/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Cuter edition

Previous thread >What the heck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Heat Signature, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, FTL, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.
Oh, and Rimworld too I guess.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Attached: CUUUUUTE.jpg (133x119, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/617480/Tower_of_Time/
pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV
redrogue.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You demented child of evil.The last grain of sand has fallen the hourglass of your life

Attached: 1520974392266.png (812x612, 309K)

store.steampowered.com/app/617480/Tower_of_Time/

Thinking about grabbing this before the launch price increase. I don't usually go for CRPGs but the combat looks nice.

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

I'll kill you, Batter!

Attached: 1494339463176.gif (500x400, 92K)

This looks nice.
Too bad i'm too depressed to play a 50 hours long game.

Attached: 1517125806521.jpg (400x333, 22K)

Attached: GIMMIE.png (865x704, 57K)

WE NEED MORE VA-11 HALL-A IN THIS THREAD.

I know a thing or two about depression as well, dude
That's kind of why I want to play a long game right now though, I wouldn't mind settling down with one for a bit instead of having to get into a bunch of shorter games

Attached: f1555122202cc25648.jpg (701x755, 110K)

>That's kind of why I want to play a long game right now though, I wouldn't mind settling down with one for a bit instead of having to get into a bunch of shorter games
Uh. Maybe you're right. Guess i'll give it a chance instead of playing 20 games for 15 minutes before uninstalling them.

Attached: uncomfortable cat.jpg (202x182, 11K)

Play VA-11 Hall-A.

Seriously[/spoiler[

This piece of shit, dying again.

So the best friends were talking about into the breach and said it was like a puzzle game. How true is this because I really like puzzles games?

It's a puzzle game disguised as a tactical.

It's like a puzzle game in that it's turn based, and there's not really any sort of grinding to hide behind if you suck.

You can totally fuck an entire run by being a bit intellectually lazy for even one turn until you mostly figure the game out and can handle shit quickly/automatically

That sucks for people looking forward to a tatical game,but ill definitly have to check it out then. It still has rougelite elements right? How much replay does that add if its a puzle game?

>It still has rougelite elements right?
Not much, frankly. No RNG, no random event, it's a pretty "pure" experience.

I'm not disappointed.

Attached: 1516721661473.png (956x534, 205K)

There's permadeath for characters (you can keep piloting the mechs, though, via AI)

There's no damage RNG, no crits, but there is RNG related to initial enemy placements and perhaps some enemy decision making. There's also RNG which decides which items will be available in the shop at the end of each area (after ~5 missions or whatever)

Replayability mostly comes from achievements, unlockable mechs, and the fact that you'll be losing a lot before you actually win.

Just a tiny little bit like unlocking some stuff and shopping couple times per run. Shop items and rewards for some quests are randomized. That's all.

>Rakuen, some RPGMaker thing in Humble Bundle
>Boot it up, game window is only 640X480, but forces fit onto your monitor (1920X1080)
>No options menu for me to at least make it windowed
>In the opening cutscene I see this face
This is going to be terrible, isn't it?

Attached: Untitled.png (640x480, 148K)

>hm... dual boss
>kill one, other enrages or heals?
>it's both

Attached: 1506335131938.png (963x538, 198K)

Protip : You have a tiiiiiiny window to kill both of them at the same time.

Not at all, it's good, sad but good

2pro4me

Attached: 1493424756852.png (961x540, 76K)

What a rude game.

>tfw after the first year of planting everything ive figured out what crops are the best
>net a solid 10k from the first harvest
>make at least 1k every day from animal products through artisan crafting when its not a harvest day
>start making big bux with ancient fruit wine, gold star mayo/cheese
>sprinkler system means I dont even have to water shit
>gonna make a bunch of barrels make an entire ancient fruit farm
>one ancient fruit wine is worth over 1500
>not even aged

if only it was that easy irl

Attached: jhb.png (1268x693, 100K)

This is a punny game.

Attached: 1509038766712.png (962x542, 256K)

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Attached: tumblr_p4xw5bebMC1ryq8qdo1_1280.png (960x1328, 448K)

Soooooooooo ded

Too busy playing to post

Attached: 1495610006022.png (962x542, 241K)

>playing that shit instead of Nuclear Throne
Keep playing, user.

spoonfeed me opinions on Torchligts

Attached: file.png (760x173, 77K)

Nuclear Throne < EtG in my opinion

Diablo clones are boring

It's okay.

NT > EtG > tBoI
notice how the quality of the game is inversely proportional to the amount of items/bloat

look at Okay, short games, clones of D2. Have fun!

and also the presence of steak

Is the Steam client becoming painfully slow for anyone else? I don't know what it is but goddamn just scrolling up and down the page or hovering over the buttons is super delayed and laggy.

Meh.
Weird armor system, time waster, nothing more.

I can't enjoy EtG because it seemed like the most efficient way to play was also the most boring

>Tower of Time
That does look nice but I'm fine with waiting for a decent sale. About 25% off for a $22 game is a bit weak.
Actually that's a PERFECT kind of game to play when depression kicks in. It was a bit escapist for me but it helped take my mind off of things by delving into a fascinating new world. I could be anything, DO anything, and having something to look forward to at the end of a shitty day helped make it bearable until I was able to put myself mostly back together.

Meh. Nuclear Throne is messy to look at, OST is awful, and the level ups are bland and dont change the gameplay enough to be something to look forward to. I literally cant enjoy it. EtG has flaws, but the general feeling is way better.
I know myself to be in the minority about that, though.

