Is India the most peaceful place/culture in world history...

Is India the most peaceful place/culture in world history? I know of no wars between hindus; I only know of conflict arising with the invasions of the muslims. india seems unique among world cultures in its lack of conflict throughout its history.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalinga_War).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chola_expedition_to_North_India
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chola_rule_in_Sri_Lanka#Conquest
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South-East_Asia_campaign_of_Rajendra_Chola_I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalukya–Chola_wars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripartite_Struggle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajput
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthashastra#On_war_and_peace
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moriori
trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/36001501
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is India the most peaceful place/culture in world history?

Apart from the nuclear war there 11,000 years ago yeah.

>Apart from the nuclear war there 11,000 years ago

What?

Against the Finnish empire

Big assed battle.ray guns.nuclear war.you name it.bloody good war

>lack of conflict throughout history

how do you think the ashoka empire and the gupta empire and the chola empire gain dominance over their respective regions?

We kinda did have Wars (mostly political), but the rulers would oftentimes feel guilty for taking the lives of enemy soldiers (truly pathetic imo). Heck the ruler of the Mauryan Empire even converted to Buddhism in order to repent the bloodshed he had caused in a single war (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalinga_War).

I blame Indian Pacifism for bringing us a millennia of subjection under the hand of the Arabs, Persians, Turks, Mughals, Portuguese, Chinese and British. Had we been more intolerant, warlike and nationalistic in the past (similar to Germany in her golden days between 1871 and 1945), surely India wouldn't be in the sorry state she is in right now.

U wot?

No, India has always had wars and they were as violent as anywhere else. If they seem less violent that's probably because they rarely invaded outside of India (except the Cholas) and because the only Indian ruler most people have heard of is Asoka, who became a pacifist (after conquering all of India, that is). India's history is also badly recorded, so there aren't as many detailed records of great battles or stuff like that, but read the history of any notable Indian kingdom and you'll find them constantly at war with their neighbors.

Take the Cholas, for example;
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chola_expedition_to_North_India
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chola_rule_in_Sri_Lanka#Conquest
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South-East_Asia_campaign_of_Rajendra_Chola_I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalukya–Chola_wars

Or this;
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripartite_Struggle

And don't forget the whole population of Hindu warrior clans;
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajput

And their attitude towards war and politics was as realistic as anywhere else;
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthashastra#On_war_and_peace

So yeah, the whole image of Indians being a bunch of pacifist vegans is mostly myth.

That said, I do remember reading an account of Ibn Battuta where he was acting as a judge in the Maldives, and the newly converted locals were horrified when he order a thief's hand to be cut off because they couldn't stand violence. On the other hand, he also witnessed casual ritual suicide at the mostly Hindu court of Majapahit, where one of the king's servants would stab himself to death as a show of loyalty. So I guess it varies from place to place, though neither of these examples are technically Indian. Other Southeast Asian polities, Buddhist and Hindu, were also generally warlike and imperialistic.

Also, as for 'the most peaceful place/culture in world history', the closest I can think of is probably these guys:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moriori
>These people lived by a code of non-violence and passive resistance (see Nunuku-whenua), which made it easier for Taranaki Māori invaders to nearly exterminate them in the 1830s.

>No wars between Hindus.
>Kshatriya is part of the ruling class.
>Kautilya's Arthashastra is Indian Art of War & The Prince rolled up into one.

>I know of no wars between hindus; I only know of conflict arising with the invasions of the muslims.
>I know of no

See, just because you don't know that something happened doesn't mean it didn't. India saw an amount of war comparable to any other part of the world at any given point in history. They were not particularly more or less violent than the rest of the world at large.

wtf i hate maoris now

>Hindu genocides of Sikhs
>General persecution of minority religions (Christianity, Sikhism, etc)
>Interminable Hindu-Muslim violence
>Caste system
>Territorial wars with Pakistan and China
>Annexation of Hyderabad
>Mughal-Maratha wars
>Maratha-Mysore wars
>Gupta Empire
>Airstrikes on their own citizens in Mizoram
I know a lot of vapid, empty-headed, liberal millennials like to think of themselves as 'worldly' by saying 'like yeah I'm like Hindu y'know because I like curry and yoga and stuff'. Then they try and convince us all that Hinduism and Buddhism are 'peaceful' when the entire history of India proves otherwise

>muh gandhi
>muh buddha

trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/36001501

>3,000 dead in Indian train Massacre

T. Georgios

>I know of no wars between hindus

Ignorance is bliss

>commie genocides of Sikhs
ftfy
Indian national congress was closer to islam and communism than hindus

pretty old post independence indian meme that said that the IVC was destroyed by the weapons in the ramayana that were actually nuclear weapons in disguise.

>muh poor sikhs
>they dindu nuffin, just good bois.
They tried to rebel and were pud down
>persecution of minority religions
>he says as the indian government regularly fucks over hindus to appease the next american funded groups of tribal converts.
>caste system
how is it inherently violent.
>annexation of hyderabad
Yeah, lets not look at the hiring of razakars and attempted ethnic cleansing by the nizam.
>Airstrikes
yeah, no excuse for that. On the plus side they reached a rather peaceful solution in assam during the 50s.
>mughal marathas
>mysore marathas
both against muzzies.
>gupta empire
largely replaced the shunga dynasty and stayed within it's cultural sphere. Also led to the golden age of hinduism.

fuck off bhakt. Bhindranwale and co were trying to actively break up india and killing hindus in amritsar.

>someone calls me a bhakt and a sickular libtard in the span of an hour.
Why are you extremists on both sides projecting everyone on the internet? The sikh riot matter started with communist congress(not hindu) and forgotten by most of the sikhs by the turn of this decade.
The extremist opinion isnt mutually inclusive of the general opinion. And most of the rioters were just goons looking to loot.Most of the middle class hindus just stayed inside their homes or even provided shelter for their neighbour sikhs.

What is the anandpur sahib resolution m8

that makes it a genocide how?
yeah, rajiv gandhi cocked it up with his tree comment, but his mum had been killed.
Diaspora shitters in canada venerating two traitorous guards is pretty fucking disgusting.
you mean the resolution that was full on extremist and went against freedom of religion and the territorial sovereignity of india?

India was like its own little Europe of bloodshed and feuds

the great sansubu war of 425V.C.
during that time there was a war between 2 hindu clans .
during that war both sides used ancient hindu technology .
one of them was the bralmabar.
the bralmabar was an anient weapon of hindu india(the india army still has it) the hindus would shit on it and it would fill the streaats with shit

Did I ever say the word genocide?
Fucking monkey.

someone else did you retard.
>muh 3 gorillian sikhs were killed and our holy temple desecrated.
>we didn't turn it into an armed fortress filled with heavy machineguns though.

My point was only that India has as violent a history as Europe, and no fuckwitted teenage girl's insistence that 'Hinduism is like sooo spiritual' will change that
I actually like India and think it incredibly fascinating, so in other words it's not India's history I object to, it's western liberals' willful ignorance of it

>as violent
didn't have a country shattering war like the 30 years war though.
It was relatively more peaceful because major polities would collapse easily due to the large autonomy that they had.

>I know of no wars between hindus
Hindu kingdoms battling each other is why Islamic and later British occupation of the subcontinent was possible.

that's a very simplistic view of looking at history.

because india is very decentralized, giving states a greater say over how things run

it's hard to have a centralized government in a place with such a huge level of diversity.

well the soviets pulled it off