The making of a racist, sexist religion of nihilism on Veeky Forums

Pic is of the author.

"We may be broke, but we can at least like what we see in the mirror. It speaks to the centrality of identity as a human need, to feel like we matter even in the apocalypse. Praising Kek, in such a world, is more than a shibboleth, or even a battle cry. It’s an affirmation of the self. If meme magic is real, it means the self is a little bit magic too."

reallifemag.com/apocalypse-whatever/

Other urls found in this thread:

oed.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=IUzhISwCC-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Veeky Forums is a bunch of resentful racist white males, i'm only here for Veeky Forums

go fuck yourself bigots

>p-please subscribe to my fad religion I swear it won't burn out like Scientology
>w-wont' you think of the meeeeemmm magic user? X D

>tfw you and Tara will likely be contributing to the same anthology
Feels weird man.

& humanities was a mistake

Pic is of the author

>To do something for the lulz and care nothing for the embodied consequences is the product and promulgation of a malignant structural racism. Only someone who has always had enough privilege to never have to reckon with the consequences of one’s words could participate in such a movement and keep up with the profound disengagement it demands.

Pffff ahahahahahaha

Then fuck off back to Veeky Forums cuckeroo

the only thing that be characterized these days as a proper proto religion imho is the UFO/alien abduction craze

dude praise KEK lmao

Now, before i decide if i'm gonna read the article (i surely have better things to do) i have some questions:
Does it only relate to /pol/?
Or does it cover Veeky Forums in general?

Does it at any point mention the possibility that /pol/ is the silent majority, the shy tories who become uninhibited only on the internet and act differently in real life, and that they are more likely shaped by their own environment more so than a serb-croatian puppet theater forum?

Does it delve into /r9k/, which i would think is much more impactful on it's posters than /pol/? A life of solitude worsened by an echo chamber of self destructive thoughts.

>Pffff ahahahahahaha
But, she's right.
Anonymity means never having to say you're sorry ;^)

damn, lucky man. I'd drink her bathwater

I think that ship sailed a decade ago, frankly.

>Does it only relate to /pol/?
Sorta.
>Or does it cover Veeky Forums in general?
It covers some aspects of chanish culture.

>the possibility that /pol/ is the silent majority
iirc, yes, but not using that brand-name.

>shy tories who become uninhibited only on the internet and act differently in real life
Absolutely.

>and that they are more likely shaped by their own environment
Yuh, see >Does it delve into /r9k/, which i would think is much more impactful on it's posters than /pol/?
Been a minute since I thumbed through it but no, it's covering the theogony of particular strains of thinking. Pretty sure others have hit /r9k/ better, too.

>privilege exists

wow, this smug pseudo-intellectual thinkpiece has really made me change my ways. really got my noggin a joggin

>socio-economic variability doesn't

I could be converted to kek if meme magic produced nudes

> racist, sexist religion of nihilism
This person obviously has no idea what the fuck they are talking about. Also why would you voluntarily join a fake religion. I understand if you are brainwashed into believing there is an almighty so you try to get into their good graces. But what is the incentive of this cult? If you subscribe to the same ideology just say that you think those things. Joining an edgy cult will just be something to cringe at later.

Are people this lonelyand have so little self respect that they would join something as dumb as this?

>muh werds change meaning

>Also why would you voluntarily join a fake religion.
Discordianism is still going strong.

>But what is the incentive of this cult?
If we're going on the pepe/kek mememagic hypothesis, then dubs, giggles, and catharsis.

It's not a change, a natural conclusion; if there is socioeconomic variability, then, obviously, others would have more and others would have less freedom of agency. This isn't rocket surgery or neuronomy.

Fwiw, I don't agree with chunks of the piece. The broad strokes of an accepted and enthusiastic accelerationism is interesting enough to tinker with some more, particularly through lenses of performativity and aesthetics.

Is she associating /pol/ with every board on this place? With /a/ or the origami board for instance?

Quite ridiculous and the way she tars the whole demographic of Veeky Forums is unashamedly nonacademic and disgustingly biased.

