rome's aesthetics that are extremely attractive to me.

Mah nigga
Nova Imperium soon brother

I am Hungarian and it would be pretty fucking great, yes. When left to our own devices we are incapable of creating anything but hypocritical corrupt pseudonationalist/post-soviet shitfests.

The years of the Monarchy were still by far the absolute golden age of Hungary

>nazi germany was rome reborn

Ave Imperator.

God fucking damnit. The nazis really did have some awesome aesthetics as well.

Why the fuck did Hitler have to go full genocide though? It ruined everything, and now Europe and especially Germany is even worse off.

>>nazi Germany was Rome reborn
I know the naziboos and stormcucks will have my head for saying this, but it wasn't. Nazi Germany, like Fascist Italy and the Holy Roman Memepire, it was a pretender. The only similarities it bore with Rome was a military culture and marble structures. Nobody but Rome can ever be Rome.

niggas meum!

Getting a bit off topic here, but a thought just popped into my head.

If, figuratively of course, a group of people started to nail people to crosses, what would be the level of crime the targets would have had to have commited for it?

Murder.

>The whole region of the Austro-Hungarian Empire couldve been first world right now.
Literally chose the grave as their future and now Czechs and Austrians have the last laugh.

>what could have been

Imagine how great the Balkans would be if Austria had survived the war and ceded enough power for the Balkans to hold together in the long term as a Constitutional Monarchy with a Habsburg hereditary head of state.

I like this flag more.

This is preferable to an Austria with Serbs living both in and out of it's borders.
What could have been in the early 1800s

Have you ever met a (cultural) Austrian and a (cultural) Hungarian?

This the slavs are so ungrateful. So treacherous. The would sell their own baby for a pile of borscht. The were liberated from the Turks who wanted to enslave them to Islam! The same Turks who murdered their cultural brethren the Armenians by genocide.

This is why you can never trust a slav and Bismark was right. He knew that they would destroy European civilization. So sad and look at them now! Still the feral beasts that dwell in the balkans.

>DSC
Where did you take this?

what if all rome was was a military culture and marble structures

Which Slavs?

i feel pretty much the same way about the British Empire

Fucking ARYAN scum for starting the world wars.