Guys, have you played Roguelight? If you didn't, you must. It's such a good fucking game, it's so dark and you really have to know when to use arrows (Because I lost hundreds of times because I had no arrows to show me the path)

Attached: ASIAO.png (656x410, 19K)

>OST is awful

Attached: imagine having taste this shit.jpg (720x534, 29K)

Attached: 50 - COA9pnz.jpg (125x114, 4K)

I only played the older build of it from Ludum Dare. Its a good game (bound to be considering who made it) but not my cup of tea.

I might be biased about this one because i FUCKING HATE the Drylands Theme. It makes me feel physically ill for some reason.

>not my cup of tea
Why don't you like it, user?

1: Play 999
2-3: Play Rain World
4-5: Play Va-11 Hall-A
6-7: Watch animu
8-9: Watch some movie
0: Finally kill myself

Attached: breathe in some cyanide gas.jpg (504x470, 62K)

looks like its time

Welp. Cya guys.

Attached: surprise.jpg (608x378, 15K)

Roll for VA-11 Hall-A!!!

Not sure, I just remember not enjoying it. Its been about four years and I've played a lot of games since then. I'll should take another whack at it.

Good luck.

are we talking about the 9 hours 9 person 9 doors?

I wish the atelier games had a comfy mode with no time limit. It's not difficult to beat the games with plenty of time to spare but time limits really stress me out.

He said 999. I'm pretty sure there's only one game with that name. I guess you could call it Nonary Games or Zero Escape 1...

I really hope you'll enjoy it this time, user. Also, you can hold the arrow without shooting it to make light for yourself (If you didn't know that)

Don't give up, user !
Whatever I'll roll, you gonna do it !

Attached: 1499173085335.jpg (498x456, 48K)

>gorgun
>not meduzi
One job

RIP user.

user please, do you truly think they would have pass this one?

Attached: chrome_2018-03-28_21-34-15.png (335x360, 101K)

>entire species is capable of genociding itself with the slightest fuckup

Attached: Tarr.png (1024x1024, 130K)

Attached: 1480580171433.png (674x674, 376K)

Attached: 1475356626922.jpg (1039x837, 237K)

Died on the boss fight like a little bitch. Searched for health, game gave me shit.

Attached: FUUUUU.png (1366x768, 19K)

>Furi is on sale
Oh fuck should I do it

Only if you're masochist. Or like good music.

It's short but a pretty cool experience

just pirate it :^)

This but unironically.

Its pretty fun imo
What dont you like about it user

Attached: Poster4.jpg (920x1400, 1008K)

the OST is the first thing that was modded
pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

AAA = $$$ so I play indies.

Bought this game 4 days ago
Holy shit this is fun, like addictive fun. I'll try completing it with the poison lady now.
Though i dont understand shit about the story, i've picked up a cursed book that told something but it's still foggy.
Ironclad STRfag is amazing

Attached: spire.png (1920x1080, 1.05M)

Remember kids, winners don't use snecko eyes
I actually got as far as Deca down to half health, fuck that

Attached: 2018032816.jpg (1920x1080, 422K)

>implying i was ironical

:^)

Absolutely, $10 is worth it to hear the music alone. The mixture of melee/shmup combat with some QTEs gets mixed reactions from people but I thought it was good fun.

Snecko + bullet time

My main complaint with slay the spire is that a lot of the other synergies aside from the "main" ones (strength gain and card draw) don't seem that strong in comparison.

Snecko is much better with Ironclad as he has far more strong, high cost cards.

Middle tier diabloclones. Not the best, not offensively awful either. Dungeon Sieges, Titan Quest, Sacred, are all better.

1 is weird but pretty okay
2 is significantly better and generally fun, and there's a lot of mods for it. If you're looking for raw Diablo-esque gameplay then you'll probably have fun, especially at the price they're going for. Get friends too.

Simply put, it's hard as nail.

yeah i tried doing weird stuff like a block build with ironclad but some enemies and all bosses are too "fast" for it to setup. Also even though the poison lady has multiple approaches in terms of builds i can't seem to make a decent one that isnt poison focused

I played a shiv/block build with a thousand cuts. It was decent if you could get it going. Has some damage problems sometimes since there's no real nuke.

If they added more powerful synergy cards multiple builds could work out as well, the thing with strength gain is that it works with pretty much anything and it snowballs you hard if you have a decent setup for it. Especially on bosses, you can sit for a few turns and then heavy blade it for 100 damage, other builds need more setup to do that kind of thing since strength is persistent

indie is a live

Okay, can ANYONE explain how Crypt of the Necrodancer works? I've been watching a video, and I understand there are some RPGs elements, but I don't understand the beat part.

It's just a roguelike on a beat. You can't do anything unless it's on the beat. You have to move and attack on the beat, so every button press should be to the song's tempo or you whiff it and miss a turn.

That sounds extremely hard. Gotta think really fast.

You'd think. It's fairly easy to get the hang of once you have the idea of a song's tempo, and if you need thinking time, you can just move back and forth until you have an idea of what to do. The hard part comes with how enemies attack on a certain beat (some enemies attack every offbeat, some do it every four steps, etc etc) and knowing all those and knowing how to approach a foe. It's great stuff and very rewarding to learn.

It's been a while since you guys have been spanked by Fochan the Troll.
redrogue.net/

another day another rimworld save

Attached: 294100_20180329014538_1.jpg (452x580, 80K)

What can possibly go wrong with three women?
Full moon is going to be a fun time.

>page 10
Good night, indie. Try to not die.

>insect sushi
ewww