Other urls found in this thread:

basicattentiontoken.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop reminding me

ok and even if it goes up to $10,000 like some retards thats only less than 10x

the people who got in when bitcoins were 1$ got 1800x their money

ur fucking late

Filthy no coiner scum

I have more bitcoin than money. I have about 3$ of bitcoin and 0$ of money.

>tfw used to have 21 bitcoins when they were worth $10 each back in 2012, but sold then at $30 thinking I made it big

If only i wasn't underage when it began to take off, i would have grabbed some

if only I had put just $10,000 into bitcoin when I first heard about them in 2011, I could retire by now.

I started buying last year when they were at $400 each, so I've made a nice little profit, but my timidness and risk aversion means I didn't put more into btc like I should have, meaning unless bitcoin gets to $50k or so I'm going to be stuck working for a while longer.

Buy ETH

buying right now

that's a very expensive meme

bought some eth when they were at $10 and now they're above $90. Again though I only invested a little bit, so my gains were very modest. Too afraid to take a big risk

I bought Bitcoins for $.33 way back when they were first getting noticed on /g/. I sold for $45.

And if anyone told you that they knew Bitcoin was ever going to be this high, they were lying. Also, enjoy your backorders lol

Gibe moneys, scumbag
Thx for pointing out the obvious, retard. 99% of us are late.

The biggest regret of my life would be not investing on Bitcoin in my teens

I USED TO HAVE 2.34 BTC AND SOLD THEM FOR 959 EUROS

I THOUGHT IT WILL DIE

>I USED TO HAVE 2.34 BTC AND SOLD THEM FOR 959 EUROS

thats pretty good dude u shouldnt have any regrets

Plz don't tell me they were dirty cheap a decade ago or something like that.

Too bad it's impossible to cash them in.

wave three midterm, guess you are hoping for that magical 5 to over 9K. Good luck satan

>sold all mine that I bought for 200

whats it like having none of money?

I never got into bitcoin because i figured alt coins would flood the market and devalue everything into oblivion...

They were a couple cents years ago

>that feel when I used to spend like 30 bitcoins on weed from the deepweb

If I even put $1,500 into bitcoin which I actually had at the time as disposable income I'd have almost $4,000,000 today.

A great opportunity missed but to be honest I wasn't really the most tech savvy person before or even knew what bit coin was actually about so I'm not to butthurt.

Just because I feel sorry for all you all.

The guy that made Javascript and Mozilla/Firefox is making a new browser called Brave. It will be using Basic Attention Tokens to pay you not to use an add blocker and downloading their browser.

It's a smart solution to the web advertising billion dollar business.

basicattentiontoken.org/

Put in $5000 and cash out $250,000
There...happy?

CASH? you idiot. you buy stuff with bitcoin, not cash

My friend was contemplating on investing 200 euros on btc when they were worth 20 cent a piece.

He regrets it now.

Bitcoin is just the email, there is still the entire internet left for you to invest in.

Pic related is me making 1.4k in the last week from investing in alt coin.

This is how you beat the jews.

Nice try schlomo.

neat idea but nobody will ever use Brave. Getting people to change browsers is no small feat. People won't move away from Chrome unless there's a compelling reason to do so, or unless the browser is shoved down your throat constantly, like Google did with Chrome and MS did with IE

>implying i have money to invest

How is Ethereum? Any good? good time to get in right now?

Heard there was a key technological difference between ethereum and buttcoin.

Is the Bitcoin jew-proof?

>fiat currency is unstable but this isnt
dont feel bad its all going to come crashing down any day now

Bump

JUST
U
S
T

>back in 2011 /g/ said it was a scam
>i listened to them
Never again.

It'll still get to a billion dollar valuation on speculation in this market. Worse projects are and this is one of the more liegit projects.

Make at least 100-300%..

Up to you..I can't make you make money.

Kinda sucks.

Yeah but the point was that selling them now would have made me a fortune.

>dont feel bad its all going to come crashing down any day now

Explain, leaf

>tfw opened a bitcoin wallet in 2010 but didn't buy any because it was too much of a hassle

I don't understand how this hasn't happened yet. It's gotta be speculators deliberately driving the price up because Bitcoins are the equivalent of printing money out of your basement

Well that was unexpected.

Used to juggle a couple dozen BTC at a time around 2011-2012 when Silk Road was around. Never expected shit to go through the roof like this.

I'm not an expert but Bitcoin is primarily a payment system/currency while Ethereum is more a platform for blockchain applications and smart contracts, with Ether being the token used.

Ethereum gain a lot of momentum lately when Microsoft and other big tech companies said they were going to get on board and start creating platforms for developers to create Ethereum based applications and private blockchains based on Ethereum. If ETH does become the standard for this sort of thing I expect the price of Ether to rise significantly. There may still be an opportunity to get in.

It will dies. You're not going to be able to keep those when (((they))) decide to introduce the new (((coin))). Only criminals will have them, and getting caught will mean your death.

Quick, remind me how hard I fucked up not buying ETH 4 years ago

How can I get bitcoins? I can farm them with my regular computer? How much can I get per like 12 hours/day?

it's still (possibly) early days

I have half a bitcoin I bought when it was like $800 a whole. So I like doubled it..

>orders sig Sauers for upcoming race war

Zero. You missed the boat. Farming them on your PC is pointless now.

Same bro, I feel like hanging myself.

