/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Nighthawk Edition

Previously, on /wtg/ >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeb pedophilia and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
If asked for a password, use "memes"

>Joystick Comparisons:
pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-joysticks/

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Dank Bants to Spam in Chat for Salt
南京没有被强奸
>Nanking was not raped

Poccия - кpyпнeйший в миpe мycop
>Russia - The world's largest trash can

中国人不是人 他们是动物
>Chinese people are not people they are animals

REMEMBER: Spam reports on all D*scord shitposts, all muttposters, GuPshitters, and kiketube spammers. Be the chemo
/wtg/ needs.

Attached: 1487136998606.jpg (1980x1503, 2.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/394022-the-long-barreled-panzer-iiis-and-ivs-haven’t-changed-in-br-since-the-163-overmatch-change-maybe-its-time-they-move-up/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: Fuck captured premiums.jpg (607x712, 102K)

>REMEMBER: Spam reports on all D*scord shitposts, all muttposters, GuPshitters, and kiketube spammers. Be the chemo
/wtg/ needs.
based

Attached: 1521608276946.jpg (964x641, 171K)

sure but WT still has tons of good F2P stuff. I guess it depends on what you do, I'm actually happy with the lower tiers, mad grindfags are frustrated because they all want that F-86 or whatever they're after and it's just not gonna happen.

Learn to enjoy the lower tier m8s, desu I think it starts going to shit at BR 1.3, BR 1.0 biplane have just something more fun.

Attached: 2018-03-26 15.04.59.png (1030x240, 301K)

>Dank Bants to Spam in Chat for Salt
Wheres the 'two nukes weren't enough' translation for nip players.

I dunno, man. I haven't had fun in this game in a long time. The BRs are so fucked up I don't really have fun playing even at lower tiers.

how often does the Leo A1A1 get uptiered?

>playing soviets at all
take a load of this faggot

it depends, but just as an example a few days ago I tried the French for the first time, I had 5 air kills in my first plane's life, and that was pretty fun.

But they aren't a problem, like the chinks or slavs. But there should probably be some for brazilians.

CARB is a better game-mode for flying planes in than RAB. By extension, tanks are more fun than planes.

Attached: zhukov.jpg (567x671, 79K)

To be fair, I've been mostly playing tanks, but I tried my hand at low tier plane RB and it was much less depressing. Maybe I should start flying more, even if I'm a shit pilot.

Sorry, can't hear you over all these SLs pouring in.

Attached: gainz2.jpg (1920x1080, 321K)

Germany is in desperate need for a reliable good high tier spaag. When?

Attached: when when .jpg (1000x536, 85K)

nipps don't shit up the chat with their moonrunes if they even play this piece of shit at all and weebs wouldn't understand it anyway

About to start grinding the M60A1 right now. Is it viable in top tier 9.0-9.3 or should I get the RISE asap?

[X] thigh highs
[X] chastity cage
[X] ass lubed and stuffed with anal beads and vibe eggs
Who's /fuccboi/ here?

Attached: fuckboi lineup.png (565x87, 64K)

I never had fun with tanks. Much more fun to do intense dog fights.

>bomb and rocket cas
>not kraut gun cas
You had one job

arcade flying can hardly be called piloting anyway, it pretty much just goes where you point

m8 I don't give a fuck if they're a problem or not, I want to shitpost. After all, where do you think we are?

Attached: thatsnoshitpost.jpg.jpg (640x472, 70K)

Depends on the tank. It's fun to play cat and mouse in a city or over a hill. Using Smoke to blind and distract for you to come in from another angle. Or defending a point while hull-down and trading fire with several enemies at a time.

I mean, I know some people really do prefer planes, but this is just me.

That's a shame, I imagine it's pretty painful having to put up with the stock APDS round as well, it's sapping my will to live in the Chieftain 10

Hey that's the exact mindset I have with premiums.

>Not using keyboard for more precise maneuvers when using mouse aim control mode.

Yeah but who do you even shitpost at? Like said, there's so few nips you might as well insult AI for all the reaction you'll get. At least you encounter chinks and slavs regularly.

there is nobody to shitpost to you dense cunt

Attached: 1478125200410.jpg (763x757, 59K)

it's better than the chieftain's. sometimes it works wonders, sometimes it's worthless (like all APDS nowadays)

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THE LEO 2K TRAVERSE/ELEVATION IT FEELS LIKE A FUCKING TOP TIER SPAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1455289091172.jpg (818x827, 43K)

It looks like the Chally isn't the only British tank with the stabiliser "bug"

Attached: shot 2018.03.26 16.22.03.jpg (1680x1050, 437K)

user if you want that level of turret traverse just take a look at the abrams at least there you get better armor

iirc british tanks have 15x the stab instability at 50km/h of other MBTs at 80 km/h
>according to /wtg/, teebs are handheld
ok
they literally have the same rotation speed. besides, I've never touched burgers and frogs, nor plan to do so

>somehow made it to rank 6 germany
>hasn't played US
If you're such a fan of insufferable pain and misery why haven't you touched the US?

