>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch
tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
New Player Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit
Alcast/Deltia Guides: pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm

>The More You Know
- If you're looking for RP, the most famous place is Riften -- but player housing has diminished this.
- You move slightly faster with your weapons sheathed. :^)
- Stablemasters still sell horses. The Crown Store isn't the ONLY source for non-level-reward mounts.

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor

>Making gold
youtube.com/watch?v=4i9gzyTCqIY

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[PS4 EU] message PSN: RumpRustler for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write your @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is the game worth playing?
We just don't know.

Attached: 1500703347844.jpg (868x1228, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online
g2a
kinguin
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug
steamcommunity.com/groups/teso-g
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Pirate Skeleton Set
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Do I need to subscribe?
Subbing is totally optional, with its largest benefits being access to all DLC (but NOT "chapters," including Morrowind and, soon, Summerset), 1500 crowns (cash shop currency) upon sub start/renewal, and the Craft Bag, which is shared by all your characters on a megaserver and holds all crafting materials, potentially freeing up a lot of space.

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online (official reseller)
>======
There's been talk of stolen credit cards being used to buy keys, but a lot of people still get it through one of the following and have no problems:
>======
g2a
com/?search=elder%20scrolls%20online
>======
kinguin
net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder+scrolls+online (consensus suggests this is the least trustworthy)
>======
Of course there's always the main site and Steam.

>Enabling multithreading (this can cause minor audio and visual stuttering)
>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\UserSettings.txt -- change the following values:
SET MaxCoresToUse "however many cores you have"
SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1"
SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1"

>Which faction should I choose?
Daggerfall Covenant: Most generic-fantasy faction. Humans and Orcs. Forests, haunted crags, and desert. Literally everyone who plays loves the leader.
Aldmeri Dominion: Elves and cats. Forests, forests, grassland, and savannah. Leader just wants everyone to get along. Under her rule.
Ebonheart Pact: Variety. Drunken vikings, Dark Elves, and lizards. Snow, volcanoes, and swampland. Leader has fuck all to do with most of the story. Probably too busy drinking.

>How do I access the main quest after starting with Morrowind?
Once you finish the intro, you can teleport (or take a boat) to the mainland. Check your world map. When you're approached by a woman in robes, do what she says.

>What is animation canceling? Is it worth learning?
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug

Attached: 1518575693594.png (1925x1816, 1.79M)

lorefags should be gassed desu

Is the NA PC guild full of gays and memelords or are the people actually helpful for new players? I dunno what the fuck I'm doing and joining a guild seems helpful

yes, homos the lot of them, especially me

>not being a lorefag
but it's fun and adds to the experience

Attached: muhbanana.png (672x625, 187K)

Kinda helpful, mostly laid back. A little lazy or disorganized.

Seriously which one of you is shilling ESO on /v/? lmao 3 days in a row, 3 threads hitting the limit

Even linked to the general.

no idea but w/e, I'm suspecting a mod since they allow a bloody general on /v/ lol

It's probably you faggot; you're the only one that cares about it

>spellcrafting coming this fall
Wait, really?
Has that actually been confirmed?
Sauce?

They should make it so you can change skill morphs on the fly. Like just clicking the skill in your skill list will give the option to change it.

Nope. We have not recived any word on spellcrafting recently.

Weren't new assets datamined and they teased a big feature for Q4 DLC?

So is this games lore cannon? Or we simply don't know until elder scrolls six.

There's cannons everywhere

remember to join the official steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/teso-g

Attached: toddywise the scamming clown.png (334x166, 66K)

Every TES game is canon, including the N-Gage games.

Kill yourself

As canon as Fallout:New Vegas

no u

>There are people forced to play as a skeleton polymorph because of the pirate set effect fucking them over
Why would you do this to yourselves

that ottar faggot is my bet

what are you talking about

What's a way to develop discipline to grind Skyshards without wanting to kill myself?

I've seen some tanks over the past few days using the pirate skeleton set and they have to use a skeleton polymorph or they literally get forced into the transformation animation during a fight and get fucked up.
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Pirate Skeleton Set

isnt everyone always a skeleton though?
/thinking

Ooh I see now. interesting and funny. maybe they don't mind being a skeleton.