It's digital VIX Bonds for lack of a better term

zero. The days of mining on your home PC are over. You need a supercluster of high end specialized hardware to do any serious mining now. Your option is to buy them from an exchange.

Shit, God knows I could use some extra money right now.

After mining the ether, am I able to sell it and covert that into usable money I can send to my bank accounts and such? Or is it an exclusive currency that can buy only stuff with itself?

I feel like there's a crash coming soon. It just feels like the main coins are being overvalued right now.

>tfw proud owner of 0.03 BTC

Looks like I'll be buying that mansion soon lads

I have been here 10 years and was laughing at them when bitcoin hit 100 I think. I believe I remember bitcoin at 25 when the libertarians pushed it. I was a moron.

This
And when it crashes it won't be overnight but in a couple of hours or minutes. There's no stop loss order in Bitcoin.

>tfw sold on the first price climb from 300-700

whose to say you wouldn't have sold at any other point? Or that right now you wouldnt hang onto it hoping it goes to 3k and then it crashes. people always look back in 20/20 hindsight like they wouldve bought the trough and sold the peak but that never ever happens.
Its a classic speculative bubble. There is nothing physical behind it. So the second it stalls out and the returns slow down, guess what? people are going to want to put there money to more productive uses, mostly stocks and bonds that actually pay out. so they yank from bitcoin and it collapses. its happened before it will happen again

Made 50K with btc, not bad but could have made 200K and buy a house with the investments I could've done. I fucking KNEW monero was going to triple at least and had 50k worth of btc that I could've tripled..Still fucking bitter about it

You can but you're still subject to taxes on it. You can get around it when youre ready to cash out by transferring it to BTC and buying assets with it like gold.

When I first heard about bitcoin I think they were $5 a piece. It was all over new but I thought it was crazy. A 100 investment then would buy me a house now

>There is nothing physical behind it

a lie. There's a global network of computers that is more powerful than the top 500 supercomputers combined. Bitcoin is backed by the enormous global infrastructure which supports it.

That's not the goal anyway.

There are many altcoins to invest in, don't lose hope.

>people always look back in 20/20 hindsight like they wouldve bought the trough and sold the peak but that never ever happens.

Yep, take your gains and move on to the next meme.

Join in Taringa

technically you still have to pay capital gains when you buy things with your appreciated bitcoins. Might be able to slip under the radar for small purchases, but if you buy say a house with BTC I think the IRS will want to ask some questions, if you don't report your capital gains.

I mean there is no expectation of future earnings like there are if you are to hold equities

Do you think eth will crash anytime soon?

It seems really overvalued atm.

How to start generating bitcoin, and how long does it take to make one?

Spoken like a true cult believer. What happens when the power goes off. Where are your bitcoins then?

well sure, bitcoin is an asset not a stock. it's value is based on scarcity vs demand

Really glad I kept a couple hundred of these

Once had 10.000 euros in bitcoin but i lost most of it in margin trade :(.

Fuuuuuu I should've bought this fake digital money with my fake paper money years ago.

>expectations

That's called hope. It's not guaranteed.

That is a lot, is this the highest it has ever inflated?

if the "power goes off" globally we have bigger problems to worry about than the value of bitcoins or any other currency for that matter. Even if that does happen, the bitcoin network can be brought back on line when the "power comes back"

>taxes
what the fuck? What bullshit is this?

bottom seekers are brave souls... it may drop even lower in the next few days. beware of the falling knife...

>spending money is taxed
no shit sherlock

Don't be even dumber, leaf. The BTC is slowly running out of blocks to mine. They will be completely gone by 2140. It may go down slightly to $700 max no lower than that. It'll porbably be worth more then $100.000 each by the time we're grey and in diapers. Sure more people will want to sell now than buy but it's temporary at best.

who )))fucked up astronomically((( here?

I was in a thread on /g/ about bitcoins when it first got its footing and there were a few people saying "GET BITCOINS NOW, NOW." with some seriously good arguments and I just thought "lol not wasting my time".

One of my e-friends who was also around at the time made out like a bandit from the same thing; I recall calling him an idiot for mining with all four of his computers all day every day.

What if it doesn't? It's all gone. At least with paper notes and gold and silver coins you can touch them.

my point is you can't avoid taxes by buying with your appreciated bitcoins, unlike what many believe.

Stuff like mexican weed on tor? Lol

Can someone in this thread explain to me how bitcoin mining works? Ive never been able to understand that it seems like magic

but unlike other currencies, people are holding bitcoin in their portfolio expecting appreciation, not just for security or as a strong counter cycical asset.

the second it starts stalling out there is literally no reason to hold it anymore.
Im pretty sure my google and facebook shares will make a hefty profit this quarter.

The smell of basement on this thread is strong...
Try to buy something meaningful with bitcoins, u retards.

>Getting the same profits that buttcoins but in a serious way, everyweek.

>overvalued

NO!!
look at this graph. Bitcoins are just starting to grow. Market cap TRIPLED since january.. more than 40 billions invested in 5 months, it's going up the moon. T

>TFW a bag of weed I bought off Silk Road adjusted to todays BTC value cost me $43,000.

hol up hol up

This shit is fucking genius. If it really does what it claims to do to advertising then this thing will explode. How does it work tho, like can you trade it outside of the browser like the rest of the coins?

In the event of an apocalypse, your government paper money isn't going to do you much good either. Who would accept it? Gold, maybe, but I have a feeling practical goods like food and ammo will be the currency in the event of a global power outage (which by the way I don't envision ever happening).