Speak English nerd or fuck off.

Most of Veeky Forums is basically /pol/. Pretending it's not true outs you as a newfag.

>Is she associating /pol/ with every board on this place?
It's a common mistake, but again I think this is more about extracting particular +I+D+E+O+L+O+G+I+E+S+ from the broader culture as a whole, probably a worthwhile task.

oed.com/

Alright, i'll read it.

>Most of Veeky Forums is basically /pol/. Pretending it's not true outs you as a newfag.

Rather it's the other way around. /pol/ was not nearly so infectious back in the good old days. That you think so merely shows what a newfag you are trying to justify your newness by pretending to 'get' Veeky Forums.

>from the broader culture as a whole, probably a worthwhile task.

And this is where they make a tremendous mistake - trying to see sense where there isn't any. Yes Veeky Forums is quite fluid in the sense that a person from one board can so easily be from another but the idea of 'popular overarching' ideology in this place is nonsense as the board culture *shock* revolves around the board topic first and foremost and has a rooted history in what memes became regurgitated as part of said culture over time.

t. /pol/ kiddie who thinks swarming outside of his home counts as "owning Veeky Forums"

by your logic /pol/ owns every forum on the internet, including reddit!

and if you own reddit, you can fuck off back there already where you belong.

>doesn't remember the before-time

>trying to see sense where there isn't any.
It's all culture, man, and if we can make sense of some backwater tribe up an obscure Amazonian tributary we should CERTAINLY be able to make some valid, or at least novel and interesting, observations about this particular Mongolian yak husbandry vBulletin.

As a 30 year old it always makes me smirk when some sperg calls me a kiddo.

>As a 30 year old
>tfw

>As a 30 year old

wizard detected, post discarded

>projection: the post

>Most of Veeky Forums is basically /pol/
no, you THINK most of Veeky Forums is /pol/, and so you smear your shit all over every board and bring up politics at random times while everyone tells you to fuck off

/pol/ is a cancer that often breaches its containment, like /mlp/, nothing more

/mlp/ is fucking dead, what year are you living in?

>/mlp/ is dead
shh user don't speak too soon, remember how liberals thought racism and sexism was going to be killed soon?

declaring an evil dead or in the past is a surefire way to bring it back to life

/pol/ is the third most popular board by post number and neck and neck with /v/ for the most popular by post rate. This may seem like a shock, but people can (and do) visit multiple boards. Most posters on Veeky Forums are crossposters from /pol/, and /v/, and Veeky Forums, and /k/, and /a/

This has always been the way of things. One board is particularly popular and its culture spreads out into the other boards. It used to be /a/, then /v/, for awhile it was /b/. This is natural and reflects the changing interests of the userbase.

If you don't like it you can gtfo because you do not understand how this whole "anonymity" thing works, making you much like the author of the article.

The only reason anyone should shut up about /mlp/ is the risk of summoning Lee Goldson.

no, because its an image board dedicated to a single show that stopped being mildy popular 3 years ago.

>how this whole "anonymity" thing works
Enlighten us, because she seems to be positing the same sort of cross-poster inhibition override and interest confluence others itt reference.

>>To do something for the lulz and care nothing for the embodied consequences is the product and promulgation of a malignant structural racism. Only someone who has always had enough privilege to never have to reckon with the consequences of one’s words could participate in such a movement and keep up with the profound disengagement it demands.

That statement's particularly retarded as it implies
A. Whites are the only people capable of creating a spiritual movement
B. Supposed "unprivileged" have no control over their own beliefs
C. Purportes "White privilege" exist

She looks like a balding man lol

And most of all
>only white people post on /pol/

How fucking deep in the bubble do you have to be to think /pol/ isn't extremely white

Because I post there and I'm asian.
Also they have flags, a simple visit there should show you how mutlicultural the board is.

>Whites are the only people capable of creating a spiritual movement
Wat? How?

>Supposed "unprivileged" have no control over their own beliefs
See above.

