It's ogre

It's ogre

Other urls found in this thread:

trello.com/c/01NuRyzc/56-ripple-xrp-support
flash-fx.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

R.I.P. banks

This dip isn't even as bad as the one yesterday. You guys need to get a life.

SOMBODY ONCE TOLD ME

SELL SELL SELL.jpg

I decided to give it until tomorrow ripple cycles are pretty long

>They didn't recognize the dip with the expanding base of buy orders under 19K SAT

Easy money, you drooling retards.

you guys literally have no patience for anything

Could one of you fine gentlemen enlighten me on Ripple's future.

I heard from every speculator late last week not to buy until the 23rd as that is where the final dip before the moon mission will take place.

But I am seeing countless heavy drops now followed by healthy stabilization at a higher level than they faltered from.

Who am I trusting?

>inb4 no one, not even yourself

How do people not realize how useless their XRP tokens are?

>But I am seeing countless heavy drops now followed by healthy stabilization at a higher level than they faltered from.
No, you're seeing it fall through support levels and it failing to touch previous highs.

sell the shekel goyim. i will buy it at a fair price

Yep it's over guys. Sell sell sell

I really should sell and buy back at a lower price, no idea why I'm not. I do think longterm prospects are still good though.

Considering banks would be dealing directly with Ripple Labs to use the network, it seems much more likely to me that they'll be getting the tokens directly from them. Which won't be a problem, as the developers are sitting on most of them.

So us as individuals who are not banks and have no use for this payment network, why are we holding or trading in these tokens? Are we hoping that the banks WILL be on the exchanges buying tokens, and Ripple Labs won't sell to them directly? We provide no value to the network, we're not mining or strengthening it through our transactions. What incentive does Ripple have to forgo the direct payment from banks so that we get a piece of the moonshot?

Maybe I'm missing something here but it seems to me like none of it adds up.

This. On that bus atm.

Yeah you should totally run the price down by selling the XRP you don't have.

This entire XRP bubble has been fueled by misinformation, it's bound to pop.

I wouldn't lie to the fuhrer.

completely different dip, that was after the bubble popped on the lock up news, today was 2nd stage of return then fall back to the mean

its over

They have stated if any token will be used it will be XRP, could they turn around and do the opposite? Fucking of course, but the longer they put that off the less likely it becomes, it will never become impossible but the odds will continue to come in.

Is it difficult to talk out your ass like that?

To add keep in mind with the lockup coins are still to actually be trickled back to ripple, they won't be able in the near future to sell those AND take a deal from the banks, they would have to have to forgo them (via rendering them worthless). So in financial terms banks are going to have to beat that value plus the shit that ripple will cop over lying. Also of course very possible, the banks can afford it and the sourness will blow over / won't even exist mainstream, but again the longer they leave it and the bigger that cap gets the more difficult it becomes.

I think you're missing my point, I know they're going to use XRP, there is no reason they shouldn't. That's not what I'm concerned about.

Reread my post if you're still confused.

If they're all using XRP then I'm not sure why you're worried. Some XRP is destroyed in each transaction and if the market falls below what the banks were paying then they'd buy on the regular market to save money.

...let me dumb that down for you

double top formation. double top bad.

Looks like ledger nano S is going to support Ripple starting Friday. I'll probably send most of my ripple to my ledger then and just ignore it for a year.
trello.com/c/01NuRyzc/56-ripple-xrp-support

If Ripple Labs sell XRP directly to the banks, which is extremely probable, we provide no value to the network, we're not mining or strengthening it through our transactions. What incentive does Ripple have to forgo the direct payment from banks so that we get a piece of the moonshot?

What are you having trouble understanding?

That you're ignoring three things, the first being that banks can easily buy it from the market if market price falls below what they're paying, the second being that the coins are finite and Ripple can't exactly just drop the price they're charging to banks as more banks sign on, and finally that Ripple is locking up most of their coins so the amount they can sell to banks is somewhat limited.

Yeah I see the issue - that nobody who actually needs XRP would ever buy it from the open market. It's a good point and worth a bit of thought.