I kinda enjoyed krauts, more than teebs and nips but less than slavs. burger tanks literally do nothing to me

>burger tanks literally do nothing to me
but user they run at incredibel hihg speed

I just can't figure out how anyone likes Germany enough to actually play them over anyone else. Good on you though, I couldn't even force myself to play tier 2 once I got it.

>get kv-1 zis-5
>surely now I wont be one-shotted by everyone and their mother like in t-34
>get one shotted
>only slower because now I arrive last with my shit HP and get no kills because of the shit traverse and weaker gun

Aaaaand I am back to US tanks

>Pz IV H with add on armor can get up to 100mm of hull armor and 80mm of turret armor
>side skirts provide bonus bomb and HEAT protection
>it's still very mobile
>it has a great gun too
>all of this at 4.3
>this is somehow not considered a war crime

Stablilisers are implemented like every other feature in the game. A simplistic placeholder.

The IS-2 in-game has better stabs at low speed than a Sherman tank, and only one of those tanks is supposed to have a stab mounted.

I use both, plus the side mouse buttons for the elevators to pull hard

Does anyone play Air RB primarily? I want to get into it but every game goes like this:
>spend 6 minutes getting anywhere from the base
>try to have a dogfight but planes aims like shit in RB
>die after 30 seconds
it's like an air commute simulator at this point. Even simulation mode isn't that bad because in simulation mode no one has any idea what's going on so it's a miracle if you meet anyone within 30 minutes

Very heavy gun comrade, doesn't move as much))))

don't care that much about hihg speed
they're pretty competitive at any BR aside from 6.0 to 7.0

>Long 75mm at 3.3
Perfectly balanced))))))))))))))))))))

You have to be patient and take the fight you can win. Get on enemy six rather than a head on for maximum safety.

Stop spewing bullshit.

>Germany is competitive at any BR but 6.0-7.0
How? 4 of the 5 Panthers and all 3 King Tigers are in that range, plus the Ru 251, Jagdtiger, Coelian, Kugelblitz, Jpz 4-5, Jagdpanther and Ferdinand. Plus they have great CAS from the 50mm 262 and the 262 A1a can be an interceptor/provide air cover

yeah I guess it's more sensible than diving on 3 enemies hoping I can get one in my sights, it just takes even more investment. Tbh RB could use spotting planes in a different way, being automatically detected by everyone like in Arcade ruins things, it would be better if you didn't automatically spot anyone but still could mark those you see or something. As to not ruin sneak attacks.

Try it and come back with the results. Put both on even ground, put them on slow cruise control and see how much either one wobbles.

That's not even mentioning that with the way gun camera works (free-floating, not attached to the gun) , every tank has effectively a single-plane stabiliser.

That would be good, but then it would be like cat and mouse in a map bigger than GF. At least planes in GF know where the enemies are likely to be, which is over the tank area. Not so in air RB.

Wait... are you telling me that a long 75 Panzer IV lineup in Realistic is a war crime?
Now I got a reason to learn to play there, noice.

panthers get shat on by everything at thet BR, same thing goes for KTs and Jagdtiger. Jpz 4-5 is worthless and only faggots use Ru251. Ferdi can sometimes be fun

I just want the Tiger H1 to be at 5.3br so to get out of the fucking 6.7 hole during constant uptiers

>10.5 cm and Panther II are being removed
How do you pronounce "Wunderwaffe" like in German? Asking for a friend

Attached: Ariete-001.jpg (1280x770, 344K)

You do realise Sharman's stabiliser disconencts at like 8 km/h right?

>bitching about the only Pz. IV that's not undertiered
wew

Attached: 1512253681977.jpg (309x297, 24K)

Tracks have garbo modifiers tho. KYS

voonder vaff

gepard is a fucking rape machine since the radar update.

At what speed does the IS-2 stab disconnect?

Why do they get shat on? They have thick armor and a good gun. Sure, their mobility isn't great but it shouldn't make them unplayable. That is 2-almost-3 of the 3 biggest things that go into a good tank: protection, firepower and mobility

>Activated golden wager
Time to raise my blood pressure, wish my luck

IS-2 doesn’t have a stab. He said rolling at low speed acts like a stab. Same with the Tigers and Panthers, because of their suspension.

