Shinto

Tell me everything you know about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nippon_Kaigi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Apparently the current Emperor of Japan is related to Amaterasu and Susanoo

Weaboo

Did you know that it's the correct religion and all others are false?

Some people might try to tell you it's dead but it's not. You simply can't go high in the Japanese government unless you're in with them. Big players in Japan legitimately want their Emperor to declare himself divine again and lead Japan in conquest over the Gaijin piggus

Proofs? For things after the first statement. I don't believe it's "dead", but it obviously has a lesser role.

spirits like to live in ropes and mirrors

I'm exaggerating of course but read all of the official stuff on them and say you aren't at least a little bit concerned.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nippon_Kaigi

Good insight into what European Paganism would probably look like in the modern era, had it survived. Japanese people aren't completely aspiritual, they believe in their shinto spirits in the same way most westerners believe in fate or luck, more like general concepts that can be appeased or celebrated once in a while.

Abrahamic faiths are rather unique in that they focus on vigorous affirmation of belief and priests are expected to hold a high moral standards. Pagan priests, and current shinto ones, are just kind of like any other profession or family business. They get drunk, they get in fights, whatever man.

Overall it seems more natural and pleasant. Less life-denying too, since spiritual pursuits aren't seen as inherently superior to worldly ones but I am a fedora.

Bringing the emperor back into leadership is so far-fetched it may as well be impossible, but other that that it sounds like a fairly normal religious conservative organization. It seems like they have notable power and influence, but not so much as to be dominating so I wouldn't really say it's concerning unless you're some expat weeb permanently living there.

>Bringing the emperor back into leadership is so far-fetched it may as well be impossible
Why exactly?
The LDP (a party that would be supportive of such a measure) hold a significant majority in both houses.

It is not like America would do anything if Japan were to throw off the shackles of its current constitution.

That ain't it

Except for the massive public resistance against such a measure

Which public? Japanese or American? I think that both would accept it if it were done incrementally and with enough tact.

Wasn't there a massive (relative to Japanese politics) pushback against Abe's attempt to ease the terms of their self defence restrictions in their constitution?

I don't pay close attention to Japanese politics. There might have been. If so that's probably a strong point against a Shinto resurgence. What most people think about these kinds of things doesn't really matter that much anyway provided that they don't know. For how many years was Korea run according to the whims of a bunch of billionaires and psuedo-Christian shamans? They've been shut the hell down now, but they were getting away with it until everyone found out.

By the communist filth, sure.
Given the population density that japan has, it is relatively easy for a party with only 21 seats (out of 475) in the house of reps to organize a large protest in Tokyo.

Given that the LDP has the support of both the majority of Japanese voters and the JSDF.
I think that any internal resistance to overturning the current constitution could be quashed rather easily.

Japan uniting and deciding they want to amass some more tanks for the sake of their pride or whatever the rest of the world could accept. The JSDF kicking the shit out of protesters in the middle of Tokyo looks really bad though. Even just a few thousand of them could turn the whole world against a re-militarization.

Thankfully for Japan, what most nations think about it is quite irrelevant.

The only nation that really matters to Japan is the USA, and given that Japan is critical to the defense of American Imperial interests in the region.
I do doubt that America would do or say much if the japan adopted a new constitution.
As long as they maintained an alliance with America of-course.

even a piece of shit has a spirit.

really? im literally japanese now.

America would probably be for a less restrictive constitution given China's increasingly belligerent actions in the region.

Well the main foreign policy goal of most nationalist groups is to strengthen relations with America.

They can see that Americas ability to project power is waning, and as such hope that they can position a new militarized Japan to take over Americas role in checking Chinese expansion in the region.

Ethno-nationalism is steadily being abandoned by most Japanese nationalist groups, in favor of civic nationalism (mostly due to the massive reproduction shortfall, necessitating some form of mass immigration into Japan within the next one or two decades).
As far as an increasing amount of the Japanese far right are concerned, as long as you fully assimilate into Japanese society and fully embrace Japanese culture, you are Japanese.

>As far as an increasing amount of the Japanese far right are concerned, as long as you fully assimilate into Japanese society and fully embrace Japanese culture, you are Japanese.

even if you are k*rean?

anyone know more about this?

Banjo Kazooie is a Shinto game.