/acg/ - Armored Core General

Moldy bread: Something something back edition.

New Armored Core is officially confirmed. dualshockers.com/armored-core-from-software-continue/

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

If you're curious about playing the Armored Core series then please watch this video which has fantastic highlights of the series.
youtube.com/watch?v=xFJZGyCzIFI

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/eXbPt1yd
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Attached: 1455736116801.jpg (1280x1024, 96K)

Attached: 1505122085508.jpg (800x559, 228K)

Attached: 1442852589622.jpg (440x600, 110K)

Attached: 1451579820550.jpg (450x600, 50K)

Garrison Archangel early access is out, not sure what the differences from the demo are

Hope when?

anyone try out project nimbus since its launch?

Attached: 1512773293637.jpg (600x602, 103K)

Attached: 1445642604961.jpg (900x620, 140K)

Attached: 1475909032949.jpg (883x1142, 861K)

Attached: 1451585465709.jpg (853x1024, 214K)

Attached: 1501804235556.jpg (1200x849, 143K)

Attached: 1446509578973.jpg (700x500, 44K)

Attached: 1506772327700.jpg (934x629, 215K)

Why cover the skull?

More of a wow factor when you use a ultimate weapon.

Because there is a close up to the head when using a OW

In a cutscene, iirc only the HA heads actually change with UW which makes me sad.

And again, iirc, weren't UWs explained as not being designed for ACs? Upon thinking about it, I'd guess that, since ACs disengage arms and pop open their face to equip UWs (which I can only assume is used for energy management/ increased heat venting), that they were designed to accommodate for UWs meaning that ACs were designed after the UWs were. I don't remember if was actually touched upon in anyway or not. If not, then I'm ready to plunge into some theory-crafting.

Attached: 1490668972972.jpg (800x640, 156K)

Attached: 1499973813448.jpg (530x599, 71K)

Alright after some thought I got a few theories. So 4A ends, the cradles come down eventually, and for whatever reason there is still fighting with NEXTs. Eventually someone creates the AI to save humanity and stop the usage of NEXT to end pollutants (this begs the question if the cradle in ACV produces polluton or not). So what the AI did, to counter NEXTs was to create the autonomous enemies we seen in ACV as well as UW/OW, whichever the Japanese one is. Using these weapons (and possibly others) it defeated humanity and rounded up technologies in the towers and dominated the humans. In retaliation, humans designed 5th gen ACS which were capable of using the OW/UWs to fight back, and this is turned caused the AI to use the towers pollutants to force human's to stay in confined zones for however long it goes on for until ACV.

It seemed like a good theory at first but after writing this it's pretty ass, but I do have other theories in mind, but I'll need to think more about them to make sure they aren't retarded like this one is.

Why do the towers create pollutants? If they were something humans made, wouldn't they want them to be non-pollutant for the sake of survival? I mean I suppose they could've been used as points of power as they are in ACVD, and that eventually the AI removed all the humans in them took them by force. Perhaps that is what happened, and the AI was trying to figure out how to stop the pollutants? Although I find that unlikely given the ending of The Forgotten Day, with it being the only means to get everyone away from the Tower. I can't really understand the necessity of the Towers creating pollution.

Attached: 1511327653698.png (396x320, 132K)

Attached: 1470989318017.jpg (590x975, 365K)

>this begs the question if the cradle in ACV produces polluton or not

as far I understand, the cradles themselves dont produce the Kojima contamination, but rather their energy system, sustained by the different arterias facilities, where somekind of Kojima transmitter are located, this allow for some weird, wireless energy transmission to the cradles, thats why destroying them on 4A, would cause the cradles to fall, they would lose their energy source

>So what the AI did, to counter NEXTs was to create the autonomous enemies we seen in ACV

My own head cannon thinks that instead of fighting the NEXT as source of the problem, Chief and Carol just create the army of autonomous weapons as a defense force against anything opposing the towers and key facilities out there, with the decaying world, tech also decay, to the point of building a proper NEXT, even with the Towers power was impossible, that's why black glint is a mere shadow of even just a normal NEXT, and no only for what white glint was.

>humans designed 5th gen ACS which were capable of using the OW/UWs to fight back

giving everything, for me 5th gen ACs, are more a big combination from all salvageable tech at the total moment of total downfall from 4 era, a mix withing a Normal and a MT with some system saved from the NEXT, mainly the quickboost system, since it doesnt seem to use Kojima Particles or AMS and just a normal analog system for control, the UW were either a attempt to recreate NEXT level weaponry or even Arms Fort weapons, but were crude and poorly done prototypes if compared to a real weapon and were forced to become 5 gen ACs super weapons.

bum

>the cradles themselves dont produce the Kojima contamination, but rather their energy system
That makes sense, wouldn't really be a point to getting away from the pollutant if they were causing it in the sky.

>Chief and Carol just create the army of autonomous weapons as a defense force against anything opposing the towers and key facilities out there
Defense force and attack force as they took over the city in V.

>for me 5th gen ACs, are more a big combination from all salvageable tech at the total moment of total downfall from 4 era
I've never actually thought about it this way, and it does fit with the environments from 5th gen but I don't entirely agree with it. From a salvaging standpoint, it makes sense why these ACs are smaller in comparison to NEXTs, but there is a finely made standardization of 5th gen ACs that I wouldn't really expect. I expect more weirder parts, but things like extendable shields on legs being used in conjunction with certain weaponry seem like deliberate, previously known design practices.

At least seeing a different view caused me to go back to my original view (if you can call it that because I never really thought about the UWs much until today), that UWs were designed after the ACs and they just override the controls, which makes more sense given that when they attach we're told "Unknown unit has connected. System in jeopardy, recommending immediate termination of use." At least I can occupy myself for the night by wondering where UWs do come from, perhaps it was an attempt at NEXT level weaponry, but after what I just previously wrote I don't believe they were poorly done prototypes, but intentionally designed the way they are.

The Giga Cannon could be a recreation of the Kojima Cannon, though.
What do you think the energy sphere in the center of Exusia was?

Attached: EXUSIA2.jpg (600x338, 191K)

>but there is a finely made standardization of 5th gen ACs that I wouldn't really expect. I expect more weirder parts, but things like extendable shields on legs being used in conjunction with certain weaponry seem like deliberate, previously known design practices.

Well, I was referring more that the base for 5 gen AC was done as a mix of everything done before it, after you had this prototype template, they start adding and developing parts for it, reaching the usual AC you see at the games, during that process the leg shield was installed.

I see what you mean, I was wondering if I misread what you had written.

good night bump.

Attached: 1511093841099.jpg (1280x1024, 409K)