So is BitBay a scam or something? It seems noone talks about it anymore but I thought bay was bae...

So is BitBay a scam or something? It seems noone talks about it anymore but I thought bay was bae? can someone redpill me here??

Other urls found in this thread:

bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its been pretty calm lately, just slowly growing so its not as exciting as the more volatile coins.

check the dubs

It's fucking dope. New update coming soon.

I know he was working on his market place but just don't think there has been much progress/news to speak of. I don't think it's a scam but hasn't really grabbed anyone's attention yet..

Any more informed anons got the scoop?

Nice dubs but I think you're lost senpai. Fud thread is that way >>

word, say no more nig nig.

No ones got anything negative on bay? looks like im throwing in more.. I bought some awhile back and doubled my money but only threw a tiny sum on it. Just dipped and perfect time to drop my nuts on bae though

i think its only being done by one guy and he fakes activity on the market

FUCK OFF

Is this like just a hunch or...

I heard there is one main developer (not sure if literally one dude), but faking activity is new to me. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if no one used it right now but it's an interesting concept. If a truly decentralized marketplace could be set up and set up right it could be huge

Dumbest shit i've ever heard. I bought a fridge magnet off the marketplace, it's real. Not too much going on yet but almost nobody has heard of BAY for some reason.

Keep it that way. Slowly accumulate more like the rest of Veeky Forums not everything needs to be a 10000% increase in 24 hours.

BItBays going to fucking explode at some point.

ya its just one person

this is what i know from bitcointalk
basically to sum up what ive read the dev scammed people with his partners. then his identity was revealed so he had to try and salvage his reputation by continuing the project and acting like he never knew it was a scam all along, but "Without the active input of David the Bitbay scam could never happen."
lots of people still want to sue him
now the dev still lies about stuff and fakes activity on the empty market, you can just download it to see for yourself.
the coin is worth 15 million and the dev owns most of them so you can decide if its a good buy for you or not

I try and bring it up every now and again, it was getting shilled here a while ago but other moon trips have shuffled it out of the spotlight. I took a small bet on it and will just let it ride for as long as necessary. The decentralized marketplace is one of the things I could see taking off very quickly

Get a load of this faggot.

what kind of scam was he running? i don't have a problem with faking activity, it's been a fairly standard procedure in all business for eternity.

1. Dev only owns 100 million coins out of 1 billion. To put that into perspective, I own 1 million and I got to the party late.

2. BitBay began in 2014 and remained at below 50 sats for years, David kept working and now it's at 823. That's a lot of work for a scam.

3. New update drops this month, decide if it's a scam then.

>"know"

So people somewhere do have some negative to throw at it. Did you happen to see any sources? Could very likely just be FUD

after david's identity was revealed he couldn't just disappear and had to continue the project to make it look like he's not a scammer
he's been accused of making fake accounts on bitcointalk to make himself look good and is a known pumper there
also according to bitcointalk posters there have been years of promises of features coming for bitbay but they never work correctly, overall it seems the guy isn't wanting to make a working product even though he could afford to hire real developers, he just wants to appear like its a slow moving project and never wants to finish

if the amount of defensiveness in this thread isn't a red flag... david is probably here right now

>Dev owns 10% of his own product
Right well as I'd thought there's no issues here. Whether he can get it off the ground or not let's see.

dozens of separate people posting pages of warnings and stories about it over the course of years..look on bitcoin talk, there are multiple 100 page threads
i assume this is david tricking new people who don't know the history. he's going to "get it off the ground" after years of lying? look at the uncensored bitcointalk threads

remember david still refuses to give the names of the partners of BitBay who scammed people for their money, even though he claims they are scammers and he is not, but he has to "keep his word" to them

looks like it was david posting here, he hasn't responded

Lol you're a psycho dude he's dropped 3 updates since I invested. Literal consistent progress. Kys my man.

is there a competing decentralized marketplace on the exchanges?

I think the question is why are you so quick to call it a scam? You are basically the most active person in this thread and fudding the shit out of it with no real evidence either way.