Rapid Maneuver and a well-upgraded horse always help.
Otherwise prepare for infinite boredom.

>including the n-gage games
especially the n-gage games

>tfw just started
>got the addon to show skyshards
>picking them up as I randomly stumble upon new quests
pretty comfy man
I was considering getting the "show all unstarted quests" addon too but that might get cluttery

Do random books not level up skill lines anymore?

Yeah you're me last week. Enjoy your eventual elevation to my wary status.

nah you just gotta take things slow and not burn out
course you're gonna get tired of grinding something hard

They do, it happened to me earlier today with destruction staves despite never even having one equipped.

When and how do I get this Rapid Maneuver people speak of? Seems useful.. no bully I am brand new

Redpill me on stam sorcs. Why are they considered so good when only like 2 of their skills morph into stamina?

>ignoring passives
lmao

That's a lot of research for something that I may not even end up liking. That's why my lazy ass said redpill me.

best aoe out of all stam classes
also sanik

Hey just ask me for help, I've been waiting for newbies to join
I'd like to know too, I'm jelly as fuck I'm supposed be the shitposting lord

Attached: 20180326193625_1.jpg (1600x900, 278K)

I see you got the glaucoma addon

Is there some way to check sent mail that I am not seeing here? I dont know if I sent something or not lmao

Yes don't rush, the single player part game is worth it alone

Get comfy

Attached: Screenshot_20180326-220750.jpg (1065x253, 70K)

Can someone explain to me how people think other Elder Scrolls games have a better combat system than ESO? I actually want some valid points because I fail to see them.

In cyrodil hell yeah I'm turning it on minimal

To be fair other elder scrolls games don't force you to switch to a bow and throw thumbtacks every 8-10 seconds

They have plenty of other shortcomings though

it doesnt have funny ragdoll physics. but yeah, after thinking about it i do actually agree. it's a slog in every single game

I would but I don't really have any questions currently, just running around questing.
Are there any other benefits to joining besides the chatroom?

>try to play skyrim
>realize there's no 2h skills like crit rush
>realize there's no skills at all just heavy attacking with staves and runes
>remember the movement is aids
>go back to playing eso

You may not like it, but I do.

Lol you mean this guild? Tesog?

Saying you're "forced" to switch to a bow every 8 sec is like saying you're "forced" to go into a menu to drink a potion boosting your damage every 3-4 sec in the main games.

>I heavy attacked this random wolf to death and it was easy
>therefore combat sucks

You're retarded if you think they're even remotely equivalent. You have to use a bow to be even close to competitive in DPS for any mid to late game content. This makes every stamina build feel the same because you're doing the same shit every 8-10 seconds. Most people won't even take you along for content if you don't do this.

In Skyrim pretty much anything goes as far as combat is concerned. I'm not saying I prefer it, but don't even begin to act like something actually optional is the same as something you're essentially pigeonholed into and is a part of the game a lot of people hate.

Doing competitive dps in late game content is the same as killing things fast on legendary difficulty. Go ahead and fight the first bear you encounter butt naked and let me know how you fare compared to just chugging potions while attacking from stealth.

why does a structureless casual single player game not have the same combat as a multiplayer game

gee dude idk

8/10 strawman. Would be 10/10 if it was even remotely relevant to what you were trying to say.

Of course they don't. I was replying to him saying that you're not forced to use a bow as a stam class when you pretty much are.

what?

How is it a strawman?

Attached: wRuohm7[1].gif (350x191, 861K)

>Go fight a bear at level 1 naked without chugging potions and abusing mechanics on the highest difficulty!
>It's just like being forced to use a homogeneous combat system in late game content!
You literally just made some shit up to try and prove a point that doesn't exist. Try comparing it to fighting a bear in near top tier gear on legendary difficulty and it would make far more sense.

>How is it a strawman?
i mean how is it not

I'm worried that all the base game quests are boring fetch mmo tier and that I'm wasting my time even doing them.

Attached: 1519952399204.png (656x893, 478K)

lol it's not a strawman because the argument doesn't change even if you're autistic about the details. If anything you're trying to plant a red herring.