> banks can easily buy it from the market if market price falls below what they're paying
So Ripple Labs just has to sell their coins for slightly less than market value? Easy.
> Ripple can't exactly just drop the price they're charging to banks as more banks sign on
Ripple Labs can charge whatever price they want for their coins.
> Ripple is locking up most of their coins so the amount they can sell to banks is somewhat limited
They have framed this news very well. It's actually the opposite of what it sounds like. They have been holding this XRP and it has been considered out of circulation. It's not included in coinmarketcap's calculation of total market cap for example. Ripple realises that due to the recent price surge, this is an opportune time to start dumping, but they're wary of the adverse effect this will have on the price. So they have announced that they will be 'locking up' their holdings and only selling a small fraction on a monthly basis, secured by smart contact. They are actually committing to dumping their holdings at a rate of 1 billion per month, which will inflate the supply and adversely affect the price.

The general public doesn’t seem to realize that these institutions are “encouraged” but not required to use XRP to pay any kind of operation fees. Instead, they can simply make use of the technology provided by Ripple and build their own network using their own in-house tokens.

It is also a known fact that Ripple holds ~62% of the XRP supply, which is capped at 100 billion. This means that Ripple currently has roughly $23 Billion worth of XRP. Standards on how marketcap is measured in the cryptocurrency space vary but if you count all of the XRP that currently exists, Ripple has a ~37 billion dollar market cap, or over 7 billion dollars more than Bitcoin.

>They have framed this news very well. It's actually the opposite of what it sounds like. They have been holding this XRP and it has been considered out of circulation. It's not included in coinmarketcap's calculation of total market cap for example. Ripple realises that due to the recent price surge, this is an opportune time to start dumping, but they're wary of the adverse effect this will have on the price. So they have announced that they will be 'locking up' their holdings and only selling a small fraction on a monthly basis, secured by smart contact. They are actually committing to dumping their holdings at a rate of 1 billion per month, which will inflate the supply and adversely affect the price.
Do you not even realize how amazingly stupid this copypasta is in this context?

Not an argument.

>I'm using copypasta talking about how Ripple is going to be selling off all of their coins to flee the market in the same post that I'm talking about how Ripple is actually selling all of their coins to the bank, not on the market.
You're a confirmed fudding shill now, get fucked.

>They are actually committing to dumping their holdings at a rate of 1 billion per month, which will inflate the supply and adversely affect the price.

Wrong. First of all, the total supply is already known and from this point forward can only decrease. While 1 billion xrp will be released from the smart contracts per month, that doesn't mean all 1 billion xrp will be injected into the markets. They will only be adding what they believe is necessary to maintain liquidity. Ripple has been releasing approximately 300 million XRP per month and it's likely to stay that way unless demand surges higher. The unused XRP gets put back into a new contract 55 months down the road.

Realistically this is no different than central banks increasing liquidity to maintain stability in the market.

Even if I were a shill, it doesn't make my argument any less true :^)

The fact remains, these coins were considered out of circulation. They have somehow marketed an expected dump of up to 1 billion coins per month as 'lockup'. It's quite the opposite and investors shouldn't see it as a positive move.

It does make it untrue because its not even consistent, you're a shill and a shit one at that.

>Instead, they can simply make use of the technology provided by Ripple and build their own network using their own in-house tokens.

Sure they could. But good luck getting JP Morgan to use a token created by Bank Of America.

There has to be consensus in money transfers, not adversity.

He's using copypasta, I've seen those paragraphs word for word in other threads. The copypasta is not even consistent with what he stated earlier when he said he knew they'd be using XRP.

Ripple is not designed for John Q investor. It is designed for banks, and banks want to know that there's liquidity on hand if need be.

Stop trying to equate XRP to other cryptos. It's NOTHING like them and was never meant to be.

I believe you. I consistently see the same anti-xrp posts thread after thread.

The lockup increases certainty via removing concerns that ripple would dump all suddenly. The dump is out in the light now, it's not a cause for concern as it's known.

You guys have fun arguing with him, I need to catch some sleep.

