Explain the symmetric aesthetic choices here

Explain the symmetric aesthetic choices here.
Were they drunk??

WHY IS THE IRISH BIT ASYMMETRICAL

yes
but i think the basic idea was to not obscure scotland too much and to keep the english bits standing out

>no dragon
It's shit

Because it's more visually interesting.
Because the Irish are sub-human.

How come I remember the flag being completely symmetrical for every single day of my life until today?

>dude berenstein universe lmao xdddd

What are you talking about??

It's an easy detail to miss.

But I pay attention to details.
I'm a graphic artist and researcher.
I've been to Europe to study old artwork too.

Yeah, but flags aren't high art. Nobody analyzes flags as they do the Mona Lisa.

How is any one canvas any more or any less than another canvas for the free expression of art?
How is a flag NOT art in any sense of the word?
Why would I exclude flags in my study of graphics that catch someone's eye and sums up the expressions and intentions of a large population? Are you daffy or dumb?

I'm not suggesting flags aren't pieces of art. I'm just suggesting that people don't usually treat them as such.

Please don't derail this thread with your autistic cultural capital-signalling whining.

> It's an easy detail to miss.
Not if you're British.

You're not British.

that's exactly why graphic designers ought study and master flags and symbols to quantify meaning and intention that can be waved and all who witness it KNOW.
So I am asking, WHY IS THIS ASYMMETRICAL NON-SENSE ON THIS FLAG
IS IT TO SOW CONFUSION AND RAGE INTO ALL WHO SEE IT? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT IS CAUSING.

or was it changed recently?

IT WAS CHANGED RECENTLY.

It's asymmetrical because putting Ireland on top of Scotland would obscure Scotland.

1801 is not 'recent'.

bitch it was changed last night

It is like that to imply that the white diagonal bits are not just fimbriation but represent scotland

DUDE

I'm not certain, but I think its so you can flip it upside down to signal distress