>Purports "White privilege" exists
I feel the 'privilege' she's referencing is rather more structural. Essentially, that, for example, if someone gets their shits 'n' gigs by, say, encouraging suicide, or giving someone a seizure of twitter with a gif, probably experience a confluence of factors that erode boundary norms and empathy, largely without the process being actually challenged.

>how mutlicultural the board is.
What about the possibility that it's a monoculture of /pol/ made up of representatives of multiple cultures? Like a corporation, or really any community based online.

Don't move the goalposts, you're encouraging him. Although Veeky Forums is undoubtedly mostly White (Due to 50~% of the userbase being American and 25~% of the userbase being British) there are still peopl who aren't of European descent on Veeky Forums and /pol/. Mexicans, Singaporeans, Worst Koreans, and Brazilians are all common on /pol/ for example.

Not him, but Anonymity allows people to act without inhibition and say how they really feel. It allows people to talk about things that they are not allowed to talk about in real life, either due to it being taboo, an opinion that could lead to ostracism, or being outright illegal.

This allows people to not only act for the lulz and do what they find fun (If I don't like a thread, I close the tab and hide the thread), but also shifts arguments to those of logic and sources. Anonymity removes a key component of non-anonymous discussion in that the actual content of a message is the sole criterion for it being accepted or not accepted. Who said the message (Barring tripfags or namefags, who are almost universally despised) is irrelevant and doesn't play into it at all. Only the content matters.

>Only someone who has always had enough privilege to never have to reckon with the consequences of one’s words could participate in such a movement and keep up with the profound disengagement it demands.
As only White People can be guilty of White Privilege, and only someone who has committed White Privilege can engage in such a movement, only White People can engage in a spiritual movement such as Esoteric Kekism.

But because only White People can willingly CHOOSE to participate, someone who is not White has no choice but to participate or not participate, they cannot control their own beliefs.

I really like what she wrote there, albeit it seems weird how she wants to scold the kekpraisers for not standing up for the consequences of their actions even though they wanted these consequences.
Like, she cannot grasp how racist we actually are and thinks everything of it is just a vengeful charade to hide us being salty about loosing privilege points.

Im a /pol/ poster but am "gentle" and adapt to the board Im in by posting in its spirit safe for a few rare times when I get triggered.
People crosspost a lot, in the end other boards draw from the same pool /pol/ does and /pol/ draws a lot.

>point out that everyone hates tripfags
>feed a tripfag

What a bunch of garbage.

flags

You fuccboi riajuu were a mistake. Veeky Forums never used to "be" anything. It wasn't until perpetually offended redditors and curious normalfag idiots outgrew the original populace that Veeky Forums's puerile contrarianism grew into something more.

There's a reason why most /pol/tards are also redditors.

Fair, I almost did write white and asian but thought it distracted from the point

Leftists/Liberals/Progressives have drank so much of their own koolaid that their ideology completely falls apart if """""""""racism""""""" is anything but the product of evil White People being mean to poor """Minorities""" for no reason other than hate.

The notion that we could simply be wrong (The crime statistics that show Blacks commit 6 zillion% of the crime in the US were falsified) or that SHE could be wrong (You DID look up the crime statistics for blacks, right?) never occur to her.

did you even have one?

There often isn't a clear line between when you join a religion or group. Take becoming a fan of a team:
>wow Dallas sure played good all Fall
>oh wow I'll root for Cowboys at the superbowl because i hate the other team
(5 years later)
>I'm not paying a cent over $800 for this signed Cowboys jersey.

You missed all the Mexicans, Pinoys, Brazilians, Turks, Koreans, Indians etc posting there?

>inhibition
Then what's the actual gripe here?

>White privilege
The privilege isn't white the white is a component thereof.

>only White People can engage in a spiritual movement such as Esoteric Kekism.
I still don't see how this follows. In any case, since I'm always keen to ask Kekites, if you are one, could you give me a summation of your rites, theology, doctrine, and so forth.

I'm sorry some squiggles in the namefield trigger you.