You are also here trying to shill POSW??? Fuck off.

honestly for me it sits in my scam bucket with things like XBY, if they're ever able to shake the scam stench that alone should attract some decent returns, only real problem i see is, aside from them being exposed as a scam that is, that a trusted copycat beats them to market. as it stands these only really have hype and 'faith' under them, this is not going to attract any big money.

The decentralized market already works my man, it's no scam. If you think there's not enough activity try selling something, I might buy it.

But it what way is it a "scam?"

I have literally used the marketplace with test orders and everything and there has been no issues.

I fail to see how an actual functioning product is a scam when you compare it to 99% of other coins that have a ton of road maps but no actual use or product.

That and it's been pretty damn stable in price since it broke the 600 sat barrier.

Yeah look not saying it is a scam, and comparing it to XBY is going overboard. Basically I just think it has a long way to go, if the black market dealers adopt it we'll be golden.

it doesn't work.. try using it, lots of problems. dev has said for years he's working as hard as he can but never fixes the problems. why is it a scam? for one it's lead by a known scammer/pumper. secondly even david himself admitted it was a scam at the beginning. now its still a scam because he's not interested in making it work, he's interested in making alt accounts on bitcointalk and posting under different IDs here and selling his coins at a high price
this. i'm not against one day putting some money on it if they shake the scam stench, but for now there are competitors much further along without a known scammer which are a better bet

I have used it, faggot. Are you from SYS? Shoo Shoo

Sorry Sebastian got shit on for lying in the Blocknet slack

please identify these competitors

Seriously try harder. You're telling me it doesn't work when I've used it? Okay. Explain why there is literally no marketing for this coin then if he's just trying to pump it.

He's stated multiple times he doesn't want to have it marketed until most the features are working such as the rolling peg.

wow the way i'm being attacked here reaffirms my beliefs. these people don't want a discussion, they want to defend the scam.
bitshares

I'm not attacking you, I'm asking for evidence or proof of your scam claim besides "person A or person B said this."

Fact of the matter is there is a working beta of the product with virtually zero marketing.

>working beta
after years of "hard work" the beta is so broken it's hard to believe someone even as brainless as you would describe it as "working"
>you've given me so much evidence but there's still no evidence this might be a scam
there are hundreds of pages on bitcointalk. i would link you but you can just find them in the top results if you google. obviously you know this if you're researching and are just playing a game here trying to advertise your scam.
>no marketing
the marketing of the product is david's endless shilling via alternate accounts here, on forums, and in his own chatroom. considering it's a 1-man project and the proudct is unusable there's actually an excess of marketing
>no proof of anything
you're right about that, people will have to make their own decisions. who to believe? the "FUDder" or the cultists?

wheres the marketplace for physical here? this sounds like a stock exchange

What's this about David being one of the scammers? I remember the story being the scammers GTFOd and fucked over David aswell, who remained to patch up and breathe life into this project he had been working on so it wouldn't just go to waste.

Also, BitBay itself is a promising concept. Marketing and branding is weak however. I'm invested, but not exactly expecting gains anytime soon. These coins will probably be sitting in my wallet for years.

You're deluded.

well where the fuck is david every time i bring up a bay thread? I've been trying to spark a discussion on this for a month and generally get no responses

anyone with a brain can see what's happening here

Just join the Slack dude, it's not hard to find him. He's probably the most transparent developer out there.

bitbay.market/wp-login.php?action=slack-invitation

Cue none of the shills coming into the Slack

All FUD

Bay who?

This guy is beyond deluded.

BAY is a crazy dark horse
>Working physical goods client (it works perfectly, FUDers gonna FUD)
>Dedicated dev who consistently delivers on promises
>Market favors slow and steady increase in capital over wild pumps
>Rolling peg will make the coin extremely unique and will make frozen BAY attractive as a store of wealth.

I've been holding since February with only a little trading around peaks and valleys and I have no regrets. Its simply a worry free investment. It'll easily get to 10 cents through this slow natural growth.

I'm intrigued, it isn't memed very hard on this board

It's had moments. Veeky Forums has a bad long term memory, and growth has been too slow and steady to catch a 10 active threads level of hype.