WHERE ARE THE FUCKING FRENCH, NOLAN? IS THIS GOING TO BE LIKE A FUCKING BRITISH SAVING PRIVATE RYAN? JESUS CHRIST...

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING FRENCH, NOLAN? IS THIS GOING TO BE LIKE A FUCKING BRITISH SAVING PRIVATE RYAN? JESUS CHRIST, IT'S LIKE THE FRENCH AREN'T EVEN A COUNTRY THAT DID ANYTHING.

inb4 BUTTHURT AMERICANS SURRENDER MONKEYS FUCK OFF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/As5xJt7NaJ8?t=2527
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

careful, last time I tried to make a thread about a movie I got banned because the dumbass mods didn't understand that the movie was about linguistics, a humanities subject
technically it's a soft science but I've seen fucking psychology threads here before

This is a thread about history. Dunkirk is history.

>another "ebil nazi" movie
come on, haven't they suffered enough?

How about we wait and actually watch the film before sperging out about it.

In any case, if the French want their side of the story told, they have their own film industry and are welcome to try it. Though as with all French films, it would be in black and white and be 2 hours of a French soldier staring into the sea while thinking about his life and past loves and heartbreaks. Then he gets shot and the credits roll.

Not even close.

/k/ said lindybiege was advising nolan so theres your answer

You posted about arrival didnt u

I bet that scumbag Lindy was also behind BF1
Why is this hobo so influencial?

>if the French want their side of the story told

The French don't want their story told. That's why 'The Sorrow and the Pity,' a French documentary film about the extent of collaboration, was banned for decades and only allowed on French TV in 1981.

They've been very successful in crafting the "heroic resistance" narrative, but the truth is nearly half the country found in Vichy France the form of government they had been protesting and even rioting for since the 1930's, not to mention the 11,000+ French soldiers who fought for Germany in the East.

Where were the French, actually? Fleeing the country? Defecting?

Shooting Germans and sacrificing their lives so the British could evacuate?

You're aware the 80s were 50 years ago, right?
No one believes in the resistance meme anymore in France, update your game grandpa
The two main things taught in French history class nowdays are evil 19th century colonization and Vichy collaboration

How many Germans did the French kill? What's the number?

>the 80s were 50 years ago

wat

They aren't trying to say the Nazis were evil for shooting at enemy transports, are they?

>fight hard so anglos can safely retreat to dover
>70 years later some >60% fatass talks about "LE SURRENDER XD"

At Dunkirk?
The French got around 10,000 casualties and the Germans 20,000

The French in the North had to be sent to plug the south.

Go to 42 mins in
youtu.be/As5xJt7NaJ8?t=2527

>Hollywood finally makes a movie about WWII where Americans are not the protagonists
>"At last they'll make a movie about the British and their allies showing them in a positive light"
>its about the embarrassing Dunkirk evacuation

Fucking hell man really? Out of all the battles the Brits took part, they chose Dunkirk? This movie is going to reinforce the belief Americans have that Europe needed the US army to save them from the evil Nazis. Just another propaganda film to boost American ego.

>Out of all the battles the Brits took part, they chose Dunkirk?

Well, it's not like Brits shined in WW2
It was either that or Singapore

>Russkis and chinks think they deserve all the credit for providing cannon fodder
>bongs think they deserve all the credit for shooting down some planes
>Frogs think they deserve credit for losing just slowly enough to let some bongs escape
Is everyone outside the US this fucking delusional?

Actually forgottenweapons was behind Bf1

>americans think they deserve credit for rushing in at the very end to protect their interests, and fighting a dozen of 16yo conscripts with no guns or training

It is a bad feel.

oh yes, the japanese attacked pearl harbor in 1945
how could i forget

Operation Ochsenkopf, Sicily, the British push into North Germany, Imphal and Kohima all off the top of my head would've made good British war movies.

Sure?

I know the Great War was part of it, and maybe C&Rsenal (not sure). But i don't think Ian was.

>east africa

Is Pearl Harbor in Europe you fucking retard?

If you didn't wanna feel bad, you shouldn't have lost 70 years ago.

USA USA USA USA

>Rushing at the very end
Love this meme

I totally forgot that the US totally didn't contribute to winning the Battle of the Atlantic. I forgot that the US totally didn't bomb the ever living shit out of Germany and were also responsible for taking down the majority Luftwaffe. I totally forgot that the US didn't invade North Africa in 1942. I totally forgot that the US didn't spearhead the invasion of Italy in 1943. All of that before even Operation Overlord happened.

All of that while also single handedly winning the Pacific Theater.

>IT'S LIKE THE FRENCH AREN'T EVEN A COUNTRY THAT DID ANYTHING
About time they realised that.

Vichy Government restored Catholicism as the state religion and BTFO'd the kikes and their commie slaves, we were right to collaborate and i'm proud of my collaborationist grandfather, it is a shame that the exalted Fuhrer failed to BTFO'd the Americano-Soviets.

No way he's going to reply to this