Really they should add a disclaimer saying that the feint hearted should not use them.

3.7-4.0 Italians is your way to go if its Rookie or Officer wager

I know, someones gonna die one day.

its another
>hey look at this outrageous shit!
>post: i_have_shit_aim.webm
>gets at least two (you)s

Don't have Italians. Best bet might be Soviet arcade since I have one extra crew slot for them.
It's also Commander wager, so I need 3 kills

hey look at this outrageous shit!

Attached: 2k.webm (1280x720, 2.04M)

I’ll give you the two you were looking for.
(You) #1 and the second:

What's the point of the stab then? Single-plane are pointless, because they give no advantage, two-plane stabs are all flawlessly stable, no matter if they were made in 1948 or 1970

Why are you asking me? I don’t know.

when is the next big sale going to be? I haven't played war thunder in a few months but I want the abrooommmzzz and challenger and want to make the most of my money.

Attached: think(2).jpg (800x435, 43K)

I bet plenty of NEETs already have. Its just no one cares about them so we haven't found out yet.

Single plane stabs are extremely useful for lining up shots when coming to a stop as that dip the gun does normally when stopping does not occur.

mate at that BR literally anything will go through its UFP, they just have to shoot centre of mass and that's it. they literally have no armour to speak of (except maybe against the T-44), their gun is subpar when compared with other nations and mobility is ok, just good luck going reverse

>two plane SHOULD be stable
ftfy
>tank with paper armor gets easily penned
what's to see here?
may 9

thank you kindly

Imagine being so fucking bad at the game you think the Panther is a bad tank with a bad UFP and a subpar gun.

>Tiger E turret cheek bounces 2 APDS shots and 1 APCBC from a 20dr at 50m distance

Thanks Gajin! For all your hard work

You do know that the Tiger E has improved turret armor right?

Why are you shooting a heavy tank in the thickest part of it's turret armor? It is anywhere between 120mm-200mm thick there

tiger E turret has like 200mm of armor pretty much everywhere on the front, it has a few layers

It gets better with KV-85 and T-34-85(D-5T) which is probably the best 5.3 tank when played properly. IS-1 is also good at long range engagements but gets easily one hitted at close range.

Better armour or not, 150mm of steel shouldn't be bouncing 280mm of pen. And yes I was aiming underneath the extra armour

KYS
Y
S

>everything from the IS-2 to the centurion mk.1 to the T25 (all of which are lower BR than panthers) can go through your UFP like a hot knife through butter
>you have to carefully aim for weakspots
>this fact somehow depends on the player's ability

Attached: 2e1.gif (235x256, 158K)

The long 75 can literally pen any of those tanks you mentioned UFP or Turrets.
And with even the smallest bit of angling your UFP in turn becomes immune to APCR/APDS/AP

>buy ru 251 like anons suggested
>get called cancer and cheater
Well worth it.

Thunderskill reports that all long 75 Pz IV except the H have over a 60% winrate, there was also a huge recent forum discussion over their BRs. With how much they get spammed I'd call their BR a warcrime
forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/394022-the-long-barreled-panzer-iiis-and-ivs-haven’t-changed-in-br-since-the-163-overmatch-change-maybe-its-time-they-move-up/
All the Pz IV with the long 75mm could go up 0.3 BR and still be really competitive, they are all undertiered. Short 75mm ones are probably ok
You lose 5mm. It's still like having a mini Tiger at 4.3

>And with even the smallest bit of angling your UFP in turn becomes immune to APCR/APDS/AP
Not in the Panther. You'd have to be a shitter to bounce off the front of even the most angled Panthers.

>he actually thinks shells that aren't Russian or Germany work properly

>50mm side armour
>angling
yeah, nah

I've never bounced off the panther while driving the M26. Every shot penetrates, first time, every time.
But surprisingly the 90mm stops working when I see a russian tank.

>Not knowing basic fucking angling mechanics and how much side can be given

"under" the extra armor is still 190mm because theres another layer in the back
the thinnest part is 120mm
add the angles and bounces and shit and u wont have an easy time penning it

Attached: f46ab54100[1].png (862x451, 872K)

Should have bought the Sla. 16, my dude.

Somebody please tell me the Begleitpanzer is worth it. I've got four more tier V tanks to unlock before I can get started on it and I don't think I can take fighting postwar tanks in my 1944-45 tanks all the time

Attached: shot 2018.03.26 17.38.52.jpg (1680x1050, 198K)

For the same reason they were used in real life, quick targe reaquisition after a shortstop.

Attached: cfe42d56c4[1].png (836x405, 768K)