The general public knows ripple has stated if a token is used it will be XRP, but yes the banks do not NEED to use a virtual currency to use the network. They supposedly stand to save a fair bit more if they do, and if it's true they will basically have to go for it as others appear to be gearing up to pickup the slack. See: flash-fx.com/

This is the main argument XRP haters always fall back to. "Banks are not required to use XRP!!!" We know this. We've known this all along. But it behooves them to do so.

Imagine RCL as a lake. You need to cross the lake. XRP=Speedboat. XXXCOIN=Hovercraft.

Both will get you there, but one of them is going to be a hell of a lot faster and cheaper to operate. This is how it was designed.

Hope you can afford to wait YEARS before the finish dumping $23 Billion worth of XRP.

Strawman, stop misrepresenting my argument

Your agument was which I answered Maybe if you'd stop copypastaing and actually formed your own arguments you'd be able to keep track of your stupidity.

Kek lookism infiltrating biz its ogre you filthy subhuman retruded mandible cuck !

> Sure they could. But good luck getting JP Morgan to use a token created by Bank Of America.

This doesn't even make sense, I'm not saying banks could make their own variation of XRP...

You're so stupid it hurts.

>build their own network using their own in-house tokens

That's EXACTLY what you said you fucking moron!

For the last time: STOP WITH THE COPY PASTA. Formulate your own arguments or just shut the hell up.

Fuck me running....

It wouldn't matter if it was a few months or a thousand years, ALL THAT IS IMPORTANT is the market IS AWARE of the rate that coins will be entering circulation. The UNCERTAINTY has been removed which was the only fucking problem was.

This fucking guy's just winding me up isn't he...
Here I am taking time to try and help anons and this cunt is abusing it because he ignored me begging him to hop on and has decided that is my fault, like a fucking woman, the guy is a fucking woman.

LMAO. Can't help the willfully fucking ignorant.

They've put 88% of their 60 billion coins into multisig lock up for 4.5 years.

Considering banks would be dealing directly with Ripple Labs to use the network, it seems much more likely to me that they'll be getting the tokens directly from them. Which won't be a problem, as the developers are sitting on most of them.

So us as individuals who are not banks and have no use for this payment network, why are we holding or trading in these tokens? Are we hoping that the banks WILL be on the exchanges buying tokens, and Ripple Labs won't sell to them directly? We provide no value to the network, we're not mining or strengthening it through our transactions. What incentive does Ripple have to forgo the direct payment from banks so that we get a piece of the moonshot?

>We provide no value to the network

And here's reason #483 why you're an idiot. You're essentially saying a stockholder provides no value to a company.

News flash: Your purchase of XRP gives it value. Ever heard the saying "something is only worth what someone is willing to pay?". Well guess what, if someone is willing to pay 50 cents for an XRP then that's what it's fucking worth. That is.... V.A.L.U.E.

This one company has complete control over the blockchain. Is there even a block chain? It kind of just looks like a raw ledger which means no double spend protections etc. The company can just block transactions, and it looks like they could even forge transactions, and no one would be able to anything about it.

The money is great now, but one of these days, people are going to start wanting to trade their coins for something more useful, and it's doubtful that the company will allow that to happen without grabbing a large chunk of change for themselves first.

You mean... they might charge fees for currency conversion?

No fucking way. No banking institution has ever done anything of the sort in the history of mankind.

/sarc

Seriously, your FUD is fucking terrible. No wonder you have to copypasta.

Strawman again, I'm going to stop arguing with someone who intentionally misrepresents my arguments.

You have no arguments. You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about. You're just babbling on hoping something you say might actually sound smart.

Reposting the same drivel over and over again does not lend your argument any credibility. Moreoever, it completely detracts from it and furthers proof of your idiocy.

not an argument

This is literally all you have. Post the same shit over and over again, and when people rebut all of your claims you say "not an argument".

You're like a fucking Windows machine stuck in an infinite boot loop.

Interesting to see how this plays out when Ripple holders realise what they are holding has the same value as candy crush points.

jesus fucken christ man chill, ripples leveling off, lets put our heads to use on some other coins for the time

sold my coins at 39.5 cents. Was gonna buy back this morning but looks like its gonna fall for some time. Sometimes you should just secure profits.

Gonna buy back later if it falls further

You lost

>full house dubs for truth