Is it really wrong to judge a person's ideas or at least the motivation behind them by judging them...

Is it really wrong to judge a person's ideas or at least the motivation behind them by judging them, especially their physiology/facial morphology?

After reading Twilight of the Idols by Nietzsche it really makes sense that Socrates' ugliness was one of the factors of why he plunged so deep into logic and dialectics, to deny the immediate response of the senses. And with it he tried to drag others down with him. Don't tell me he personally wasn't feeling better when beautiful soldiers withered away into abstractions following his path instead of slaying all kinds of exotic pussy...because he would never be able to.

Or the extreme example, dragging Alcibiades directly away from sensual pleasure.

There are many jewish social scientists and scholars and their physiology is pretty bad due to generations of jewish interbreeding thus forcing them into intellectual pursuits where they try and bring down others via ultra liberal/leftist ideas.

Maybe it's not so bad to judge a book by it's cover.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clouds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jews are over represented in intellectual fields because inbreeding caused them to have superior intelligence.

tl;dr it's okay to spam ad hominems over and over again, disregarding any real arguments, 'cause my dead german philosowank said so!

how ugly you must be to have come up with this ideal, by your own logic.

>2016
>Not being a ferocious beast of prey

You kinda did the same thing by evoking an ad hominem against me in the closing. Anyway, It's just a question to get talking I guess, let's do discussions for their own sake. Not sure if Nietzsche would approve though

Lol on one knows what real inbreeding is.
For example Iceland isn't inbred despite the memes.

No one here is capable of comprehending Nietzsche, apparently.

Nietzsche's piece on Socrates is in the tone of mocking his contemporaries who thought ugliness was a physical manifestation of an evil soul. Those same contemporaries also held Socrates in high regard. Nietzsche is pointing out this absurdity.

you have to go back to the coffee shop.

Have you ever met an ugly person that wasn't a vindicative piece of shit?

Let's get real here.

Not an argument.

ad hominem implies there was any real argument in this thread to begin with

protip: read a fucking book

Physiognomy is a pseudo-science user.

t. uggo

Gee who knew life is a little harder when people don't bend over backwards just to talk to you?

Wrong, the monstrum in amino comes from Nietzsche's time. He attacks socrates because ugliness is a negative trait in the scope of life affirmation, it gives the human brain a bad physiological response to it and thus is bad.
In the later chapters he goes on about how beauty is basically the most important thing ever.

thatsthepoint.jpg

its not a demon that makes ugly looking people ugly people

It's their ugliness

I think your mom is a really nice lady, user. Don't say that.

It's not just nietzsche, aristophanes too

>Pheidippides at first agrees to do as he's asked then changes his mind when he learns that his father wants to enroll him in The Thinkery, a school for wastrels and bums that no self-respecting, athletic young man dares to be associated with.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clouds

>The story resumes with Strepsiades returning to The Thinkery to fetch his son. A new Pheidippides emerges, startlingly transformed into the pale nerd and intellectual man that he had once feared to become. Rejoicing in the prospect of talking their way out of financial trouble,

Suck my dick Ugo. Im an 8/10 and no one talks to me

As someone who has worked in a research institute this is strangely true, a lot of (not all obviously) people there are broken somehow. Above average balding numbers, slothiness in their movement and demeanor, above average introversion and not the healthy kind, the one where you are retreating from society like a wounded animal etc..

Frankly I've never met a single fat woman who wasn't complete batshit so there probably is something to it.

>no one goes out of their way to do things for me
>no one talks to me
>thinks he's an 8/10

I have some terrible news.

Nah, brah I'm just hyper reclusive. Being a good looking male doesn't open up doors the way

maybe I'm a 7/10 but I know im easy on the eyes.

Stay envious

>Being a good looking male doesn't open up doors the way

>Being a good looking male doesn't open up doors the way

Exactly, it's not a magic wand that just pulls people in. It's an advantage when combined with charisma

Good on ya, man

>Is it really wrong to judge a person's ideas or at least the motivation behind them by judging them, especially their physiology/facial morphology?
Unless they're making a claim that directly has to do with their bodies (such as they're fat and they're claiming that their diet doesn't make them fat when it actually does or something similar), of course it's retarded. How the fuck is this even a question.

What the actual fuck, I doubt you even understand what you're asking.

I don't think you understand where Nietzsche was coming from. Let's say a physically fit good looking Athenian general is experiencing a lot of sex because of his physiological makeup and then comes an ugly slob to whom girls aren't naturally attracted to and tries to convince him that sensual pleasure is bad and he should do philosophy or mathematics instead.

And the useless kind, the kind that Aristophanes made fun of, do you really think that there isn't a jealous element in the uggo that wants to drag him down so he will feel better?

You need to find a coffee shop and stop posting these shit answers. Nothing about your remarks are accurate.

The negation of life from Socrates comes from his final comments about offering a cock to Asclepius. This is something the greeks would do to when they'd been cured of a disease. Thus, Socrates was saying life is a disease and death is a cure. Nietzsche is disgusted by this idea- and specifically that popular opinion (which he pointed out as fallacious) suggests what Socrates was saying must be true.

If you consider the life of Socrates, you couldn't make the case that he didn't live a full "life affirming life". He wasn't merely an ascetic outcast- he fought in wars, was a master mason, and married a young girl late in life to crank out 3 kids.

But, again, Take a look at the problem of Socrates- third paragraph. Nietzsche remarks "anthropologists among criminologists tell us the typical criminal is ugly". Nietzsche sees the absurdity in this- and goes on to ask "Was Socrates a typical criminal?"

To the reader, this obviously funny. Socrates is among the most celebrated and revered "wise men". It's absurd to think Socrates was a typical criminal- and so the lesson we're to take home is that it's absurd to take seriously the correlation between ugliness and criminals. Nietzsche doesn't spell this out- because it would be in bad taste. And he does want to go on to talk about Socrates inventing a new weapon for the rabble to use against nobility.

Interpretarion brought to you by post-modernist Schlomo Pierre Goldenstein at ENS.

Psychologically explaining why a person might believe what it believes is not a refutation of its beliefs. It's just a slightly more sophisticated ad hominem.