Go ahead and fight the Ebony Warrior on Legendary difficulty butt naked, fists only, no shouts or magic allowed, and let me know how you fare compared to just chugging potions with top tier gear while attacking from stealth.

they are more or less like that, there's even some color matching for kindergarten kids, but I don't know I'm having fun doing the dark elf area right now.

Your shit has gone so far off the rails I don't even know what you're trying to make a point of anymore.

They're all pretty fetch questy, but they all generally have a pretty fair bit of flavor dialogue. If you're into side stories there's some cool shit you can see.

In reality you aren't forced to do shit unless you're doing vet trials/dlc content, or you're that one user with that weird stam sorc dw/2h build
It is basically the same btw. In order to do anything in legendary you have to be minmaxed in some way. Wherether you're some trashy steath archer or the mark for death magic spammer in legendary. You have to have some sort of strategy.
I for one don't mind the bow backbar on stamina. At least it has a use in this game.
The only thing I would like is a rune of some sort so magicka isn't staff only. Rune+staff/1H on frontbar would be radical.
coldharbor is where the real writing begins

Point haven't changed, I've no idea why you're having difficulty comprehending it.

Nobody has provided a source for a "big feature" in a Q4 DLC.
Not to mention they need those features to justify the price tag for chapters, why on Earth would they bundle them with a DLC that people can get bundled with sub/buy with crowns?

>or you're that one user with that weird stam sorc dw/2h build
That's me, and that's a PvP build. Dw/2h is somewhat common for stam builds.

Actually nvm, I think you were talking about someone else and not

Not him but if you're pigeonholed into doing certain builds for legendary in skyrim how does that make it okay for eso to do the same? It is a flaw in my opinion. Besides legendary is a shitty difficulty setting, it just makes you deal shitty damage while everything hits you a ton more. I would give more credit to eso difficulty in this regard.

I'm not arguing about which game has better combat though, since one is an mmo, and the other is a shittier version of dark messiah combat.

regardless
whether you like it or not elder scrolls is and will always be a magicka centered game
rune would do fuck all for stamina
new stamina weapons would only be frontbar'd if they're good and bow backbar'd

or you know
you could just not be a bitch and play magicka

>hurr the game should continue having fuckall options because I say so
How about 1h/rune and more retuning so Stamina DPS don't fucking use 80% Neutral skills and 20% Class skills?
How about an actual playable battlemage since that is a huge fucking staple of the series?
Who actually defends LESS options?

I haven't even been keeping up with the conversation you two fags have been having. I just saw stam sorc and wanted to comment.

Attached: 1522124224211.jpg (1000x666, 30K)

considering every title has fuckall options to begin with?
What stamina options do the single player games have.
dual swords
2 handed sword
bow
S&B
What magicka choices do the games have again?
oh right

>How about 1h/rune and more retuning so Stamina DPS
Great idea. let's make it so it's more powerful than bow backbar, but also make sure it's not overpowering 2h staff, and also make it so the weapon skills don't have fucky uptimes so it flows in combat better. Also make it so you aren't sitting for like 4-6 seconds holding m2 because you can't fit any other attacks in that time frame.
Also balance it for each class and stamina race instead of just balancing it for 3 magicka races.

Fucking hell. It could be much fucking worse than bow backbar.

Nice missing the point. Magicka currently has 1 weapon choice, Staff. Even if you want to argue DW for double sword for the set bonus you have no synergy with running DW outside of the set bonus. Having a different playstyle option for Magicka DPS would be huge.

On the Stamina side we have more weapon variety but we have no skill variety, you are stuck with the same handful of skills because of the lack of class skills compounded with the lack of stamina skills in general. What if Werewolf worked like Overload and was a toggle? What if class skills in general had better stamina morphs? Since we have generalized buffs why is it so hard for ZoS to see what buffs everyone is running and then plan different ways to get them?
Why is Endless Hail/Poison Injection like fucking 25-30% of your total DPS tied into 2 DoTs?

How's the armor variety in this? I think I'll pick it up once more before bed, and find a S&B to use. TH feels boring and it's not what I wanted either

Attached: 36013b182161106a845cfb5b9c719eea74f73e8a.jpg (550x801, 228K)

If I wanna go big dick 2h dps what class should I go?

Attached: 1517532853412.jpg (1440x810, 123K)

Sorc is really fun 2H and so is Warden

>Warden 2h
How does that even work? I thought warden had no real DPS options.

