Guys, I have hundreds of ETH sitting on Coinbase but I'm deathly afraid of moving it to a safer offline wallet

Guys, I have hundreds of ETH sitting on Coinbase but I'm deathly afraid of moving it to a safer offline wallet.

I can't risk losing any of it.

What's the safest option?

>I'm deathly afraid of moving it

what does this even mean?

Buy a ledger nano s and move it over there, safe as can be

Do it in increments

What you fags don't understand is that there is certain amount of anxiety associated with these transactions since it's easy to make mistakes. That is the major barrier to entry to this market.

and don't move it all

There's no chance of this device becoming corrupted or having some kind of hardware malfunction?

>do it in increments
>multiply the chances of you fucking up

It's also fine to leave it in Coinbase user, they're insured for up to 100k per person i believe.
Double check it with their support.

They can be hacked yes

It's no different than when I transfer money between banks using a routing and account number

in fact, the qr code makes it even easier

I've read that it's only cash that is insured, not cryptocurrencies. Is this true?

If you fuck up copying and pasting an address you deserve to lose your money

coinbase always fucks people over.
also
>those fucking digits

The software is closed source. Its impossible to verify that the code running on the ledger isn't malicious. Ledger's developers are just another 'trusted third party'.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of the Ledgers in existence become sweeped at some point. Its the biggest unseen security threat in crypto IMO.

For a few bucks more, get a Trezor. The code is totally open source, and they allow the user to verify checksums before a firmware update. If some user sees something fishy in an update, they'll report it online immediately. You'll know 100% that the crypto is safe.

It's different because if you somehow send to the wrong address it's 100% irreversible.

Move it a few coins at a time

i'll store it for you op

Just break it up into smaller amounts when moving it if you're worried.

How big of a usb do I need to store my wallet?

i would say about the size of a football would be good

The official Ethereum website has a link to their wallet. Also Trezor supports ETH, and as someone said, Ledger Nano too. It's safer to not store online, the only risk is that you yourself might mess up the process. The solution to this is: don't mess it up. Do everything very slowly, and only do things you actually understand. Rush is your enemy.
I think the best is to have a Trezor (or similar) for the bigger chunk of your holdings.
Don't make yourself nervous user, that's what makes you type the wrong characters. Don't move money while you are deathly afraid. Chill the fuck out, and then do the thing slowly. GET A GRIP MAN.

Does Coinbase insure everyone or only US customers?

Does trezor support DGB?

Dont forget each transaction costs though