>even though they wanted these consequences.
Did they? Is there a coherent Kekism? Moreover the scolding seems to be more based around abject nihilistic accelerationist races to the bottom. In any case, I think most normies get sick to their stomach thinking about some /pol/ related antics. To expect no component of moral or ethical distress from outsiders is shortsighted.

That's too close to slippery slope but there is a component of acculturation and self-sustainment here.

Not at all, but I did see them all (whites included) posting about walls, powerful races, huehuehue, roaches, hyperwars, and licensed defecation alleys.

>Wat? How?

By implying "privilege" (and in the American/west Euro context this means White) is a requisite to being able to form and be a part of a new spiritual/cultural movement. This is objectively false.

>implying
>requisite
>The privilege isn't white the white is a component of larger systemic privilege(s).

That's referring to the kek religion in particular, not all religions.

If you are a genuine racist, you're not a nihilist in the way she describes.
/pol/ threads will have a lot of posters endorse stuff like this:
>if this is a get, Ben Carson will be in the Trump administration
>a white liberal tries to stop black on black domestic violence and is murdered by a black man? LOSER
What they are doing has, as she says, a quasireligious collectivist air about it.
You're describing a /pol/ of 2-3 years ago, where you could still find threads on Hayek. I'm sure folks like you post a lot on /pol/ still be I don't think you make up a large percentage of posts anymore.

I'm still waiting for an Esoteric Kekite to have a chat with me about Arum Solis' ogdoadic elaborations, the Coffin Texts, the Pyramid Texts, Coming Forth by Day, or the places of Set and Apep inside their cosmography.

>The privilege isn't white the white is a component of larger systemic privilege(s).

You don't know what she meant, I don't know what she meant, but I do know most socially progressive liberals currently believe in "White privilege." And other clinical retardations. What "component" of this privilege is White exactly?

>If you are a genuine racist, you're not a nihilist
While this is true in the broadest sense I see a shitload of accelerationist racists and it may as well be nihilism because a hard reset will likely threaten white populations the most.

>a hard reset will likely threaten white populations the most.

It would likely be a social and economic restoration the likes of which the world had never seen.

1) I'm making the supposition because that's the meaning used in literally every serious academic discussion I have about socioeconomic variance as privilege.

2) >>tfw you and Tara will likely be contributing to the same anthology
>Feels weird man.

>What "component" of this privilege is White exactly?
The white part. Particularly the "white nationalism flies here" part.

Its more about basic tribalism, you know you dont die from taking a few outsiders into the fold (espeacially the memetic one were theyre just a mean for humour/furthering the inside jokes) and you hate more the foreign collective you feel threatened by then the individual.

So you also can hate one of your own as an individual (the liberal "traitor") but brush over any vices concerning the collective/tribe.
What you describe does not contradict the core of the message and motivation that lets people act like this.

The racist accelerationists are not able to identify people with enough character and wisdom to lead them.
You can't put white America back on top by electing a bunch of 'racists' who will sell out to the highest bidder in China. All that will happen is that Americas end will accelerate.

>You can't put white America back on top by electing a bunch of 'racists' who will sell out to the highest bidder in China. All that will happen is that Americas end will accelerate.

You mean the exact the same thing our anti-racists elected officers did?

>All that will happen is that Americas end will accelerate.
Which appears to give a LOT of Americans a suicidal death-boner, I guess.
youtube.com/watch?v=IUzhISwCC-I

"Serious acedmic discussion?" By whom? Not most American academics who are notoriously ideological.

/pol/s large numbers are due to the fact that they were swarmed by normalfags from /b/ and reddit who are easily impressed by unsourced infographics and unintelligible shitposting

Dumb nerd shit.

Keep crying namecuck

No. I think China will extort our next president by using a carrot and stick approach with his international holdings. It's less of a 'this shell company will give 100,000 to your super PAC' and more of a 'Stop calling Taiwan and stop sending carrier groups near Vietnam and you can build a hotel in Beijing that we will pay for.' Or 'don't fuck with this DPRK thing or we will freeze the escrow for your new building in Singapore'

I guess we will have to wait and see who is right.

What if you aren't racist or sexist but think Kek might be real?