StamSorc is the most solid for that
What do you mean armor variety? Game has transmog now so you can really mix and match more than ever.

They're like Death Knights in World of Warcraft. Lots of idiots rushed to play the new class and ruined the image. DPS Warden is absolutely viable and even Alcast shits on people who disagree and puts out super viable builds.

The class with the biggest dick for deeps change each patch. Magblade was terrible for so many patches prior but is now the best mag dps class. Stamblade, stamsorc and stamdk all pull high numbers when they have the necessary group buffs/debuffs (with the exception of stamblade, they can pull big numbers without)

>Alcast
>Guy who macros
Listen Warden can do DPS but they definitely have a tougher time pulling the same numbers are other classes due to less baseline skills and passives. They are a utility class first and foremost.

Levelling gear appearances. Is it all lucky same-y looking stuff, with tons if recolors similar to Tera, or a decent amount of unique gear? I'll guess a decent amount judging from your response

There are dozens upon dozens of motifs. There is plenty of customization to be had but it's not all immediately available since you have to be able to unlock and craft motifs to get the ability to use them for an outfit.

>Be Orc
>Origin of species is literally being shat out by Boethiah

Is there any more of a JUST race?

Attached: Orc.jpg (187x269, 11K)

item style depends on area and is independent of gear stats i think. if you are playing through ebonheart pact quests for exmaple you'll get a lot of dark elf, nord and argonian styled items, but if you do a delve or a dungeon you'll get different styles depending on them.

i forgot to mention that as you level up there's recolor because of the higher level material

That's also true, gear will reflect the zone it comes from.

Some gear goes beyond recoloring and changes models entirely as well.

Because bow has to be viable. Nothing else fucking matters.
Bow faggots have to feel relevant and be pandered to constantly, then they still complain saying the weapon and their trashy playstyle are useless.
Imagine if we got a unique offensive s&b set.Just ugggh. Gods yes. Making the pretty much useless S&B skillls into dps powerhouses.
Why in the fuck maelstrom didn't come with a damage S&B for a dps trial is beyond me.
>What if class skills in general had better stamina morphs?
magicka centered game :^)
People have been complaining about this since the stamina ramp up.
Maybe one day they'll listen. Maybe it's in development now. Maybe wrobel is just a stamina hating blood fountain using cucklord, and we're doomed to our fate. Who knows.
I for one would like to feel like a lighting and storm god stamsorc instead of "eh you pop whirlwind every few seconds and that's it".

>My ancestors :)
Great! Maybe I'll put down FFXIV for a long time and get into this. One day left to decide

Attached: Screenshot_20180327_011952.png (1707x960, 2.11M)

>then they still complain saying the weapon and their trashy playstyle are useless
I mean to be fair it kind of is. Outside of having literal top tier gear bow can't be main bar without really fucking yourself over.

You can't be an actual archer in ESO without a considerable gear investment. That's a fair argument, as mad as you feel about not getting an offensive S&B build, people who want to play archer are as mad about Bows being a dedicated backbar.
The game needs more options period. The fact we have so many sets and the powercreep is limiting them to a fraction of what we could pick is disgusting.

One of the easiest rotations to do decent deeps in whole game, both for dual wield and twohander

How does a 2h stam DK have room for stuff like bow skills and traps?
>Wrecking blow
>Carve
>Reverse slice or executioner
>Momentum
>Critical charge (tentative?)

>Venomous Claws
>Noxious Breath
>Molten Armaments

It seems like every build uses like 5 different neutral skills

Every Stamina DPS* does. This is why 2h isn't as popular in PvE because it's spammable is inferior to DW having Hidden Blade and Cleave and it's morphs are less effective defensively than Blade Cloak.
You should probably use Reverse Slice as your spammable and then just have Carve and use the Poison Molten Armor morph.
Welcome to ESO!

So like what's stopping me from running DW back bar instead of bow since I wouldn't have to room for all of the caltrops traps and arrow skills? Would stuff like blade cloak and twin slashes be enough to make up for it?

The fact that bow backbar makes up ~30% of an average DPS rotation. DW just can't cover that ground.

Attached: 1521873041962.png (1200x900, 333K)